What does your user name mean?

Does your user name have meaning behind it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Psycho

I Am Death
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. Multiple posts per week
  5. 1-3 posts per week
  6. One post per week
  7. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Varies no exact time to be exact
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy,Historical, Romance, Modern, Modern-Fantasy, Libertine, Adventure , Disney and Sci-Fi
What is the secret behind you user name? what Significance does it hold to you? Why did you pick it if it has no true meaning behind it?

'Sen' means 'thousand' in Japanese. I'm a small (but kawaii as fuck) kid, but it does make me feel big ; v ;.

Also, it just sounds reaaaally nice.

• Love
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
I am a Disney fan but I also like the darker aspect of Disney thus Dark Disney was born with creepy avatars

• Love
Reactions: SacredWarrior
I needed a name for another account and my mind was blank. My wakom bamboo was sitting innocently on my desk so I wrote Bamboo. That was taken so I added Green in front to make.. Green Bamboo.

Eventually the Bamboo was dropped and everyone started calling my Greenie. I honestly love it :D I like the colour green. And hey, if nothing else, it's healthy dog treats. ;)

Rain of the Night comes from the name of one of my LARP characters named Rayn Night. He was an assassin that sought out power through demonic pacts and paid the price for it... However, the legends always spoke of Rain of the Night, an assassin that struck at night, under the cover of rain.

Mine is my lesser used nickname. Its an interesting slur of my real name.

No, I didn't get lost spelling Shurima. xP

• Love
I just liked the sound of FieryCold. There's no special meaning behind it, really. But if I had to make one up, I guess it would have something to do with how I'm one thing but at the same time, another.

• Love
When I first imagined my username RedWillow .. it actually started out with BlueWillow, but then at the time I had bright red hair, so I decided to change to Red. I also like that it makes me think of the character Red in Orange is the New Black.
As for Willow .. I wasn't thinking of the trees, but of Willow in Buffy the Vampire Slayer =V I loooove that show and I love Willow so much, she is the best female protagonist to turn into an antagonist and her character arc was so progressive [continues on for hours]...

I used to go by Tanaka, which was a home-brewed beer at a bar I used to go to in my previous location. As for UniB / UniBrr , it comes from Unibroue (another beer brand here in Quebec) but people kept saying "unibrow" so I shortened it. I got so used to hearing people calling me "UniB" that now when I hear "Willow" it still feels a little foreign. But hopefully I'll get used to it ^_^

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Well if it wasn't already obvious, the first half of my username comes from my love of Vocaloids, particularly Hatsune Miku. The second half is a little more complicated, but not by much. I used to go by the username Mrcandyman2000, nothing special about it, just something that I came up with on a whim. After a while people ended up calling me Candy as a result, and I eventually shortened my username to fit with that. I tacked on Hatsune because it was around that same time I was getting into Vocaloids.

The only problem is that people have started calling me Hatsune now instead and I'm constantly having to tell them that I prefer the name Candy. It's a little annoying, but I'm too attached to this username to change it now.

An allusion to the old saying of "The pen is mightier than the sword". A metaphor for my two struggling "personalities", the nosy douchebag and the child longing for attention. Plus the intrusive side usually gets the best of me.

It is also a symbol for my indecisiveness between the two ways of getting your will; violence and persuasion, hence the pen and sword.

• Love
'Hana' simply means flower. I guess I just picked it because it's very simple, lol. It used to be a longer name, 'Hanako' before I shortened it. And I've been Hana ever since.

My username is an homage to my first World of Warcraft character who I played for several years on & off. At the time I was very shy, and I played in remote areas with only quest givers and such to keep me company. I have since moved on and grown up, being very comfortable around people etc, but I like to remember where I've come from and all the details that I created for her personality while I was killing the 1,000th centaur in 1k Needles.

• Love
"There are two types of people in the world. There are octopi and there are turtles. Which are you?"

My usual name "The Silver Paladin" is from my old username of "DivineSilverDingo", which became "SilverDingo"

I didn't think people on a forum would like "SilverDingo", so i changed it to The Silver Paladin, since Paladins are my favorite class in fantasy settings. Also a calback to the Divine that I was forced to drop from the name for some weird reason.

I changed it to Minerva, because that's the Roman goddess in my profile picture, and it fit pretty well.

Opal is my birth stone. Also my favourite fusion from Steven Universe.

Okay obviously my name came from "Yatagarasu", which is this three-legged mythological crow in Eastern Asian folklore...supposedly representing the sun and "evidence of the will of Heaven or divine intervention in human affairs"

But I actually named it after Yata Misaki which is a character in this anime K Project :3

Status
Not open for further replies.