What does your user name mean?

Does your user name have meaning behind it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the day, Iwaku simply knew me as Umbreon (my favorites of the Eevee-lutions). Then I was "captured" by a friend, who jokingly named me Fluffy. To go along with it, I changed my name to that and...it stuck. I saw no reason to change it back because I felt it suited me. I'm an adorable floofy-poof. :3

"Kaga" originally came from "Kagamine", which was a Vocaloid reference. A lot of people called me "Kaga" for short, and a lot of those people were RPers that I also interacted with a lot IRL, so the name "Kaga" bled into real life and became an IRL nickname for me. I actually grew really attached to the name, though, as I like it more than my real first name. The Vocaloid thing didn't have much significance after a while, though, and "Kaga" was starting to feel more and more like its own thing over time, so I dropped the "mine" part and just stuck with Kaga -- which has been the basis for nearly all of my online names ever since.

The "-kun" part just came from the fact that I had a friend who used to call me "Kaga-kun" a lot around the time when I made this account, and I thought it had a nice ring to it so I kept it. Lately it's been starting to feel more and more out-of-place, though, so I've been looking to change my username to something else -- something that still has "Kaga" in it, obviously, but with a different suffix or prefix or something. XD Unfortunately, I don't have any good ideas for a replacement, and my search for suggestions has come with mixed results.

Honestly my username is just a mashup of "robotics" and "beat", as in musical beat. I came up with it for a shitty middle school story, and it somehow stuck.

• Love
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
Well, it's a long story. I started out as a name I will not mention because google is not kind to that name (I was thirteen and the shame is real). I moved from there to ElataDiscordia (happy chaos or some shit), and then to BiocyberasKeeper as reference to one of my favorite characters of mine.

Next came FaceMeetsPalm, who made a reputation for himself (I was presenting male at the time) as a lazy slut. I got sick of that persona after a while, and endeavored to make a new one, complete with a new name.

That's where this comes in, but it started out as "The Mood is Right" and it had been used as a hub character on f-list for whatever I was in the mood for: mostly one-shots. I deleted the plots and repurposed it as a general writing persona: genderfluid so people could use whatever pronouns they wanted. It evolved to represent my current persona: a chunky and curvy elf with viscous ink-covered hair and a love of purple.

It became "The Mood is Write" when a friend realized the possible pun and remembered my love of wordplay, and told me he would disown me if I didn't take advantage. I did eagerly, and I've been happy with my online self and name ever since.

Years ago my friend was reading a Supernatural fanfic in which Castiel was a beauty-and-the-beast-type recluse living in the bayous of Louisiana. Her trying to describe it to me led to a lot of funny inside jokes and references, one of which was saying 'in da/the bayou' to the ends of phrases. Around that same time I made an account on another site and with the inside meme fresh in my head, Indabayou was born.

Mine actually comes from the game Red Dead Revolver. Just minus the dead because the first time I used this username I got censored for having "dead" on it. So yeah.

• Love
When I got my PS3, I needed to set up an PSN account, but the Handle I'd been using for most things before then, One Must Wonder, was too long (and since I'd been using it since I was fourteen, at twenty-one I'd felt it was time for a change anyway). A friend of mine suggested something to do with dragons, since I'd always liked them, and something spacey because it would be cool to mix the two. "Cosmic Dragon" had been taken though, so I picked Cosmic Leviathan instead and I liked it so much it slowly bled into my online accounts.

Over my adult years, I have become much more nihilistic in terms of my general overall outlook on life. When I watched the movie 'Snatch', where people are reminded not to piss off a pig farmer, I got to thinking more. We eat pigs for food, so shouldn't they not be able to eat us? I used to be naive in my bias when it came to human beings being more valuable than other animals, but not so much anymore. People aren't as special as they crack themselves up to be; reminding myself that I could be food for pigs brings the focus back to one of humility.

Mine is from several years ago when I really enjoyed a song that said something like "beautiful, like the summer rain..." I just looked it up to find it, and remembered why I loved it so much! I also adore rain during the summer time, especially at night. The scent, sound... it is so smoothing.

Beautiful by Trading Yesterday:

• Love
Pray4me came from me saying "Omg pray for me I'm going to fail Spanish" in 9th grade and it stuck ever since. C=

I first used it on Maplestory (haha) where I made so many lasting friendships and got decently popular over the years playing. After that, I used it on a few other sites, but then switched to other usernames.

When I came to Iwaku and started making my account, I chose to use it again because I had such fond memories of the username and hoped maybe it would bring me good luck in finding rp partners and friends on the site.~

Got it from:
Opening to Pyscho Pass, good anime by the way.

A more defined term: To make abnormal and abnormal is the unusual, uncommon, unexpected, not normal yeah yeah.

What it means to me: I picked it because it meant, probably, something to the artist and its different, unusual, and I like that. Something not normal.

No special meaning. It was the name I chose for what ended up being my main World of Warcraft character and I liked it so I started using it for other things. Didn't find out until later on that it was an actual name in modern use, mainly by Scandinavian people, and that that version was pronounced as "Yorick." I go with the hard J sound since that's what I thought of when I first used the name, but I've gotten used to answering to the other pronunciation on voice chat things as well.

• Love
I love all these some informative, some are funny stories, and some pretty Awesome. How ever all your names are to Legit to quit
also I love Psych and Red Dead Revolver
*abscounds with @Aenimus @Red Revolver and takes to my staff mansion.* My precious

sorry lost it their for a minute

Damn do I have a history with mine O_O

Before I came here 2 years ago, I used a site called Quizilla which pretty much introduced me to the internet in general. I was 13 at the time (this was back in in 2008) and so I had to come up with a username obviously. SacredWarrior instantly came to mind for me and pretty much became my default username for whenever I register on any other site (although there are times where I have to change it or add something to it) -_-

The Sacred part is a reference to Kagome's Sacred Arrow from InuYasha which I was just now getting into at the time thanks to Adult Swim.

tumblr_inline_nmghyfV2TD1sln06q_500.gif

As for the Warrior part, it just sounded cool to me and I always thought of myself as one back then so I decided to add it ^_^

And thus SacredWarrior was born!

You see, one time while I was playing GoW, I was called AngelD00M because I sucked at names back then. One day I was foolish and broke and only used an 8hr shield when I went to bed. When I woke up, my shield was down and I had been attacked 14 times. My city was reduced to ashes, and so the name AshenAngel was born after a very long and pun filled time on KC.

Someone jokingly called me a killjoy a little while before I joined this site, so I decided to use it as my name before realizing that, hey, maybe naming myself Killjoy might deter people from thinking I'm a Cool and Fun Roleplayer

(not that I claim to be particularly Cool or Fun, but you get what I'm saying right)

When I was in middle school, I adopted a jokingly barbarous personality when hanging out with friends. One day I was hanging out with them and we had some food in the microwave ready. One of my friends asked me to get it, jokingly calling me 'Jeeves'. My other friend corrected him saying, "He's not a Jeeves, he more of a... Grothnor."

And thus Grothnor was born.

The whole Ork persona comes from my love of Warhammer 40k. Even though the Space Orks aren't necessarily my favorite faction, they are likely one of the most upbeat factions in the 40k universe because they all do exactly what they love: fighting.

Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fighting so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!

Sometimes quieter than a whisper. Sometimes deafening. At all times melodious.

A spiritual friend gave it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.