Where did your username come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined Iwaku as Melancholy, and had that username for about 8-9 months. Then I started hopping into the chatbox where I met the biggest sweetheart asshole you'll ever meet. He started calling me 'Melon' thinking it was some kind of insult...but everyone thought it was cute, and so it stuck!

Thanks @Xnijmai for the great name. Even though it was a total backfire for you. 8D

Magnum comes from back when I first joined Star Wars combine I went through a random name generator. The name I ended up liking was "Duvnar Magnum" which I kept for a character I RP'ed as for about 2-3 years.
Gwazi comes from mid-way through Duvnar's RP's where I figured I'd get him an adopted son. I chose the name "Gwazi" because it was a name I recently ran into with the game Gladius and thought it sounded cool.

"Gwazi Magnum" then ended up being the username everywhere because said star wars sites had the rule of name the account off your main character, I didn't learn this wasn't the case on most RP sites until a few months in. And by the time I realised that everyone already knew me as Gwazi, so I just kept it.

Last edited:
Mine comes from a roleplay character.

And that's all I have to say about that.

>.>

It's my name.

I like potatoes.

"Wedge Antilles" was my previous name here, as I felt I related very well personally to Wedge... awesome guy who got approximately zero credit for anything, which is fine as long as I survive and enjoy being me.

Then, Star Wars Episode VII... Poe Dameron was kind of the next form of Wedge Antilles, so it only felt natural to make the transition to this user name.

"Yuki" is my favorite Japanese name. I put a second "U" because when I decided on it the main character from a series called Vampire Knight was the first thing to come to mind and her name is spelled 'yuuki' in the official English translation.

"Tatsunohi" apparently means dragon of fire according to my high school Japanese teacher.

So I just put them together and voila!

I named myself after an RP character I never got to use. Valentyne is what I go by in real life as well as online, but they come from the same thing. When I was choosing a name for myself, I had several things in mind: I wanted it to have specific linquistic roots (French, it ended up being; all other feminine forms of the name are Valentina. It comes from the Latin "Valens" meaning strength), I wanted it to start with a "v" (I also considered Vivienne and Valerie), and I wanted a slightly unusual spelling (worked out because the "y" means people never pronounce the more common masculine form, which is "Valen-teen"). I looked over the characters I had written, and I came across one Valentine Lachance, who was planned for the third part of a roleplay that was currently on its second. I never used the character, but she was characterized by an unswerving goal, almost tunnel vision, to reach her homeland again, which she had been taken from as an infant. I liked this aspect of determination (as it someone reflects my own disposition) and the character herself was similar to me in other ways, and it fit all my other requirements (after changing the spelling), so I became Valentyne Lily Lachance, taking Lily as my middle name for personal reasons. (And maybe because I like flowers ┐('~`,)┌)

And that's the overly convoluted version of why my best friend calls me "Valley-girl" to my incessant annoyance.

Rí means King in Irish. Thas fitted the whole two syllable thing I wanted.

Though I guess it was originally 'Rithos' which I got from tost, which means Silence.

So I guess with what I mean it to be you could translate it back into "King (of) Silence, or the silent king" or something. I mean, you couldn't. Due to Thas not being a word. But still.

Then again, Rithas is basically 'Rith as' which basically means run-out. Hmmm,

I dunno, I just thought the name sounded good. And I did basically want something with "Rí" in it.

So, basically. It has a meaning if you want there to be one, or it could just be "I THOUGHT IT SOUNDED COOL!"

I enjoy the Dark Souls series, even if others don't. The thing I enjoy the most from Dark Souls is there story (or lack there of) and how you just have to learn it from the world around you and the items you can pick up, etc.

Artorias was my favorite boss from the entire series, and his backstory is cool as well.

My friends and I were into the Warrior cat series so we created characters to play as during recess. I somehow ended up with the name Icystorm. Ten+ years later and it is still the name I use.

@Wolfiethehybrid123
I would become so confused if you changed your name. I say 'Wolfie' and my boyfriend instantly knows who I am talking about.

I like constellations and stars.

I also double dip. Every time.

Michael came from the fact that most of my family calls me Mikey, even though my name is not Michael. Still, it's a nice name.

Kokirin came from the fact that people pronounce it very differently from it's root, Kokiri from Ocarina of Time, just because it has an 'n' at the end. But the pronunciation is how I pronounce it, and it stuck.

The two names fit very nice together in my opinion.

It's a compolitation nickname.

Lucky- The nickname of my first OC + a play on my insane good or bad luck ( day dependent)

Cool-a placeholder from Fanfiction due to me doing stupid with passwords being that- I ain't telling you the rest.

Hawk- A nickname I picked up on a forum, added it to my name.

9- My favorite name/ the day of my birthday/ my lucky number.

Bonus points: Novice Necromancer tag is a play on me having a hard time keeping characters dead.

It kind of comes from my real name?
Plus, I think it has a certain vibe, to me, that I like.
I've used it for a pretty long time.

But I'm not a neko. D: I was honestly bewildered when I started using it and people thought I was something that I didn't really know about.

I've joined and left Iwaku a few times, and each time I came back, there was Lulu in my name. On most every sight I've joined, my name has either been LuluRS or Kylulu. I felt the need to change it up a bit.

So I took the name of my favourite Character arc from my favourite game series. (Do not get me started talking about DA, I will never shut up.)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
The name Noctis actually doesn't come from an exiting character.o.o I actually just found out there was some dude in Final Fantasy that was named Noctis. I just liked it because it's Latin for night and decided to name my first to OC after it. The whole Noctis the Devious thing actually came from a friend and the whole this was actually "Noctis! You devious bitch!" It sort of stuck :3

The whole, Of lies and stories bit? Not that's and interesting piece if information mention for another day.

FFXi random name generator. I liked it, and I've used it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.