Why is your Utopia a Dystopia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Utopia involves everyone owning ferrets instead of cats and dogs.

No downsides, aside from the smell.
Ferrets can be pretty mean. I think people would need to be more careful with their small children.

Ferrets can be pretty mean. I think people would need to be more careful with their small children.
The myth that ferrets can hurt children is silly. The worst a ferret can do is draw blood, like a small bird or a mouse. The small child, meanwhile, can accidentally crush the ferret by hugging it too hard, or trying to play with it inappropriately. The child is like, 50-100 times heavier than a ferret, I'm not sure how the ferret could present any sort of danger to a child. :ferret:

You'd be suprised the amount of damage ferret teeth and claws can do.

The myth that ferrets can hurt children is silly. The worst a ferret can do is draw blood, like a small bird or a mouse. The small child, meanwhile, can accidentally crush the ferret by hugging it too hard, or trying to play with it inappropriately. The child is like, 50-100 times heavier than a ferret, I'm not sure how the ferret could present any sort of danger to a child. :ferret:
I think I'm still right, just in a different way even if I fell for a silly myth.

Reactions: Brovo
By that same virtue, dogs and cats can do more damage than ferrets. Therefore, a ferret Utopia is best Utopia. :ferret:

I suppose I cannot argue with that.. Damn... I can't tell my cats though. They'll eat me.

Reactions: Brovo
Since morality is relative, and I'm a very reasonable fellow, my morals might as well be the absolute. My utopia consists of me as the autotechnocrat. It will be great, like King Solomon, but better.

Aye. I once had a friend who had several ferrets as well as a guinea pig. One day she came home to find that the ferret had somehow gotten into the guinea pig's cage (or something to that effect... don't remember the details on that one), and had rather viciously attacked the guinea pig, which did not survive.

Granted, a dog or cat could also probably kill a guinea pig rather easily if given the opportunity, but yeah.

they aren't playing basketball. Thus, inferior to my utopia
Except that it is GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL versus AMERICAN ENGINEERING.

This is the shit, yo. Paint them like ferrets and we can call it the Weasel War Dance!

Everyone is me. Everyone.

You are me. You are me. Even you, over there, yeah you. You are me. Your loved ones are me. Your pets are me. Everyone you know, and everyone you do not know, is me. In short, everyone is me. And not just everyone, but everything is me too. Cars are me. Houses are me. Mountains are me. Even the flowers are me, with my head on tiny green stalks.

Except me. I am Dave, and I clean windows during the summer for a reasonable price.

There is no downside.

Rocket League is the official sport. All disputes both internal, foreign, and domestic are settled in rocket league by the people having the dispute. None else.

Reactions: Hellis
Rocket League is the official sport. All disputes both internal, foreign, and domestic are settled in rocket league by the people having the dispute. None else.
The sweet buzzer beater, aerial, bicycle hit of 2017 solved the Palistinian/Israel conflict once and for all.

Except that it is GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL versus AMERICAN ENGINEERING.

This is the shit, yo. Paint them like ferrets and we can call it the Weasel War Dance!
You really like Ferrets XP Also, you're like the first person I've met that knows Japan as Nippon. Strangely odd to see for some reason.

As more my Utopia... For some reason I don't want a utopia. I don't think that we are designed for peace. Why do we get a thrill of seeing action in movies? Why do we seek out stories and dramatize already over the top and terrible things? As a species, we crave drama, and when we don't get that drama, we get boring and miserable. And when we force ourselves to not have any form of drama, then oddly enough, we get deprived of it, which leads to lots of problems of its own. But I suppose if that's if you're talking about a perfect utopia.

My personal utopia is by no means "Perfect" and that's because I won't try to make it perfect. The more you strive for perfection, the more extreme you will have to become until you loose yourself XP Sadly though, I don't have an example to point to of anything similar to my personal utopia. But if my personal universe/story actually gains traction/written out and becomes popular, then the main city will basically be what I think is perfect (Or the closest thing to it. It is NOT for everyone by any means, but it's perfect for me, and the people that know about it think it's the best place and civilization ever. (Even saying that he would rather live there than his own personal utopia ^^) It's not the safest, but it is the most satisfying, the most fun, the most entertaining, a perfect balance of everything that one would crave for. (By the opinion of myself, and the people that knows about it.

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
I love how almost everyone is saying that there is no downside to their utopia. X3

It's mostly in a joking sort of way, but still, it's completely missing the point of this entire discussion; and that is to come up with negative side effects to what you see as the perfect utopia.

Reactions: Jorick
You really like Ferrets XP Also, you're like the first person I've met that knows Japan as Nippon. Strangely odd to see for some reason.
*slowly raises hand* I know it by that name.

I'm sure lots of people here do, even if they don't always use it in conversation.

Hi, I'm back with a lot of snippy retorts and random videos!

I think I just saw this thing split into 3 directions.

FOR THOSE INVOLVED IN PART 1 (Or those who said something along the lines of "Your morals suck; get off the site or change your entire way of thinking, please")
[spoili](Sigh... It's true. I'm white, I have an opinion, and I don't want everyone to die. Thank you for your scathing remarks. cx)[/spoili]​
FOR THOSE INVOLVED IN PART 2 (Or those who actually talked about their ideal world, even if jokingly)

FOR THOSE INVOLVED IN PART 3 (Or those who had random conversations in the background)

Nippon or Nihon from Nifon, born when the Yamato/Wajin defeated and conquered the Emishi tribes, or the "wild men of the north", and decided the name given to them by the Wa was too humiliating to continue using. Around the same time, Shinto arose from ancient spiritual practices into a formal religion, complete with a belief that everything is a (piece of or total complete form of) spirits, akin to Gods or Angels in Western mythos.

I love Japanese culture, like I love Roman culture: An interesting, historically rich group of peoples I will never personally belong to, but whom I can admire for their varied accomplishments throughout history.

Also, yes, I fucking love ferrets. Originally was just going to be a temporary motif here on Iwaku, but people seemed to like it a lot, so... :ferret:
I love how almost everyone is saying that there is no downside to their utopia. X3
Well, mine might... Stink. A lot? :ferret:
FOR THOSE INVOLVED IN PART 3 (Or those who had random conversations in the background)
You can't make me get into the basket! (But you can get me back on topic. My Utopia would definitely stink a lot. The one downside to ferrets is they really do have a unique scent, even if you clean them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.