Welcome To "Safe Haven"

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if the members of different groups, say the White Eagles, are heading to the refugee camp to interact with the Pack members, the character can just leave the thread with the hospital setting and go to the refugee camp setting and pick up from there. As for the town setting, that would have its own thread so all of the characters who go out there can interact freely

It's not perfect, but its practical, and definitely helps with the problem of cluttering. That way it will be easier to follow your own characters' interactions without having to search through pages of dialogue. Add a simple tag to whoever is part of your convo and you have an ordered, easy-to-manage system
Well, I don't have any particular complaint about that, then. Maybe add in a soft limit on the number of posts each person can make in each thread per day, but I think that could work.

Reactions: Kinton Nyr
I've thought about it, but the posting order still seems as if it would move to slowly with the amount of characters. I'm not too sure, but I've had a few rps die on me because of loss of interest due to the slowness of posting order and we had far fewer characters and roleplayers

It's just a suggestion, but why don't we have different threads - one for the hospital setting, one for the refugee camp setting, one for the church setting and one for the town setting?

I know there are some cons, such as time and so on, but the pros are that it would be easier to manage the interactions between the characters in the White Eagles and the Pack and the Doves without mountains of text blocking everything. This way, posting order isn't necessary because the chances of people being left behind by texts whenever they go offline is practically divided by three
The Groups on Iwaku would be perfect for that. Y'know, if they hadn't shut down the creation of new ones.

We could probably pull it off with normal threads, though, and at the very least it'd be a bit cluttered. Plus, players would only be focusing on their factions and areas, so when travelling to other areas we would have little idea what's been going on with them unless we go and read the other threads, making for more... human interactions. Almost totally blocks chances of metagaming.

There can be four threads: One for the Camp, the Pack base, one for the Church, the Doves base, one for the Hospital, the White Eagle's base, and one for the town.
I'd ask a staffer about it, though. They might not like having four threads in a section for one RP.

On another note, I might not be able to post until about 3:00-4:00-ish PM EST. School and all.

Reactions: Kinton Nyr
To be honest, if we go with the posting order I'll likely withdraw from the RP. I don't fancy waiting a week to post a time. I don't think we need an order as long as everyone tags people and respects their fellow players.

To be honest, if we go with the posting order I'll likely withdraw from the RP. I don't fancy waiting a week to post a time. I don't think we need an order as long as everyone tags people and respects their fellow players.
I agree

The four thread thijg might he too much, that would get annoying for me. I like posting for both chars in one thread instead multiple for one rp. Group maybe, but four diff threads for one rp that just too much. The posting order gqot messed up anyway, but if people.rp too fast, since I do have a busy life, I might as well drop out, if it gets too fast.

So erm.. I went to sleep for a few hours and now I'm completely lost o.o

EDIT:

Nevermind.. I read it. All 30+ posts.. Might I add some inquiries? You know the pms have a conversation like system that allows you to add multiple people to them yes? Why not do that. We can have convos for each faction to keep their plans private until brought to light in the thread and people who want to have their simple conversation with plus ones can do that without waiting a month. For example, everyone is chatting away in the thread but a few people storm off back to base. Those people shouldn't have to wait forever just to talk to eachother, so exclude them from the order (Or figure out a better way to keep moving) as they talk in their base until the come to talk to others. It was just an idea tat could use some fine tuning. There are ways to keep both the posting order and not have to wait for that simple insignificant conversation. We just have to think about it with more broader horizons rather than just its either this or this.

Last edited by a moderator:
As in for smaller conversations that don't hold much existence in the main threads so characters can bond more and not be interfered with?

By the way guys, tomorrow I'm going away to a camping trip and I won't be back til some time in Monday, which means I'm missing the weekend. Unfortunately I won't be able to reply

The thread idea is a good idea, but I think it'd be a little too much. But I do like the conversation idea, so I'll think about it. But if I change it again, it's going to be final, since we've been trying to figure out how to to roleplay instead of actually, well roleplaying.

The thread idea is a good idea, but I think it'd be a little too much. But I do like the conversation idea, so I'll think about it. But if I change it again, it's going to be final, since we've been trying to figure out how to to roleplay instead of actually, well roleplaying.
That's my issue. With the posting order it'd be a week of twiddling your thumbs and then posting. I don't fancy getting halfway through a conversation in a month. :/

I can understand your concern there with the slow pacing, and I don't know about everyone else who supports the post order, but I am not a person who can make up replies in thirty minutes. I am going to be going to school in a few weeks, so most of my day will be spent in class. I don't have the patience to spend my weekends and free time searching through interactions between a few people who happened to be online at the same time. Even if relevant people are tagged in the post, the notification can easily be missed or buried.

I just made the chats-- Okay, so, two posts per person a day so no one gets left behind, because so it's a nice balance between people who want a quick RP, and for people who don't have the time to read through a bunch of messages that they missed out on. If all else fails, we go back to posting orders, but as of now I'm not changing it again.

I just made the chats-- Okay, so, two posts per person a day so no one gets left behind, because so it's a nice balance between people who want a quick RP, and for people who don't have the time to read through a bunch of messages that they missed out on. If all else fails, we go back to posting orders, but as of now I'm not changing it again.
That's a really damn good idea, actually, if people can stick to the post limit. c: Thanks. Are we going to leave this thread as the OOC?

That's a really damn good idea, actually, if people can stick to the post limit. c: Thanks. Are we going to leave this thread as the OOC?
Thank innocent devil for it. cx Yep, this is for OOC, and I'll leave the other thread up so people can catch up on whatever they missed. We'll just pick up what we left off on the other thread.

Alright I am making my CS as we speak.

@Mysty , geographically, where is Safe Haven? It will have an effect on my characters history.

Alright I am making my CS as we speak.

@Mysty , geographically, where is Safe Haven? It will have an effect on my characters history.
It's in Montana, East side of the rockies.

Status
Not open for further replies.