When the Wolves Hunt the Fox

((@Z Well Cam is about 45 so you're more then welcome to. Your character just seemed a bit, young.))

((Ah, I must've read something wrong, Cam seemed young to me., I'll have to re read some posts. Sorry about that.))

He lightened up, "Will you please tell me what you know?" He asked politely. He thought he might be able to get more out of her if he was nicer. "Then could you get your friends to tell me what they know?"

Oh great, it's summer. Perfect time for a damned monsoon to rain down from the heavens.

Leone Kyvak wasn't really one for bad weather. Not since he got a free go home ticket from the army. Normally he was hesitant to go out at all, but listening to the heavy rain pounding on his window was just driving him insane today. He was bored, the TV didn't have a signal due to the storm, and he already read all the books he had in his apartment.

He maneuvered his way down the steps, relying heavily on his forearm crutch, and reached the door. Now, he could either go back up the stairs, an annoying hassle, or go out and walk a block to the coffee shop to unwind and read a good book or two. After all, who would be stupid enough to be out and about on a fine day like this?

Leone was a tall, muscular young man. His slightly wavy black hair had grown down right above his eyebrows since the days of the buzz cut. He would never be cutting his hair that short again, at least. He was wearing a grey tshirt, now nearly black from the rain, along with a pair of black cargo shorts. The brace that went along his right leg was out in the open for the whole world to see, but fortunately no one was looking.

He wasn't exactly new in town, but many people never saw him because he preferred to stay in his apartment. Of course, he did go out for groceries and such, but he made sure to do it later in the evening when most people were at home. He also turned up at the White Albatross from time to time when he had nothing better to do. He didn't like people seeing him struggling with his bad leg. He had too much pride for that.

About halfway down the block, Leone realized just how stupid he was for heading out in a storm like this, but he kept walking. Eventually he reached the coffee shop and carefully made his way in. The floors were a little slick under his crutch, and getting up on one of the stools at the counter seemed pretty impossible, so Leone made his way over to a chair nestled in the corner by a bookshelf and settled himself down.

What are so many people doing here today? But, then again, I'm here. Being just as crazy as everyone else in this room...

Last edited:
((Uh... Hello?))

Carissa returned from the back room after awhile, just as she noticed a new customer taking a seat at one of the tables. She quickly refocused herself and grabbed a menu from the front counter and brought it with her to the man. She had seen him before, and vice versa, but she had never really spoken with with. She was in here all the time, though why a twenty three year old spent all of her time at work voluntarily was a mystery.

"Welcome, is there anything I can get for you today, sir?" She inquired, handing him one of their menus which consisted of different kinds of tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. Water is free of charge, with towels if you'd like one." She gave a very sweet smile with her comment, running a few idle fingers through jet black bangs as the other hand held the notepad waiting for his order if he had one.

Leone had been looking at a few of the titles on the shelf when an employee came to him with a menu. "I think I'll take you up on the offer for a towel." He replied with a small laugh. His gaze flicked down to the menu, deciding on what he wanted. "I'll have some hot chocolate, please." He handed the menu back to her.

His gaze returned to the bookshelf, before a thought hit him. "Anyone know when this storm's going to be over?" He asked. His gaze drifted over the occupants of the shop curiously. Considering that he didn't have a smart phone and the TV was out, he didn't know how long this storm would last.

Carissa returned the laugh at the request for a towel. When he requested hot chocolate, her eyes were on her notepad for only a second before they looked back at him as she took the menu back.

As she was going to ask her usual follow up question to the order of hot chocolate, he suddenly asked about the weather. She hadn't even thought about it, but the news hadn't even predicted a storm for today. "You know, that's a good question. There wasn't even supposed to be a storm today according to the news, it was only supposed to be mildly cloudy. I have no idea how long it will last, I'm sorry. I hope it's not too burdensome for you, sir. Let me get your order, I'll be right back." She reassured

As she started to walk away, she stopped and spun back around on the balls of her feet, remembering what she was initially going to ask. "Hot chocolate comes with the options of whipped cream, and a peppermint our cinnamon stick, does any of that sound good?" She inquired.

Leone made a thoughtful noise when she commented about the weather. "Weird." That was all he had to say on that matter. He was used to weather people being wrong, but not this wrong. Being in the army made him slightly more skeptical of things, and his gut usually helped him out a lot. And right now his gut was telling him that something wasn't quite right. He wasn't sure what wasn't right, however, so he just kept his peace.

"Whipped cream sounds good." He replied with his casual smile. His gaze returned to the bookshelf, spotting an interesting book that was just out of reach. He reached for it, shifting his bad leg slightly to get a little more reach. He managed to grab the book and sat back with a self-satisfied smirk.

He started reading one of the Harry Potter books as he waited for the employee to return with his hot chocolate. The thing with the whole coffee shop bookstore concept was trying to figure out whether to call the people who worked there shop keepers or servers or waitresses.

Kyle looked out the window. He saw a black mass and raised out of his seat pulling his duster back to reveal his holster. "Oh good, Its just a trashbag blowing in the wind." He pulled his duster back around him and settled back down. He looked around. "Oh waitress!" He called

Carissa walked swiftly as to provide good, quick customer service. As she was on her way, she began to think more and more about how out of place this sudden downpour was. Another customer moved his coat to reveal a holster for a gun, but just before she could say something, he relaxed.

The girl let out a soft sigh of relief, and went to turn around before the same man gestured her over. She quickly answered by heading over to his table, once again pulling out her notepad. "Is there something I can help you with or her for you, sir?" She smiled.

" Yes, can I get some hot chocolate with some whipped cream and some peppermint sprinkled on top" He started to rub his belly. "Oh man thatll hit the spot."

Sarah smiled at the waitress that was serving the boy. She always had a thing for costumer service. She looked out into the rain, and smiled wider.The storm would let her fears go. She could not hold her urge to get coffee any longer. "Excuse me, miss. I would like a coffee with almond milk and sugar. Lots and lots of sugar!" Today was an exciting day, for she had seen in her dreams that she would meet the boy that would make her life grand. And grand was all she was waiting for. It would start with this storm.

Leone continued to sit and read the book. He shifted his good leg slightly, accidentally knocking over his crutch. It fell to the floor with a loud clatter and drew a sigh of annoyance from the young man as he saw that it was out of reach. Damn it.... He was not going to crawl over and get it in a public space. He had way to much dignity for that. He decided to wait until the waitress returned to ask if she could hand him the stupid device. However, it was either the crutch or the wheelchair, and he absolutely hated the wheelchair.

He returned to reading his book after a quick glance at the occupants of the room, hoping they weren't too startled by the damned crutch. His pretty good mood had turned slightly sour after that incident. He wore a frown on his face as he read.

Last edited:
"Absolutely!" She shouted back to the girl who ordered from across room, quickly jotting it down, along with what the man in front of her ordered. "Alright" she smiled again "I'll be right back if anyone needs anything el-"

She was interrupted by a sharp sound breaking the silence. It was the man's crutch, it had fallen over and was clearly out of the man's reach. She immediately set her notepad and pen down on the table, though the pen fell off shortly after, and quickly walked over to him, "let me get that for you, sir" she offered kindly as she knelt down by him and grabbed it, picking it up as she arose and placed it in a more reliable spot and position that was still within his reach.

Leone blinked when the waitress stopped in the middle of getting everyone's drinks to pick up his crutch. "Thank you." He replied, a bit embarrassed by the attention. "My name's Leone, by the way." He introduced himself. He closed the book and put it down on the table in front of him just as thunder rumbled outside.

The crutch falling disturbed Sarah's thoughts and she looked at the man where the noise was coming from. She had a thing for people who read books , mostly the books rather than the people. The books told her what kind of person they were. She came up to the man and looked at his cane. " is it sturdy? " She asked, wondering where her coffee was. " I rarely walk around. Oh by the way, what ya reading? " She couldn't tell that he did not want to be bothered but she saw the sour look on his face and wanted to make him smile once more.

((@diestarlyt, looks like I ninja'd you... Sorry ^_^' And it's a forearm crutch, not a cane. Looks like this:
37F5403F-45BE-446B-81F5-5BE51D91C7F5_zpshjcd8r3m.jpg
))

"You're very welcome" She replied kindly. "Leone, it's nice to meet you, Leone, my name is Carissa." She bowed, "if you'll excuse me for just a moment, I'll go prepare and bring everyone's drinks. Let me know there's anything else I can do!"

Less than a moment later she went off to prepare everyone's orders and of course, his towel. She rushed behind the counter and started a few machines to start preparing fresh hot chocolate and coffee. As for the towel and whipped cream, she went into the back room of the store, shortly returning after some rustling, mixing and blending sounds were heard. The machines finished brewing as she returned with a towel, and a bowl and whisk covered in what looked like hand mixed whipped cream. She quickly prepared the cups, put them on their proper tables, delivering Leone's drink and towel last.

((I asked those questions after you picked up the crutch. ^.^))