Without Heaven [OOC + Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of making another character actually that has some history with Kirose and be his polar opposite.

Hint: Someone like Kenshin.

@Gladis

It would be somewhere between 1605-1623.

A map would be lovely but I can't draw to save my life! XD

What other features would be important besides the villages/towns/communities? Would there be a mountain? Would that mountain be volcanic? Would there be heavy brush on the island and a concentration on the coast, or would it be mostly covered with farming communities?

We could use Nii-jima. It's one of the Izu islands, south of Honshu, almost directly south of Tokyo.

Nii-jima was actually a penal colony in the Edo period. It's characterized by some fine-ass beaches. There are two smaller islands right by it. Current population 2700 would make for a good sized farming and fishing community that could support local lazy-ass criminals.

[spoili]
Landsat_Niijima_and_Shikinejima_Island.jpg
[/spoili]

It's possible one of our characters is looking out for her. Have you read through the other CS's to see if one already fits?

I'll look through the character sheets and see if anything fits. ^^

716723-bigthumbnail.jpg

Name: Shigane Tachibana
Alias/Titles: The Rising Dawn
Profession: Wandering Ronin/Shogunate Spy

Likes: Showing Mercy, Training, The sunrise, and his blade, Donraijingu
Dislikes: The night, Honorless thugs, Being idle for long periods, and The Blades of Dominion.
Bio:
Shigane was born to a family of farmers that were fairly low class in the ranks of society of the times, but they took pride in who they were and did their jobs better than anyone else. One day during a spring harvest the emperor decided to vist the people as a publicity stunt to put up the act of actually caring for his people. Shigane at the time was 15 and looked upon the retainers with awe and was surprised to see someone about his age amoungst them so he decided to strike up a chat with the man. He learned the man's name was Kirose and even though they didn't speak for long he left quite the impression upon Shigane sparking his desire to become a swordsman setting him down the path to learn the ways of the sword. Shigane came across a wandering Ronin that was giving out lessons in exchange for ryo which he jumped at hoping that this man would be able to show him the fast track to becoming a great swordsman. After that point his journey into the samurai world was long and hard because of his simple past, but he worked harder than anyone else and finally was able to impress the emperor enough during a tournament to win the honor of becoming his next retainer.

Over the next few years Kirose and Shigane became known as the hands of the Emperor with Kirose being named his Shadow and Shigane his Rising Dawn. Eventually a new power came about and the era of samurai was coming to an end mainly because of the new sword ban which upset more than just a few people in the nation. Shigane had no problems handing over his blade to keep his oath, but Kirose had other ideas and instead stole away to this new island of outcast prefering to stick to the old path than this new world that didn't need samurai. The emperor was quite saddened to see such a powerful asset leave like this and sent Shigane on a secrect mission to try and get him to come back hoping that their relationship as friends would break through the walls that Kirose had set up around himself. Now he goes by the alias of a wandering ronin hoping to convince his friend to return to the mainland with him and return to their old life.

Weapon(s): His new blade Donraijingu was the exception towards the new sword law as it is a sakabato or reverse blade and was granted permission from the emperor to keep it.
Kenshin__s_Reverse_Blade_Sword_by_grimmjow__jaggerjack.jpg

Fighting Style:
Uses the the Battojutsu which involves the rapid drawing and sheating of one's blade at rapid speeds. Of course Shigane is at a bit of a disadvantage with his sword being a sakabato, but what he lacks in drawing speed he makes up for it in real actual speed managing to be able to keep up with one of the strongest members of the Three Blades, Kirose.

Last edited:
Should be a quite interesting character. Possible point of conflict with, well, everyone.

I've been planning a couple of NPCs that my character would have regular interactions with. They'd be open to everyone's control, as they saw fit.

Yeah I just needed someone else to help flesh put Kirose's character while also giving him someone to interact with that he might now hate on first sight. That and I still don't know if I should have them team up or fight each other yet.

He might want to kill some time by challenging the greatest Naginata wielder of the island. Since he uses a reverse sword, he won't be in as great a risk of accidentally cleaving the shaft through.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea since if he wants to go up against Kirose challenging some tough opponets would be handy..that and he still needs to get used to the slower draw of his blade.

Shirahama Kenki

Japanese pirate. Quite the debonair gentleman, has family in Aito's village. Aito may or may not be banging his niece. Kenki confides himself to the wakazashi, as that's more practical in the close confines of ship-to-ship combat, but wields one in each hand like a Holy Storm. He puts at the pirate port every month or so, lets his men get all their crazy out, then comes home to spend a few days with his brother's family.

Iwanami Kōjien

The Most Holy man on the island, according to all but himself. Kōjien is the leader of the island's Shinto priests. He's a very kindly and humble old man, who always goes barefoot and works his ass off to support whatever community he's passing through. Aito is a great admirer of him. He's a gentle soul who wouldn't hurt a fly. Very old, but highly skilled in the healing arts.

Nezumi Kozō

The most outrageous and flamboyant thief you could ask for, who frequently trades stolen goods to the fisherfolk of Aito's village in return for food and other supplies. He is a member of one of the criminal gangs on the island. He does not lead them, but frequently represents them as a spokesman.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea since if he wants to go up against Kirose challenging some tough opponets would be handy..that and he still needs to get used to the slower draw of his blade.
Exactly. He wants to assure himself that his skills are up to the challenge by defeating someone he perceives as lesser. Maybe he knocks off several samurai on the island before getting around to Aito.

Though I'm thinking for the purposes of this RP, it would either result in a draw, or be interrupted partway through.

Yeah could make quite the name for himself on the island first to help with the cover of his identity, but his only drawback would be his lack of killer instinct which is why Kirose is always a step ahead of him.

Have you ever used titanpad before? I think that collaborating on a single post to show their fight would be much more fun than trying to back-and-forth it.

I have not heard of that before but I do usually collaborate with others to get through with fights since fighting scenes are sadly one of my weak points.

A good fight scene is like ambrosia to me, whether writing, reading, or watching.

Well then sir i'll try to live up to your standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.