Workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work out 3x a week as an active duty Air Force officer, but now... not nearly as much.

About 1.5 miles of running 1x a week, though I tend to walk a lot... whether on job sites, events, dates, etc...

I try to do yoga everyday, but now it's like 4-5 times a week. When the weather is nice I put my front pack on and go for a walk on our property with the baby. Just recently I've also started a kickboxing dvd in the mornings.

I've always always always wanted to be a runner. And I cant. I literally break out in hives within 2 minutes of running. It is the strangest thing. I can dance for 5 hours straight, I can play sports, but I can't run. Not on a treadmill or on geound. My legs turn red and stay to itch like crazy. And doctors don't know what to think of it. So....bah.

I also hike up in the Alps in the summer.

Reactions: Razilin
Chasing after my kids. You might laugh, but going up a flight of stairs a half dozen times a day, then running around the neighborhood to find them is a work out in itself.....Don't even get me started on cleaning up their messes.

Don't even get me started on cleaning up their messes.
I'm assuming this means bending down to grab the toys a lot?
If so bend with your knees, not your back.

This isn't an exercise tip but rather a "don't permanently damage your spine" tip.

I used to run a lot, also while playing football/soccer. Not as much nowadays, maybe I would run once every two weeks if the weather outside is nice :)

I have been dying to work out. I want to, even walking for a long time would be nice but my face is so fucking swollen I can't do much these days.

I jog twice a week. Yesterday I went for 70 minutes.

I just started a nutrition and exercise program. Eating more lean proteins, and green veggies as well as working out thirty minutes a day. It's going well so far.

Mondays: Total Body/Cardio
Tuesdays: Arms
Wednesdays: Legs
Thursdays: Pilates
Fridays: Cardio
Saturdays: Full Body
Sundays: Yoga

11 miles today!! whoo! took 50 minutes :) I'm super proud of myself. I also bought a membership for Zombies, Run...totally worth it.

11 mi in 50 min?

whats that, D1?
wat? <.< >.> I just really wanted to sprint today. I did one 20 minute session then a 30 minute session.

I have the magic of hyper metabolism so I don't need to work out

I have that too, but you know... I like muscles.

200w.gif

Enough said.

I love full-body workouts... however, each day I may spend more time on one area than another.

In general, I try to work out six days a week, hitting my arms, shoulders, abs, and legs.
I do a mix array of exercises, usually whatever I feel like doing when I walk in the gym, but I usually end up doing a few dumb bell exercises, chest presses, push-ups, sit-ups, ab machines, elliptical (or running, depending on the day), and stretching.
I also attend a couple of classes that my Rec Center offers, such as cycling, and an awesome "Barbell Burn" class, where the instructor normally has us doing a ton of different exercises that hit everything. It's pretty dang fun.

I've also been working towards running a 13:30 1.5 mile, which was at first for the Navy, but now I'll be going Air Force, which calls for a slightly slower score for a 'minimum.' However, I now want to aim for the 12:00 minute 1.5 (my fastest has been a solid 13:00 so far).

I also incorporate CrossFit-styled workouts in sometimes, as well.

Edit: Also, squats and burpees are amazing! :D

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.