What Gets You Mad in RPs

I'm fine with it, albeit it being troublesome. It requires a large amount of proper control from the GM, but I feel it would be fine in an RP as well because it's still a plot element, something that's quite possible in any story, and I feel it's not something that should be avoided just because it's dangerously risky.

You just need the right person to use such power.

OH, I got another! The ones that look fine! Like absolute NORMAL PLAYERS. AND THEN THEY FUCKING POST DURING A FIGHT SCENE and it'll look like this.

Dumbnuts1(You/me/anyone): ____ attacks ___ with his/her spear and deftly tries to keep on their toes in case of a counter attack. He/she swings downwards, aiming for ___'s head.

Dumbnuts2: "FUCK YOU!" MAH CHAR DODGES ALL OF YOUR ATTACKS AND KILLS YOU.

.....RAGE.

Reactions: 1 person
ONE LINER ROLE PLAYS! Some stories that have a good thread name, end up being like 3 lines long, or one line long. It's like...

"Wtf are you doing? Where is the plot? Where is the setting? How many people are supposed to be in this? Who's the bad, who's the main, who's the good? Is it fantasy, is it modern? The hell... how can you WRITE 3 lines, and and expect anyone to join?"

"The year was 2012, everything is dark and gloomy. You're sitting up high on a cliff, watching the town as you reminisce about your past life."

That PISSES me off, so bad.

SPAMMERS. When it's two people who keep posting over and over after one another, and before the day is over, they have like 100 posts in the thread, and they still keep at it, not letting anyone catch up, even when people tell then to SLOW THE HELL DOWN.

I remember one RP I was in on another forum, very very good plot and base story to it. The guy must of had a lot of time thinking about it, after like a day in, two people had already spammed the whole thread, mainly with stupid ass shit that didn't make sense to the THREAD PLOT anymore. (Or getting off topic. >_>)

Now, I can see if most of the people have left the thread, and two people want it to keep going, and they know how to make a good story out of it, and adding new characters and stuff to make it sound good, without having the same two characters mentioned all the time. I've done it, and the person I was with, we managed to make the thread 14-15 pages long, without getting off topic, and staying to the plot. (and we didn't post after each other like every minute or so, we still made it a good few hours wait to a day, letting people read the thread and see if they wanted to join. >>)

Anyway, SPAMMING threads is not cool people... T_T Another I can see, is if the thread is in a part that only cause for two characters for awhile, that is understandable.

Also, GODMODING is fucking annoying. >_< Not going into s rant with this XD, I think someone has already pointed out anyway, but I hate when someone's character may be on the edge of dieing and they make them go all SUPERMAN and kill the other's character. And they're all fine, and they make their character all badass and shit. Any godmoding in an RP, unless the RP calls for it, annoys the living fuck out of me, makes me want the shoot the person. >_>

Anyway, done with my ranting for the day... o_o >> <<

I hate people who can't RP fight fairly. And are stubborn about it.

OH, I got another! The ones that look fine! Like absolute NORMAL PLAYERS. AND THEN THEY FUCKING POST DURING A FIGHT SCENE and it'll look like this.

Dumbnuts1(You/me/anyone): ____ attacks ___ with his/her spear and deftly tries to keep on their toes in case of a counter attack. He/she swings downwards, aiming for ___'s head.

Dumbnuts2: "FUCK YOU!" MAH CHAR DODGES ALL OF YOUR ATTACKS AND KILLS YOU.

.....RAGE.

Pretty much like THAT. . . except that if you call them on it they don't change their post. Or if you put up with it partially, & ignore the fact that they tried to kill you since it just can't quite work that way. But then they just keep doing it anyway and then act like they're getting annoyed AT YOU for living so long when you're still fighting fair. The guys that attach their own RL pride to a fictional battle & so refuse to lose because it means their inflatable girlfriend will think them less of a man.

I mean I can handle losing if the other person at least took a couple damn hits during the fight. Or if it was a complete mismatch from the beginning. But just continually dodging attacks while acting like their own were all PERFECT just. . . REALLY. . . REALLY GETS TO ME.

Re: Gotham City
« Reply #9 on Yesterday at 10:25pm »
MC gets out his Lightsaber out and activates it. He then uses Force Push and pushes the perpatrader back and threw a hanger and a jumbo jet with great force. He then uses Force Pull to pull the Soul Edge and away and grabs it. He then uses his lightsaber to cut the sword into chunks of multun metal. He then gets into a AH-64 Apache and flies away to the other side of the city.

Re: Gotham City
« Reply #10 on Yesterday at 10:28pm »
scott runs to a black hawk in a hanger with air to groung locked on missles and flies of and fires the missles at the thing "haha"

That's the kind of stuff I've witnessed on a forum before. . . it's just better if you don't ask. -__-;;

*lols at the "haha"*

That guy has to be some kind of RP-faggot to post something that random.

Stuff like that, makes me angry. >_>

SPAMMERS. When it's two people who keep posting over and over after one another, and before the day is over, they have like 100 posts in the thread, and they still keep at it, not letting anyone catch up, even when people tell then to SLOW THE HELL DOWN.

That annoys me too. XD Granted, I am guilty of running away with people in speed-posting, but it usually after we've waited a week for everyone else to post and no one is posting. c___c

But it is SO frustrating when I've only been gone for a day and I get back to find out I've been left behind or my character hijacked, cause people couldn't wait for me to wake up! I gotta sleep sometimes! D:

OOOOH! I GOT ANOTHER!

When they won't let you win. At all.

You can't even hurt them. Not even a scratch.

OOOOH! I GOT ANOTHER!

When they won't let you win. At all.

You can't even hurt them. Not even a scratch.

you do kinda have to take character abilities into account a bit there.
EX: you can't hit an incorporeal creature in D&D with a non magical weapon..period.

EX2: You cannot take a 9mm autopistol to a Land Raider Crusader and expect to win.

Yes, but they'll just make their character flip and fly anad float and glide and DANCE AROUND YOU THE WHOLE DAMN TIME. And the two are both PHYSICAL creatures.
I hate that, too. >_>

Much of this has already been covered, but...

People who will make characters that cannot possibly get on friendly terms with anyone. Not NPCS, not heroic players, not the villains.

Oh, the people who just walk around pointlessly, not even going with the story, just going, "I hate you, and that makes me AWESOME!"?

OH OH OH OH OH! I GOT A GOOD ONE! D:< I HATE WHEN PEOPLE HAVE KATANAS!

...okay it's kinda lame. But it's like "why do you have a katana? where is a katana going to come in to play in this story?! O__O"

People who post once in the IC and never again -_-

YES! I hate that! Totally agree. Makes me want to shoot the person more! D<