World of Warcraft: Time is Money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well you can hardly blame em for holing up in that city of theirs...we both know what was happening there...and evacuating the city would have been suicide" he says with a slight nod. Moving an entire city of people out of there would have led to the lot of them being eaten alive by the worgens that threatened the city, sealing the gates was their best chance, and thanks to the foolish pride of the people, they had cut ties with their allies, believing they were needed by the alliance, more than the alliance was needed by them

"They made a stupid choice cutting themselves off from the alliance...and they ultimately paid for their arrogance...not much else to say about the alliance...they couldn't make it on their own, much like The Forsaken...and like the Forsaken, they went to those who offered them help...The Forsaken came to the Horde...and the newly born Worgens from Gilneas have taken to the Alliance..."

Fizzy shrugged while Grom rattled on about about the worgen. "I was kinda stranded on the Lost Isles while the Forsaken and Worgen were bickerin', but I've heard all about it. From what I can tell, the odds were stacked up against those poor saps. If it weren't for those tree-huggin' nighties, they woulda been toast for sure. Their wall protected 'em through the Second War, at least."

"Aye..." he mutters with a slight sigh "Only a few of the elves other than our redskins I don't mind" he says with a chuckle "Lady Sylvanas is up there...I met her in person a few times, lovely lady when she's not commanding an army into battle, and a damn fine commander, not to mention a good shot with a bow" he almost sounds a little admiring of her, a tone of voice not heard often when speaking to Grom, he was a humble man, but he didn't give undue credit, and he was easily one of the Horde's best troops

At the mention of the Dark Lady, Fizzy's eyes knit together and she stared ahead blankly. "Hold on...ain't those Forsaken guys Sylvanas' cronies?" she wondered aloud. Fizzy then turned her head to face Grom again with a look of concern. "You think she was behind this whole thing?" she questioned. There had to be some truth to her assumptions, as the Forsaken are under Sylvanas' rule, and she's been known to enact some rather...uncanny, and questionable tactics. Then again, there were those who would follow in Putress' steps. Not all Forsaken were loyal to their Banshee Queen.

"Those were Ebon Blade...probably under someone else's rule...kinda like how I'm under the Warchief's orders, but he doesn't personally give orders to every orc around...It might not be a bad idea to seek a meeting with her about this..." he didn't really need to see her, but the chance to see her again was a tempting prospect, she was a fetching undead, that was for sure, even if he didn't normally like the daintier frames of the elves, he had to admit the hardened warrior the Banshee Queen had become was as fearsome as she was alluring, so an audience with her wouldn't be something he objected to, but they had their own mission to get on with, and he didn't need to keep Fizzy waiting because of his desire to speak with her once more

"Ahhh..." the Goblin threw her hands up, then threw them down as an exasperated gesture. "We'd be going in over our heads if we talked to her personally. We should probably just tell the Warchief about it. I don't trust that walkin' pile 'a bones enough to come within fifty feet 'a her..."

"It would be a waste of the lady's time" he agrees with a chuckle "And just a word...I've been in at least 2 battles with her, she's plenty trustworthy, when you earn her respect, that is" he says with a slight chuckle "But yes...I shall send a letter when we land in the Wetlands" he says with a soft chuckle "So...what kinda tech are we looking to salvage? Power crystals or like...are we just grabbing random chunks of machinery we think might be worth something?" he asks with a cocked brow, if he'd be doing heavy lifting, he wouldn't want to be packing a large bag, after all

"I dunno...she's just too shady for my tastes." Fizzy replied, finishing up their talk about the Forsaken. As they segued into discussing the Wetlands, Fizzy quickly dismissed his ideas of finding technology. "Nah, nah, we won't find anything like that there. Buuuuut..." she grinned, and rubbed her hands together, peeking over the railings to see the zeppelin flying by Menethil Harbor. "I got a few places to hit up. We probably won't find much here...but hey, maybe it's fate that brought us here. Let's roll with it!"

"Alright people, we're landin' in the clearing just ahead! If ya don't wanna deal with crocolisks or murlocs, I'd suggest you use your Hearthstone and get outta here."

"Murlocs and crocolisks are nothing" Grom says with a chuckle "Murlocs tell you when they're about to attack, and crocolisks are easy enough to avoid" he says with a chuckle "And neither are too tough to kill...but, Mss Fizzy...you're the one in charge, you wanna trek through the swamp for a bit, or just Hearthstone down there?" he gives her a look of inquiry as he places a hand on his sword, and digs around for his Hearthstone, ready for either choice she could make "Unless we have to get to the town right away, I'd be happy to save us waiting the recharge time for the stones and just fight our way to the town"

Status
Not open for further replies.