When the Wolves Hunt the Fox

Leone nodded slightly, devoting her name to memory. He waited patiently for her to return with his towel and drink. His gaze rested steadily on the window as he watched the storm go on. He wasn't too sure about walking back to his apartment with all the lightning and thunder. After all, he had a metal crutch and a metal brace strapped to his leg.

Soon enough, Carissa returned with the towel and his drink. "Thank you." He stated gratefully as he began to dry himself off. He was about to ask Carissa a question to fill the awkward silence when another girl came up to him. Her first question didn't really make sense to him, leaving him with a small frown on his face. Her second question made sense, so he quickly answered. "One of the Harry Potter books." He stated with a small shrug and set the towel down on the arm of the chair. He reached for his hot chocolate, hoping that this stranger would leave him alone. A dull ache was beginning to spread in his lower back, causing his frown to deepen slightly. Today really wasn't his day.

Kyle looked up at Carrisa when she brought him his drink. "Thank you" and looked back into the papers.

"Are you alright sir?" She questioned Leone, concerned about the frown he wore on his face. Her gaze quickly flickered to the window when another boom of thunder rang out, lightning cracking down every so often. "Hmm, I may have to go soon.. Too much water on the roads won't good, Cas wouldn't do so good hydroplaning all over these roads..." she thought aloud.

It was her day off anyways, it's not like she could get in trouble for leaving early. The weather conditions might cause them to close up shop early anyways, it wouldn't surprise her. Storms like this weren't too common in the first place. Something was off, something just wasn't right.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just not looking forward to walking home in that mess." Leone spoke evenly as he followed her gaze outside. "Wind and rain are fine. Lightning and thunder, not so much." He sighed and took a sip of his hot chocolate. He didn't mention his back pain, seeing as he was used to it flaring up during bad weather like this.

If only he could see a weather radar, then he'd know whether to wait it out or push his luck and make a metaphorical run for it. He was leaning more towards the wait it out side of the equation.

Slipping on her thin leather jacket the young woman adjusted the collar and shook her hair out. Running her and through her think, drenched, raven black hair she pushed it all back and rolled her shoulders. A disappointed head shake followed as she sighed. Running her thumb across her lips she wiped it on her pants and carried forth through the alleyway. Coming out onto the street she followed the road which eventually led her to a small hybrid of a coffee shop and bookstore.

What she was looking for seemed to be in here. Opening the door she couldn't help but smirk when she spotted the burning red hair of the recently acquainted young woman. Her clothes and hair dripped onto the floor as she analyzed the patrons, a couple more women and two men, one was surprisingly familiar. She'd have to be careful around him.

Approaching the counter her boots thudded against the floor as she eventually took a seat and waited for one of the workers to approach her. She found herself glancing over her shoulder, amber looking towards the one with the red hair. The tall, raven haired woman was intrigued. She'd have to make sure she kept an eye on her, slowly try to get closer.

Last edited:
((Uh... Hello?))

((I guess this one's dead.))

((I just didn't want to keep posting so much and leave the creator of the post in the dust.~))

(Holy crsp! My phone never notified me! Let me read and catch up.)

((Apparently not...))