What's the worst movie ever made?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you people not find the romance arc of the Star Wars prequel trilogy to be the best ever?! I thought the part where Annakin told Padme through tears and suffering that he slaughtered an entire tribe of middle eastern sand people, explicitly including women, children, and the elderly, was the single most profound moment in all of Star Wars!

It was the moment everyone in the theater with half a brain realized George Lucas' idealistic version of a romantic relationship is what a sociopath would consider normal!

How can you people not find the romance arc of the Star Wars prequel trilogy to be the best ever?! I thought the part where Annakin told Padme through tears and suffering that he slaughtered an entire tribe of middle eastern sand people, explicitly including women, children, and the elderly, was the single most profound moment in all of Star Wars!

It was the moment everyone in the theater with half a brain realized George Lucas' idealistic version of a romantic relationship is what a sociopath would consider normal!
And it was in that moment that any rational thinking female watching questioned just how good the force worked in the bedroom, because that was the only logical reason Padme would have been with the guy to begin with. He had the personality of a slug, only slightly less appealing. Seriously, Jar Jar and Padme made more sense than Anikan and Padme....and that's saying something considering what a walking clusterfuck that guy was.

Reactions: Ochalla

I second this. SW Episode II was the best romantic comedy ever!

• Love
Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Watch out, that much sarcasm might make you sick!

Watch out, that much sarcasm might make you sick!
Not as sick as Samuel Jackson was after reading the script I'm sure.

And might I add Anakin had a huge fucking growth spurt in a very short amount of time.....
Considering there was a 10 year gap between episode 1 and 2 it seems normal.
The romance itself? Awful, but Anakin didn't suddenly gain 2 feet overnight or anything.

I know. =P I only watched the newer movies because my husband insisted that we watch them. I honestly could have passed if it was my decision. I'm not really into Sci-fi. I prefer my comedies.

I have to agree with the romance part. To me, it felt forced simply because they had to be together for the later stories. It was unrealistic. In the first movie Anakin was like 7....(At least that's how old he looked to me. My son is 11 and he's like double the size of the actor.) and she looked like she was in her early twenties. the next movie he's aged by 10 years at least, and she still looks the same. In my mind there was always a ten year age difference between them that made the whole thing feel creepy. I didn't read the books, so I have no idea how old they actually were, but based on appearances, it was awkward.
Super forced. Anakin was a creepy stalker giving off "I'm a future axe murderer!" vibes like crazy, and his romantic overtures were painfully bad. No real woman, especially not one who should be at least decent at reading people due to having been a successful ruler for many years, would have gone for that fucking nutcase. Their scenes together were painfully bad.

MV5BNzc4NzE5OTIwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjk2MTEyMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

MV5BMTM1NjE0NDA0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODE4NDg1Mw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

820.jpg

file_94588_0_twilightsagamarathon.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
How could I forget the abomination of literature and cinema! It's a double loser, and a stain on society. Teenage girls are impressionable enough without a female protagonist who lets a man treat her like crap and still chases after him like a mindless idiot. I only know that much about the series from watching Vampires Suck....

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
How could I forget the abomination of literature and cinema! It's a double loser, and a stain on society. Teenage girls are impressionable enough without a female protagonist who lets a man treat her like crap and still chases after him like a mindless idiot. I only know that much about the series from watching Vampires Suck....
It's funny I learned everything NOT to do if I ever want to be in a relationship after reading that book. I, unfortunately, read all the books (Which was one of, if not the worst choice of my life.) and the movies with friends from my high school. And after every single movie or book, they'd gush and go all googly eyed and I'd have this bored annoyed look on my face. Then I'd make it a point to say "Fuck this series" after every book or movie.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
It's funny I learned everything NOT to do if I ever want to be in a relationship after reading that book. I, unfortunately, read all the books (Which was one of, if not the worst choice of my life.) and the movies with friends from my high school. And after every single movie or book, they'd gush and go all googly eyed and I'd have this bored annoyed look on my face. Then I'd make it a point to say "Fuck this series" after every book or movie.
That's exactly how I feel about Fifty Shades of Grey....

• Love
Reactions: Lawkheart
Fifty Shades of Grey....
We'll be adding that to the list very soon... My friend read the book to me. I could not pick it up and she wanted me to read it so badly that she READ it to me -_-

In Twilight the relationship is mutually abusive, they treat her like shit and she treats them as shit while leading both if them on.

And let's not forget that it features pedophilia as well, both with Edward towards Bella and with Jacob towards Bella's baby.

In Twilight the relationship is mutually abusive, they treat her like shit and she treats them as shit while leading both if them on.

And let's not forget that it features pedophilia as well, both with Edward towards Bella and with Jacob towards Bella's baby.
Oh yeah. Wasn't her daughter supposed to be like Jacob's mate or some crap....I don't know. I never even picked up the books. lol

While I won't argue that, yes Edward is a pedophile, I will argue he's a vampire so yeah, he's gonna be old.

With Bell's kid and Jacob, in the books Meyer mentions another wolf who has imprinted on a child as well. And Jacob goes to speak with him and he explains that imprinting isn't like desire or even love. It's when said wolf finds the person they would be bast compatible with for their whole life. It's like finding your soul mate, but all they care about is keeping said person safe and happy. In fact it is a law among EVERY member of the clan, human or wolf, that no harm is to ever be given to the imprinted person. That's why the wolves don't attack the vampires and kill the kid. Because it would be like killing the wolf himself.

Now I think the author should have spent more time explaining this then the love triangle because that was the only interesting thing about the whole series, the wolves themselves. Because they aren't werewolves, they are shifters. They take on the spirit of their ancestors, which just so happens to be a wolf.

The books weren't good and the characters were even worse, but there are VERY FEW things that were interesting to me.

EDIT: I'll also mention that the wolves have no control over who they imprint on and they don't feel love straight away, that develops over time. But they do feel extremely territorial over said person.

While I won't argue that, yes Edward is a pedophile, I will argue he's a vampire so yeah, he's gonna be old.

With Bell's kid and Jacob, in the books Meyer mentions another wolf who has imprinted on a child as well. And Jacob goes to speak with him and he explains that imprinting isn't like desire or even love. It's when said wolf finds the person they would be bast compatible with for their whole life. It's like finding your soul mate, but all they care about is keeping said person safe and happy. In fact it is a law among EVERY member of the clan, human or wolf, that no harm is to ever be given to the imprinted person. That's why the wolves don't attack the vampires and kill the kid. Because it would be like killing the wolf himself.

Now I think the author should have spent more time explaining this then the love triangle because that was the only interesting thing about the whole series, the wolves themselves. Because they aren't werewolves, they are shifters. They take on the spirit of their ancestors, which just so happens to be a wolf.

The books weren't good and the characters were even worse, but there are VERY FEW things that were interesting to me.

EDIT: I'll also mention that the wolves have no control over who they imprint on and they don't feel love straight away, that develops over time. But they do feel extremely territorial over said person.
Now that I think about, that idea would have been a better story then the whole love triangle and even Bella's pregnancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.