|| Welcome Home.....Oh Shit! ||

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aryn looked over at Middleton when he started talking. She was surprised he was talking to her at all but then she actually processed what words he was saying. Yeah, it was something she hated. What made her worse was that she hated she could do absolutely nothing to change it. Aryn hated being powerless and not having an option or a choice in the matter. Aryn didn't want to marry anyone, that ship had sailed. She was never going to be the woman in a white dress with a veil or a ring on her finger, it just wasn't going to happen. At least that's what Aryn had always thought. Now it seemed she was going to have to marry Middleton. The man who, while attractive, wasn't exactly someone Aryn got along with. Not only that but now she would be living with him and there was a damn prophecy shew as supposed to have to deal with. It was just too much for her to take in. Then he started talking about Nathan and her eyes narrowed. "The only memories I took from him were of magic and me. The proper punishment for him would've been for him to be killed after what he's done." Aryn's voice was steady and the anguish and anger were evident. "His memories are no where near as precious as what he took from me." She turned back away from Middleton then. She wasn't going to let him see her pain at that point. "Anyway, didn't you promise him dead as one of my wedding gifts?" She muttered. She wasn't about to tell Middleton what Nathan had done, she wasn't going to break down crying right now. Not in front of him and when they had so many other things to handle and when she didn't trust Middleton. Granted, because of the marriage contract she knew he wouldn't physically hurt her—at least not too much—but that didn't mean he couldn't hurt her emotionally and she wasn't going to deal with that at this point. Hearing his next comment she took a deep breath. "Thank you, Hadrian. I'm fine though." Aryn told him.

Hearing his comment about smiling she turned to look at him with an eyebrow raised. That was a compliment, regardless of him seeming to choke on the words. Shaking her head she stepped inside the lift. "I'll try." She said with a small smile. Jason gave Middleton a shrug. "If anything today is easy I'd be amazed. Nothing today has been easy, everything has been rough." Jason sighed. He looked over at Rose and Aryn though and was glad the two of them seemed to be getting along well. Aryn was surprised hearing what Middleton had done and she turned to look at the man. "At least I know you meant it about my wedding gift." She said with a grin. "I'm glad you're alright though Rose." Aryn said. "Hopefully I can get your permission to hurt him if he deserves it. Especially if I'm supposed to be his wife eventually, I'm sure there are going to be times I'll want to punch him." Aryn smiled. Jason laughed lightly. "I'm pretty sure you shouldn't participate in domestic abuse Aryn." Aryn shrugged. "It's not like I'd actually punch him, I'd probably just yell at him. I've been good, I haven't hit him once since this all started." Aryn commented. As the lift started moving she made her way to the back and stood on her toes to grab one of the ropes, annoyed at her height. Jason, looking over at her, started laughing seeing her on her toes and stopped when he received a glare.

When the lift stopped and another man came in Jason watched as Rose seemed to recognize him. Moving back a step so the man would have room in the lift he saw the blush that flooded to his cheeks when he recognized Middleton. Aryn raised an eyebrow but stayed silent. Middleton had already dealt with one of her ex's and a man who wished he was, plus his past relationships weren't any of her business. If she had any say in the matter then his future relationships wouldn't be any of her business either. That—unfortunately—wasn't going to be the case. They hadn't even had that conversation yet though so she stayed silent as she watched their interaction, right up until her name was mentioned. "Hey now, I may be trouble but only when provoked and never bad enough to end up in the Ministry. Not since I was fourteen anyway." Aryn piped up. Jason looked at Aryn in amusement and opened his mouth as the lift opened again. Hearing Middleton's words both Jason and Aryn turned to look at him as another man entered the lift. Aryn was a bit surprised watching him move back in the lift and Jason pushed her lightly. "He's supposed to end up your husband, you should show him some support." He muttered. "He did help you out with carrying you and Nathan." Jason was whispering but it was obvious that Romulus heard as his head whipped around to eye Aryn at the mention of being Middleton's wife. Aryn glared at Jason but sighed. He was right. Middleton had helped her out, even if both times it was without her asking. Slowly making her way over to Middleton she looked over at Rose with a questioning look. Aryn wasn't good at this whole relationship thing. If Middleton had been Jason then she'd just stand there and put her arm around him and pretend to be a couple, everything would be good and fine. Middleton though? How was she supposed to react to that?

"You two are getting married?/" Romulus asked in a somewhat loud voice. Aryn jumped slightly, it had been fairly quiet in the lift but she sighed and took Middleton's hand. "Yup." She said simply. Romulus looked at their hands and then turned his attention to Jason who was standing beside Rose. "I always thought you were with Townsend." "Why does everyone think that? Jesus, can a girl not have a guy best friend?" Aryn's voice was annoyed and she shifted the weight from one foot to the other so her body was leaning into Middleton's. She didn't recognize either man but it was fairly obvious that they had history. "He's the only man you let touch you. Aren't you a bit jealous at his reaction to seeing his ex?" Romulus asked with a curious tone. Aryn sighed. "Contrary to popular belief, Jason's not the only guy who's been able to give me a hug or put a hand on my arm. People just tend to over exaggerate my fighting and ignore when I'm actually a good person. It's a bit frustrating but that's fine if it keeps peoples hands off." Aryn muttered. Jason was laughing beside Rose at this point. Aryn shot him a glare. "You know, all we need now is for Amber to show up and each of us will have had at least one ex, or unwanted attention, to show up." Aryn shot at her best friend. Jason sobered up and glared at Aryn. "Let's not ask for that to happen. I blame you for that entire relationship." Jason muttered with a hand on the back of his neck.

Aryn turned her attention back to Romulus. "To answer your question, no. Everyone has history and even I have to admit that the man is a good-looking man. People will react differently to people from their past and I have no right to get upset, or jealous, because of anything in Hadrian's past." Aryn said calmly as she looked up at Romulus. "Now, if I were to say walk in on the two of them in sexual activities then I might get a bit jealous." Aryn shrugged. Jason shook his head and looked down at Rose. "How much worse do you think this visit could get?" He asked calmly. Just as he mentioned that the lift started moving again and Aryn was jolted sideways, grabbing onto Middleton with her free hand to keep herself from falling. "Jesus I'm sick of being so bloody short." Aryn muttered. She turned her attention to the other man that had come in and gave him her most charming smile. "Nice to meet you. I'm Aryn, sorry I don't know who you are." She said in a polite voice.

• @lauranatink

• Narrowed eyes watched Townsend's/Snape's every move, frowning at the sight of her leaning unto Hadrian, his hand held in her own. "Nice to meet you. I'm Aryn, sorry I don't know who you are." Steel blue eyes snapped up to meet with green, and he forced himself to restrain the inappropriate comments that was at the tip of his tongue. Flashing his most charming smile, he spoke with a smooth and gentle voice, "A pleasure to meet your acquaintance. I'm Constantine Montefalco, Heir to the Ancient and Noble House of Montefalco and Demetrias." He physically looked about twenty-two despite of his age and looks. Constantine was a few inches taller than Hadrian, making it seem that he was looming over a few who were shorter than him. It also helped fuel his reputation as the so-called rumored strict-bat of the Ministry. He looked closely at the student in front of him, silently criticizing her physical flaws. He had heard of an Aryn Townsed, she was well known in the Ministry, but was never able to form any appearance, until now. Turning to Hadrian with a blank look, he inwardly frowned at the thought of his ex marrying some random woman when he knew that he could have done better. "And to think I once thought you had better taste when it came to choosing birds." Constantine sneered.

He hadn't intend to insult Townsend/Snape, but having known Hadrian for a long time and being one of his old flames, it caught him off guard. Just simply looking at his intended was enough to make you think that she was bland. And added the fact that Hadrian was someone who enjoyed the luxurious, yet adventurous life, it was confusing. "I apologize Lady Townsend. I had not meant to insult you in any way, I was just simply expressing my thoughts to Ha―Lord Middleton" Simply expressing his arse. Hadrian knew an insult when he heard one and this was a prime example of one. "Yes, well, your thoughts are just that, opinions. Words that I will not need to determine who I want or not want to marry." He countered with a glare. "Or does your opinion hold a secret meaning behind those words? Dare I say something similar and keen to jealousy perhaps?" Constantine frowned, lips pressed into a thin line. Jealousy? Why would he be envious when he had a partner of his own? Yes he had to admit there were a few things, or traits as some say, his current lover ― his dear beloved Romulus Constantinides ― was missing with. But he had learnt a long time ago that every individual was different in many ways. "Why would I be jealous when I have my own?" He asked with a crooked grin as he slung a casual arm around Romulus' shoulders.

Just this once, Hadrian allowed himself to be caught off guard from the sudden announcement. He had nothing against the two men or anything related to same-sex relationships, after all, love is love. Though to him, it was outré for his past partners to court his other past partners as the odds are slim. "Yes, we're courting. No, we didn't know until we had talked about a few purebloods political standings. No, we don't care. Yes, you have good taste in men, and I still wonder why your past lovers were from different countries. No, I have not went to Bahamas, yet. Yes, we talk about you at some point during sex. No, you may not use that as an excuse. And yes, you are freely welcome to join in and shag us both senseless." Hadrian blinked once, twice, then thrice. How in bloody Britain was Romulus able to answer a few questions that were clouding his mind when he hadn't even uttered a thing or two. Bloody hell, he really did underestimated the man. "Really? Because the last time we both talked, we hadn't parted pleasantly. I remember a few punches and hexes here and there. A few Unforgivables." He hissed. Both men had the decency to look sheepish at the accusation. Rose snorted but chose not to interrupt as things were becoming more entertaining.

"Level 5: Department of International Magical Cooperation, incorporating the International Magical Trading Standards Body, the International Magical Office of Law, and the International Confederation of Wizards, British Seats." The feminine voice announced as the lift came to a screeching halt. When no one was going to enter, the lift once more moved. "How could I not act so irrationally when you suddenly wanted us to split up after four and a half years? And the fact that you hadn't explained as to why you wanted to made things worst. You made me felt used, as if I were just a mere toy you could simply throw out and replace with another. I held a grudge on you because of that, and I vowed that I would make your life hell as cliché as that sounds. I was so closed too." Constantine mumbled the last part mostly to himself and Hadrian stiffened. "I was the reason why your father had been the negative talk in the Ministry. The reason why both your name and house were drug through the mud. I had one more dirt on your family that ensured that your house would lose everything. But then I found out. The reason why you left, and it made me guilty. You've done so much yet I accuse you of cheating when in truth you were trying to protect everyone you cared about." Fuck fuck fuck fuck. How many more secrets was he going to learn before his head was going to explode. And for fuck sake's! Doesn't anyone know when a proper time for a heart-to-heart talk is dealt? He has a reputation to hold! "Level 4: Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, incorporating, Beast, Being, and Spirit Divisions, Goblin Liaison Office, and the Pest Advisory Bureau."

"So basically," Rose chimed in with a frown. "The both of you are here in Britain just to apologize to that guy" She pointed at Hadrian. "because you figured out that you were the one in wrong and not him?" She asked. Seeing both men nod, she sighed. "You men are bloody well difficult and confusing to handle." She grumbled halfheartedly with an eye roll at the offended looks she received. How hard was it to just sit down and talk civilly without hexing one another like proper witches and wizards? She turned her head to look at Lynn, contemplating about her intended. "You aren't going to be that troublesome, right?" Rose asked after a few moments, with a slight tilt of her head. If Lynn was going to be like Romulus and Constantine, then Wizarding World be damn. She was not going to marry someone who can't at least act civil at some point. She could handle childish antics since she herself sometimes gave into the temptation, but there is always a right time and place for such things.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Aryn kept her emerald eyes focused on the people in front of her. The insult didn't escape her notice but it just didn't bother her much. If these were Middleton's ex's then it made sense that they wouldn't necessarily be happy with her, plus she didn't know Middleton well enough to know how he wanted this handled so she'd let him lead. The only reason she'd even taken his hand was because of Jason. Giving him a dazzling smile she just shrugged. "Don't worry about it. I've heard more creative—and better—insults. If I was insulted, you'd be the first to know." That was true, her mouth had gotten her into almost as much trouble as her actions had before. She stayed silent though as Middleton talked with the two of them and she felt a bit sorry for him, especially the more that his two ex's talked after he received the news that his two ex's were now together. She didn't really know how to take their offer for Middleton to join in and have some fun with them sexually. On the one hand, she didn't really want to sleep with Middleton, regardless of how attractive he was she didn't feel anything for him and she didn't want her first time to be with someone she didn't love. Yet on the other if she really was going to be his wife then she didn't exactly want him to be unfaithful right away. That wasn't exactly what she wanted in a marriage, even if she'd never planned on marrying.

Hearing Rose's question Jason looked over at her and gave her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry Rose, if I was like the two of them I wouldn't have lived this long being Aryn's friend. Your sister is insanely blunt, you learn quickly not to mess around with her too much." Jason grinned as he looked over at Aryn who just shrugged. "Can't help it. It's just who I am." She retorted. "Although, it's a bit better than all of this." She then turned to Middleton and gave him a full smile. "I feel better about what my ex did now though, at least carrying me wasn't quite as awkward as this just got." Running a free hand through her hair she gave the two men in front of her a small smile. "It's always good to acknowledge when you've done something wrong though." Jason looked at Aryn for a minute, worried if she was going to open her mouth and was relieved when she kept it closed. "Level 3: Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes, incorporating the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad, Obliviator Headquarters, and Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee." As the lift opened a young man and woman walked into the lift and Aryn's face paled slightly as she met Jason's gaze and she turned her head away, hoping she wouldn't be noticed but Jason put a hand over his face and started shaking it slightly as the young woman noticed him. "Jason?" She asked in a soft, almost hopeful voice. Then her eyes looked around the lift until they landed on Aryn. "You," she said scornfully.

Aryn winced hearing the scorn in her tone of voice. She deserved that, as much as everyone kept telling her it wasn't her fault that Michael had died, she believed it was and so did Carlotta
. "Carlotta, you know Michael's death wasn't Aryn's fault." Jason said softly. Carlotta Marshall just looked at Jason for a few moments, her eyes full of regret and pain. "Always taking her side of course." She said as she walked over by Jason and placed a hand on one of the ropes. Seeing Aryn's hand in Middleton's she raised an eyebrow. "I never expected to see Aryn Townsend holding hands with someone other than my brother. Moved on a bit fast didn't you?" Aryn flinched but looked down at the ground. There was nothing she could say to this woman that would help her heal, she blamed herself anyway and she just couldn't take much more of this. Jason sighed as he walked over to Rose so he wasn't by Carlotta, that was the last thing he wanted. "It's been a year Carlotta, Aryn lost someone too and this is not the proper time or place to have this conversation." Jason said pointedly as he looked at the two other men in the lift. He felt bad for both Middleton and Aryn at this point and he looked at Rose as the lift doors closed and it started moving again. "Really, I don't think anymore ex's or scorned women could fit in the lift without it exploding," he whispered after he bent down to talk in her ear.

Carlotta looked Middleton from top to bottom and just shook her head before looking at Aryn. "
You've changed." She said simply. She then turned her attention to the other two men in the lift and gave them both a small smile. "Sorry to interrupt your conversation." She turned around then so she was facing the lift to get out when she needed to. Romulus looked at Aryn then, consideringly. "So Townsend is the woman you were talking about then Carlotta? She's the reason your brother was murdered by that muggle?" Aryn's entire body froze at those words and she closed her eyes with her face down and her hair covering her face. Carlotta turned to Romulus and nodded once before her attention went back to Jason and Rose. "I wouldn't get too attached to him miss, he will forever be Aryn's man." Jason sighed hearing the scorn in Carlotta's voice and just shook his head. "I'm just her friend." He said with the tone of someone who had to repeat that phrase constantly. He looked over at Aryn, concerned from what had been said and leaned against the back of the lift, holding the rope with one hand. He looked over at Middleton then. "How much farther to your fathers office? I don't think any of us wants to have any more of these awkward encounters."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows

• @lauranatink

• Rose stared at the pair who joined their merry group of happy people. The woman, Carlotta as she heard Lynn and Romulus address, looked polite but the attitude behind her own voice made her unappealing. What right did she have to inculpate Aryn of something her sister must have not done intentionally. "I don't know who you are or what you do in life and I really don't care, but who the fuck do you think you are talking about my sister like that? What she had done may be intentional or not, and seeing as it has been a year your brother has been dead, don't you think it's time to move on?" She spat out the last two words with a glare. She didn't know anything about what Aryn had done before she found out that they were siblings, but this was just over the top. "If she truly had killed your brother, then why have I not heard of an investigation from the Aurors if it were truly murder? Was there even a trial to prove that what you have said and witnessed was the truth and not a modified memory?" Murder of either muggle or wizard were always brought to notice during the Wizengamot and Auror meetings. If there were no reports of said murder then there were two possible reasons:

a.) the Aurors were not notified of anything
    b.) someone had sealed the case
    c.) both

The only reason she knew was because heirs were allowed to be brought to the Wizengamot or Auror meetings depending on the Patriarch of the House. Plus there were a lot of juicy gossip about a few other members of the Ministry. "Forever Aryn's man?" she confidentially sniggered. Oh, was she in for a surprise. Turning around to look at Lynn, she gave him her most innocent look, tilting her head to the side, she asked, "Would that then mean that the betrothal between us is null and void?" She heard a long suffering sigh coming from Hadrian but ignored it, wanting to fuck around the other four even more. "You'll be able to protect Aryn at all cost if you were to marry her. Makes things more easier for you, right?" With a mock hurt yet believable look, she turned her head to the side as unshed tears stung her eyes.

Hadrian stared at his friend, dumbfounded at the act she had put up, as if it were just skin you could easily peel. How was she not placed in Slytherin? Chuckling, he shook his head at the thoughts. Slytherin she could be, but deep down he knew that she was truly a Hufflepuff. Curious, he looked at Townsend/Snape, frowning when he saw that she was looking down on the ground. What the woman had said must have really affected her if she was reacting like this. "Next level we're getting off." He answered Lynn's question softly. Romulus and Constantine choked on their own spit at Hadrian's phrasing. Said man glared at them as he said, "Oh grow up. You know I hadn't meant it in that way!" The lift came to another stop, "Level 2: Department of Magical Law Enforcement, incorporating the Improper Use of Magic Office, Auror Headquarterd, and Wizengamot Administration Services." the feminine voice announced. Finally their destination! Constantine turned and slid the grill gate open with a playful roll of his eyes, then stepped out, waiting for his beloved to join him. Romulus chuckled and followed his lover, entwining their fingers together as they both headed off to the Improper Use of Magic Office, bidding the others farewell as they went.

Leaning down till he was a few inches away from her ear, he whispered in a low raspy voice, "Don't listen to her. Words either bring you down or lift you up, therefore listen to the words that will help you rise up into power. Those who try to bring you down won't matter later on on the long run." He exhaled a breathy chuckle at the sudden "words of wisdom" shit that came up and slightly shook his head. Pulling away, he straightened himself up before letting go of Townsend/Snape's hand and leaving the lift. He hadn't bothered to bid the other two strangers farewell as their meeting was an immediate disaster even without the introduction taking place. Rose, without a second thought, followed after Hadrian with a slight skip in her steps, dragging Lynn along like a rag doll. It didn't take long for any of them to round around a corner, then into a room where there there were a series of open cubicles. Wizards and witches alike were buzzing around like bees, a few moving around to hand in their paperwork whilst some were heading over to talk or catch up with their partner and/or friend.

Letting go of Lynn's hand, she made a beeline towards the office that was a couple meters away from the Head Auror's, greeting anyone she made eye contact with. Some of them knew her, being in the Auror business for quite some time, and some didn't, and she was certain she was bale to change that soon enough. Without knocking, she opened the door and let herself in, making her way over towards the couch as if she was just at home and in the common room. The office was just the office of the Head Auror, but times two, permitting it to be big enough for two stubborn Lords who wished to work alongside each other, allowing few large furniture to occupy the spaces in the office. Rose propped her elbow up on the couch's armrest, curiously staring at her father who was writing down something interesting on the parchment that lay in front of him. "Do these contracts have the signature of Severus Snape in blood?" Was the first thing that came out of Hadrian's mouth when he entered the room.

Fredrick looked up from the parchment he was reading and gave his son a blank look. Of course the signature was signed in blood, which made things much more complicated than before. So what if Severus Snape had used blood, there was nothing wrong with it, unless a bit amount of blood was too much to ask. Wrong. When wizards or witches use blood, there will always be a meaning behind the action as blood is life. No, he was not a vampire, but if he were one, then he could proper explain what it meant, but alas he was not. "What do you think he used, shite?" He deadpanned. Snorting, he took out a few parchment from his drawer and placed it on his desk, sliding it over to his son. Shrugging, Hadrian strode over towards his father with an air of arrogance. Taking the parchments, he turned and then headed over to the couch as he read the contents of the marriage contract between himself and Townsend/Snape.

Jason was pleasantly surprised when Rose stood up for Aryn. It was good to know that he wouldn't be the only one who was looking out for Aryn and where Carlotta was involved Aryn refused to stand up for herself. She hadn't even been around when he'd died. That was part of the reason she blamed herself. Then Rose was turning on him and his eyes widened a bit. How the hell did the woman go from one emotion to the other? God this was going to either be the most entertaining marriage, or the most trying marriage in the history of arranged marriages. He was too shocked at her actions to have any kind of a response for her but then Middleton was telling them that they would be getting off on the next level and apparently they were in a lift full of people with dirty minds. Shaking his head at their comment he turned his attention back to the small woman in front of him and wondered if she was really going to be okay with their arrangement. He had meant what he said about trying to make things work but that didn't mean he knew enough about her to have that happen. He supposed they'd figure it out eventually.

Aryn heard Rose's comments and she felt warmed by it but it was her fault. Regardless of the fact that everyone told her it wasn't, minus Carlotta of course, she still felt it was her fault. Remembering the short time they'd had together was bittersweet. It was one of the happiest times of her life, but also one of the worst when he'd been killed. She heard Rose talking to Jason and was shocked but was still too caught up in her own emotions to come to Jason's defense. Plus, Jason would need to know how to handle Rose on his own if they were going to be married. Then she heard Middleton's voice close to her and he was whispering in her ear. She lifted her head at his comments then and was surprised at what she was hearing. He was attempting to help her feel better? The hell was he on, or was he just trying to continue the act in front of his ex's? Shaking her head she followed behind him as they left the lift and started going towards the Auror's offices. Looking around she sighed, she knew a picture of her had gone out after the last incident but she hadn't realized that people had actually taken time to make sure they knew what she looked like. It was flattering, and a bit insulting, all at the same time. She put her hands in her back pockets though and kept an innocent and sweet look on her face as she watched Rose drag Jason around like a rag doll until they got into the Head Auror's office.

Walking inside she looked over at Middleton who'd gotten what she assumed was their marriage contract and was going over it. As much as she wanted to read it as well she wanted to thank Rose first. Walking over to her she sat down beside her and hesitantly gave her a fast hug. She wasn't used to contact with other people, and she didn't know how Rose felt about their newfound sister information. "Thank you, for what you said to Carlotta." She said softly. "It was my fault, not directly, but I shouldn't have let myself be with him." Aryn told her in a quiet voice. She was sure the others could hear her but since Lord's Middleton and Augustine were part of the Auror's office they probably knew about it already and Middleton was going to marry her so he had a right to know about it anyway. Jason shook his head as he sat down on the other side of Aryn. "It wasn't your fault at all Aryn." He informed her as he leaned back in the couch. He wouldn't say anything about it and would wait for her since it was her past but he wasn't sure now was the best time either. Aryn shrugged then. "I was in a relationship with Carlotta's brother," it still hurt too much to say his name so she didn't, "Nathan found out about it and while I was at Hogwarts, he'd stopped by the orphanage. According to Carlotta he'd been intending on asking the head of the orphanage if he could marry me. It was the closest father figure and he wanted to go about it that way since I didn't have a father to speak of before he told me he was serious about me and wanted to ask me for my hand." Aryn smiled a bit as she pulled the fine chain gently and pulled the ring that had been sitting in between her breasts. "Nathan overheard and killed him, he says it was an accident but no one believed him. The Ministry and Auror's allowed for him to keep his memory and not be arrested because of the amount of magical orphans that are in that orphanage." Aryn finished. She looked at the dainty ring for a moment before placing it back in her shirt.

Jason was surprised seeing Aryn take the ring out. He'd only seen the ring once, the day he'd bought her the chain to put it on so she'd stop carrying it in her pocket. Shaking his head he squeezed Aryn's shoulder gently and she looked up at him with a small smile. She then turned her attention to Rose. "I know he's a bit slow but he's a decent enough guy I suppose." Now she was talking about Jason trying to change the subject. "He actually has a romantic side if you let him show it too." Jason turned a bit pink then and looked at Lord Augustine and his father who was standing off to the side. "The marriage contracts are pretty straightforward. Jason and Hadrian are supposed to attempt to woo Aryn and Rose before the marriage actually takes place but both girls are to be married to them by the time they turn eighteen. According to the birth certificates we found that would be in a little under eight months. I haven't looked over Aryn and Hadrian's as much as Lord Middleton has but I'm assuming it's not too much different. The women are supposed to also be considered partners in the marriage and all parties involved are to treat each other well."

Aryn had snorted at the wooing and walked over to sit beside Middleton to read over his shoulder at their marriage contract. "You're joking right? Because I don't see him trying to woo me." Realizing she'd have to be a lot closer to Middleton to read the arrangement she settled for sitting down beside him and waiting. Patience wasn't her strong suit, and neither was sitting in one spot, so she started spinning her wand around in her hand. "What else is in there that I need to know?" She asked in a tired voice. "I'm glad you and I already had a conversation." Jason whispered as he moved to sit a bit closer to Rose.

• @lauranatink

• Charlus blinked as he stared at Townsend/Snape in disbelief, is brain processing the information he had just received from the story she had just told. "How does one "accidentally" kill someone?" He asked in dubiety, frowning as he gave his partner an incensed glance. There were no cases he had heard of with someone being murdered accidentally and he had to call bullshit on that matter. And what the fuck did she mean that the Ministry and Auror's allowed that bastard to keep his memories? "Last I heard, any degree of murder would go under trial whether it be accidental or not. Murder is still murder whether they like of it or not. Just because he's a muggle doesn't mean that he is exempted of this rule. Nathan Remaklus is the son of the man owning the orphanage with magical children, which means that we have the right to put him in Azkaban or remove his memories. I'll have to speak with the Head Auror and Minister about this. This is NOT acceptable!" He hissed, slamming a drawer shut. "Fucking muggleborn thinks she knows what's the best for our world." he grumbled mostly to himself, taking deep breaths to calm himself down. Just because she was part of The Golden Trio who fought in the war and received an Order of Merlin, First Class didn't mean that something abominable such as rape and murder by a muggle was just going to be handed over to the muggle police, especially when said man's father's orphanage was sheltering magical children. How were they going to explain then when the muggle police start noticing weird things happening around that orphanage? "How deluded can she be?"

Fredrick rolled his eyes at his friend's displeasure before turning back to the teenagers in front of him. "Not only are Hadrian and Jason going to woo both of you, but must complete the rules of the traditional courtship, where both parties must exchange gifts as a token of affection, dates being accompanied by elders, and no involvement of intercourse till the wedding night, lest you want your consummation being written on your marriage certificate before your wedding." He added very sternly, eyes glaring at one to another before smirking after a pregnant pause. "But, of course that doesn't mean that none of you can't pleasure yourselves with the other orally." At the last word he uttered, Fredrick evaded the vase thrown at him with a flick of his wand. It was just too easy to rile up Charlus and he couldn't count how many times he had made the man furious. "What's gotten your knickers in a twist? Deep down that icy heart of yours, you know I'm right. If they're anything like us back then, I wouldn't be surprised if I found out they've been sneaking around after curfew having a snogging session behind some statue."

Little Augustine-Snape stared at the older men who was her father and uncle, who acted mature turn into two squabbling five-year-olds. How they got their job, she never knew and didn't want to find out unless she wanted to bleach her eyes just encase. She turned to Aryn with an addled expression. "Him, romantic?" She asked with an incredulous stare. "Now that I have to see to believe because that's just unimaginable." She hadn't meant to offend him at all, but romantic? That was just outrageous to her. Or perhaps it was because she hadn't seen or caught him in the act? Or was it that she was a bit bitter with the fact that she had been single far too long, her escapade with Raphael not included. "I wonder. People say that the bookworms are the wildest in bed, but with that romantic side of yours that I have yet too see and witness, would that mean that you're even wilder and naughtier than what is to be expected?" Rose asked Lynn innocently with a sheepish smile. Usually it wasn't her business, but seeing as she was gong to marry him, she had the right to know, after all, she needed to be prepared. "I'm just curious is all, especially with what my dear uncle was implying. Also, I may still be pure and all, but I know a few things or two when it comes to being dirty, so no need to worry about innuendos, I'm a bigger pervert than Uncle Fredrick and Hadrian combined." She finally admitted to the man with a cheeky grin before turning to her sister. "I should tell you to be careful of the words you use, but Hadrian isn't the type of man who takes advantage of a woman, so be as crude as you want. He won't be taking any first sexual steps unless you do it. You have to show him that you're ready to take a step further into your relationship because once he finds out, he won't hold back. And I assure you, when I meant won't hold back, I'm not joking. I can still remember how many potions a single one of his dates needed just to get out of the bed and head home."

Hadrian shot both Rose and Townsend/Snape a glare before returning to the contract. Going through the courtship would be easy as passing his O.W.L.'s, the only problem was the part on section five, paragraph one, sentence three, where it was stated that he and Townsend/Snape were, or should he say are, going to have two heirs for both the Prince and Middleton line. Morgana's hairy cunt, he knew that the eldest daughter wouldn't want to marry him, but sex? She was going to castrate him if he so ever touched her in a wrong way, and he liked his bits and pieces intact thank you very much. "If it truly bothers you, then I'll just have to woo you in public rather than in private, it would make things much easier to do and accomplish. And since all four of us are going to share a dorm, which I have no doubt is already prepared by the time we return, you'll be seeing me more than usual. And I'll make sure you'll have a wonderful time, my lion."

• Love
Aryn looked at the two adults with eyes that could be described as nothing other than pained. "I never said it was acceptable. When I found out about it, Hogwarts and the Ministry both learned a few facts about myself that I'd have preferred to keep quiet for a while. Unfortunately, someone's father was able to get to me and with the help of a certain someone they prevented me from taking my revenge." Aryn said as Eric and Jason both kept their steady gaze on her. "I don't regret stopping you, Aryn. You don't need to have blood on your hands. You don't know how that could impact you and you needed to think calmly. Jason only did as I asked and if I remember right you took out your anger on both of us already. That was my fault, I forgot how bloody fast you are when you try." Eric muttered as he rubbed his arm absently. Aryn turned away from both of them then as Lord Middleton, her father-in-law to be, started talking about the courtship. Traditional courtship, holy shit. Exchange gifts to one another? How was Middleton supposed to even know what the hell to get her? He knew nothing about her other than her temper and the things he'd learned today. At the mention of intercourse, or sexual contact, she blushed and just shook her head. "That won't be an issue. I have absolutely no intentions of any form of intercourse at any point in time." Aryn said. Eric coughed lightly. "Uh, well Aryn. Your father sort of added in something to your marriage arrangement. Read section five, paragraph one, sentence three of your marriage arrangement."

Aryn took the contract from Middleton's hands and scanned until she found the part mentioned. "With the marriage between the Lord Middleton heir and the firstborn Lady of the House of Prince there shall be two heirs produced. One for the Middleton House and one for the Prince House so as each family can grow and prosper." Jason's face had paled as Aryn read and he watched her to see how bad her temper was going to go off but it looked like she was in shock more than anything else. "Are you telling me that I'm supposed to have at least two children with a man that I have no affection for?" Aryn asked her eyes a bit wild as she looked between the three adults. Eric sighed and nodded. "You never know Aryn, you may grow fond of and even love him as he courts you." Aryn looked up at him and glared. "We are not going to be a good match for each other. One of us is going to end up killing the other!" Aryn retorted. "I don't mind finding out about having a sister, that I'm okay with and I look forward to getting to know Rose and see what things are like as a family. But being told that I have to be courted, married, and have children?! How am I supposed to take that in stride?" Aryn asked. Eric looked at her then and took three boxes out of his pocket. Tossing two of them at Aryn he walked the other over to Rose, handing it to her with a smile.

"Aryn, one of those is from your mother—the one who raised you. The other is from your actual mother and Rose you have a gift from your birthmother as well. She entrusted those to me when she found out she was pregnant with twins and I've held onto them." Aryn looked up at Eric in surprise and then at the boxes in her lap. Biting her lip she handed the marriage arrangement back to Middleton and gingerly picked up the first box. Opening it up she saw a necklace on a fine chain, a single charm on it. A lily. "This was my mothers. She wore this, every day for as long as I remember." Aryn said softly. "She grounded me for a month over the summer when I nicked it to wear when I snuck out to go dancing. She didn't even care that I'd snuck out just that I knicked this." She laughed. Unable to put it on herself she looked at Middleton for a moment but then decided against it and just placed it gently back inside the box. Picking up the other she opened it and saw a ring. "What is this?" She asked curiously as she looked up at Eric. "That would be your ring, proving you are of the Lady of the Noble House of Prince." He answered. Aryn looked at him and then at the ring. She took it out and slid it on the fourth finger on her right hand without another word.

Jason had listened to everyone speaking without saying anything. Lord Augustine's reaction to Lord Middleton's comments was surprising but even more were Rose's words and he just shook his head with a small smirk on his face. "I can be romantic, don't worry it sounds like I'll have quite a few chances to show you on our chaperoned outings. As for what I'm like in bed I'm not so sure that we should have that conversation in front of so many people. Although I think that for your father's sake I should let you know that I'm not one for doing anything that would be considered improper. Especially not with a woman I don't know." He leaned over then so he was close to her ear. "Maybe after I get to know you." He whispered with a small grin as he pulled back from her and watched as Aryn's temperament changed upon opening the presents. He looked over at Rose and gave her a smile. "It's good to know that my future bride is someone that I won't have to worry about offending then if I say inappropriate things." He teased. Of course he wouldn't do any of that, he may not have been raised as a Lord but he had been raised as a gentleman. "So our Hogsmeade visit, is that supposed to chaperoned as well?" He asked a bit curiously. "I suppose I should come up with a gift to give you." He said softly as he tried thinking of something she would like. He had an idea but it would have to wait for now as they needed to get things finished here and then go back to Hogwarts. Where, as Middleton had said, they more than likely had the dorm set up for them.

Aryn was looking at Middleton in surprise when he mentioned wooing her in public other than private. Merlin. How was she supposed to take all of this and why didn't he seem more upset about this bloody arrangement? Running a hand through her hair she stayed still as she listened to him and sighed. Six years of mostly avoiding being in a serious relationship with anyone other than Michael and now she was betrothed. She heard what Rose said about Hadrian and she looked over at her sister. "Well, I'm not so sure how well that would work. I suppose if I'm truly to marry him it's good to know he would at least bring me pleasure but that's not exactly the first thing on my mind." She said with a small smile. Thinking about betrothal she fingered the ring at her neck and then looked at Middleton, meeting his gaze for the first time. "I'm sure you'd attempt to make sure I had a wonderful time, but you don't know anything about me. Not my favorite color, if I like flowers or jewelry, all you know about me is I have a temper, a terrible past, and am the Lady of the Noble House of Prince. It's the same for Rose. Jason knows nothing about her and her nothing about him. If we're to be married before our birthday how is that possibly enough time to get to know one another to fall in love and marry? I wasn't raised a Lady of a house, I was not raised believing I would be married to someone to further the interests of my parents. My mother raised me to be my own person. I would not make a good wife—to anyone."

Jason sighed and looked at Aryn. "You need to give it a chance Aryn. I don't want you to be upset and I don't know how this will work for Rose or I either but why don't you try trusting Middleton and give him a chance to get to know you." He looked over at Hadrian then. "In response to the few things she said you didn't know. Her favorite color is purple, she likes white roses and is not fond of most jewelry. The nickname you've heard, Rosie, is because when she was thirteen she was tinier than she was now and she had been out trying to get some flowers to keep in her room and fell into the rosebush, literally. Plus her middle name is Rosaline. Oh and for all her temper and her stating she doesn't like girly things she loves to dance." He grinned as Aryn glared at him. Aryn then turned to Rose. "His favorite color is green, he actually hates sugar quills with a passion, and when he was fifteen he actually sent a childrens book to a muggle publisher and it was published and is a favorite in the Muggle world." Jason shook his head at Aryn but then turned to Rose. "I do plan on getting to know you, just like we talked about. But for now what else is there we need to do? As much as Aryn is hiding it, she's about an hour from collapsing from exhaustion after how much she's done and gone through today and unless Hadrian plans on carrying her again we need to get whatever we need to done now so that we can make our way back to the castle so she can get some sleep."

• @lauranatink

• Hadrian stared at Townsend/Snape for a few moments, trying to comprehend what she had just said before frowning. Just because he only knew a few things about her through their rivalry didn't mean that he wasn't observant about a few things that she did or didn't do. Sometimes he was just too curious for his own good, and no he had not been stalking her, he was just in need of blackmail or something along those lines just encase she had gone too far. Even Rose could testify on his behalf if anyone were to ask as they were suspicious or something. Though, he had to admit that she had a point about the falling in love shit. They didn't have much time as they only had eight months before they were to be wed, and he wasn't sure if he was even capable of making someone love him, more so if he could even love them in return. He had never experienced love before he had turned eleven and had reminded himself that love was nothing but weakness to his eyes and he would do everything to get rid of that type of weakness till it was stuck to his mind, as if it were one of the wounds he had on his own body. But seriously though, the answer to that problem of hers was spending time with the other and getting to know one another. If she really wasn't alright with this, then he had no right to push her to do something she didn't want. Without another word from him, he strode over to the fireplace and flooed back to Hogwarts in a flash of green flames.

Rose watched as Hadrian strode over to the fireplace with clenched jaws, hands curling into fists. Without even a farewell, he flooed back to Hogwarts. Sighing, she too then stood up with a frown. "I apologize for Heir Middleton's sudden and rude departure, Sir Lynn. He doesn't do well when it comes to things with feelings being involved. He had a.....worst past than any of ours combine, and hope that one day he tells you of it seeing as it is his story to tell not anyone else's." The last comment was aimed at Lord Middleton, but the man knew and understood what she meant. Father he may be, but this was something very personal. Rose headed over to the firplace as she continued, "Father, please reschedule our trip to Gringotts the day after tomorrow. We will be needing some time to think over everything we've discussed, and I doubt any of us would want to attend classes tomorrow." With that being said, she entered the fireplace and threw the floo powder, flooing back to Hogwarts.

Hadrian entered the Headmistress' office with a fake yawn, an obvious excuse if the Headmistress were to get curious. "I would like to ask your permission if you could allow the four of us to be excused from classes for the entire week. We need some time to process everything we've learnt before we return to classes, lest our minds would be too occupied to even learn anything." He asked right away as he took the parcel from the Headmistress' table, hissing soothing words to the, obviously annoyed, basilisk inside. Without waiting for a reply or the others, he made his way out of the office, descending the spiral stairs. As he was at the foot he called out, "Pinky." Said elf appeared in front of the Slytherin, wide eyes full of curiosity, joy, and confusion. "Whats can Pinky dos for young Master sir?" The little elf asked, and if it was even possible, her eyes widen. "Please bring us to our new quarters, Pinky." Pinky didn't need to be told twice, and before any of them could say anything or blink, they disappeared with a pop and reappeared into a new room. "Ifs that is all young Master sir needs, Pinky will retire to the kitchens, oh yes she will." And with that she disappeared.

The room looked rather normal but much more bigger than the quarters of the Professors. On the right side of the room was the living room whislt at the left was the kitchens. Rose stood there, mouth agape at the sight of their quarters. She could feel Lady Hogwarts laughing at her reaction as if she were also asking if the Founder's Heirs didn't deserve the best. How in Merlin's left pants were they able to have such an amazing room such as this when in fact, their common rooms seemed so old. Hell, how were muggle inventions able to function in HOGWARTS when the school wasn't equipped with muggle thinkamabobs. Fuck. If the living room and kitchen looked this beautiful, then she wondered what the bathrooms and bedrooms looked like.

Aryn watched as Middleton left to go back to Hogwarts and shrugged when Rose apologized. Things were going to be difficult, there was no way around that and it was going to take time before the four of them got used to being around one another. Jason gave his father a small smile and walked over to the fireplace, flooing back to Hogwarts with Aryn close behind him. When they got there neither had a chance to say anything as they were suddenly apparated into a different room by a house elf. Jason's eyes were wide as he took in how large the room actually was. How was it possible for the four of them, just students, to have rooms that were this extravagant? He'd been in a few of the Professor's offices and rooms and they were no where near this big. They were even provided with a kitchen so they could eat there and a living room. While that was a nice touch Jason wasn't sure why they were going to have such large rooms. Aryn was just as shocked and then felt a sharp pain in her side. Putting a hand on her side she sighed, Celine's lovely injury was not going to be easy to heal, even with her magic.

Aryn saw the kitchen and walked over to it with a soft smile on her face. She'd loved cooking with her mother and a lot of times she was the one that cooked at the orphanage. "Can you make that chicken meal again sometime?" Jason called out to her with a grin. Aryn looked up and over at him and gave a small smile as she twirled the new ring on her finger. "Yeah, I suppose I could sometime if you're nice to my sister." Aryn replied. She then walked through the rooms to one of the bedrooms and opened the door slowly, inside were someone's things and from the Green color inside she was going to assume it was for Middleton. "This one I'm going to assume is yours Middleton." She told him. Opening the room right next to it she saw the crimson and gold and saw her things inside. "They moved our things." She called out as she walked inside. The room was huge, bigger than the dorms that the girls shared for her house and she wasn't sure what to do with all the space. The large queen sized bed had the red bedsheets with a lion on them, but her small butterfly figurine was set carefully on the nightstand and she smiled at its familiarity. She then saw a door on the wall connected to Middleton's rooms and opened it curiously, realizing immediately that their rooms were adjoining with this as the connecting door. She shut it firmly and walked back out to the others. "Well, Middleton and I's room's are connected to one another with an adjoining door. I'm going to assume you two's are as well."

Jason looked at Aryn surprised and walked to the room across the room from hers. Opening it he saw yellow and shut it so he wouldn't be intruding upon Rose's privacy. Opening the room next to it he saw the blue and walked inside, seeing that his things—including the book he'd been reading—were in his rooms and there was indeed a door. He didn't open it for confirmation but he did walk back out to the others. "She's right," he told Rose. "If it'll make you feel comfortable I can move my dresser in front of my side and yours in front of your side so that you don't have to worry about anything. I'll respect your privacy of course." Jason told her reassuringly. He saw Aryn walking towards the only other door that he saw and realized it must be the bathroom. If there was only one bathroom they would need to figure out a rotation for showers, that could get awkward way too fast if they didn't. He was also going to need to make sure that Aryn was going to be alright sleeping around the others. The girls in his dorm were used to her nightmares and the occasional yelling out but he had a feeling she wouldn't want to let the other's know about it and she would do her best to just not sleep while they were in the same room.

Aryn looked around the bathroom and sighed. It was huge, more than huge it was anything a girl could want. There was a huge bath and a double shower. A separate area that had the toilets and sinks so at least while someone was taking a bath someone could also use the restroom. Shaking her head she went to the medicine cabinet and took out antiseptic ointment and bandages before she walked back out to the others and then looked at Jason. "Hey, will you bandage this for me?" She asked as she threw the things at him and lifted her shirt to show the cut on her side. "Why didn't you heal that earlier?" Jason asked as he looked at it. "It's dark magic, I focused my healing on you three and restoring my strength more than this. I'm too tired now to heal it so I just want to make sure it doesn't get infected until I wake up in the morning." Jason sighed and quickly wrapped the bandage around her with some of the antiseptic. "Are you alr—" Aryn looked at him and just shook her head. She then walked over to Rose and gave her a quick hug. "Sorry about everything." She whispered in her ear before pulling back.

• @lauranatink
    A visual reference to the newly transfigured bedrooms of Hadrian and Rose

• As Hadrian rounded the corner, he stopped dead on his tracks when he caught sight of Townsend/Snape opening one of the bedroom doors. Her eyes darting one place to another, probably judging which of the rooms were considerable for her, before announcing that the room was his. He glared at the retreating form of his soon-to-be wife, still vexed at the conversation that they had a while back. With an indignant huff, he stormed into his room, shutting ― well, more like slamming ― the door shut with a slightly ― very ― loud bang. Carefully placing the parcel on his bed, he took out his wand and started casting wards on his room in parseltongue, making sure that no one would be able to enter without his permission or their magical signature allowing entrance, lest they would likely find themselves thrown out and into the Black Lake. He was fully aware that he was using Parselmagic, a "very dark" language, but he and some people knew that it was impossible and complex to counter a spell that was in Parseltongue, which made him relax a tiny bit but not much, knowing that no one would be able to come and go as they please like the room was their own. With a mischievous smirk, he added a few complicated dark wards above the Parselmagic wards and a ton of basic wards above the other two. It would be hilarious to see the startled looks the inquisitive people would get when they find and figure out that he was using Parselmagic.

Satisfied with his work, he turned around and took a proper look on his room. The bedroom was smaller than the one he had back in the manor and bigger than the rooms back in the dorms, but it was also capacious enough to add or get rid of some furniture. A large white-black marble fireplace dominated one side of the wall, and on the opposite wall, there stood a door that, he presumed, lead to the bathroom. Said door was immediately shut as it had been opened. Maybe it wasn't the bathroom, he thought bitterly. The wallpaper, hangings, bedspreads, upholstery and cushions, and everything was done in harmonious shade of green, black and white. And if he was even seeing clearly, he caught a glimpse of emerald and black diamonds. The furniture were either green or black and that made him frown. He understood that he was Salazar Slytherin's heir and (probably last) descendant, but that didn't mean that he literally favoured the Slytherin colours like the others.

Mumbling about having too much green, he squeezed his eyes shut. Relaxing both body and mind, he meditated and started to dig into his magic and core, pulling out some of his power into the surface, making sure that it was enough to permanently transfigure his room. Though, he wouldn't be surprised if Hogwarts was willing to lend him a hand. Feeling another's magic joining his, he chuckled. Focusing on the image that he wanted, and as if it were a mere dog, he let his power loose, allowing it do as it pleased. He listened with a pleased smile at the sound of furniture being either snapped in half or shattered, then mended back together into something new. He didn't really care if the others heard the ruckus that was happening inside, it was his room and not theirs, along with his businesses unless it involed everyone of them or two. As he felt that his goal had been accomplished, Hadrian's eyes fluttered open, emerald green orbs adjusting to the new lighting of his room, and when he did, he smirked in triumph. Thank Godric for Transfiguration classes.

Instead of being surrounded by silver, green and black, a slightly depressing combination of colours, he was now surrounded by alabastar and wamara wood. With a shake of his head, he stripped off his clothes, too tired to give a flying fuck about someone barging in or some shit, confident of his spellwork. His clothes pooled around his feet as he stepped out of his trousers and underpants. It was too warm right now, and he knew that later on it would be chilly by the time it was mid-morning. Also, sleeping nude had became a habit ever since he started his third year. He didn't know how it happened, but he knew that it had something to do with only having a father who also slept in the nude. Carelessly, he plopped himself onto the bed ― just after releasing his familiar from the parcel ― and buried his face into his pillow. "Why me?" He asked himself sullenly as he covered himself up with the blankets, enjoying the coolness of the sheets on his feet and legs. He slowly moved them around, wanting to absorb as much coolness as he could before the sheets would get warm. It didn't take long for him to give himself to the loving call of Morpheus.
    TIME SKIP

Hadrian groaned, screwing his eyes tightly as he rolled over, away from the window and sunlight. Snuggling further into the cocoon he had created with the blankets, he slowly fell into slumber, but alas, his familiar had woken up and proceeded to complain that he was famished and needed to either hunt or be fed. Groaning in annoyance, he turned his head and slowly fluttered his eyes open, halfheartedly glaring at the snake staring right back at him. It was slightly disorienting to wake up and find a snake standing up and staring at you as you slept, but maybe it was because he was unfamiliar with snake behaviour. Despite the irony of the situation, he pushed it aside for now, knowing full well that it would be distracting him for quite a while. But he didn't mind, he just hoped that the Headmistress would give them the week off to comprehend everything from last night. Blinking repeatedly to get rid of his drowsiness, he let out silent hiss at the sudden impact of a headache. It felt like getting hit by a buldger and he was ― not really ― exaggerating it. It was probably the result of having a rough night despite having fallen asleep immediately, but he couldn't understand why.

Sighing, he forced himself to get out of bed, head spinning along with his vision as he tried to stand upright. What the fuck was wrong with him? He was fine last night, able to walk straight without getting lightheaded, and now it was like he had went out for a drink or two (and probably more). Frowning, he made his way over to the mirror that hung on the wall and stared at himself with distaste. He looked awful, though not too awful that would make people look away, but somewhere in between the just-woke-up kind of awful. His hair was such in a mess that he doubt he would be able to tame it before everyone else woke up. His eyes looked tired, but a few cups of coffee would do the trick. His eyes trailed lower and the next thing he knew, he was admiring his physique. He wasn't like those bodybuilders who ever did themselves and made it look like they had rocks instead of muscles. He was lean and quite muscular, though despite trying to cover up his bod, his clothes were perfectly fit. Courtesy of his father and Rose, of course. He caught sight of some clothes laid out at the end of his bed and a vial of, what he presumed was, Pepper Up potion, and that's when he remembered that he needed to thank Pinky when he next saw the little elf.

Grabbing and pulling on a baggy, grey pair of sweatpants, he stepped out into the hallway, not caring that said sweatpants hung dangerously low on his hips, showing his Adonis belt to the world. Running his fingers through his hair, he quietly shut his door with a soft click, not wanting to wake the other occupants of the dorm from their slumber with the noise he was creating. With a soft hum, he made his way to the kitchen, bypassing the other bedrooms and the living room. When he entered the kitchens, the first thing that caught his attention was the alluring aroma of coffee. With as much grace he could muster, he followed the wonderful smell of his favourite beverage like a puppy looking for food and mischief, he found it on top of the table along with the other mugs that must be for the others. Not caring which was whose, he picked up the first mug that smelled strongly of coffee and took a delighted sip.

• At the sudden mention of her room being connected to Lynn's, she frowned. Normally, she wouldn't have trouble or complaints about sharing privacy, but it was usually with people she really well knew, and the fact that it was Lynn she was going to share her privacy with made her uncomfortable. She had to agree with her sister's point a while back in the Ministry. She didn't really didn't know the guy that well to feel at ease with him, and she only had just received information from her sister about his interests despite watching him whenever he was in the same room as she was. Call it whatever you want, but she was careful enough to make sure that she was not, by all means, stalking Lynn. It was usually their rivalry that caused her to observe him from afar, wanting to figure out his weaknesses and use it to her advantage. Though, she knew it was impossible to do so as the person she wanted to beat was a Ravenclaw, and she doubt she could even figure out at least one of them. His house was just too intelligent and she wouldn't be shocked if they had tried to take all the classes Hogwarts offered, which made her feel a bit bitter.

She accepted the fact that her house was looked down upon on, underestimated and bullied for being part of a weak group. She wondered if it had always been like this after the days of the founders, Merlin, Morgana and King Arthur. It bothered her to a great extent that some of her housemates were either disowned or beaten for being part of Hufflepuff, the house of the weak. It was unfair, truly was and always will be, and she wondered what would have happened if Helga Hufflepuff's ghost existed and haunted Hogwarts. That would would have been a sight to remember. "No, that's alright. I trust that you won't barge in into the privacy of my room without warning, unless something has happened to one of us or Hogwarts herself." Rose replied with a small shrug of her shoulder, smiling in warning and reassurance. If they were to participate in this courting, then Lynn needed to know that she didn't like others invading her privacy and space, lest they wanted to receive the end of the stick. She understood that there will always be times for drastic measures, but would it kill them to try and knock? She could be changing after a long bath for Voldemort's sake! "And in return, I'll try and not bother you too much with my noises." she added lewdly with a lascivious wink. Since she was going to live with them, it was going to be fun fucking around. Well, not literally. She did have to complete the courting before any screwing would happen.

At the sudden (and out of the blue) hug and apology from her sister, she frowned, all playfulness gone and replaced with seriousness and worry. "What are you sorry for? You haven't even done anything, yet." she replied, taking Aryn's hand in hers. She didn't know her sister well besides that she had anger issues as Hadrian had told her, but this side of her was alarming. Perhaps if she had been any other student, then she would have known what to do, but since she was her sister, all plans went down the drain. She had no experience whatsoever with comforting family members, especially with women she rarely knew. But instead of panicking, she said the first thing that came to her mind. "If you're apologizing for being rude and a bitch back then, I forgive you. But, make sure that you'll be an extra bitch to Celine from now on since we're now sisters." The last part was said mischievously. Things with Celine's plans would start going down hill by the time they returned to their classes, Rose knew she could take in stride, but what would make her snap would be the icing on the cake, or more known as Hadrian and Aryn's courtship and betrothal. And she could not wait to witness the chaos and watch it again and again on her pensieve, it would also be fun if she passed on the memories to her children. Well, that's if she was comfortable enough to produce him a heir.

Letting go of her sister's hand, she covered her mouth as a yawn escaped her lips. Maybe the meeting had woen her out more than she had thought. "How about we discuss everything we need to talk about tomorrow?" She asked sheepishly. "Plus, I think we all need some shut eye and call it a day. I don't know about you both, but I doubt I can process more information without my brain shutting down and collapsing." she grumbled the last part before smiling and biding them "Goodnight." Tiredly, she left the living room and into the hallway where made her way to her room, shutting the door with a soft click. Curious about what was inside, Rose turned around and immediately frowned at the sight of yellow and black. She didn't hate those colours at all, but she didn't like waking up and being reminded that she was a Hufflepuff every single day. Plus, yellow was too bright in her opinion and she'd rather have a mismatched coloured room than having anything jolly and bright. She could feel the vibration of Lady Hogwarts' chuckles as Rose closed her eyes, focusing on looking for her core. When she found the dark orb floating within her, she pushed some of her power out till the room was suffocated in dark magic, or as she liked to call it, Black Magic.

With a deep breath, she managed to slowly open her eyes and allowed her magic to explode, breaking and repairing the broken pieces into something new. She watched as shards of glass and splinted wood flew around before vanishing to either into the newly made furniture or somewhere else. As the last shards of glass was turned into a window, she tiredly smiled at the sight of her bedroom, happy of the outcome as it was what she had envisioned it to be. With as much strength she could muster, she started stripping as she made her way to her bed, where she plopped herself face first onto the bed in nothing but her undergarments, too tired to look for her clothes and change into her comfortable nightgown. She didn't give a fuck if it would become freezing in the wee hours of the morning, she needed her sleep and anyone be damn if they disturbed her. With another breath, she accepted the warm embrace of Morpheus.

TIME SKIP

It was the loud screech of an animal that woke Rose up and she burrowed her into the pillows at realization that it was now morning, letting out an annoyed groan at being disturbed from her slumber and wonderful dream. Rolling over, she stared at the ceiling with her half opened eyes before slowly pulling the covers off of her nearly naked body and sat up on the queen sized bed. After a few moments of slowly becoming aware of her surroundings, Rose managed to set her feet on the floor and stood up, making her way to the lounge chair where her clothes were laid out by, who she suspected had been, Pinky or Greenie. Smiling in gratitude and mumbling a grateful thank you, she grabbed the clothes and immediately put them on, though a bit slower than usual. With a satisfied grunt, she walked out of her room and into the hallway, shutting the door behind her quietly as she could, then made her way to the kitchens, wincing at the cold floor as her feet padded on the wooden floor/tiles.

She was worried that she was the last one up and that impression would make it seem that she was a heavy sleeper ― which she was ― and didn't want to leave such impression to anyone, wanting to at least make them think ― well, mostly Aryn (Lynn) ― that she was also an early riser yeah, sure she was). When she stepped foot into the kitchens, she grumbled at the fact that she was indeed the last one to wake, but the smell of hot chocolate with coffee was enough to sop her from snapping at anyone who asked her about something. Yes, she was fully aware that she was not a morning person and the type who needed a few cups of coffee before they were able to talk, lest you want to be at the receiving end of their wrath. Mumbling a quick "Morning." Rose made a beeline towards the table and snatched the mug of hot chocoffe up and took a grateful sip of her drink, eyeing the other occupants of the room with narrowed eyes. She wasn't sure how she currently look, but Rose knew she looked like shit.

• Aryn gave Rose a soft smile. "Mostly. I do feel a bit bad about how terrible I've been in the past towards you. I even feel a little guilty for how I treated Middleton. Not much mind you, but I figure if we're supposed to get married than I should probably attempt to be a decent woman." She muttered after running a hand through her hair. "I won't lie, I am looking quite forward to Celine's reaction when she finds out. It'll be absolutely wonderful." Aryn grinned. She knew it was petty but after everything that woman had done it would be more than worth it. Jason watched the two talking and was glad that they were at least getting along together. He was a bit worried about living with Rose and Middleton. Not so much for himself as for Aryn. She'd stayed over at his home often enough that he was used to seeing her walk around half naked but he did hope that she would have more presence of mind to not do that here. They didn't need anyone getting into any fights, mostly her and Middleton. At Rose's comments though he'd flushed slightly and shook his head. He was never going to be able to figure out the woman was he? "I won't come in unless it's absolutely necessary Rose. But I do think sleep would be good for all of us." Jason agreed.

Watching Rose make her way into her room Jason turned his attention back to Aryn. "Are you alright?" He asked concerned. He didn't know how often they'd have chances to speak with one another without the others around and he was a bit worried. There was a lot of information that they'd been given today, not to mention being uprooted to live with two people they didn't know very well. "I'll be fine Jason. It'll just take some getting used to is all." Aryn said with a light shrug as she started walking back towards her room. Jason watched her for a few moments and then grinned. "You can't walk around barely wearing anything Aryn, even if it seems private treat it like the common room!" Jason stated with a laugh. Aryn turned around and walked backwards for a moment with a grin. "You've seen me in my running outfit, most men have if they watch me run. I'm sure Middleton will be able to handle it just fine Jason." She laughed as she walked into her room and shut the door.

Grabbing an oversized tee shirt she quickly changed into it, not bothering with pants or shorts at all. Looking around her room she was a bit disappointed by the coloring options but was too worn out to attempt to deal with it at this current time. She noticed a few pieces of furniture and her clothes were in the dresser with the picture of her mum on top but it wasn't the same and she resolved to adjust it the next morning. Removing her new ring she sat it down on her night table along with the other necklace still in the box, taking off her necklace with her almost engagement ring and placing it beside the other. "God I miss you. Especially at times like today. You always used to be able to make me smile without even realizing it and now I'm supposed to marry someone that is nothing like you. Why me?" She muttered as she fell back on the pillow and put a hand over her face to finally fall asleep.

Jason walked into his own room and picked up the book he'd been reading. He knew he needed to get some sleep, he was exhausted, but he was too worked up about the information he'd gotten. Even though he was staying calm and attempting to keep everything in stride it wasn't as easy as he had hoped it might be. Getting married wasn't something he'd thought he'd have to worry about just yet, not when he'd turned seventeen a short while ago. It wasn't that he had a problem with Rose, he just didn't know her well enough to know if this would work out or be an absolute disaster. Not to mention the prophecy. From the sounds of it Rose was going to be tempted to turn to darkness and he was supposed to prevent her from doing that. While he could be romantic he didn't know what kinds of things Rose enjoyed and he would need to know that to be able to figure out how best to court her. He didn't want to get her a gift if she wasn't even going to enjoy it, that would be pointless. After a short while of reading he changed into pajamas and fell asleep to wait for the next morning.
  • The next morning Aryn's internal alarm went off like it always did at dawn for her to go on her morning run. Rolling over in bed she caught sight of the darkness still outside and sat up slowly as she rubbed at her eyes, she didn't want to go running but she also didn't want to get out of shape. Not to mention running helped her to focus and she needed that focus at the present time. Especially with everything that was going on. Tossing the blankets off of herself she swung her legs off the bed and grabbed the necklace and her ring, putting them both on quickly she got up and rummaged around for her running shorts and a red sports bra. Looking at herself in the mirror she sighed as she pulled the bandage off the wound. It was still slightly red and puffy but she would be able to deal with that later. Her abdomen was toned but didn't have a six pack as she'd always thought she wouldn't look good with that and while she wasn't very vain she still took pride in her body. Pulling her mass of curls up into a ponytail she pulled her tennis shoes on and quietly left the room and their new dorm as she made her way outside to go on her regular morning run.

Stretching when she got outside she thought about the things she needed to figure out. First of which—how she was going to be able to stand Middleton courting her. She understood they needed to get along but it was going to be hard to let old habits die down. Starting her run she made her first lap around the lake and noticed that some people were starting to make their way out to the lake to either watch or do their homework. It was usually a toss up and since she didn't want to get into a fight this morning she ended her run early and jogged her way back up to their new living quarters. Her hands on her head she walked inside after giving the password and looked around. It seemed like no one else was awake yet, which was refreshing, and she walked to the bathroom to take a shower. As she stepped inside she let the hot water fall down her shoulders and back as she tried to think of anything other than what she was doing today. She also had some potions homework she had to do and even if they got the week off she'd still need to stay caught up during classes.

Stepping out of the shower she wrapped a towel around herself and then sighed. Out of habit she hadn't brought any clothes with her, the girls dorms were connected to the girls bathrooms so it had never been a big deal. Looking at herself in the mirror she shrugged. The towel covered more of her than her running outfit did so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Walking out of the bathroom she started making her way back to her room and caught sight of Hadrian walking by in a pair of sweats. She had to admit that he was a very attractive man and his body was not bad to look at but that wasn't what contributed to her decisions. Getting inside her room she dried off and pulled on a new pair of running shorts and the first shirt she grabbed, it didn't quite cover her stomach but she didn't care, she didn't plan on leaving the dorms today since she knew how to cook. Speaking of cooking, she needed to eat some actual food. Leaving her dark mass of curls down around her shoulders she took a deep breath and made her way out to the living area. Walking into the kitchen she saw Middleton with a cup of coffee and grabbed one for her, taking a sip of it as she waited for everyone else to come in, staying silent since she had no idea what to say.
  • Jason woke up the next morning as the sun was coming through his window. Rolling over he knew that he needed to get up but he'd never been much of an early riser but he knew if Aryn was awake already with Middleton she'd come in and wake him up unpleasantly. He didn't much want that either. Detangling himself from the blankets he got up slowly and pulled on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. He didn't have plans to go anywhere else but he also knew that if Aryn needed space he'd be the one having to go with her most likely. Looking around his room he grabbed the book he'd been reading and walked out into the living area with it, seeing Aryn and Middleton in the kitchen with cups of what smelled like coffee. Middleton was shirtless and Aryn was wearing clothes not exactly appropriate either. Shaking his head he grabbed a cup of coffee and made his way over to the couch, opening his book as he sat down and read it. "Aryn, what happened to wearing clothes?" He asked absently after a few minutes.

Aryn looked over at him and then down at herself. "I'm wearing some. It's better than what I'd normally wear." Aryn replied with a shrug. When Rose came in, Jason sat his book down and gave her a smile, it didn't seem like she was much of a morning person either which was refreshing. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to get married to someone who was a morning person, he would most likely go insane. "Morning Rose." Jason said as Aryn looked at the four of them and then grabbed eggs out of the fridge with some bacon. "Do you guys want something to eat?" She asked calmly as she moved around Middleton to find some pans to cook with. Jason looked over at her. "I'll take some." "Overeasy or scrambled?" She asked absently. "Nevermind." She said giving him a grin. She looked over at Rose then and gave her a smile. "Morning. I can cook so just let me know what you'd like. It's actually something I enjoy." Jason watched as Aryn looked up at Middleton then. "Same goes for you..Hadrian. I can cook something for you if you want."

Shaking his head Jason looked over at Rose. "I'm not much of a morning person so please excuse me if I don't talk much." He explained. He didn't want her to get the wrong idea but he really just wanted to stay curled up by the fireplace and read his book until he was completely awake. Taking another sip of his coffee he rubbed one of his eyes absently.

Aryn gave Rose a soft smile. "Mostly. I do feel a bit bad about how terrible I've been in the past towards you. I even feel a little guilty for how I treated Middleton. Not much mind you, but I figure if we're supposed to get married than I should probably attempt to be a decent woman." She muttered after running a hand through her hair. "I won't lie, I am looking quite forward to Celine's reaction when she finds out. It'll be absolutely wonderful." Aryn grinned. She knew it was petty but after everything that woman had done it would be more than worth it. Jason watched the two talking and was glad that they were at least getting along together. He was a bit worried about living with Rose and Middleton. Not so much for himself as for Aryn. She'd stayed over at his home often enough that he was used to seeing her walk around half naked but he did hope that she would have more presence of mind to not do that here. They didn't need anyone getting into any fights, mostly her and Middleton. At Rose's comments though he'd flushed slightly and shook his head. He was never going to be able to figure out the woman was he? "I won't come in unless it's absolutely necessary Rose. But I do think sleep would be good for all of us." Jason agreed.

Watching Rose make her way into her room Jason turned his attention back to Aryn. "Are you alright?" He asked concerned. He didn't know how often they'd have chances to speak with one another without the others around and he was a bit worried. There was a lot of information that they'd been given today, not to mention being uprooted to live with two people they didn't know very well. "I'll be fine Jason. It'll just take some getting used to is all." Aryn said with a light shrug as she started walking back towards her room. Jason watched her for a few moments and then grinned. "You can't walk around barely wearing anything Aryn, even if it seems private treat it like the common room!" Jason stated with a laugh. Aryn turned around and walked backwards for a moment with a grin. "You've seen me in my running outfit, most men have if they watch me run. I'm sure Middleton will be able to handle it just fine Jason." She laughed as she walked into her room and shut the door.

Grabbing an oversized tee shirt she quickly changed into it, not bothering with pants or shorts at all. Looking around her room she was a bit disappointed by the coloring options but was too worn out to attempt to deal with it at this current time. She noticed a few pieces of furniture and her clothes were in the dresser with the picture of her mum on top but it wasn't the same and she resolved to adjust it the next morning. Removing her new ring she sat it down on her night table along with the other necklace still in the box, taking off her necklace with her almost engagement ring and placing it beside the other. "God I miss you. Especially at times like today. You always used to be able to make me smile without even realizing it and now I'm supposed to marry someone that is nothing like you. Why me?" She muttered as she fell back on the pillow and put a hand over her face to finally fall asleep.

Jason walked into his own room and picked up the book he'd been reading. He knew he needed to get some sleep, he was exhausted, but he was too worked up about the information he'd gotten. Even though he was staying calm and attempting to keep everything in stride it wasn't as easy as he had hoped it might be. Getting married wasn't something he'd thought he'd have to worry about just yet, not when he'd turned seventeen a short while ago. It wasn't that he had a problem with Rose, he just didn't know her well enough to know if this would work out or be an absolute disaster. Not to mention the prophecy. From the sounds of it Rose was going to be tempted to turn to darkness and he was supposed to prevent her from doing that. While he could be romantic he didn't know what kinds of things Rose enjoyed and he would need to know that to be able to figure out how best to court her. He didn't want to get her a gift if she wasn't even going to enjoy it, that would be pointless. After a short while of reading he changed into pajamas and fell asleep to wait for the next morning.

TIME SKIP

The next morning Aryn's internal alarm went off like it always did at dawn for her to go on her morning run. Rolling over in bed she caught sight of the darkness still outside and sat up slowly as she rubbed at her eyes, she didn't want to go running but she also didn't want to get out of shape. Not to mention running helped her to focus and she needed that focus at the present time. Especially with everything that was going on. Tossing the blankets off of herself she swung her legs off the bed and grabbed the necklace and her ring, putting them both on quickly she got up and rummaged around for her running shorts and a red sports bra. Looking at herself in the mirror she sighed as she pulled the bandage off the wound. It was still slightly red and puffy but she would be able to deal with that later. Her abdomen was toned but didn't have a six pack as she'd always thought she wouldn't look good with that and while she wasn't very vain she still took pride in her body. Pulling her mass of curls up into a ponytail she pulled her tennis shoes on and quietly left the room and their new dorm as she made her way outside to go on her regular morning run.

Stretching when she got outside she thought about the things she needed to figure out. First of which—how she was going to be able to stand Middleton courting her. She understood they needed to get along but it was going to be hard to let old habits die down. Starting her run she made her first lap around the lake and noticed that some people were starting to make their way out to the lake to either watch or do their homework. It was usually a toss up and since she didn't want to get into a fight this morning she ended her run early and jogged her way back up to their new living quarters. Her hands on her head she walked inside after giving the password and looked around. It seemed like no one else was awake yet, which was refreshing, and she walked to the bathroom to take a shower. As she stepped inside she let the hot water fall down her shoulders and back as she tried to think of anything other than what she was doing today. She also had some potions homework she had to do and even if they got the week off she'd still need to stay caught up during classes.

Stepping out of the shower she wrapped a towel around herself and then sighed. Out of habit she hadn't brought any clothes with her, the girls dorms were connected to the girls bathrooms so it had never been a big deal. Looking at herself in the mirror she shrugged. The towel covered more of her than her running outfit did so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Walking out of the bathroom she started making her way back to her room and caught sight of Hadrian walking by in a pair of sweats. She had to admit that he was a very attractive man and his body was not bad to look at but that wasn't what contributed to her decisions. Getting inside her room she dried off and pulled on a new pair of running shorts and the first shirt she grabbed, it didn't quite cover her stomach but she didn't care, she didn't plan on leaving the dorms today since she knew how to cook. Speaking of cooking, she needed to eat some actual food. Leaving her dark mass of curls down around her shoulders she took a deep breath and made her way out to the living area. Walking into the kitchen she saw Middleton with a cup of coffee and grabbed one for her, taking a sip of it as she waited for everyone else to come in, staying silent since she had no idea what to say.

Jason woke up the next morning as the sun was coming through his window. Rolling over he knew that he needed to get up but he'd never been much of an early riser but he knew if Aryn was awake already with Middleton she'd come in and wake him up unpleasantly. He didn't much want that either. Detangling himself from the blankets he got up slowly and pulled on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. He didn't have plans to go anywhere else but he also knew that if Aryn needed space he'd be the one having to go with her most likely. Looking around his room he grabbed the book he'd been reading and walked out into the living area with it, seeing Aryn and Middleton in the kitchen with cups of what smelled like coffee. Middleton was shirtless and Aryn was wearing clothes not exactly appropriate either. Shaking his head he grabbed a cup of coffee and made his way over to the couch, opening his book as he sat down and read it. "Aryn, what happened to wearing clothes?" He asked absently after a few minutes.

Aryn looked over at him and then down at herself. "I'm wearing some. It's better than what I'd normally wear." Aryn replied with a shrug. When Rose came in, Jason sat his book down and gave her a smile, it didn't seem like she was much of a morning person either which was refreshing. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to get married to someone who was a morning person, he would most likely go insane. "Morning Rose." Jason said as Aryn looked at the four of them and then grabbed eggs out of the fridge with some bacon. "Do you guys want something to eat?" She asked calmly as she moved around Middleton to find some pans to cook with. Jason looked over at her. "I'll take some." "Overeasy or scrambled?" She asked absently. "Nevermind." She said giving him a grin. She looked over at Rose then and gave her a smile. "Morning. I can cook so just let me know what you'd like. It's actually something I enjoy." Jason watched as Aryn looked up at Middleton then. "Same goes for you..Hadrian. I can cook something for you if you want."

Shaking his head Jason looked over at Rose. "I'm not much of a morning person so please excuse me if I don't talk much." He explained. He didn't want her to get the wrong idea but he really just wanted to stay curled up by the fireplace and read his book until he was completely awake. Taking another sip of his coffee he rubbed one of his eyes absently.

• Love

• @lauranatink

• Rose turned to look a her sister when she was addressed, frowning at the sudden question of what she wanted. Usually that was an easy thing to answer, but since she still hadn't had her fifth cup of chocoffee and wasn't fully awake, she did what she always did with Hadrian every morning. "Fuck off." She grumbled grumpily, tapping the rim of the mug with her index finger and looked down on the mug, sighing happily as it was immediately refilled. She hadn't meant what she said, it was just involuntary, being so used to having her friend making her breakfast that she hadn't considered about how her sister would feel about it. Not knowing what to do, she turned her head to face Hadrian, eyes pleading for help. Said man blinked once, twice, then thrice, hoping that what he had heard had only been a trick of his mind. There was no way, in seven hells, he had heard Townsend/Snape call him by his first name. Dear Merlin, if what he heard was true, then he was surely going to floo Rita Skeeter as soon as possible, because he was damn sure that what he had witnessed was a either bloody miracle or a bloody mistake. Snapping out of his shock, he stared at the Gryffindor suspiciously, confused and curious as to what had happened to the woman he knew, and to the person she was replaced with. Taking pity on Rose, he sighed. "Translated to: I want bacon, egg, garlic bread, hash browns, sausages and more bacon."

Shooting an unimpressed look at Rose, he sat down on one of the stools, placing his mug on the table as his hand unconsciously ran through his hair, making it more messier than it already was. "How do I know? That's easy. I've known her long enough to know what her mood currently is and what she needs. Plus, the fact that I cook her breakfast whenever I stay over at their manor, helps. Rose has this thing where what she eats and demands for depends on her mood and feelings. And she isn't a morning person, so don't get too affected when she snaps at you suddenly." Hadrian explained when he saw the hurt look that crossed Townsend/Snape's face. He was used to this by now and he prayed to Mother Magic and Death that the other two survive Rose's sudden snapping attitude, sudden change of emotions, teasing and lewd comments, because the last ones who got too close enough had ran away with their tails between their legs, having been scared away by her. "I'll have an omelet, french toasts, sliced and fried potato chips and quite an amount of bacon.....Aryn." The way Townsend/Snape's name rolled off his tongue sounded so foreign and weird, yet at the same time easy, which of course made him grimace at the thought. Oh well, at least they were staring off somewhere in good terms, even if it was first name basis.

As Rose took another sip of her drink, she was now on her fourth cup and was feeling a bit more better. Sitting down on the chair opposite to Hadrian, she put down her mug, staring in bewilderment at the sudden exchange of names between the two ultimate rivals and the sudden conversation between them. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you." she apologized, head bowed down as she stared at the table. It was too soon and she had expected that it would be Hadrian screwing things up, but then her own luck just had to jump onto the opportunity and destroy the slowly, budding friendship she had with Aryn.

• Love
Jason looked over at Rose as she responded to Aryn and smiled to himself. At least he wouldn't be the only one that wasn't much of a morning person. Finishing his coffee he continued reading his book until he heard all the food that Rose and Middleton were asking for, not to mention Middleton using Aryn's first name. He looked over at Aryn to see if she needed help and was given a small shake of the head. Turning his attention back to Rose he gave her a smile. "Don't worry about it. I'm not much of a morning person and Aryn's fairly used to being snapped at by people in the morning since she's an early riser." Jason told Rose reassuringly. He wasn't entirely sure how to react around them after the news from the previous night but he did know that they would all have to learn how to get used to one another and since he finished his book he brought one leg up onto the chair and set his chin on it as he let his eyes wander the kitchen. "There's nothing wrong with using your magic by the way." He shot over at Aryn who just glared at him as she grabbed the ingredients she would need for everyone out of the fridge.

Tilting her head slightly she thought over everything she was going to be making and decided one at a time would be slightly easier. "I'm well aware there is nothing wrong with using my magic Jason, but I enjoy cooking without it." Aryn said as she shut the door to the refrigerator with her hip. Cutting a loaf of bread in half she mixed a garlic mixture and spread it along one end before throwing it into the oven for a few minutes to cook. She then took four potatoes, shredding two of them for hashbrowns, and slicing the other two for potato chips. Putting those in the fryer she then made the bacon and sausage before finally making the eggs. "And Jason's right, it's fine Rose. I won't be offended if you're a bit rough around the edges. It's not like I'm exactly a poster child for having a sweet nature." Aryn said smiling at Rose reassuringly. Jason looked at everything Aryn was making and sighed. "Make yourself food too Aryn." He told her. He then looked at Middleton and Rose. "She will skip meals when she's frustrated, upset, or thinking too much. It's not a good idea for her to do it too long though, her body shuts down because of all the energy she expends." He sighed. Aryn glared at Jason and made herself a few eggs as well. When the bacon and sausage was done she took the garlic bread out of the oven and dished up everyone's food. Passing it out she sat her own plate down and then grabbed herself some orange juice along with the salt and pepper which she set at the table along with the extra bacon she'd made since Rose and Hadrian seemed to like bacon quite a bit from what she gathered. "I don't know how everyone likes their food so if you don't like something, don't worry about offending me." Aryn told them.

Eating a few bites of his food he gave Aryn a smile. "Thanks, Aryn." Aryn shrugged and ate her own food, she loved cooking. It gave her something to do and she thought she was decent enough at it so it wasn't a problem at all. She was still trying to get used to being civil to Middleon and having a sister. Although the sister part was something she was excited to see how it goes. Thinking of sisters she thought of Celine and a huge smile broke out across her face. "Am I an absolutely terrible person for looking forward to Celine's reaction when she finds out about you and I?" She asked as she brought her emerald eyes up to look at Hadrian. "I do want to get her back a bit more than the broken nose. Especially since it would've healed by now." She muttered as she rubbed at her side. Jason, noticing, leaned over and lifted her shirt slightly to look at the wound and saw that it was still red and puffy. "Why haven't you healed that yet you dumbass." Jason muttered as Aryn swatted at his hand. "You do know that you're betrothed to my sister right?" She said with a small grin. "I've tried healing it, she used some spell I'm not familiar with and it's always harder to heal myself when it's dark magic. It doesn't hurt that bad anymore and it'll be gone after a while so I'm just leaving it for now." She shrugged.

Jason sighed and shook his head. "I'm aware." He told her in response to her comment about his and Rose's new relationship with one another. "It's not like I was stripping you and you show more skin than that when you run." He shook his head. Aryn raised an eyebrow. "I would hope you wouldn't think it's alright to do that to women." She teased. Jason threw a piece of bacon at her. "I have more manners than that. Stop being an idiot. It's too early in the morning for it." Jason growled. He opened his mouth to respond when he noticed a small bulletin board on the wall with a piece of parchment on it. Walking over to it he read through it quickly and let out a small relieved sigh. "We don't have to attend classes for the week. Professor's will be sending assignments over throughout the day so we stay caught up though." Jason told the others as he walked back over to sit down. He didn't know how best to start the conversation about everything that happened the day before, not to mention he wasn't sure him and Rose were quite awake enough for it so he decided to wait until everyone was done eating.

• @lauranatink

• Rose stared at the food laid in front of her in shock, impressed that Aryn was able to cook and serve their breakfast in the matter of minutes, without even using magic! And she hadn't even broke a sweat while doing so. Quite smugly, she turned to look at Hadrian, raising a curious brow when she saw a flash of irritation cross his face, but soon had masked up his expression and caught her smug look. Said man rolled his eyes as he took a potato chip and popped it into his mouth with a grumble. He did see it as a challenge as he was also a cook, but that didn't mean that their competitiveness was also going to be brought into the kitchens, it was just too petty, even for him and he was even planning to cook tomorrow's breakfast. No, really, he truly did want to cook and it had nothing to do with how he wanted to prove himself, not at all. At the sudden question aimed at him, Hadrian snorted in amusement. "No, not at all. And you aren't the only one looking forward to that day. I'd like to see how many shades of red she can turn into before exploding and begging Charlus to call off our betrothal." His amusement only lasted a few minutes before it was replaced with a slight, concerned frown. There was no magic in the world that he had heard of that could not be healed, and if he didn't know any, how in Merlin's blue pants was Celine able to get her filthy hands on such thing? Unless.....she had read it from someone who owned a very dark book. "How the hell were you not able to sense your own spell?" He suddenly blurted out before clamping his mouth shut as soon as he realized what he had said. "I should have not said that."

Rose froze, spoon hovering just inches away from her mouth, brain slowly processing what Hadrian had just said. That.....that was ridiculous! Celine couldn't be able to have her journal in her possession, it was warded by the darkest wards she could find and think off, making it near impossible to be snatch up by some stupid bitch such as her. "She's too bovine to destroy the wards, it'll take more than two years of collecting dark books to find the correct counter spell." she growled, slamming the spoon down on her half finished breakfast as she abruptly stood up, her chair falling over backward and clattering to the floor. Rose strode over to her sister, her hands balled into fists, green eyes turning into pitch black. How dare she ― how dare she use her own creation on her sister! If Celine truly did have her journal, then that bloody bint should've known what it could do to a person! Stopping beside Lynn ― no, Jason ― she knelt down and observed the wound, snarling when she confirmed that it was indeed her own spell that had caused it. "Peredopenite." she clarified, placing both hands on the red and puffy skin. "Quite obvious of her to use it when it means destroy inwardly. But thanks to.....Jason, I can fix this." she forced explained through gritted teeth.

Reigning back her anger, she relinquished her hold on her magic, sighing in relief at the weight that vanished from her core. Rose willed her magic and watched as the black mist that surrounded her moved as if it were truly alive. Slowly, the mist created sharp tendrils and in a blink of an eye, it immediately struck at the wound Aryn held and carried. She didn't know if the others could see what she was doing or what was destroying the curse, but she was damn sure that her sister was in an amount of pain, seeing as those with (very) light cores could never handle dark magic even if it were meant for healing. "Almost done. I just need to get rid of another thread." Rose mumbled absently, squinting at the dark violet thread that intertwined with Aryn's normal, blinding white aura. It was a strong spell, that was for sure, but she couldn't place what kind of spell it was, though by the looks of it, it was a dark one. Without a thought about the consequences, she ripped the thread away and proceeded to destroy it till there was nothing left. "All fixed. But I suggest that you don't cast anything until later this evening, I want to make sure that what I got rid off has no lasting effects on you."

At the sudden mention of their week leave from classes, Rose stood from where she once crouched, turning to face Hadrian with a glare. "You are going to get me inside the Slytherin Common room and into the girls dorm." she ordered, taking a step towards said man with every word she said. "Why not in the Great Hall? Wouldn't it make things more interesting for everyone and help you expel Celine from Hogwarts if the Headmistress found out about what she did to your sister?" Hadrian asked deviously with a smirk. It was more of a suggestion, but knowing his friend, she would take it literally and do just that, thinking of the consequence after doing said suggestion, providing more entertainment in his life than anyone could. Before he could even open his mouth to utter a single word, he was grabbed by the arm and dragged out of the kitchen and quarters, and into the cold dungeons of Hogwarts ― he was surprised that the Headmistress considered the dungeons to be a perfect place to live in ― only half naked from waist up. "Bloody hell, Rose! You could have at least allowed me to grab a shirt. It's fucking freezing!" he whined, hissing with every step he took, feet padding against the cold stones of Hogwarts. He wasn't sure if Town ― Aryn and Jason were following, but he made sure to annoy Rose with all his complaining till they reached the Great Hall.

• Love
Aryn flashed a smile at Hadrian. At least they agreed on one thing, but then he mentioned something that obviously made Rose upset and Aryn turned to look at her sister. As Rose strode over, obviously angry, she held still. Not out of fear or worry but because she recognized the look in her face and knew that she needed to hold her thoughts and allow Rose to process and do what she needed to on her own. She wasn't worried about being hurt by her sister, even if they'd only found out about the relationship the previous day. Hearing she could fix the wound she opened her mouth to say it wasn't necessary but then hissed at the pain she felt from the black tendrils. Clenching her fist she focused her eyes on the table in front of her and forced her breathing to be regular to fight through the pain. Jumping as she ripped away the thread to destroy it Aryn just nodded at Rose's words about not casting anything until later. That wouldn't be a problem. She could get around without magic easy enough and she continued her breathing exercises as the pain slowly faded. "Thanks Rose." She told her sister. She wasn't sure she heard however as she was then demanding Hadrian take her to the Slytherin Common Room and the girls dorm, she assumed to have a few words with Celine. As much as Aryn would love that she also thought that it would be a bad idea to rile up the other woman too much while the four of them were still trying to adjust to everything.

Jason had watched in fascination as Rose seemed to heal Aryn. He wasn't able to see what she'd done but he could feel the magic in the room and could see the pain on Aryn's face. He didn't quite like that but he understood pain was sometimes necessary for healing. He'd had to set a few bones over the summer when they were unable to use magic after all. But then Rose was dragging Hadrian out of their new dorms and Jason felt a bit bad for the guy. "Accio shirt." Jason said lifting his wand in the air as he and Aryn followed Hadrian and Rose towards the Great Hall. Grabbing the shirt out of the air Jason tossed it at Hadrian's head. "That's no fun," Aryn muttered just loud enough for Hadrian to hear. She honestly didn't mind the view. He wasn't bad to look at after all. Jason just shook his head and took a few longer strides so he was beside Rose. Debating using his calming magic he decided against it. They all hated Celine for various reasons and he was fairly upset that dark magic had been used on his best friend. "If it looks like you're going to lash out with your magic I'll probably try to stop you. I don't want you getting expelled because of your anger, if I can calm down one sister I should be able to calm down the other. Especially when she'll be my wife someday." Jason told her. At least he was telling her what he'd do so there would be absolutely no surprises. He looked over at Aryn then. "Also you, stay by Hadrian so you don't go breaking anymore of her bones. This time let Rose stand up for you. You're known for your temper and standing up for others if they're wronged, it'll have a bigger impact if you make people realize you're standing beside her and allowing her to go forward instead of just letting your temper fly."

Aryn gave Jason a level look and then sighed. "Yeah yeah I'll keep my temper in check." Aryn muttered as they walked into the Great Hall. Staying beside Hadrian like she'd been told she saw most eyes automatically turning to focus on the four of them. It wasn't unusually to see Aryn and Jason together or Rose and Hadrian together but to see the four of them together was extremely abnormal. Unless Aryn and Hadrian were exchanging insults that is but add on her and Hadrian's current attire and that Aryn was walking beside him without any outward signs of anger and everyone was curious as to what had happened. As they got closer to the Slytherin table she looked over at Rose and reached out a hand, squeezing hers gently before pulling back entirely. If nothing else Aryn could understand anger and the want to protect family. Standing in front of Celine though Aryn tilted her head. The woman was staring at Hadrian with an obvious sign of desire in her eyes and she looked over at Jason with a mischievous smile. Jason just sighed and nodded. While Aryn knew that Celine would be taken care of by Rose that didn't mean she didn't want to have at least a little fun with the blasted woman. To the shock of everyone at the Slytherin table, and most of the rest of the room, she took a step closer to Hadrian and took his hand, lacing their fingers. She was sure she could've done something more drastic but without Hadrian's permission she wasn't about to do too much. He was supposed to be the one courting her after all.

"What the hell are you doing Townsend?" Celine hissed as she stood up. Aryn really hated being shorter than that woman, she didn't much like that she had to look up at her. But she tilted her head innocently and gave Celine an oh so sweet smile. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just standing here, with my best friend, sister, and my betrothed is all." Aryn said sweetly and quietly. That got an immediate reaction from Celine who turned red in anger. "What do you mean betrothed?!" She screeched. "Bloody hell woman, moderate your tone do you want us all to go deaf?" Aryn asked adding fuel to the fire. It was fun and she leaned her head against Hadrian's arm innocently. "I mean that as Firstborn daughter of the Noble House of Prince I and Hadrian, Firstborn son of the Noble House of Middleton, are to be married. But right now, I'm not the biggest of your concerns. My sister is." Aryn informed Celine as she looked over at Rose. "No! You can't possibly be marrying a woman like her!" Apparently Celine wasn't going to give up as now she was directing her attention to Hadrian and ignoring everything else that had been said, and Rose. Jason felt that was probably the stupidest decision Celine could make at this point.

• Love

• @lauranatink

• He had thought that by now he would have gotten used to being dragged around like a doll, having been around both Augustine girls back since they were still in their nappies. But given his past luck, he was not often wrong about some things. Snatching the shirt that was thrown on his head, Hadrian shot a halfhearted glare at Jason, grateful and annoyed that he had something to cover up the upper half of his body. At the sudden comment from Aryn, he turned to stare at her, a slight smug smirk gracing his lips. Rose, not quite liking Hadrian's smugness, pulled his arm roughly. Not caring that others were trying to catch up with her pace and calm her down, she stomped into the Great Hall, releasing her hold on Hadrian, eyes sweeping around the room with a glare. All heads turned from their current interest and onto the four of them, probably curious as to why they were in their sleeping attire and not in uniform. Turning to Jason, she gave him an overly sweet smile. "I appreciate the warning, love tart, but I don't you have enough to stop me. Though, I can promise that I won't hurt her." After a few broken bones and a bloody face. She thought darkly with a snarl. Grassy green met with disgusting brown-green (that oddly reminded her of shit), and that was enough for her to walk over to the Slytherin table, but the hand that reassuringly squeezed hers was enough for Rose to calm down. She wasn't about to scare away her newly found sister, and if that meant not beating the fuck out of Celine, then so be it.

Hadrian was used to the staring by now, but the fact that he was half naked from the waist up and with Aryn beside him with clothes that showed too much skin was to say, strange. Though, that didn't stop him from feeling smug at the desired and lustful looks he was receiving from both genders who were in different houses. His smug look was quickly wiped off at the sudden movement of Aryn, who innocently intertwined their fingers together. He stared at their hands, startled at their sudden outing to the entire school population ― which he knew would immediately spread out in both the Wizengamot and Ministry by either lunch or dinner ― and confused as what to do next. But as it would seem that someone had heard his pleas', Celine spoke up in anger. "What the hell are you doing Townsend?" Ah, so that's what Aryn was planning. Getting the spoiled wench all riled up to only make a fool of herself, which she already was and everyone was just tolerating her. There was a bitter and disappointed part of himself yelling at the back of his mind that he was just being used for entertainment, but he chose to push it aside for his own pleasure. As the two women interacted in front of him, he let go of Aryn's hand in favour of putting on the shirt Jason had given him. Now, don't get him wrong. He loved and bask under the attention, but he was bloody freezing and it was too early for shit to hit the fan as the muggles would say.

"No! You can't possibly be marrying a woman like her!" Hadrian raised a brow at that, tilting his head to the side in mock confusion. "Of course not," His hand reached over for Aryn's, intertwining their fingers together once more as he scoffed at the ridiculous question. At the sighed relief from Celine, he then added, "Isn't it painfully obvious? I'm marrying Jason." he pointed at said man, then at the shirt that he just noticed wasn't his, which made things much more easier. "He even made sure I wore his shirt today after a long long night in bed. Possessive bastard he is. Anyone who looked closely would find Jason fit and bloody well hot ― which he is, and more so without any clothes on, that I assure you. Must I list every single thing I like about that man? I don't think so, but he does have a magnificent cock. And those fingers! Bloody hell, they know just the right spots to hit that could turn anyone into a puddle of goo." He faked sighed wistfully with a slight glazed look. Shaking his head, he frowned. "I admit that I've been having an affair with Aryn behind my beloved's back despite the spectacular sex I receive every night," He shot Jason an apologetic look before continuing. "but I am NOT marrying Aryn, just making her LADY Middleton."

Rose watched in interest as Celine turned even redder.....wait, no, she meant purple. The bloody bint was going to explode from the lack of air she wasn't breathing in and she was going to bet thirty galleons that it would only take a few more minutes. "What would a parentless mudblood have that I don't? Just looking at her makes it obvious that she has troll blood in her. I mean just look at her! Disgusting, pathetic, worthless, and to top it off, bloody well hideous! She could even be as dry as the Sahara Desert and wouldn't be able to bare you any children! She doesn't have what it takes to be Lady Middleton!" Celine nearly screamed in frustration and that was enough to snap the last thread of self control Rose had with the bitch. Without hesitation, she lunged and straight out punch Celine in the face, who in shock and still processing, did nothing to defend herself.....yet. "You son of a bitch! How dare you speak to my sister that way after what you've done?! Do you even know what that spell could do? Oh wait, you don't! I forgot how pitiful that brain of yours is, unable to even think rationally before spreading your damn legs for anyone with two legs and a cock! I should sue you off of your money for harming my sister and the heir of a Noble and Ancient House! Or maybe two years in Azkaban would seem fit? Then perhaps you could finally learn your lesson, you fucking hippogriff shit!"

She could vaugely feel hands pulling her off of Celine, who in return was pulling her hair. All of the hatred she held for that bint came surfacing above all emotions, fueling her fury even more than she had thought. All she saw was red. She couldn't feel or hear anything besides the ringing in her ear and her beating heart. The way it thumped loud and hard against her ribs, as if any moment it would rip her apart and jump out to escape from everything. Everything was red. So so red. The same shade of red that she remembered ― yet didn't ― that held so much power and malevolence during her nightmares. Watching and calculating her every move, as if he had a planned all laid out just for her to choose. It made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up and a shiver would go down her spine. Made the bile from her stomach rise up from all the torturing she was forced to watch. And, and what the hell was that tingling sensation?

• Love
Aryn wasn't sure who was more surprised by Hadrian's words. Aryn, Celine, or Jason but at least Aryn and Jason knew well enough to keep their faces neutral. Jason crossed his arms as he looked over at Hadrian for a moment after he gave him an apologetic look and couldn't help but smile on the inside. It was hilarious, the fact that Celine was buying any of this. Jason hadn't been in a relationship with many people over the years but he didn't think people would accept that he'd be in a relationship with Hadrian. Although, it wasn't like people would expect to see Aryn holding any man's hand, much less the Prince of Slytherin's. Not after the history the two of them had. He stayed silent through the exchange however, his gaze roaming from Aryn to Rose to make sure that of their two tempers he was able to at least help one of them. He just hoped that Hadrian would be smart enough to not let a full out brawl happen with all three women. Regardless of how most of the men in the room would appreciate that. Especially with Aryn showing so much skin already. Letting his eyes roam the rest of the Great Hall he saw that he was now getting quite a few considering looks from people of both genders and he shifted his weight slightly from one foot to the other. He was not as used to being the center of attention as Aryn and Hadrian may be. Even with the fights he was mostly noticed after the fact as pulling Aryn off. Not for his looks. "He took Townsend to bed? Nice!" Came a voice from the Slytherin table. Aryn rolled her eyes. "Okay so just because I don't take any of you to bed doesn't mean I've never been in a man's bed." Aryn shot over at them. Alright, she hadn't been but they didn't need to hear that.

Aryn's hand tightened around Hadrian's as Celine started talking again and she pulled her hand out of his to take a step forward when Rose was already there. Her eyes widened slightly and she clenched her fists. She knew that Rose had more of a right to fight against Celine but then Jason was there and pulling Rose off of Celine with the same skill he used when she was in a fight. Seeing Celine pulling Rose's hair however, Aryn stepped in and took one of her fingers, pulling it back until she let go and stood between Celine and Rose for the moment as Jason pulled Celine into his arms and closed his eyes to reach into his magical core as he slowly brought his magic out and focused on trying to send a sense of calm over Rose. She knew he would need time so she gave Celine a sweet smile. "What the hell is she saying calling you her sister?" Oh, so the bimbo actually did pay some sort of attention did she? "Rose and I recently found out that the two of us are twin sisters. As a result, not only did you harm the firstborn daughter of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Prince but you also harmed another daughter of the same House. Now, I may not know all the intricacies when it comes to what pureblood families are or are not supposed to do to one another but I'm pretty damn sure that you are screwed." Aryn looked over her shoulder at Jason and Rose and wondered if she was okay.

"T-that's not possible. You can't be sisters, you're parentless. Your father abandoned you and your mother died." Celine spouted but looked worried. Aryn felt her temper rising and kept her hands clenched but her arms loose at her sides as she took a step back to keep herself under control. She may not know much but she did know that a Lady from any house was probably not supposed to lose her temper and get into fistfights all over the place. This would be good practice. "Our father was Severus Snape." Aryn informed Celine, watching as the woman's face paled. "My mother—the woman who raised me—was one of the best women and witches I've known and you will never talk about her again. You will stay the hell away from Rose, Jason, Hadrian, and me. Jason and Hadrian aren't interested in taking you to bed. They never have been, and never will be. So back off." Aryn said as she turned around and walked over to Rose, Jason, and Hadrian. Looking over at Hadrian she gave him a small smirk. "I feel like I should tell you that if this marriage goes through and is supposed to last, I have no intentions on sharing. Faithfulness would be the most important thing to me to make this work so tell me now if you think you'll be able to be faithful once the marriage happens."

She then turned her attention to Jason. "And you better be faithful to my sister and treat her right Jason Lynn." Aryn said smiling. "Oi! When have I ever given you the impression that I wouldn't be?" Jason muttered as he turned as attention back to Rose in his arms. "Are you calm Rose? Because it looks like the Professors are on their way over here to talk to us and I don't know what magic Celine used on Aryn so you'll have to answer those questions unless Hadrian can." Jason said quietly. "But if you want I'll hold your hand." He told her in an attempt to lighten the mood slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.