Without Heaven [OOC + Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, technically your character only promised to leave him unharmed. Not unchanged. the wording of his deal was actually incredibly open to interpretation haha. And yeah, I'm just a big fan of abridged series and shows of the like so poking fun at those logical fallacies comes as second nature to me.

Well, I respect your opinion about it but I'm gonna wait for everyone everyone's thoughts about it before doing revisions.

I would expect nothing less ^_^

I have no problems with that story line if that's what was being asked.

I think both the idea and the critiques have stuff going for them. Maybe tweak the idea so that the setup's a little easier to buy? Maybe the prince wasn't in the capital but some thought-to-be-secret retreat where nobody expects trouble because nobody knows about it, only your priest was able to get ahold of one of the few guards in the know and find out its secrets.

Is this a series or is it all created by the thread maker?

It's all original stuff if that's what you mean, @OrionsHammer.

And thank you for the feedback guys. I must admit that Buio raised some good points in his critique and I will make the appropriate adjustments. I'll present a revised version of the story I posted and perhaps 1 or 2 more main plots based on your suggestions and we'll have vote on which of them you'd like to play.

I'd love to perhaps join this thing, then. I'll have it under consideration.

In regards to the initial plot, I did create a small fishing village on the island, and where there's fishermen there's boats coming and going. I think if it's the hub of crime and such that it's made out to be, there's got to be traffic. Perhaps in regards to the main plot, it could be as simple as this: The exiled samurai were supposed to live out their days and die without causing any more bother. Instead, they're seen as inspiration by the criminal underbelly of Japan. Said criminal underbelly starts moving business interests to the island, since now it's a land the Emperor doesn't have anything to do with, except dumping more criminals. With no one to keep an eye on them, they're able to become better organized. Some of the samurai begin organizing the criminals into the beginning of the Yakuza clans. Soon the Emperor realizes all he's done is create an infection spot that, if not burned out, will spread through all of Japan. The initial conflict could be the first attempt to deal with the problem, since there's not much intel on how big the problem actually is. Our characters slap it down hard. Then there's more unity, more organization, bigger problems for Japan, more conflict.

Just my two cents, anyway. I like plots and worlds that are simple.

ah, you know @Vonghese brings to mind a good question. What exactly is the scale of crime going on in Ritenkyo, how organized is it?

I'm personally all for the idea of Ritenkyo being the motherland of yakuza haha, and it fits pretty well with teh description of the RP we have on the front page. Though I was thinking that many of these retired samurai living on the island would have been hunting down and chopping up those same criminals just a few years back. Tensions between the two groups would be sure to arise when they first met on ritenkyo unless they had something to bridge the gap. I've been thinking or a while now that that bridge should be your character @Solar✹Blitzfang43

As far I can tell up to now; the structure of the three blades has the reverend handling the political/public part of our organization, and Muramasa seems pretty set on running the logistics/business side. So Kirose seems like the perfect fit to run the military/police side. Since your character is himself an exiled high-class samurai, my idea is that he should be the one who rounds up a majority of the other exiled samurai who still hold onto their sense of honour, and get them ll to work under him as Ritenkyo's police, giving them a new duty and something to keep using their swords on. Him being the chief of police is actually pretty fitting considering he's wearing a shinsengumi uniform haha. But yeah, with your character's faction already controlling most of the samurai muscle on the island, it would be under your guy's leadership that the samurai bridge the gap between themselves and the outlaws of the mainland and create those budding yakuza clans that the shogun fears so much. I think that would be a good way to make vong's suggestion work. thoughts?

Yeah I don't mind that idea at all since that was what I was planning on having him do in the first place so if that would fit in with the idea of his then even better.

Reactions: Buio
I see a lot of really great ideas here!

First, I approve of the organization structure for the Three Blades that Buio and Vonghese proposed. I also approve of Kirose being the one to unite the samurais of the island.

As for the topic of crime in Ritenkyo, it's very severe on the island but it has yet to be centralized. There are several criminal factions on the island (one of them will be the yūjo guild that Aimatsu joined) and not all of them bend to the Three Blades' will.

On the topic of boats on the island, yes they do exist. There's just enough raw material in the island to make small boats. Occasionally, the island is visited by Wokou or Japanese pirates that trade and stash their bounties. Vessels from Ritenkyo are forbidden from entering the mainland as per the shogunate.

• Thank You
Reactions: Buio
awesome. this is all shaping up to be pretty cool. now we just need a few more people to round out the player base.

Well as I'm making three of them it's slow work. >.<

I have an idea for a character, but there's a slight problem regarding her: she would never have been/be able to make it on her own. So, for it to work I'd either need to make a second character or someone else would need to play that character. Would I be allowed to create two?

Also, around when exactly is this set? Because I want my character to be of chinese origin, but I need to check if that's even possible first. XD

It's possible one of our characters is looking out for her. Have you read through the other CS's to see if one already fits?

We should draw up a rough map of the island. Do the Blades stick together, or do they have their separate places?

I'm thinking there should be

1) An official port, where Empirical ships dock. This village would be the cleanest and wealthiest.

2) A pirate port on the far side of the island from the official port. The raunchy place. Opium dens, whorehouses, etc.

3) A couple of farming/fishing communities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Kirose would live apart from the other blades since he kinda hates their lack of honor and only works with out of necessity so he would most likely spend time in the town or in a secluded area.

Well, Aito has one of the fishing villages pretty much to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.