Where you from?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Ohio.... I'm from Ohio.. It's where I've lived since I was born...

I'm from up north. I moved down south when I was a wee little lad.

I am from NW Istria County, Croatia an area that was always on the hinges of history even if all around it there were places of great historical turmoil.

My local area is a place of gentile hills covered old towns and villages, forests, olive groves or wine yards. Just like the rest of Istria it has a proud tradition of wine and olive oil making dating back thousands of years. It is a dozen kilometers inland so on non-foggy days you can see the sea and on good days even the Slovenian Alps and during the night the lights of Italian coastal towns of Veneto. The beach is close by too. And we don't even have sharks or killer jellyfish, and only have two poisonous snakes and one poisonous spider.

As for the rest of my country - well we had the bad luck of almost a thousand years of foreign rulers - the Hungarians, then the wars between the Ottomans and Austrians which split the land (we really were "the last shield of Christian Europe" at that time), all the time with Venice eying the coastal areas and grabbing what it cloud. Then Napoleon and the revolutionary waves of 1948 in which we had a crucial role in stopping the Hungarian revolt. Finally WWI came but it just lead to Croatia falling under the influence of Serbia. Then it was the WWII in which, after the Germans stormed trough the country lead to desperate fighting for freedom by the Partisan movement which heavily reflected on Croatia too. Then came the years under the communist rule and for 45 years the country was peaceful until the War of Independence in which a large part of the country was occupied and bombarded with shells, bombs or missiles. Just to give you a short history if you don't know about it.

We have a surprisingly high number of good sportsmen and sportswomen for a small country and many Americans of Croatian origin are musician or actors. We can note that we have two winners of the Nobel Prize both in chemistry and that time after time, no mater the era or means of warfare proved to be excellent in pulling the rug under our enemies. You probably don't know but Nikola Tesla was born in Croatia and I visited his childhood home, now a museum, twice. The torpedo was also firstly build in the Croatian port city or Rijeka. And a lot more things but that will have to wait for another time.

I'm from Maryland, born and raised here. Although I wouldn't mine leaving it...

Born in poland raised in North Carolina, but lived in California, Florida, South Carolina, Florida, Georga, Virginia and now i live in New York c:

SOMEONE PUT "BITCH" AT THE START OF THE TITLE! >:[

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Born and raised in New York City. Just a regular city girl.

I'm from SoCal, baby! Los Angeles area native, born and raised in a quiet, sleepy suburb of greater LA County.

Also @Danigirl I love your avatar! Tyrande is <3

Reactions: Danigirl
I'm from the US, born in Indiana, which I'm convinced is in the top ten most boring places on planet Earth. Lol

I was born in the frozen tundra that is the land of beer and cheese, as more commonly known as Wisconsin. I now live in Indiana.

I am from Central California!! I have lived as far north as Sacramento and as far south as Bakersfield. ^_^

I'm Argentinian. In fact, my girlfriend got me inside Iwaku so i'm certain there are at least 2 of us here.

I'm surprised of how many nationalities are around here.

Sssssweden. Nothing exciting ever happens around here.

Well, aside from the occasional drunk moose.

Sssssweden. Nothing exciting ever happens around here.

Well, aside from the occasional drunk moose.
What are you talking about? There's plenty of excitement here in Sweden! Like.. You know... Uhm.. Astrid Lindgren's stories?... .... Uhm... Snow? ... hum..

FINE! WE'RE DULL! BUT WE'RE AWESOMELY DULL!

What are you talking about? There's plenty of excitement here in Sweden! Like.. You know... Uhm.. Astrid Lindgren's stories?... .... Uhm... Snow? ... hum..

FINE! WE'RE DULL! BUT WE'RE AWESOMELY DULL!
Yea, but we got free healthcare, though.

Also IKEA. And surströmming.