World of Warcraft: Time is Money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh come on, I served for years on the isles, I'm only playing with her" he says with a chuckle, any sense of shame anyone else might have felt washed over him
"Heck, I was one of the first to arrive at their aid when Thrall decided the Redskins needed help" he mutters, somewhat irked by the apparent lack of recognition a man of his rank was receiving "Then again...I don't suppose many would remember me...most of them died"

His tone was a little dark as he muttered those last words "I'll admit, the Scar, and the Scourge are no joke...and that was in poor taste" he pauses for a moment and sighs "Some of us cope with loss differently, yeah?"
Seems this was a sensitive matter for him, as it would be for anyone, if they lost some of their brothers in battle defending a strip of land that some pointy eared, energy addicted race of elves, showed them no gratitude for

He'd probably just stand in silence, looking into the distance for the rest of the ride, a brooding his decision to try and lighten the mood
He'd never been one with words, that much had become dreadfully clear

The paladin couldn't help but glance back at the orc after continuing to overhear his conversation, and it looked as if her curiosity had paid off. With a raise of her gold brow, and a glint in her green eyes, the question slipped off her tongue. "...Grom?" Though, her question fell on deaf ears, as the undead masses decided enough was enough. The leader of their little posse cackled quietly underneath his hood, just as Grom could hear a sharp Click! at the side of his head. If he were to look over, he'd see that one of the Forsaken had pulled a gun out on him. As Fizzy noticed this, she completely flipped, causing a chain reaction across the deck. The other crew members began to scurry about in panic, before they were all strong-armed into keeping quiet. Fizzy raised her hands up swiftly out of fear. The Blood Elf across the deck raised them slowly in reluctant defeat. "Kim'jaela..." she swore underneath her breath.

Their leader came to stand before her intimidatingly, and his chilling voice reverberated across the ship. "I can understand you, 'rat'." he responded coldly. He pulled his hood back to reveal the pale white head of a fellow Blood Elf.

The paladin looked up at him with a scowl, and spit on his boots. To her, he was instantly recognizable. "You deserve the insult, Koltira."

Koltira struck her, as he had the other two troublemakers, and slowly made his way across the deck again. He drew his runeblade and spoke up. "I am Koltira Deathweaver, a Knight of the Ebon Blade, and servant of the Horde. This zeppelin is being requisitioned under the Dark Lady's command, and will be driven off-course for purposes we will not disclose." He shot the paladin a sharp glance. "If you have any objections...feel free to jump ship." At that, one of the crew members tried to make a run for it. He was quickly stopped by the elf's blade. "The crew, however, stays."

"Do you know who I am?" Grom mutters to the undead, his face stern, unfeeling almost "Do you know what I've done?" he turns to the man, not bothering with the gun directly in his face "Do you know how many I have killed?"
he walks forward, ignoring the fact the barrel pressed into his forehead, his hand was still on his hilt, and within a moment it had flashed upward, taking off the arm holding the gun at the elbow "Do you know the atrocities I have committed?"

The blade had found it's way into the man's ribs, before he twisted it, drawing it out harshly, causing the man's innards to rupture out in a gory mess

"Do you have any fucking idea who you just aimed a gun at?" Grom gripped the man by this neck, hurling at his friends

After this, a dragged flashed from his belt, mirroring the sword he clutched in his right hand

"Now, you undead rotsacks...show me a good fight...or you'll go down as just another grunt I put in the ground"

The Forsaken man made no sound of immediate pain as his bare-bones elbow was sliced off, but grunted as he was now disarmed. However, the moment he returned his gaze, Grom had already impaled him on his blade. He fell lifeless not moments after he was flung at his comrades. At the first sign of aggression, the other Deathguards and death knights began to swing at any other immediately armed passengers aboard, including the paladin, and the other orc. It seemed he had a concealed weapon...a dagger of some sort. It looked ceremonial, further proved by the fact that he was now firing off felblasts. The crew was busy panicking while the mob of soldiers unleashed their onslaught. After all, someone had to keep the ship afloat. Fizzy soon un-holstered a weapon of her own; the rifle she had aptly named "The Dreadshredder"; and began to fire upon the hostile agents.

"Oh, now look at what you've gone and done!"

Their leader, Koltira, cackled once again. He drew his sickly green runeblade, and it crackled with foul power while it was drawn. He held it firmly within both hands as he took Grom head-on. "You're a fool to challenge the might of a death knight! Face me!"

Grom smirks a little and brandishes his own blades, giving them a small spin as a quick flash of red glanced up the blade, revealing the nature of his own enchantments
"See...Being a Death Knight means you dies once before...that is what separates me and you...many tried to kill me...none succeeded...I'm pretty confident that some sickly looking elf is gonna be the one to end me"

His blade slashed through the air a few times, cutting swathes in the air as he eyes up Kolrita, seemingly viewing the man with a mix of disdain and entertainment
He'd killed more intimidating foes with his bare hands and came out of it laughing...this would be a joke to him
His dagger flew from his grip, aimed at the man's knee, before he rushed him, aiming to use his brute strength and sheer size to ram the man, hoping to barge him from the ship entirely

Koltira shared Grom's grin as a copy of his runesword swung up and deflected the orc's dagger. The Blood Elf laughed as only Blood Elves could; both bitterly and elegantly. He firmly held his ground and readied his runesword, while the copy mimicked his motions beside him. "Death was merely a promotion for me, orc. You don't see ordinary soldiers doing this, do you?"

Grom rolls his eyes at the man's magic, using a possessed weapon, which meant this was a Blood Death Knight, no ghouls for him, and little in the way of cancellation spells...
He smirks a little and swings his sword down at the man's blade, aiming to lock his sword with his foes, before delivering a swift kick to the man's crotch, if not causing him considerable pain, at least it had to do something to his stance
He sneers a little "I don't see ordinary soldiers do much but die, like your friend back there" he grunts "And I'm sure you will do soon" his eyes dart to his companion for a moment, to ensure she was alright, before locking back with the Death Knight's "Again" he adds with a small smirk

Koltira grit his teeth as their swords met, but not for long, as the orc's dirty tactic put him off. It was enough to break the clash, though the elf swiftly followed up with a quick blow to the right, flinging his two huge greatswords right back at him. "Hmph, and I thought you green brutes prided yourself on your honour." he joked harshly. "No matter, such futile tactics can't break the will of the dead." When Grom looked to Fizzy, she glanced back at him with a thumbs up, clearly safe at the moment. Their numbers were thinning quickly, and the most of them had gone for the paladin and warlock, both of whom were in good shape.

"Honor isn't afforded to your kind" he says with a small chuckle, his hands tightening around the hilt of his blade as he swung the sword at his foe several times, more showy attacks than practical ones, aiming to force the man back while he had time to think for a moment
He placed a boot on the handle of his dagger, moving it to be below his foot, though he couldn't take it yet, he had to buy time for now, which came in the form of the man's severed arm
The one holding the gun

He stomps on the arm, hoping to pull a tendon and cause the weapon to discharge, to startle his foe at the least, for him to grab his dagger back up

Koltira kept himself steady while he stepped slowly backwards to defend against his foe's onslaught, and it roved to be a challenge to break past the guard of two runeswords. He managed to pull Grom back into another clash, beginning to push back against his force, with the possessed doppelganger to back him up. "Neither does yours! Certainly, you remember what atrocities your kind had wrought upon Draenor! The Blood Elves have dealt their share of atrocities, but so have the Orcs! So has every race who resides on this forsaken planet!" barked the death knight, his ghastly voice full of passion, and hatred. As Grom ground his boot into the dismembered limb upon the deck, it caused no twitch reaction in the muscles, but the force was enough to strike the hammer of the rifle down and cause the sound of gunfire. Koltira stumbled at the sound due to his sensitive elven ears, putting him back on the defensive, and struggling from his loss of ground.

Grom snatched up his dagger and immediately started to take swing after swing at the man, his sword hammering down upon his retreating foe's defenses, his dagger flashing to lash out at any exposed area on the male's body, be it his legs, his arms, his torso or his face, if his defences shifted for even a second to leave an area open, he tried to exploit the gap and slash at the elf

"The Mag'Har were behind that entire debacle, and you know it!" he screams, his blows intensifying "You act as though you didn't serve Arthas, and wreak pain and suffering in his name, before the Ebon Blade was formed!"

He was getting mad at this point, the battle had his blood pumping, and this male's taunts were hitting home, but it might not have been a good idea on the elf's part

The Blood Elf's ability to parry was impeccable, as he continued to deflect Grom's strikes. Even as his roneblade lost its possessed twin, and the orc's strikes began to land, the most his dagger and sword could do was scratch his full suit of saronite and fur padding. Koltira lost his grin as he grit his teeth, finding his opponent's flurry of attacks perpetual. Either way, he continued to run his mouth. "I was killed, slaughtered; overrun! I had no say in the matter! Your kind could have easily declined The Legion's offer!" After being backed up against the bow of the zeppelin, he finally managed to push back, throwing one good overhead swing Grom's way. "The Sin'dorei were abandoned in every way! We had thought the humans of Lordaeron our allies, but they had shunned us in our time of need, and treated us as lapdogs!" he barked, finding his own fury to tap into. "We were left isolated; weak! It had driven our prince to madness!"

"And who took you in?" he growls, moving back, parrying most of the strikes with his dagger, and blocking others with his larger blade "The Horde did, Thrall did...and this is how you repay us?" he snarls, kick flying up, aimed at the man's chest, just to interrupt the man's barrage of attacks and to buy him a moment to consider his next actions "You replay our kindness by turning your back on us? The ones who ran to defend the scar, to put an end to the rain of your mad prince"

His lips drew into a sneer for a moment "Oh yes...Kael'Thas was a fine warrior...but he was sick..." he says, remembering the man's body, pale and sickly, barely kept alive by a crystal that had been put inside of his chest. He was naught more than a sick echo of who he used to be

After having his overhead swing deflected, Koltira stood back and held his greatsword more leisurely. He could see that the two had found themselves in a deadlock. Even though the Elf was exhausting himself, it was his anger that kept him strong. "My squadron and I merely required the use of this zeppelin to arrive at the Thandol Span! But, now..." The death knight looked towards his Forsaken troops being cut down one by one, while his fellow death knights already lay passed out on the deck. Either mortally wounded, concussed, or putting on an act. Instantaneously Koltira reeled back, and gripped the side of his head in pain. He repressed a grunt, but it was clear he wanted to let it out. "Men, lay down your weapons!" At his command, his soldiers reared their heads and sheathed their respective weapons. A tall black portal appeared behind Koltira, and the Forsaken began to systematically haul their fallen brethren through. They all moved in sync, as if they were being controlled. Koltira, however, stayed behind awhile longer, and shot daggers at Grom with his glowing eyes. It took another raging headache for him to finally retreat through the portal.

Grom sighs a little and grunts to his partner "There...that prove that I'm all the man you need?" he asks the tiny goblin lass, grinning from ear to ear "It's okay everyone, Zeppelin is safe to continue on it's course...those Undead are gone..." he announces to the crew and anyone who'd been playing dead, or hiding from them

"Now, Miss Fizzy...Need I show you my capabilities again, or are you sufficiently impressed?" he asks, flexing a little as he rubs his muscles lightly, it wasn't an exercise he'd expected, and so he had no time to work up his muscles, or to build rage to help him in the fight, so that was hardly his most impressive fight, but it should serve to show her he was combat capable

Fizzy cocked her rifle back and holstered it seamlessly. As she looked towards Grom, she shared his grin, obviously admiring his show of boasting. Grom couldn't recall hearing her firing a single shot, either. Perhaps she was stealing distracting glances the whole time. The Goblin chuckled before speaking "I never doubted it big guy. Even just havin' someone big as you was good enough." She strolled up beside the Orc and pat his arm. "You're gettin' paid double for this, though."

After faking heart-attacks, hiding beneath deck, or cowering behind one of the other passengers, the crew members revealed themselves again with a collective sigh. The captain took his spot at the bow, and the trio of crewmen returned to their stations by the zeppelin's motor. Everything went along smoothly for the ride along the rest of the ocean between Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms; the Elven Paladin and Orcish Warlock exchanged glances, off-put by each other's practices, but reached a silent understanding after recovering from the heat of battle side-by-side. But as the zeppelin reached shores, an unsettling message was passed between the crew and the captain.

"Yo...Cloudkicker? You're gonna want to see this..." grumbled one of the Goblins caring to the engine. Cloudkicker reared his head and waddled his way past the passengers, and came up beside the one who had called him. His eyes widened in shock.

"Fairweather!" the captain called below deck, "We got ourselves a huge gash on the side of the engine, we're gonna need to make an emergency stop in the Wetlands to make repairs!" after he relayed the order, cursing could be heard beneath the deck, and the remaining guards along the ship scoffed.

"Well, I must admit, the prospect of being twice as much is a great incentive to not hold back next time" he says with a deep, roaring chuckle, the man's lung emitted powerful laughs, and his voice itself seemed to shake the foundations of the body of anyone who heard it, it was a deep, yet soft voice, something oddly calming to those he called friends, and deathly terrifying to anyone who dared to address him as a foe

"As much as I would have loved to spill that fair haired redskin's blood" he mutters with a gruff grunt "I can't exactly kill someone like that and not expect it to come back and bite me on the ass later...besting him in fair combat is a much better course of action, now Miss Fizzy...do we have any plans for the Wetlands, or are we going to have to change zeppelins, or find a way to occupy ourselves until this one can repair it's engine?" he asks with a light cock of his brow, looking at her questioningly, wondering if they would be getting to work hacking their way through some undead in some ancient crypt in the Wetlands, or merely wasting time shooting at critters for target practice

Fizzy laughed along with her bulky colleague, resting her right hand over the butt of her gun and relaxing as she leaned against the zeppelin's railings. As any other Goblin, her voice sounded like an overused whoopie cushion; small and raspy. Though, unlike other Goblins, she was generally a bit more soft-spoken. It could make her rather good at persuasion...or scamming. It was always a game of second-thought when adventuring with Goblins.

She paused after being questioned about the Wetlands, and put a hand to her chin contemplatively. After a bit of thinking, she turned her head with a sly grin. "That depends." she responded ambiguously. "We'll see what happens."

He smiles and nods at her suggestion to merely wait and see "I suppose that is a logical course of action" he says as he leans back on the railing of the zeppelin for a moment "So, you see many hijackings, or was that your first?" he asks with a slight smile, checking his blade for a moment, before sheathing it and picking up the gun from the deck and looking it over "I never was one for guns..." he muses "You got any use for it?"

He offers it to her slightly, maybe she would have use of it, for tinkering or just for scrap metal, he didn't know what to make of the goblin inventions, he'd fought shredders before, and while they looked to be made of sheets of metal held together with string and assembled of old plates, they could take a fair beating. He didn't know how Goblins did it, but they did, and as far as he was concerned, that was enough knowledge of the matter
Of course, being an orc, he preferred manual labor, and was trained in smithing and making equipment for himself

Fizzy shrugged, then folded her arms. "Not really my first time...but, that was my first zeppelin hijacking." she paused for a quick laugh. "Rumor has it this zeppelin's cursed with bad luck. The thing's crashed eighteen times. I'm surprised it's even still in service..." She kicked around at the planks for a bit before Grom stole her attention again, offering her one of the guns the Forsaken wee using to strong-arm the ship.

She perked up at the sight of it and quickly snatched it away from him, and took a good look at it. "Ooh, yeah, this is a real nice piece of work. Gilnean muskets are top quality." Fizzy lightly rubbed her hand across the wooden stock, and dull barrel. "Very sleek. The Gilneans are surprisingly advanced in terms of technology. They certainly could've rivaled Goblin and Gnomish tech if they didn't hole themselves up." the Goblin slung it over her back with a quiet grunt, re-adjusting her backpack in the process. "This baby could sell for a pretty penny."

Status
Not open for further replies.