|| Welcome Home.....Oh Shit! ||

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason looked over at Hadrian with an expression of confusion and amazement at how blunt he was being. Maybe him and Aryn being in a marriage together wouldn't be as bad as he thought. The two of them had many of the same qualities, even if the two of them refused to see it. Their sexual tension was also unreal and Jason had always been a bit worried that Aryn may go a bit to far in her attempts to make Celine upset. Shaking his head he turned his attention to look at Aryn and see how she was taking the exchange. She was still angry, but she wasn't acting like herself entirely either. She was rubbing her arms as if she was cold, but that wasn't possible. She barely ever got cold. As Rose started talking Jason looked over at her and tried to wrap his head around the fact that he was supposed to marry her. He'd processed it a bit quicker than she had and her voice, holy shit he was supposed to marry her of all people? He hadn't realized that she hated him but the jealousy comment that was cut off was interesting to know. He was smirking a bit even with the screeching. Noise was something he could tune out, thankfully, because he thought that if he really had to go through with this marriage he might be hearing the shrieking fairly often. The comment about any murders caused him to have an initial flare of anger but he cooled it quickly. It wasn't like she had asked for this marriage arrangement either so he had no reason to be upset with her in regards to it. Although, flicking a glance at Hadrain he wondered how long Hadrian and Aryn would even be in the same house together before one of them killed the other.

Jason had seen Hadrian and Rose's responses to the scar's on Aryn's body and he winced. Hopefully the two would be smart enough to never bring up her scars, or if they did to not show her any pity. That was something Aryn would never forgive them for. It would seem Minister, that you're not doing your job properly. It would also seem that you've been to busy spouting about S.P.E.W when you yourself could've prevent the cause of abuse between magical children and muggles! Hadrian was now taking his own anger out on Mrs. Weasley and Jason wondered if it was going to set Aryn off again. He wasn't about to offer to help Hadrian calm down, this all needed to come out and honest, the Minister deserved it. "Unlike most muggles Mrs. Weasley, not all of them are accepting about witchcraft and magic, more so when it comes to religious people. Do you even know how it feels to be exorcised once a month? I assure you, it feels much worst than the Cruciatus Curse. Imagine your magic being stripped from you with a knife that was molten red from the intense heat it was forced into. Now imagine that same knife being inside you, slicing and stabbing at whatever it can touch, wanting an out in its cage. Isn't that such a wonderful experience? At that comment Aryn stopped rubbing her arms and looked up at Hadrian but kept her gaze neutral. She couldn't believe that someone had done that to him but she wouldn't want someone looking at her in pity so she didn't plan on looking at Hadrain that way either.

She was cold, which was strange for her but she kept rubbing her arms with her hands in an attempt to warm up. Hearing Rose's comment about making a trip to Gringott's she looked over at her in confusion. "So, we've all established we don't want to get married and we're going to listen to this bloody prophecy," Aryn started in a surprisingly calm voice. "And forgive me for sounding like an absolute idiot but I wasn't raised the way you two were. Why do we need to go to Gringotts? I don't have access to my funds, my ministry appointed handler does and I don't have any solicitors." She muttered a bit embarrassed. "There h-h-has t-t-to" Aryn stopped talking. She was shivering now and stuttering. Her eyes widened and she turned to Travis. "W-w-what d-d-did yyou do?" She tried spitting out. Jason walked over to Aryn quickly and touched her arm, she was ice cold. His eyes widened as he looked at Travis confused. "What did you do to her?" Travis sighed and shook his head. "She's the only one we were extremely worried about taking to the ministry after what she did the last time she was there. We knew she would end up losing her temper on me and then would have to heal me so we put the potion on my lips so that when she healed me it would pass to her. It only works on people like her so we knew I would be fine." Travis shrugged and then saw the look on Jason's face. "Look, you're calm I've never seen you get mad. Middleton and Augustin/Snape were raised as a Lord and Lady so they won't cause problems out in public, Aryn's the only wildcard and we had to get her under control." As he said that Aryn collapsed and was barely caught by Jason.

"So what am I supposed to do now? Carry her throughout the place? She may only be 5'4 but she's 117 pounds of deadweight right now and she's going to be pissed at whoever is carrying her when she finally wakes up." Jason told Travis as he adjusted his hold on Aryn so he was carrying her princess style as he straightened. She was ice cold to the touch. "Do you at least have a blanket for her? She's ice-cold from whatever you did and I'm not going to be the one carrying her when she wakes up." He turned to the Minister. "You didn't have to do this. Yes, Aryn has a temper but she would be able to hold onto it in public as long as no one touches her and she doesn't see that man." Mrs. Weasley looked at Jason for a moment. "We couldn't chance it since there is a possibility of that man being at the Ministry. He's the prime minister and has a meeting with me at the ministry." Jason froze at that comment and looked at her, anger flaring in his own eyes. "Then you should've told her point blank Minister. Not drugged her causing her body to shut down." Jason was angry, his best friend was now sitting in his arms out cold and would be pissed when she woke up. "Let's get this over with. How long will she be out?" Travis looked at him. "If you don't want to be the one carrying her then have her future husband do it. Let's be honest, he's probably going to want some of this potion anyway." Travis joked resulting in Jason glaring at him. "She'll be out for about twenty minutes. It should be enough to get her through the ministry at least and make sure she doesn't see him." Jason looked over at Rose and Hadrian then. "Are we all going to go together then?" He shifted his hold on Aryn again, she really wasn't light after a while and he did not want to be the one holding her when she woke up.

"Here, give her here." Travis said and Jason just looked at him. "I know the reason you and Aryn broke up, if I let you be the one carrying her then none of us would end up unscathed from her anger. If her anger sets off Middleton's what type of damage do you think the two of them could do together? Especially since everyone in this room is angry right now from marriage arrangements and a bloody prophecy?" Jason was normally calm but now he was starting to get angry on his own. "Aryn is a person, a person who's been through a hell of a lot more than she should've had to as she grew up. I don't know Middleton or Augustine well but from what I've heard and gathered over the years, and in this room today it's the same for the two of them. There must have been a better way to bring this information to the four of us and the way you and the Minister did it today was bullshit. None of them deserved this." Mrs. Weasley looked at Jason calmly. "What about you Mr. Lynn? Why are you not including yourself in that statement?" She asked. Jason looked at her. "Because I was lucky enough to be loved by my adoptive parents. Do I like this? No. I do not like the idea of someone deciding whom I would marry or that I was going to be part of some prophecy. But the reality is that even though Rose and I don't get along, it could be a whole hell of a lot worse and there has to be a way to postpone this marriage at least so it doesn't happen right now so I can even figure out how I should respond to all this information. I don't want to lose my magic but I'm also not about to attempt to force a girl to marry a guy she doesn't love. I wouldn't wish that on anyone."

• @lauranatink

• "So, we've all established we don't want to get married and we're gong to listen to this bloody prophecy," Aryn asked in a surprisingly calm tone. "And forgive me for sounding like an absolute idiot, but I wasn't raised the way you two were. Why do we need to go to Gringotts? I don't have access to my funds, my ministry appointed handler does and I don't have any solicitors." She muttered, a bit embarrassed at the fact that she had not understood, or maybe that she was not knowledgeable of the wizarding culture. Rose gave her new found sister a reassuring smile, though it quickly vanished by the time Aryn had started to shiver and stutter as she spoke. Wide eyed, the Gryffindor turned to look at Travis, eyes showing accusation. "W-w-what d-d-did y-you do?" She barely managed to spit out through her chattering teeth. Without hesitating, Rose took a step towards the other girl, but was held back by Hadrian as Jason made his way towards her sister. She watch in worry as the Ravenclaw reached out a hand to touch Aryn's forearm, only to look at the former Slytherin with wide, confused eyes."What did you do to her?" Lynn asked with a calm voice, yet the anger he was holding back was obvious. Travis only sighed and shook his head, taking a minute before he spoke out, "She's the only one we were extremely worried about taking to the ministry after what she did the last time she was there." What the bloody hell did Townsend even do to have made this situation happen? "We knew she would end up losing her temper on me and then would have to heal me, so we put the potion on my lips so that when she healed me it would pass to her. It only works on people like her, so we knew I would be fine." That, Hadrian had to admit, was the most shittiest explanation he has ever heard. What in Merlin's name were they thinking? Creating a bloody lip balm potion that would cause the receiver to experience on their soul being sucked out from their body by a bloody dementor! It was now painfully obvious that the Minister was not doing her job, at all, and the headmistress was doing nothing to stop this! Wait till his father hears about this!

"Look, you're calm, I've never seen you get mad. Middleton and Augustine/Snape were raised as a Lord and Lady, so they won't cause problems out in public, Aryn's the only wildcard and we had to get her under control." And with that being said, Townsend collapsed and was barely caught by Lynn. "So what am I supposed to do now? Carry her throughout the place? She may be 5'4" but she's 117 pounds of deadweight right now, and she's going to be pissed at whoever is carrying her when she finally wakes up." Dear Circe, was she really that troublesome even in her sleep? He watched as the other male adjusted his hold on Townsend, making him hold her princess style as he straightened up."Do you at least have a blanket for her? She's ice cold from whatever you did and I'm not going to be the one carrying her when she wakes up?." Was she really that troubling that even her best friend wouldn't want to carry her through the journey to the Ministry? "You don't have to do this. Yes, Aryn has a temper, but she would be able to hold onto it in public as no one touches her and she doesn't see that man." He hate to admit it, but Lynn had the guts. No one would be caught dead reprimanding someone with high power, especially that someone being the Minister of Magic. Both students waited as Mrs. Weasley carefully chose her next words, probably afraid of riling up the calm Ravenclaw. "We couldn't chance it since there is a possibility of that man being at the Ministry. He's the muggle Prime Minister and has a meeting with me at the Ministry." Whoever this Prime Minister was, he surely standing at the wrong side of Lynn. Said man froze at the last comment, and by the looks of it, he was furious. "Then you should've told her point blank Minister. Not drugged her, causing her body to shut down." He had a point there, and Hadrian wondered, was this enough to over throw the current Minister or would he need more? What they had done was probably illegal despite of the green light Mrs. Weasley had given. What right did they have to drug a person, more so a student?

As Travis offered to carry her sister, Rose couldn't help but raise a brow at what Lynn had said next."I know the reason why you and Aryn broke up, if I let you be the one carrying her, then none of us would end up unscathed from her anger. If her anger sets off Middleton's, what type of damage do you think the two of them could do together? Especially since everyone in this room is angry right now from the marriage arrangements and a bloody prophecy?" She took a quick look around the room, holding back a giggle. Why, yes, everyone in this room is currently angry, especially the headmistress who only looked tense. And she took quite the offence that Lynn had thought Hadrian and Aryn were the only one's who could cause much damage. Just because she was a Hufflepuff did not mean she was purely innocent, she was also able to be ferocious whenever she wants to be, thank you very much. "Aryn is a person, a person who's been through a hell of a lot more than she should've had to as she grew up. I don't know Middleton or Augustine well but from what I've heard and gathered over the years, and in this room today it's the same for the two of them. There must have been a better way to bring this information to the four of us and the way you and the Minister did it today was bullshit. None of them deserved this." And with that heart warming speech, Hadrian made his way over towards Lynn, taking the older Townsend/Snape from the other's arms. "That was heart warming and all, but we are wasting quite the time chitchatting and I doubt whatever potion you used on this Gryffindor will last long." Turning to the Minister, he glared at her, though it would've had more effect if he were not adjusting Townsend's/Snape's position in his arms, making him carry her bridal style. Silently and wandlessly, he casted a warming charm on both he and the Gryffindor in his arms. He had to admit, she was bloody cold, colder than the normal. "Why would you need a potion, are you a Mediwizard? You could've used stupefy or petrificus totalus instead. None of us know what that potion could've done to Townsend. And if anything and I mean anything happens to her, you better start praying to your god, Minister, because I swear to Mother Magic and Death that I will make your life a living hell." It came out as a hiss at the end, but who cares? If the marriage arrangement was real, then it was sure that he was going to lose his magic if the woman in his arms was going to die. And as a bright white light flashed between him and the Minster, he couldn't help the sadistic smirk that made itself know.

"Now that we've settled things, it think it's time to head out to the Ministry, don't you think?" Rose asked, clasping her hands together as sadistic glee shown in her eyes. "Of course Minister, you wouldn't let anything happen to the eldest daughter of the Noble and Ancient House of Prince, now would you? Unless of course, you wouldn't want anyone suing you for a Pureblood's or Half-blood's death? I mean, the Malfoy's did take quite the interest in taking quite the amount from your husband's family back then." She said innocently through her eyelashes. Inside, she was smirking. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity where one can openly insult the Minister. It was worth all the points that were going to be deducted later on once they returned to Hogwarts. Not everyone had the guts to insult the Minister, plus it would've been a bigger scandal if they found out about what Mrs. Wealsley had done. Perhaps she could bribe Rita Skeeter for this scandalous and juicy topic, after all, that woman did have a way with words. Turning towards the former Slytherin, she made her way towards him, a predatory smirk now on her lips. "Now, now Travis, we wouldn't want to let slip on what happened behind the door of the Senior Undersecretary now would we? It would be a shame if you lost your job because of it." She cooed sadly, caressing said man's cheek with her forefinger. Despite being a Hufflepuff, she had her ways with everyone, and it was actually quite Slytherin of her. Maybe Hadrian was rubbing off on her more than she had expected. Oh well. She watched as Travis tried to speak, but no words came out, which frighteningly, made her smirk even wider. He was furious, and it was obvious, the eyes are after all the window to your soul. "Now, Travis, control your anger. It would be ashame if my dear Hadrian and I wipe out your existance from this place." As the Slytherin forced himself to calm down, Rose took a quick glance at Lynn. "But alas, my dear future husband wouldn't allow me to do such indecent act, and would be punished quite painfully if you know what I mean."

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason looked at Middleton in surprise and a bit of shock as he took Aryn from his arms. Granted, Jason would be more than happy to not be the one holding her when she woke up, especially since she was already going to be angry about the fact that she was poisoned. Hearing him call Aryn the Gryffindor though made him realize that there were no feelings there. Why would you need a potion, are you a Mediwizard? You could've used stupefy or petrificus totalus instead. None of us know what that potion could've done to Townsend. And if anything and I mean anything happens to her, you better start praying to your god, Minister, because I swear to Mother Magic and Death that I will make your life a living hell. Alright, maybe there are some feelings there, self preservation at least of his magic if not actual feelings for Aryn. He knew why the Minister didn't use those two spells, Aryn was one of the few people able to put up defensive spells quickly enough. "You can't stun Aryn or use Petrificus Totalus. I'm surprised the know it all Lord Middleton didn't know that." Travis snickered. "She's one of the best in your year at defensive magic and almost always has a shield around her for those types of injuries. Someone must've hit her with dark magic at some point today for the potion to even work as quickly as it did." Jason looked over at Travis for a moment. He couldn't believe that Travis was a big enough idiot to let people know about Aryn's skills. She didn't advertise how good she was at magic, that was part of the reason she used her body and fought with her physical strength instead of her magic.

Now, now Travis, we wouldn't want to let slip on what happened behind the door of the Senior Undersecretary now would we? It would be a shame if you lost your job because of it. He'd never seen or heard Rose use the voice she was right now but she was pretty glad that it wasn't directed towards him. Travis deserved whatever he got and truthfully, since Rose was Aryn's sister she had more right than Jason did to make sure that he got whatever he deserved. He wondered how that was going to work between the two, Aryn would want to make things work with Rose and actually become her sister. That was going to be a nightmare. If he was really supposed to marry Rose he wasn't sure how to make that work on his own, yeah, they just managed to agree to make things work for class but working for class as classmates was entirely different from working together and getting married. He shook his head at the thought. He had nothing against Rose as a person, other than being annoyed at this competition the two of them seemed to have but he meant what he said. No woman should have to marry a man she didn't love and they didn't know anything about each other. But alas, my dear future husband wouldn't allow me to do such indecent act, and would be punished quite painfully if you know what I mean. Jason snorted. "I would definitely allow you to do whatever you wanted to get rid of him. Especially after what he did to Aryn last year and now. Plus, being a husband doesn't give any control over you as a person. Even if this marriage thing does go through I'm not about to control your actions. It's not my decision on what you do or do not do." Jason said automatically without really thinking about it.

Looking over at Aryn in Middleton's arms, he sighed. "When she wakes up just drop her. That's probably the safest option at this point. If she starts to cry then just give her to me. She still gets nightmares from what she did and what happened to her." He muttered. He knew Aryn wouldn't appreciate him telling Middleton that but if the guy really was going to be her husband then he would need to know about her. "If she wakes up and you're not only holding her but she has tears on her face and you saw them I would honestly be worried about everyone's safety at that point. She had a hard enough time containing herself the last time someone saw her crying and it was my mum." He turned to Mrs. Weasley with a glare. "Which is why if there was going to be a possibility of her seeing the man who did all this to her then you should've waited to bring this information to us and she would've been able to get through the entire thing just fine. How could you possibly think it would be a good idea to have that man anywhere near her? Even if he doesn't remember what he did she does." Jason was still angry. "We offered to take her memories of the incident and she declined." "Of course she bloody declined. Have you met her? Talk with her for five bloody minutes and she's the most stubborn and self sacrificing person you'll meet. Jesus. You know enough about her to know that she heals people and I'm sure Travis has told you how the healing process works since he knows first hand. She feels all the pain of what she heals in the instant that it heals. Yet she does it, without question, when someone is injured badly. She can't stand people touching her and you think it's okay to trick her into this? You're supposed to be a bloody leader, not an idiot." Jason finished.

Mrs. Weasley was looking at Jason, shocked a bit at his words and sighed. "Maybe we should not have, however Ms. Snape is going to need to learn to control her temper. Especially since she will be a Middleton. I've met Mr. Middleton's father and I don't see him taking to Ms. Snape very well once he see's her temper first hand. Regardless of her looks." Jason just looked at her and shook his head. He turned his attention to Rose and Middleton. "If you guys are ready I am." He let his gaze rest on Aryn for a bit, conflicted. He wanted to leave her here but he knew that he couldn't. "Let's just go already." He muttered. Mrs. Weasley looked at him and nodded. "We'll be traveling by Floo Powder. Please come forward and go to the Ministry. I'll go first and wait for you on the other side." Without waiting she took some Floo Powder and went to the fireplace, quickly disappearing and heading towards the Ministry. Jason turned and looked at Travis. "You next, I don't trust you behind with any of them. Better hurry or Aryn will wake up soon and you're going to want to be furthest away from her at that point." Travis just looked at him and went forward like he was told. Rubbing his temples he looked at the Headmistress who seemed to be in a state of shock. Normally Jason held onto his temper and wouldn't talk to people that way but he was angry and his best friend was unconscious in her future husbands arms. The future husband who was a man she could barely get along with regardless of their sexual attraction to each other, and her twin sister that she just found out about was his best friend and was to be his future wife. The entire thing was giving him a headache and the night wasn't over yet. "Ladies first." He said absently.

• @lauranatink

• "I would definitely allow you to do whatever you wanted to get rid of him. Especially after what he did to Aryn last year and now. Plus, being a husband doesn't give any control over you as a person, Even if this marriage thing does go through, I'm not about to control your actions. It's not my decision on what you do or do not do." Rose was grateful for the no controlling comment, there were after all quite the amount of Lords who controlled the actions of their wives. Some had grew up with traditional pureblood mothers who are far stronger on the domestic side, which gives the young Lords the idea that only the men were capable of strengthening the political hold of their family name. But despite that, she wondered if their marriage would be the same as the others, no love but convenient. Marriage arrangements usually happen between two families when they are in dire need of strengthening either their political status or money, depending on their situation, but what they had was still a mystery she was not going to enjoy finding out. With a sigh, she turned around to face her future husband with a frown. "I can't believe I'm marrying someone so dull." she whined to Hadrian. Said man was currently staring right at her with disinterest. Of course he was! He was too busy mulling over the thought that he was about to marry the most annoying woman he had the displeasure on meeting. And by the looks of it, he was also contemplating on a way to keep her at bay by the time they were married, or that's what she was thinking about what he was actually thinking. "You should remember Travis, wizard and witches are also humans. We are all capable of not being perfect." She retort, taking a few moments to turn her head and glance at Travis to add more effect to what she had said. "Also, perhaps you should be reminded. Aryn Townsend/Snape may be skilled with her magic, but we can both agree on the fact that she is not the dangerous one in this room." She added with a predatory grin. Of course she wasn't going to show off what her ability was, she wasn't that stupid. If anyone caught a whiff of her ability and gave the information to the wrong person, then all hell would break loose as the muggles would say. Though it would be quite the fight now that she thought about it.

As Lynn gave a few advices, he stared at the man in confusion. He understood that he was to give Townsend/Snape over to the Ravenclaw when she starts to bawl her eyes out, but drop her? Wasn't that a bit too harsh, especially when the person currently carrying her was her future husband? He got that she was traumatized at what had happened, but was it really that bad? "If she wakes up and you're not holding her, but she has tears on her face and you saw them, I would honestly be worried about everyone's safety at that point." Hadrian snorted at that. What was she going to do, destroy them? Well to bad, her sister took the opposite ability that she had, therefore, if anyone was going to do the killing, it would be Rose. Though he did wonder what had happened to Lynn's mother. "Which is why if there was going to be a possibility of her seeing the man who did all this to her then you should've waited to bring this information to us and she would've been able to get through the entire thing just fine. How could you possibly think it would be a good idea to have that man anywhere near her? Even if he doesn't remember what he did, she does." Lynn told the Minister angrily. When people said that they shouldn't anger the calm ones, for once in his life, this was a lesson he was going to bring with him to the afterlife. "We offered to take her memories of the incident and she declined." They offered to oblivate someone of their memories, but didn't offer any help from a mind healer? What in Merlin's name was going around the Minister's head? Did she not think of the damage that had been done to Townsend/Snape? ""Of course she bloody declined. Have you met her? Talk with her for five bloody minutes and she's the most stubborn and self sacrificing person you'll meet. Jesus. You know enough about her to know that she heals people and I'm sure Travis has told you how the healing process works since he knows first hand. She feels all the pain of what she heals in the instant that it heals. Yet she does it, without question, when someone is injured badly. She can't stand people touching her and you think it's okay to trick her into this? You're supposed to be a bloody leader, not an idiot." Lynn ranted out, probably from all the anger he was building up.

Mrs. Weasley looked shock, but as she remembered where she was, she immediately schooled her expression with a sigh. "Maybe we should not have, however Ms. Snape is going to need to learn to control her temper. Especially since she will be a Middleton. I've met Mr. Middleton's father and I don't see him taking to Ms. Snape very well once he see's her temper first hand. Regardless of her looks." Bloody hell, was his father really that important? He knew that the man worked in the Ministry, but he didn't know what he actually did to earn a living or so. The last he had heard of his father was three days ago. It would seem that the days at work were getting longer by the day with the Ministry in an uproar over the last few attacks of the magical creatures on a handful of Aurors. It was foolish to think how his father had spent so much time around the Ministry when he was one of those the Minister was wrapped around their finger. Though he wondered if Mrs. Weasley actually knew about it or just chose too keep quiet about it. However, foolish it may seem, it'll benefit the Middleton's in the long run. As Lynn gave his go signal, the minister nodded her head as she gestured to the fireplace. "We'll be traveling by Floo Powder. Please come forward and go to the Ministry. I'll go first and wait for you on the other side." Without waiting for a reply, she grabbed a handful of Floo Powder and went over to the fireplace where she disappeared in green flames. The next to go was Travis since Lynn didn't trust the man being left behind with them. A surpassed giggle left her lips when she saw the poor Ravenclaw rubbing his temples. "Ladies first." He said absently, not sparing them a glance.

With a shrug, Rose took a handful of Floo Powder and headed over towards the fireplace. Once inside, she threw the powder onto the floor as she said, "Ministry of Magic!" and was soon engulfed in green flames. Using the Floo Network was an uncomfortable experience during the first time, but everyone soon learns to get over it through the years. As Rose vanished, Hadrian took his time as he walked over to the fireplace, grabbing some Floo Powder in the process. It wasn't easy for him to throw the powder as he was carrying Townsend/Snape, but he had managed. As he too was engulfed in green flames, he tightened his grip on the Gryffindor, not wanting any accidents happening during the transportation. Was there any cases where one was separated whilst using the floo? He should probably check on that when he returned to Hogwarts.

By the time Hadrian arrived at the Ministry, Rose was observing the inside of the building, as if she hadn't been there before. Ignoring the urge to dust himself off of any powder that was on his robes, he made his way over to where the minister stood. Instead of being alone, there beside her was none other than his father and Lord Augustine. "Daddy!" Came the loud squeal from the Hufflepuff as she dashed and threw herself onto her father, who by now knew her too well, caught her before she fell face first on the floor. Just because they were both Lords did not mean they were not allowed to be affectionate with their children. He supposed it depended on the Lord himself. "Father. Lord Augustine." He greeted the two Lords with a nod of his head. Of course he hadn't missed the curious look that Lord Augustine sent his way, it was after all, very unlike him to carry around a woman in his arms. That was one of the reasons how different the two Lords in front of him were.

Lord Augustine was on of the most curious person he had ever met, which causes quite the trouble to Lord Middleton, seeing as the man couldn't help but stick his nose into other people's business. He was rather tall for a normal wizard, being 6'4" despite not having any creature blood. Lord Augustine was athletically built, having played Quidditch and being an Auror finally taking its toll on his body. He was every woman's dream man. Not only was he amazing in bed, courtesy of his ex-wife, he was also the wizarding world's very own sweetheart. No one could say no to him, who would? Down from the wild, untameable raven hair to his green doe eyes to his button nose, then sharp jawline and pink plump lips, who would resist? Especially when he pulled the hurt/kicked puppy look? He was the type of man a mother and father would want their daughter to marry and be happy with. Though Hadrian wasn't sure about the happy part, but each their own I guess. Now, while Lord Augustine was a sweetheart many wanted, his father was quite the opposite. He was every woman's wet dream. Lord Middleton was only a few inches smaller than Lord Augustine as he was only 6'2", which was still tall, but nonetheless seemed normal to some. Like his friend, he was in excellent shape from all the helping around with the newly trained Aurors, you could say he was second in command for the current Head Auror. Most men his age rarely put in more effort into keeping their body in good form. Though despite being someone who loves to indulge the finer things in life, he was awfully particular when it came to his diet.

Jason watched as Rose took the Floo Powder and made her way to the Ministry of Magic. He didn't know how to think of the idea of marrying her. It could be worse, he could be forced into marrying Celine,that would be a nightmare. At the same time though it wasn't like him and Rose got along very well and he didn't know much about her. It was the same with Aryn and Middleton. At the thought of Aryn he turned to watch as Middleton went to the fireplace, still holding her in his arms and left via Floo Powder. Realizing he was the only one left he walked over to the fireplace after getting some Floo Powder. "Ministry of Magic!" He said calmly and confidently. Upon arriving he stepped out and brushed off his robes out of habit. Looking around he saw Middleton, still holding Aryn in his arms which he was never going to be able to get used to and hoped like hell Aryn never found out about. He saw the Minister of Magic and then he saw two older men standing beside her. Walking over he watched as Rose ran towards someone who he assumed was her father. He was grinning as he saw Rose almost fall, she was clumsy but it was cute the way she ran for the man who raised her. Jason wondered how Lord Augustine took the information regarding who Rose's biological father was. Thinking about it, he realized that regardless of the information they had all heard this man was Rose's father in everything but blood and Jason was the man she supposedly was going to marry. He may not know how things worked in the Wizarding world but in the Muggle world you had to have manners.

Making his way over to the Minister and the two men standing there he opened his mouth to introduce himself when the Minister started talking on her own. "Mr. Middleton, Mr. Augustine. This is Jason Lynn, he would be the one descended from Rowena Ravenclaw and in the arrangement with Ms. Augustine/Snape. The young woman that Mr. Middleton is currently holding is Ms. Townsend/Snape. She is the descendent of Godric Gryffindor and Helga Hufflepuff along with her twin sister Ms. Augustine/Snape. She is also the one in a marriage arrangement with Mr. Hadrian Middleton." Jason looked over at the Minister, a bit surprised by her including Middleton's first name. It wasn't like there was much question in who the arrangement was with. Turning he focused his eyes on Mr. Augustine first and gave him a polite smile. "It's nice to meet you sir, regardless of the circumstances." He wasn't sure what proper procedure was for wizards so he didn't hold out his hand. He was getting ready to turn to Mr. Middleton to give his own greeting when he saw Aryn's father walk into the room and make his way over to them. His face stony he turned to make sure that Aryn was still asleep in Middleton's arms. Keeping his eyes away from that man he turned to Middleton's father and gave him another polite smile. "It's nice to meet you as well. I would like to apologize to both of you for Aryn's actions when she comes to. She really is a sweet girl when you get to know her." Jason said apologetically. He made sure to take a few steps back when that man joined their small group. His eyes settled on Aryn and Jason clenched a fist.

"Is that girl alright?" The man's tone seemed concerned and it took every ounce of will for Jason to not say something. Mrs. Weasley, noticing Jason's discomfort gave the Prime Minister a smile. "Of course. Mr. Transten will you please wait for me in my office? Ms. Colstock will show you there." A young woman came up to him and led him away from the group. Once he was out of earshot Mrs. Wealsey looked at Jason. "Do you understand now why we did what we did?" Jason turned his eyes and made sure they met hers. "No. You still should've told her and you could've just had her wait to come until he was gone or you could've chosen a different day. If she'd been awake all hell would've broken loose. She's a young witch who shouldn't be tormented by the Ministry anymore than she was tortured by that man." Jason's voice was steel and he turned away from Mrs. Weasley and looked over at Middleton and Aryn again. Looking down at his watch he saw that if they'd gotten the dosage right then Aryn would still be out for another ten minutes. That was a small relief because it would give time for them to set her down somewhere. He knew from the short time he held her that she wasn't light when she was passed out like that. "Mr. Lynn your's and Ms. Townsend/Snape's solicitors are here along with the son of the head of the orphanage Aryn has been staying at and your father." Jason spun his head around and saw his father walking in beside a man he assumed was one of Aryn's guardians during the summer holidays. She didn't spend much time at the orphanage but she never said anything bad about it.

The man who walked in from the orphanage was around 5'11 and had a muscular build. When he got closer he saw that Aryn was unconscious in a man's arms that he didn't recognize and his eyes flashed with both jealousy and anger. He was only a few years older than them but he had been helping out at the orphanage with his father since he was young so he'd been around Aryn for quite a few years to know about her temper. When he got to the other adults and Jason he turned his attention to Mrs. Weasley. "Why is Aryn unconscious and being held in someone's arms?" Jason sighed. He realized who this was now and Aryn was going to have a fit. "She will be fine. I'm assuming you're Nathan? I'm Jason Lynn. The man holding her is Hadrian Middleton and is supposedly her future husband. He hasn't hurt her any that I'm aware of." Jason said attempting to head off any arguments. He turned to his dad who was trying to stifle a laugh. "Laughing here wont help dad." Jason sighed. His family was so open with each other and even strangers that he was a bit worried about how this was going to go. "Sorry son, but Aryn being held by anyone is entertaining. Hearing that she's supposed to get married almost caused your mother to faint. I'm glad she's alright though." Jason sighed and realized he should introduce everyone. "Mr. Middleton, Mr. Augustine. This is my father Eric Lynn and this is Nathan Remaklus, he's one of Aryn's guardians while she is on summer holiday until she turns eighteen in the muggle world. Eric, Nathan, this is Hadrian Middleton holding Aryn, his father, this is Rose who is Aryn's twin sister and her father." Jason said it all quickly as if saying it would make the fact that it was happening untrue. "Now, Minister can we please get this straightened out?"

The first thing Aryn processed when she slowly started coming to was that she was warm. It was a comforting warmth and she reflexively leant into it. The second thing she processed as her eyes fluttered open was that someone's arms were holding her against their body and that what she'd just leaned into was that person's body. That thought processing through her caused her eyes to fly open as she held absolutely still so she wouldn't fall and hurt herself. She didn't know how high off the ground she potentially was and she still felt extremely weak and wasn't sure she could even stand yet. Looking up she realized that not only had she been in someone's arms she had been in Middleton's arms. She heard the last pieces of the conversation around her but she was trying to figure out what the hell was going on. "Middleton. Not that I'm not appreciative of you holding me against you, you're sexy enough I suppose, but why the hell are you holding me while I'm unconscious?" She asked in a semi-calm tone. Everything that happened before she passed out flooded to the forefront of her mind at that point and her eyes narrowed. "Where is that bloody bastard?" She growled. Jason, hearing that Aryn woke up winced and walked over to her and Hadrain. "You're at the Ministry. Nathan is here—" "Why? Of all people the one that I want to see least has to be the one that comes here. Son of a bitch." She muttered only loud enough for Middleton and Jason to hear her. "Not like I picked who came Aryn. Rose and Hadrian's father's are here and so is mine." He looked up for a moment and saw that Travis was pale. "Travis obviously didn't expect you to wake up so fast. Can you stand yet?" He asked. Jason looked up at Middleton. "I can take her if she can't stand, unless you want to hold her that is." Aryn went to hit Jason but could barely lift her arm and she sighed. "No, I'm conscious but none of my strength has come back." Jason closed his eyes for a second. "What about your magic?" Aryn grinned then. She felt her magic, it was there and for a moment she let it flare just around the three of them with warmth and light. "It's there, but if I try and heal myself then I'll be out of commission for a while so I'm not doing that. Where is Rose? Is she alright?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

• @lauranatink

• Despite her father able to catch her before she fell, a faint tint of pink hue made its way on her cheek. "Now princess, you know the rules. While you are at the Ministry, I expect proper behavior, am I clear?" Lord Augustine said softly, though there was no mistake that behind the tone he used had authority. Sheepishly, Rose nodded her head, placing a soft kiss onto her father's cheek in greeting. Releasing her father from her hold, she turned to where Lord Middleton stood and gave him her most charming smile as she greeted him, "Hello uncle Fred." When the greeting was acknowledge with a nod of his head, she made her way over to where Hadrian was, curiously and worriedly taking a glance at Aryn. "Mr. Middleton, Mr. Augustine. This is Jason Lynn, he would be the one descended from Rowena Ravenclaw and in the arrangement with Ms. Augustine/Snape." The Minister started to introduce, and by the way she was talking, it was if she was in a hurry and had another appointment with someone else. Ah, the joys of being a higher up, unable to fix their schedule properly. "The young woman that Mr. Middleton is currently holding is Ms. Townsend/Snape." she answered the questioning look of her father. "She is the descendent of Godric Gryffindor and Helga Hufflepuff along with her twin sister Ms. Augustine/Snape. She is also the one in a marriage arrangement with Mr. Hadrian Middleton." Well, she certainly did not waste her time with the introductions. But then again, it was getting late and she had a husband to return to. But wasn't Mr. Weasley the current Head Auror? And with all this random attacks, wouldn't they both be busy? Oh well, Hadrian did say that a good shag was needed, especially to those who were pretty stump with work. And Merlin knows how long they haven't done the deed if the Minister was this tempered.

"It's nice to meet you sir, regardless of the circumstances." Lord Augustine could only raised a delicate brow as he listened to the greeting. It would seem that the man his daughter was to marry was quite uneducated with the wizarding etiquette and culture, but nonetheless, he would be taught soon. No future son-in-law of his would be the laughing stock and disgrace of the magical world. "A pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Sir Lynn." He replied. He didn't need to look at Fredrick to know that the bastard had a look of smugness plastered on his face. He could act like a proper pureblood whenever he bloody well wanted to, thank you. He watched in curiosity as the young Ravenclaw was about to greet Fredrick when something else caught his eye, well, more like someone else. Following his gaze, he caught sight of the muggle Prime Minister, and it took quite the amount of will power to not hex the man's balls off. He had heard stories from the gossipy witches of how he had abused a magical child, yet he still was unable to find the truth about it. The young lad took a quick glance at his unconscious friend before focusing on Fredrick "It's nice to meet you as well. I would like to apologize to both of you for Aryn's actions when she comes to. She really is a sweet girl when you get to know her." Lynn pardoned in advance as he continued to greet Lord Middleton. Now, Fredrick had heard quite the story about Aryn Townsend from his son, seeing as every time the lad came home, he would rant about anything, and he wondered, was she truly trouble? Of course he was the type of person who didn't believe anything unless he had seen it in person, but just seeing her unconscious made him start to wonder.

Both Lords and heirs had not missed the clenching of Lynn's fist as the Prime Minister joined their merry group. Unconsciously, Hadrian's magic surrounded both he and Townsend/Snape, slightly paranoid that the muggle was going to do something rash, especially when he was in the vicinity of wizards who could harm him with a single flick of a wrist. "Is that girl alright?" The bastard asked. Tightening his grip on the woman in his arms, he nodded his head in confirmation before the Minister could even utter anything else. "Of course. Mr. Transten will you please wait for me in my office? Ms. Colstock will show you there." As that was said, a young woman came up and led the man away from the group. Sure that he was out of earshot, Mrs. Weasley turned to look at Lynn, and asked, "Do you understand now why we did what we did?" Bloody hell, even he didn't understand why despite now having the knowledge of Townsend's/Snape's past. It was after all the Minister who made the meeting arrangements with the muggle Prime Minister, but weren't muggles allowed into the Ministry? What was the purpose of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy if she was letting in muggles into their world? What the fuck was going on?

Hadrian was not one to comment about a woman's weight, but bloody hell, how much did Townsend/Snape weigh? Don't get him wrong, he could (try to) carry anything you throw at him, but he hadn't expected her to be this heavy, unlike Rose who was ― you could say ― normal. No he was not implying that the Gryffindor was fat, but that he had never been so wrong in his life. Just by looking at Townsend/Snape, you would've expected her to be light weight, but once you did the real thing, bloody hell. Seeing the masked looked in Fredrick's son's eyes, he could help but say, "I'd be wise for you to get used to it, son. Who knows how many times you might have to carry her." Charlus, Lord Augustine, jabbed at his friend's ribs about that comment, turning his head to glare at the man. By all means, never complain or mock about a woman's weight unless you'd like to have sex once more in your life. "That was uncalled for, Fredrick." He hissed. "I have said nothing but given my son some advice for the future. And no Charlus, I was not implying on the young lass' weight. It was more on the fact that Hadrian rarely even carries anyone in his arms besides young Rosaline." Fredrick replied with a slight raised of his nose and Rose cringed at the use of her full name. Knowing that they were wasting time, especially with the two Lords bickering, the Minister spoke up. "Mr. Lynn your's and Ms. Townsend/Snape's solicitors are here along with the son of the head of the orphanage Aryn has been staying at and your father." All heads tuned to whoever Lynn was looking at, only to find another pair of men making their way towards them.

One of the men Hadrian took notice was 5'11" and had a muscular built, and seemed to be a few years older than them, whilst the other, he presumed to be Lynn's father. As both men came closer with each step, he took note of the jealousy and anger that was in the other man's eyes, and being the prat that he was, he smirked. As the man joined their group and had asked as to why Townsend/Snape was unconscious and being held in some strangers arms, Hadrian's smirk widen even further, if that was even possible. "She will be fine. I'm assuming you're Nathan? I'm Jason Lynn. The man holding her is Hadrian Middleton and is supposedly her future husband. He hasn't hurt her any that I'm aware of." The Slytherin gave a look of mock scandalization at the comment of having harmed Townsend/Snape. Okay, maybe he had a few times, but it mostly ended up as hexes or jinxes, nothing too serious that would cause the Ministry to interfere. "Mr. Middleton, Mr. Augustine. This is my father Eric Lynn and this is Nathan Remaklus, he's one of Aryn's guardians while she is on summer holiday until she turns eighteen in the muggle world." Lynn introduced to everyone. "Lord Lynn, Mister Remaklus, a pleasure to meet you both." Fredrick automatically replied after a few moments, shaking both men's hands. "Lord Lynn, nice to see again. Mister Remaklus, a pleasure." Charlus greeted with a charming smile, shaking their hands. "Eric, Nathan, this is Hadrian Middleton holding Aryn, his father, this is Rose who is Aryn's twin sister and her father." Lynn quickly introduced them back in return. "A pleasure making your acquaintance, sirs. I would shake your hands, but alas my hands are quite full right now." Hadrian joked, showing them his charming side. "Hello. I hope the trip to the Ministry was pleasant for the both of you." Rose asked, though it was a rhetorical question.

Hadrian knew that Townsend/Snape was starting to rise from her slumber, if the snuggling was anything to go by. And the look of utter jealousy sir Remaklus was showing was enough for him to continue with the loving act he was about to do. "Middleton. Not that I'm not appreciative of you holding me against you, you're sexy enough I suppose, but why the hell are you holding me while I'm unconscious?" The Gryffindor asked in a semi-calm voice, to which he chuckled at. "Where is that bloody bastard?" She asked angrily. Ah, there was the Aryn he knew. "Now darling, calm down. Travis is currently looking quite pale right now, and none of us expected for you to wake up so soon. Also, sweetheart, be a dear and cease your cussing. It is unbecoming of you." He scolded the last part out with a click of his tongue. As Lynn came over and tried to explain, he frowned when Townsend/Snape caught him off. "Why? Of all people the one that I want to see least has to be the one that comes here. Son of a bitch." She muttered, though audible for both men to hear. What had this Remaklus man done to be on the bad side of both students? "If you would like to irk this Remaklus man, then I suggest you play along." He suggested with a mischievous tone, though audible enough for Townsend/Snape to hear. As the woman asked about Rose, said lass made her way towards them in slight hurry. "I'm quite alright, dear sister. It's you I'm concerned about. How are you feeling? She asked. "Would you like me to call in a Mediwizard to check on you?"

• Love
Aryn looked up at Middleton, extremely confused, when he called her darling and then sweetheart. What the hell happened while she was out for him to hold her, call her pet names, and chuckle at her comments? This was not the Middleton that she knew and it was starting to make her seriously concerned for her own sanity. Looking over at Jason she saw the amused expression on his own face and she just shook her head. If you would like to irk this Remaklus man, then I suggest you play along. Now it made more sense. For some reason Nathan had managed to annoy Middleton, that took skill. Figuring it wouldn't hurt any to play along she gave Middleton her most charming smile and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him on the cheek. Jason barely contained his laughter as he saw the look of pure jealousy and possessiveness on Nathan's face and shook his head. The two of them together in a marriage would probably end up being either a really good marriage because of their personalities or one of them would end up murdered by the other somehow. Aryn turned her attention to Rose when she started talking to her, being called sister was a bit odd but not bad. Giving her a genuine smile she shrugged. "I'm weak but my strength will come back quickly. Part of the perks to my special magic as everyone likes to call it." At the mention of a Mediwizard she shook her head. "They can't help me. But I really shouldn't let myself stay in Middleton's arms, regardless of how comfortable it may be. I'm 117 pounds of muscle there's no way I could possibly be light." Aryn grinned as Jason laughed.

"How long until your strength returns?" Jason asked Aryn. He debated telling her that her father was here but he was more concerned that it would make the situation worse. Aryn turned to look at Jason and chewed the inside of her cheek. If she let it return normally it would be about twenty minutes, if she used her magic it would take just a few moments but then her magic would take about forty-five minutes to replenish to her normal strength and she would be weak. "How fast do we need it to return Jason? Was there a real reason they knocked me out like this?" Her voice was calm but her eyes shone with anger. Jason looked at her and sighed. "We need your strength more than your magic right now." Putting a hand on the back of his neck he let his gaze go to Middleton and Rose. "He's here Aryn. That's why they knocked you unconscious, they didn't think you'd be able to hold your temper if you saw him." His voice was quiet and he moved his gaze so it was locked on Aryn's emerald eyes. "You cannot go after him here." He said firmly. Aryn looked at him and nodded slowly. "Jason, who is within a 3 foot radius of us?" Jason looked at her sharply. "Just the four of us, why?" Aryn looked over at Rose. "Well, dear sister, I should probably let you in on a secret that even the Ministry didn't know." She grinned but Jason was looking at her a bit worried. "Aryn what are yo—" Aryn shot him a glare. "I'm going to stand on my own two feet to meet my father-in-law to be and I'm going to deal with that bloody bastard." She muttered. Aryn turned her emerald eyes on Middleton's. "Alright, sweetheart, make sure you don't drop me." With that she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Jason sighed and took a step closer to Middleton and Rose. "What she's going to do will help, not hurt. Don't lash out with your magic." He said softly as he shook his head. Aryn focused on her magic and brought it to the surface. As she did a soft, warm light covered her, Hadrian, Rose, and Jason. The magic flooded their bodies with warmth and healing as it slowly restored their strength and any small or large injuries that they had were healed. Most of the magic was focused on restoring Aryn's strength and healing the damage done by Celine and the potion she'd been given. When she felt she had most of her strength back she let her magic stop and winced a bit at the feeling of emptiness. She knew her magic wouldn't work to its fullest capacity for the next forty-five minutes but she didn't need it to. Lightly getting out of Middleton's arms she looked at Jason with a grin. "Now, I suppose I should make my own introduction before I beat the hell out of Travis shouldn't I?" Standing on her toes she kissed Middleton on the cheek again. "Thanks for holding me, I know I'm not as light as I look. But it's muscle, I'm not fat." Turning around she made her way towards Mrs. Weasley and the fathers, avoiding Nathan and Travis's looks and smirking a bit at the astonished look on Mrs. Weasley's face.

Jason watched as she walked off and sighed. "I feel bad for you Middleton. I love her like family but I wouldn't wish her as a wife on anybody." He muttered. Jason looked over at Rose and gave her a smile. "You're at least safe since you are her family." He took a few steps towards Aryn and stopped when his father looked at him and shook his head. Well damn. Aryn was going to make a point and it wasn't going to be good. If his father had picked up on it then there was no way that Jason calming her down would help either. It had been a while since Aryn had let herself go all out and he was a bit worried about the results. Thankfully, she didn't have her magic for a bit at least. He watched the scene that was about to unfold in front of him. Aryn took in the people around her as she stopped in front of Lord Augustine and Lord Middleton. She didn't know which was which so she gave them her most charming smile. "Pleasure to meet you Lord's Augustine and Middleton. I'm Aryn Townsend, apparently the firstborn of the Noble House of Prince. I would like to thank you for the care you've shown to my sister and apologize for me being unconscious and the behavior you're probably not going to appreciate." She gave them a small curtsy before turning to the Minister. "You are a blasted idiot and I don't understand why you would think that a potion like that would keep me out long enough to prevent me from causing problems. If you were worried about me seeing that man then you should've worked on your scheduling abilities and made sure that there was no possible way that he would see me." Mrs. Weasley was looking at Aryn in shock at this point.

After that comment she turned and saw Travis and an evil grin spread across her face. "As for you.." She trailed off as she walked over to him and stood in front of him. "Now, Aryn. What can I do? I'm just doing my job as you—" He was cut off by Aryn kicking him in the shin and then proceeding to punch him as hard as she could in the stomach, arm and less hard in the face. She didn't want to kill him. "Never touch me again. Do not expect me to help you ever again and if you ever go near me or my sister I will take care of you worse." Aryn growled as she looked down at him. Jason winced a bit. From this distance he couldn't say for sure how bad the damage was but Aryn had shown him how much damage a single punch of hers could do. Not to mention three of them. "Seriously feel sorry for you Middleton." He muttered as he started walking over. Aryn turned her attention to Nathan at that moment and was rewarded with him stepping back. That was when Eric stood in front of Nathan and walked towards Aryn, keeping his hands in plain sight. "Hey Uncle Eric." She grinned as she let the temper go down slightly. Eric motioned for Jason to come forward and he quickly walked over to Aryn, placing a hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

Jason turned to look at the two Lords and gave them an apologetic smile. "I'd like to say she's not normally like this but I was raised not to lie to my elders." Aryn took a step away from Jason when she'd been calmed down enough that she could hold onto her temper and she looked at Mrs. Weasley. "I would like to see proof that I am to be married to Hadrian and this bloody prophecy." Eric looked down at the girl he'd started considering his own daughter and sighed. "Aryn, patience." He muttered. Aryn looked back up at him. "Look, I understand this wasn't something that was under your control, or yours," she said directing her glance to the others. "But I have been drugged, informed I'm supposed to be married, that I'm part of some prophecy, that I'm from a house of purebloods, have a twin sister, and then I wake up in the arms of a guy, that as handsome as he may be, I don't see myself falling into bed with due to our personalities yet we're supposed to get married or lose our magic. I don't think any of the four of us who are involved in this are happy and I'm damn sure that we would all like to see proof of this." Jason just stared at her in awe and shook his head. He was really damn glad he wasn't the one who was supposed to marry her. At that thought he turned to look at Rose and wondered if he really was going to have to marry the girl. She was smart, and beautiful but that didn't say much for a relationship when they didn't even really know each other.

• @lauranatink

• From the newly found information he had received, you could say Fredrick was by far from amused from what both Auror and Minister had done. "As to what I've gathered, it would seem that you're using your power as Minister to get away with some things. Need I remind you that it is against the laws to harm any minors may they be magical or muggle." He hissed. As the Minister opened her mouth to defend herself, he narrowed his eyes and cut her off. "Defend yourself all you want, Minister, but the Wizengmot will have to discuss about this incident. As Minister, it is your duty to keep every magical being safe from harm, not cause it. And yes, I've heard about what Ms. Townsend/Snape had done the last time she came into the Ministry. Nearly everyone knows of the incident. But that does not give you the right to cause harm to one's being. Minister or not." Fredrick then turned to the young Auror who was currently on the floor in agony from the slight beating he had received. "As an Auror, it is your job to choose between the right and the wrong, not because a higher up had asked you to do so. Tell me then, if you had not known what the potion that had been used could do, how would you be able to live a day with the very thought that you've helped murder or poison a person? Looks can be deceiving, Travis. Therefore, do try to use your brain and think about what you are about to do." Charlus could only nod in agreement. Drugging someone for petty reasons was a crime, though it may not be a very serious crime that could lead someone into staying in Azkaban for a long amount of time, but the punishments were a bit dreadful. And the thought of a higher up, especially someone with much political power such as the minister, was quite appealing. It would be the scandal of a life time, however it may also destroy some opportunities that would be beneficial to her family.

"Truly like father, like son." Charlus sighed in resignation. Seriously, how long was he going to live with the fact that Fredrick and Hadrian were both men who had this annoying hobby of irritating him. More so when said son actually acted exactly his own father during their younger years. What did have to do to end this torment. "A pleasure Ms. Townsend/Snape. And it was no trouble taking care of young Rose, she was quite the angel regardless of the circumstances." Rose flushed at the comment, slightly huffing as she turned her head to hide her reddening face. "I can still remember the first time I saw you both being carried by Severus. I was quite shock to find out that the vampire-bat of a Professor actually had children of his own. I mean, who would've thought that he was quite active during the war, especially when he was still not over with Lily Potter. But don't get me wrong, he loved you both more than he had loved her. Spent every moment he had with the two of you as much as he could." Charlus said with a fond smile, though his eyes held sorrow. "I've known about what Severus had been planning, but I assure you, I had no knowledge of the marriage contract that he had created." He explained with a slight frown. Fredrick looked torn between wanting to explain and apologize, yet he chose the former seeing as it was much more sensible. "The engagement that I've agreed to with Severus was more on the protection of the eldest daughter. He was paranoid that Voldemort was going to find out about the twins and was afraid that he'd use them against him. Not all knew about his past, but Severus had not grown up in a loving and caring household. His father was a neglectful and abusive muggle whilst his mother was caring enough to help her child. Though mostly throughout his childhood, he was neglected, which resulted to his bitter disposition and cruel behavior later in his life. And he made it his goal and mission that the both of you would not grow up as he had."

Hadrian was fuming. Not only did his father lie about not having any marriage contract that involved him, but he had known all along and had chosen not to tell him. They were going to have a long talk when he returned home during Yule break and he was not taking any excuses. With a sigh, he made his way over to where Townsend/Snape was. If he were really to marry this woman, then he was sure as hell not going to take any pity from anyone, after all, he did like his women a bit feisty. It was certainly boring to have someone so submissive, especially when some were better off in the domestic side and wished to be pampered every single minute. It was very annoying if you asked him. He wanted someone who liked to turn the tables once in a while, making things more daring and filthy. Hadrian took Townsend's/Snape's chin into his hand and tilted her head to meet his gaze. "As much as I agree with you, it would be beneficial to all of us if you calmed down. You'll make things worst if you go confront your father, seeing as he has no recollection of you or his wife. I get that you're furious, but not all problems can be solved with violence. I'll make sure your father suffers tenfold of what he had done to you." The last bit was more of a whisper and a promise of utter pain. Slightly glancing at Remaklus, he leaned in and he pressed his lips against Townsend's/Snape's forehead. "How long do you think it'd take before they both break?" He asked in a hushed tone. Knowing that the Gryffindor would take his promise as a joke, he quickly added, "And what I said was no jest. He is going to suffer." At the questioning look his father was giving him, he pulled away, smiling down at the midget as he entwined their fingers together, rubbing his thumb across the back of her hand in comfort. Despite their loving manner being an act, Hadrian made sure it seemed real.

Rose stared at the two rivals for a moment before turning to Lynn with a pout. "I'm quite offended that you refuse to be affectionate with me in public. Am I not good enough for you anymore, Jason? Has Celine finally corrupted you into seeing that she's better than me? That she can please you in many ways? Or is it that you now find me revolting?" She asked, voice slightly wavering with every word. It was rare for her to be able to mess around, having classes and assignments mostly taking up her time. And with the competition that she had with Lynn, she was unable to even have some free time besides during Hogsmeade. "If that's how things are going to be, then I suggest we destroy whatever is left with this relationship we have so you can return to Celine, love tart." She said the last with a hiss before turning around and made her way to the Department of Mysteries. Before she could be a foot away from the group behind her, she was grabbed by the arm and was pulled into someone's chest. Rose let out a yelp when her face collided with the stranger's chest. "Then perhaps I can finally have you as mine, hmmm?" As the stranger spoke, Rose tensed. She knew that voice all to well and the bloodshed that was about to happen was not going to be pretty. "I suggest you let go of me, Harrison, unless you wish to be dead in the next minute or so." She hissed, which only caused the man to tighten his grip on her. Dear Godric, how many admirers was she going to bump into every time she went to the Ministry? Was her polite declination of their marriage contracts not enough? Did she need to turn violent just to get it through their thick skulls? But then again, Damian Harrison was the most stubborn and determined person she had the displeasure to ever meet. "Now, why should I?" He asked with an amused chuckle. "I finally have you all to myself. Especially when you have quite the rift with your dear beloved."

Before she could even retort anything back, the sharp tone of both Hadrian and her father made Damian freeze. Taking the opportunity, she wretched herself away from the man's embrace, eyes strained at the wand in his hand as she stumbled back a few steps. Of course being life's favourite chew toy, she just had to bump into someone else. Turning around, she came face to face with Lynn. "Don't do anything rash, love tart. I'd hate to wipe off the blood that'll be on your hands." Fixing her gaze upon her blue-eyed, stubborn, admirer, Rose gave a devious smirk. Reaching out with her magic, she raised her hand, and envisioned it wrapping around Damian's ankles. She gave a yank, and watched as Damian's feet were pulled out from under him. The man landed with a thump and coughed as he tried to get some air. "I'd be wise if you stayed as far away from me, unless you'll find out that you're stubbornness will cost you your life." She warned, her magic cracking in the air. At that exact moment, a group of Dementors had just turned the corner with what she presumed was a Death Eater being dragged by the arms. One of them being wise enough, came forth, feeling Death's magic calling out to it. "Get this man out of this place, my friend. For he has forced himself upon me. You may take his soul if you so wish, but I suggest you do not, for I am afraid the Ministry will cause your people harm." As she spoke, the Dementor tenderly cupped her face in it's skeletal hand, thumb caressing her cheek. Her voice had changed a tone or two, and the weird part she could never forget was how her voice doubled, making it seem as if there were two people speaking at once. Rose watched as the Dementor reluctantly dropped its hand and turned to face Damian, slowly, yet surely making its way over, grabbing the cursing man by the arms and started to drag him away from the group.

Aryn turned her gaze on the two Lord's as they started speaking. Part of her was glad that they weren't turning on her because she wouldn't have held her temper and that would not be a good way to start any conversations. When their attention did turn to her she stayed still and listened as they spoke. Hearing that Snape actually cared about her she turned away. She didn't know how to take that information. If he'd cared about her so much then why had he put her in a household that was so drastically different from Rose? If he'd truly loved her then why did he put her in a home with a man who would end up hurting both her and her mother. Who was their mother? Aryn was still unsure how to take all this information, but she smiled at the comments regarding Rose and she turned her attention to her sister with a warm smile. "Sounds like you got the better behaved twin." She muttered with a grin. It was all confusing but the one thing she was sure of was that since Rose was her family she truly wanted to attempt a sibling relationship with the girl. She'd been alone for years now and had thought she had no more family. As awkward as the situation was currently she did have that one thing to be thankful for, although she had absolutely no idea how to go about it. She was fairly certain she could be a much better sister than Celine though. Thinking of Celine her temper flared again momentarily and she debated mentioning the fact that his other daughter was a bloody whore and had no manners that a Lady should have but that wasn't the reason they were here, maybe at a later date. Hearing Lord Middleton admit to the marriage arrangement though she winced, but then processed what Celine's reaction was going to be and she laughed softly. "Celine is going to be so pissed, it's almost worth it."

When Hadrian stood in front of her and took her chin she met his gaze with an eyebrow raised. Touching was new. She didn't really know how to react when he touched her, especially since they were supposed to end up getting married to each other. As much as I agree with you, it would be beneficial to all of us if you calmed down. You'll make things worst if you go confront your father, seeing as he has no recollection of you or his wife. I get that you're furious, but not all problems can be solved with violence. I'll make sure your father suffers tenfold of what he had done to you. Her eyes narrowed as he kissed her forehead and hearing his comment she realized he was just putting on an act and her face turned stony. And what I said was no jest. He is going to suffer. He sounded like he was actually serious about it and her eyes softened. God. She was supposed to marry this man? Yeah, he was good-looking and she had to admit he was smart but that didn't mean much to her when she didn't like to be touched. He was then entwining their fingers and she had no idea how to go about this but hearing the sharp intake of breath from Nathan she had her gaze lift to see Middleton's and gave him a soft smile. "I suppose I can hold my temper for my husband to be. As long as you promise to make that a wedding present." She cocked her head slightly as she looked up at him with a half smile. Hearing the chuckle behind her she turned and saw that Eric Lynn was doing his best to stifle his laughter as he avoided looking at Nathan who had a look of complete shock, anger, and jealousy on his face. "I'm not sure why Nathan is here though Minister. He is a muggle and not the one who runs the orphanage, he's been vying for my hand in marriage while I'm home after being declined multiple times. His father is the one who runs the orphanage and should be the one that is here." Her tone was steely as she turned her attention to the Minister. "His father was busy and Nathan, as a result of being one of the guardians at the orphanage, knows about you and the other wizard that is currently there. He was the only one available to be here as you are still not of age." Aryn rubbed her temples with her free hand. "Fine."

Jason was watching the interaction between Aryn and Middleton with a look of pure amusement. When Rose turned to him and started talking his mouth opened in shock. The hell? She wanted him to be affectionate? They weren't even affectionate in private unless they were going to call debating as affection. Hearing her comment about Celine though his eyes narrowed and he shook his head. "Trust me. I would never be with Celine if it was a choice of dying or her." He muttered. He watched as she turned around and started walking away and he looked over at Aryn. The hell was he supposed to do in a situation like this? Jason didn't deal with women very well, he just had no idea how to react around them. Aryn was easy enough, she wasn't girly and she didn't expect him to treat her in any special way other than making sure to help her if she got angry. That much was easy. But now Rose was trying to get him to be affectionate! Aryn looked at Jason for a bit before rolling her eyes and motioning for him to follow Rose. "He's an idiot when it comes to women." She sighed feeling a bit bad for him.. She was pretty sure that Rose was screwing around with him but if the two of them had to get married as well then he'd need to figure things out with her on his own. Having seen her motioning he followed after Rose with a bit of trepidation. He had no idea how to respond to her sometimes unless it was in class, why wouldn't class be better.

As he got closer to her Jason saw that a strange man had Rose in his arms and he stopped walking. If it was someone that she was actually intimate with then he had no right to interfere. Wait. That was ass backwards, if she was supposed to end up being his wife then he really did have a right to interfere. As he took another couple steps towards the two of them he watched as Rose started walking backwards and ended up bumping into him. Putting his hands on her shoulders he realized she was just as small as Aryn was. Hearing her comment he raised an eyebrow because he really had been thinking about piping up. Yes, normally he was a fairly calm person but that didn't mean he was going to let a man manhandle a woman, especially not if that woman was supposed to end up his wife. Aryn, having seen what was going on had taken a step forward when she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Let Jason handle it if Rose can't. Although, if the two of you are twins then I'm sure you have nothing to worry about Aryn." Eric told her softly. Aryn bit her lip but watched as Rose turned her attention back to the man. Jason watched as the man landed on the ground and couldn't help but smile. He still had a hand on Rose's shoulder but he figured he should let her handle the man. As the dementor came around he kept his gaze neutral but let one of his hands get ahold of his wand in his pocket. After hearing that their were so many magical creatures acting weird he wasn't about to take any chances here. But then Rose started speaking and the Dementor cupped her face. He held still but his mind was running. He was in awe, if a Dementor was caressing her face that way, on top of the small hints he'd gotten from Middleton and Rose back in the office he wondered about Rose's special power. He watched in amusement as Damian was drug away.

When Damian was out of the way he bent down to Rose. "So, I'll believe you about you being a bit more dangerous than you look. Between you and your sister I feel like I may end up dying young." He whispered in her ear. "If you would like me to be more affectionate then you just have to ask, Rose dear." He told her with a small grin as he kissed her on the cheek. Turning his head to look at the others he raised an eyebrow. "Are you coming so we can hear this prophecy?" He asked in a calm voice as he moved a hand from Rose's shoulder and took her hand in his. It was so small. He looked down at her hand for a moment and then looked back at Rose. "And Celine could never compare to you, regardless of what she thinks." Jason told Rose in all seriousness. Aryn looked at Rose and Jason and a small smile flitted across her face. Taking a breath she made sure her voice was calm as she looked at the Minister. "I agree with Jason. Let's go hear this prophecy and find out what the four of us involved would like to do." She understood they needed help but the four of them were going to make the decision on if they will or will not act, they may not have a choice on the marriage arrangement but they did on this at least. Looking up at Middleton she gave him a charming smile. "Shall we?" Aryn started walking towards Jason and Rose.

• @lauranatink

• Okay, she had to admit that the kiss on the cheek was a surprise even if she had been expecting it. Who would've thought that Jason Lynn wasn't really that dense as everyone thought him to be? She couldn't even remember the number of witches that tried to get him into their bed and the damn git couldn't even notice the subtle hints! It annoyed her so much that she had nearly wanted to slap him repeatedly till he understood. Keyword being nearly. She was not one of those who were willing to go through the violent route unless needed be, or if her inner beast could not contain itself anymore. "I'm curious, Jason. Out of all the treasures that you've found and acquired, am I the prettiest?" She asked innocently through a bashful smile. Before Lynn could even reply, Rose took off, dragging the said man behind her as she made her way towards the lift that would bring them to Level Nine, where the Department of Mysteries lies on the second-lowest level of the Ministry or Magic. They passed by a few wizard and witches who were working over time, and some Aurors who were doing their patrol. She didn't hesitate to wave at those who looked their way, and she would either have a wave or a smile in return. "Sometimes I really wonder if the Minister has thought about changing the ungodly hours people tend to use or force themselves into. Think about the future Aurors to be. Half of them are only joining the damn training because they were either forced into it or wanted to have a higher ranking in politics. Now, their training is very different from the Unspeakables, but I can't help but notice how they're losing much sleep. And with less sleep, it would give the enemies a greater chance on casting the Imperius Curse on them." If anyone looked and listened closely, they would easily figure out that Rose was rambling about random stuff that came to mind. In all honesty, she didn't like being surrounded by silence, it reminded her too much of that time her mother had actually left her in one of the cells in the dungeons of her grandmother's manor during their monthly visit to her mother's side.

It didn't take long before everyone was standing at one of the very long and splendid hall that had a highly polished, dark wood floor. The peacock-blue ceiling was inlaid with gleaming golden symbols that for some reason was moving and changing like some enormous heavenly notice board. The walls were paneled in shiny dark wood and had many gilded fireplaces set into them. Every few minutes, a witch or wizard would emerge in green flames from one of the left-hand fireplaces with a soft whoosh whilst on the right-hand side, a few wizards were departing in the same green flames. Halfway into the atrium was the newly returned Fountain of Magical Brethren, and it was still as beautiful as she had remembered it. The fountain featured golden statues of a wizard, a witch, a centaur, a goblin, and a house-elf, to which all sprouted water from various locales into the pool of water below. "You know, every time I see this fountain, it reminds me on how every creature, every magical being is superior in their own way. How each of us are connected despite of the blood that flows through us. It makes me so angry knowing that there are so many laws concerning about the creatures, especially the ones who were labeled as dark. Do you even know how many werewolves out there that are still in poverty? That there are house-elves being abused by their masters? Centaurs being forced to move and leave their homes?" It was a rhetorical question, but she wouldn't mind if Lynn actually answered any of those questions. Forcing the thoughts away with a shake of her head, she continued her way to where the lifts were, which was at the far end of the Atrium hall, behind a pair of golden gate.

Halting at the front of the security desk, Hadrian sighed when he caught sight of the guard randomly playing with his own wand. "Seriously Brett, this has been the fifth time I've caught you playing with that wand of yours. Have you not learnt your lesson after that one time you hexed a poor witch's hair off?" He asked. The sudden sound of his voice was enough to shock the man and cause him to fumble with his wand. Turning his head, he stared at the young man before him, a smile starting to make its way onto his lips when it had finally dawned to him who it was. "Hadrian my boy! It's been donkies since a last saw ye! Hoo's it gaun?" Brett asked as he stood up, acknowledging the Minister and the two Lords behind the group with a nod. "And what's this I'm seeing? Could it be? The young lad of Fredrick has finally caught himself a beauty?" If it were even possible, the Scot's accent became more thicker than usual with every word he had utter, as if he were back home in Scotland with his family. The young Slytherin let out an amused chuckle at his friend's antics, squeezing Townsend's/Snape's hand slightly in warning. "Aye my friend, Mother Magic has given me this beautiful maiden as my beloved. But alas, as much as I wish to talk more, we are quite in a hurry. But do not fret my friend, perhaps during Hogsmeade we could catch up once more?" Rolling his eyes, Brett nodded his head before gesturing to the lifts behind him. He didn't need to take any of their wands right now, he trusted that with the Minister being there, nothing was going to happen during their visit. "Thank you, Brett." Without waiting for a reply, he tugged at Townsend's/Snape's hand before continuing their journey over the gates. Now that sounded wrong, as if they were dead and finally ready to go to the afterlife. Behind the gates was a smaller hall that had at least twenty lifts standing behind wrought golden grills.

"I'm not really sure if any of you have tried these lifts, but I suggest you hold on to the golden ropes that are hanging from the ceiling. Just a precaution encase the lifts goes sideways, backwards, or just randomly stops violently." Hadrian advised as he caught sight of a lift reaching their floor. As it stop, he used his free hand to slide the grill gate open and stepped in. Seeing everyone inside, Charlus slid the gate close. Hadrian's free hand automatically held on to the ropes that were provided as the lift jolted and proceeded to pull itself back. Had no one actually thought of a more convenient way of transportation to their desired Level? Rose nearly stumbled as the lift lurched itself sideways and descended in many confusing patterns. It didn't take long for them to reach an abrupt stop and for the loud feminine voice to announce where they were. "Department of Mysteries, incorporating the Hall of Prophecy, The Death Chamber, The Brain Room, and Locked Room in the Department of Mysteries." Still nauseous from the ride, Hadrian used his magic to open the gate that revealed a corridor that had no windows or doors, beside the one at the of the corridor itself that leads into the Department proper. Before anyone could comment about it being too dark to see, the torches immediately lit up with blue-white light that added to the eerie theme. And if anyone looked closely, they could see a flight of stairs that led to Level Ten.

Jason looked at Rose in surprise. Her question threw him off a bit but if he was being honest, yes. She was one of the most beautiful women he knew, but that wasn't what a marriage should be based on. Especially when they hadn't even gotten along before a few hours ago. Getting pulled along towards the lift he caught up quickly so that he was walking beside her instead of getting dragged behind her. Looking at the Auror's around them he listened to Rose as she talked and sighed. "Hopefully the training to be an Unspeakable is a bit different then the training for an Auror. That's actually my career path." Jason told her. He hadn't told a lot of people that but it seemed she didn't want any silence here and he wasn't close enough to ask her why. "I want to become an Unspeakable because I enjoy learning more about magic and coming up with new things. It should be fun and revealing." Jason's smile was genuine this time as he looked at her. When they got to the hall he looked around for a moment and his eyes stopped on the Fountain of Magical Brethren. It was beautiful, the last time they'd been at the Ministry it hadn't given him much of a chance to look around, he'd been busy trying to get Aryn and calm her down before she could cause too much more damage. As Rose started asking questions he sighed. "I know, it's unfortunate and there really should be more done to help them. Even for the house-elves. Regardless of how big or small the living being is, it's still a living being and should be treated correctly and fairly. Every creature can feel and there are no dark creatures, that's what I personally think anyway." Jason shrugged.

Aryn stayed silent as they made their way behind Jason and Rose. When they stopped in front of the security desk she wondered if they would let her go through, last time she hadn't used her wand and right now her magic hadn't fully returned so she wouldn't be much use as it was. Hearing Brett talk about her as being a beauty she gave him a charming smile. She wasn't used to someone being so open but she also wasn't so sure she liked the idea of being caught. But then she felt Middleton squeezing her hand and she kept the charming smile on her face until they went over the gates and went into the lifts. At his mention of holding onto the golden ropes she looked up at them. It wasn't that she wanted to prove anything, she just didn't want to look ridiculous standing on her toes to get ahold of one of the bloody ropes. Aryn thought about how Middleton was her future husband so she took a step closer to him as he held onto the rope and used him to right herself. "Too short." She muttered blushing a bit. She wasn't used to this much contact with someone and wasn't acting like their normal self. When the abrupt stop happened she was glad she had held onto Middleton as she was almost thrown off balance. Jason automatically let go of Rose's hand and wrapped an arm around her waist to help steady her. Once they stopped he removed his arm from her waist and took her hand back, entwining their fingers and stepped out of the lift with her. "Lead on Minister." He said in an even tone. He didn't want Aryn to start going off so he turned to look at her. "How're you holding up?" He asked her softly. Aryn grinned. "Give me about another twenty and I'll be good to go. I promise I'll hold my temper this time." She told him in a more serious tone. "Last time really wasn't my fault. They started it, I just finished it."

"You call what you did finishing it?" Travis piped up from behind them. Aryn ignored him but Jason's gazed flickered to the older boy. It seemed Nathan wasn't the only one jealous about this arrangement as he kept looking at Aryn and Middelton's hands. "Travis, don't set her off." Jason told him before walking forward with Rose behind the Minister. "You took out nine Aurors." Aryn continued ignoring him until he put a hand on her shoulder and she then froze. "Let go of me Travis." Her voice was eerily calm and Travis let go quickly. "I'm aware of what I did Travis and you would be wise to remember it." She started walking towards the Hall of Prophecy, pulling Middleton along due to their hands. Her temper was flaring up and she needed to do something with it so that she didn't get into more trouble. As they made their way into the Hall of Prophecy she looked around at the different globes around the room. "We've got the prophecy right here. One of you four will need to pick it up and take it to a room we have set aside so you four can listen to it." Mrs. Weasley explained. Jason rolled his eyes and grabbed the globe carefully, it was a bit too high for Aryn and Rose and Middleton was still behind him. "Let's get this over with." He suggested as he followed her into another room.

Getting into the room Aryn took a ponytail off her wrist and separated her hand from Middleton's. Pulling her hair into a ponytail she saw the immediate reactions from Nathan, Eric, Travis, and Jason. "Oh will the four of you calm down? Yes, normally it's up because I'm going to get into a fight but mostly it's hot as hell down here and my hair is super thick alright. I promise I won't get into a fight unless someone touches me that isn't welcomed to do so." Aryn rolled her eyes. She still couldn't believe that she was supposed to marry Middleton so while she put up her hair she let her arms fall to her sides as she bit her lip. Aryn never thought she'd get married, she'd only ever trusted Jason and his dad and never had romantic feelings towards Jason so marrying him never went through her mind. She had always thought that if she married it would be to someone she trusted completely. Looking at Middleton for a second she did her best to keep her face neutral. He wasn't exactly someone she trusted, at all. Although him promising to get her father back had been a nice gesture. Shaking her head she saw the look of undisguised wanting in Nathan's eyes and she took a step closer to Middleton, unable to bring herself to do anything more than that she just looked away from Nathan and focused on the orb in Jason's hands. He set it on the table so they could all hear what it would reveal to them.

• @lauranatink

• Everyone watched in utter curiosity as the orb glowed brighter with each passing second, its light nearly lit up the dark room. It didn't take long for a voice to start speaking, and Rose tried to hold back a shudder at the powerful vibe she felt coming from the orb. "Twins shall be born as both sun and moon collide, Life and Death dubbing thee worthy to be their children, blessing them with powers of complete utter destruction." That was impossible. How could Life and Death, as entities, willing give a pair of newly born twins power that could destroy anything if they so wish? It was too ludicrous to believe! And no one has the imagination to create something so uncanny as this. "A basilisk shall hatch as the second Hydra dies and will experience the same cruel faith. But worry not as he will be brought back from the ashes as a newly born phoenix by the same power the Dark Lord knows not." Now Hadrian knew it was him being talked about this time, no one else had the ability to communicate with snakes besides himself. But him dying? Did the seer meant his death figuratively or literally, because he was sure as hell not going to die before he could even finish his education. And what was this by the same power the Dark Lord knows not? He was confidently sure that anyone who was willing to become a Dark Lord had the knowledge of everything new and old. Also, who was this Hydra the seer was talking about? His father? But that didn't make any sense. His father wasn't gifted with the ability to speak with snakes, so that left him with the only other person he could think of, his mother. "A dove shall be born to bring tranquility to the new age, but the little bird must be heedful as the Dark Lord will take its only darkness away." Rose stared at the orb in confusion. A dove? If she was correct, then the dove as spoken was a symbol of peace, and another term for peace was calmness. And the only one with the power to calm was Lynn. She looked down at their interlocked fingers and frowned. If Lynn was the dove, then who was the darkness that the Dark Lord was about to take away? "The Founders heirs will bring back the peace this world rightfully so deserves. Balance between Dark and Light shall be brought forth and the manipulation of the old Phoenix will be known. However, heed my warning as the Dark Lord will use the Dove's darkness to become everlasting."

As the orb started to dim, silence took its place. "Let me make things clear. This prophecy is saying that we, the Founders heir, are going to bring back the equality and balance our world once had? And that I'm going to die in the middle of a bloody war and would be brought back from Death's loving embrace like a fucking phoenix by a power that this supposed Dark Lord doesn't know about?" Hadrian nearly yelled out, his magic ready to explode and lash out. If this prophecy was legit and real, then he was going to make sure that he was not going to die in the midst of an ongoing war and be brought back to life just to help his comrades defeat this big bad Dark Lord like in those overly cliché books he found back in the manor. "It would seem so." was Rose's only reply. Flickering her gaze over to the Minister, she stared, inwardly smirking at the sight of Mrs. Weasley shifting uncomfortably under her gaze. "Who is this old Phoenix the Seer was talking about, Minister. And what role dose this Phoenix have in this war when, in my opinion, is already dead?" She asked, eyes narrowing in suspicion. There was a nagging feeling at the back of her min telling her that something was not right, that something bad was going to happen and she wasn't sure if she was going to believe that nagging feeling or ignore it. "Also Minister, I was wondering if the marriage contract is real. I haven't heard anything from this Seer saying anything about the contracts." Just as Rose had asked, another orb glowed in response. A feminine voice echoed around the room, a voice that held power and authority. "As Mother Magic has deemed it so, the young basilisk will bound itself to Life's beloved daughter. The snake shall teach the sun of things that she knows not and in return, the sun will teach the snake that it is not weakness but power. The dove will bound itself to the moon, his one and only darkness. But I must warn thee, the dove must be heedful of his darkness or she will be swayed to the call of the dark and become the Dark Lord's consort."

Well fuck, that was unexpected. Just as she had thought that things were about to get better, another bloody orb had glowed and spoke of the marriage contracts. Not only that, but it had also answered her question as to who the dove's darkness was and she was not happy with the thought that her husband-to-be was careless enough that she was going to be swayed over to the Dark side, along with the fact that because of her husband-to-be's carelessness she was going to become the Dark Lord's consort. Turning her head to face Lynn once more, she glared at the Ravenclaw. "Well then, love tart, it would seem that I'll finally have your undivided attention for once. I do hope that I'll be the only one in your eyes." She said in an awful sweetly tone. "The prophecy says we're to be bound, does that mean we'll have have to marry the traditional way? And seeing as our souls are slightly bound by Mother Magic, will we have to move and share a dorm with Townsend/Snape and Lynn?" Hadrian asked, tilting his head as he did so. If he wasn't mistaken, if they married the traditional way, they'll bound their magical cores together where either one of them could become more powerful than the other. But the hard part was getting a god to bless their unity. Traditional marriages were looked down on, seeing as muggleborn wizards and witches could't accept the fact that their marriage ceremony was different from their own. There was a round of angry grumbling from behind and Hadrian turned to look at the man who was here on the behalf of Townsend/Snape. "Could you repeat that for me? I haven't had the slightest clue as to why you're acting like a child whose candy was stolen."

• Love
Aryn listened to the voice coming from the orb and froze at the mention of powers of utter destruction. How did that work? Her power was to heal, unless you considered her strength and fighting as a means of utter destruction. She could use magic, but no stronger than Jason could use his. She stayed silent as she listened to the rest of the prophecy and was a bit shocked hearing that Middleton would be killed but then brought back, she bit her lip at that and exchanged glances with Jason. Aryn had the ability to bring someone back, but only if she had a strong emotional connection to that person. From the sounds of this bloody prophecy she was supposed to have a strong emotional connection to Middleton. Aryn didn't know if that was even possible. Desire, sexual attraction, sure. She could admit to those but anything else? Jason was still listening to the prophecy and was a bit startled that he was the dove. It was sort of embarrassing but he was an extremely calm person. His only darkness? Who would his darkness be. Oh he had a really bad feeling about that when he turned and looked at Rose. Hearing Middleton's voice after the orb dimmed Aryn sighed and wondered if she should tell him, he was getting angry and that wasn't going to be the best thing in this situation, not for any of them. She stayed silent though as Rose started speaking and Jason was surprised she wasn't flying off the handle yet. Truth was she wanted more information before she did anything. Regardless of how she personally felt about all the crap thrown at her today if they really were the only ones who could help save the bloody mess then she would. Yet looking up at Middleton and over at Rose she didn't want anything to happen to them. Then came the rest of the prophecy in regards to their marriage arrangements.

Jason looked down at the small girl in his hands and raised an eyebrow. "I'm not real sure what image of me you have but it's not like I'm the type of person that gives multiple women my attention." He muttered. "If I'm doing something wrong for you, Rose dear, then you just have to tell me." Jason didn't know how to take that part of the prophecy. What did he know about women? He shot a glance over at Aryn who put her hands up, she hadn't been in a relationship either. Yeah, Rose was her sister but she didn't know what the girl would expect from Jason now that they were supposed to get married. Hearing the next words out of Middleton's mouth Aryn's head turned to look at him with a mixture of apprehension and confusion. "Oh fuck. Please tell me we aren't sharing a dorm. I don't think that'll end well." Aryn stated looking up at Mrs. Weasley. "You are, and to answer your question Mr. Middleton yes. You would have a traditional marriage. Due to Aryn and Rose not being of age yet that is why their guardians are here as well." Aryn looked at Nathan when he started talking, she couldn't make out his words but she did choke a bit on Middleton's. "I don't see why Aryn has to marry someone like you. She's better off with someone else." Nathan said glaring at Middleton. Aryn rolled her eyes. "I've already told you no, Nathan." Jason looked over at Aryn for a moment. She'd told him about Nathan's advances and seeing her clench her fists he looked down at Rose, he was still holding her hand but he wanted to make sure that Aryn calmed down as well. "Please forgive me for pulling you," he told Rose politely as he started walking over to Aryn pulling Rose gently behind him. "Aryn, calm down." He muttered putting a hand on her shoulder.

"You've told me no because you can't legally get married yet." Nathan continued. "You can't possibly like this guy, you can't even stand to give people hugs or kiss them unless you're healing them but you're going to try and convince me that you're going to marry him?" Jason looked at the guy in amazement and then looked down at Rose. "Do you have any suitors like this that I'm going to have to argue with all the time when we get married?" He asked her with a small smile. He knew there was no way out of the marriage arrangement, and truthfully, it could be worse. He still didn't know enough about Rose though so maybe living in a dorm together with her wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Aryn looked at Nathan with a bit of shock and then turned her attention to Middleton. "I can't believe you're making me say this." She muttered. "Nathan, I don't feel anything when I look at you. Nothing. No attraction, no desire to get to know you better, absolutely nothing." Jason winced, that had to hurt. "At least with Middleton supposedly I'm going to end up bringing him back to life which means I'll form some sort of strong emotional attachment to him." Eric Lynn turned sharply to look at Aryn. "You can do that?" Aryn went and sat down at the table. "Only when I'm in love." She explained. Jason looked over at her and then turned his attention to Rose. He thought the four of them needed to have a discussion in private. "Can the four of us be left alone to talk to each other and think about everything you've told us?" Jason asked politely looking up at Mrs. Weasley. "I can give you a few minutes." Mrs. Weasley led everyone out of the room and shut the door behind her. Aryn was looking at the table, not sure what to say and Jason still had his hand in Rose's and looked over at her. "First, I'm sorry. No one should marry someone they don't love." He told her quietly. "But, if the prophecy is true then I plan on making sure you don't become this new Dark Lord's consort. Regardless of you being called my darkness you've never seemed like a bad person." Raising his voice he looked over at Middleton. "I don't do well when it comes to talking to people but you and Rose seem to have the worst part in this and I would like to hear what you two think in regards to this prophecy and the marriage arrangements."

• @lauranatink

• Rose stared at the Slytherin for a few moments and let out a sigh as she took out her wand from her robes using her free hand and began to transfigurate an empty shelf, that stood a few feet away from Hadrian and Aryn, into a test dummy. In anticipation of what was to come, she dug into her magic and pulled out some of her power to the surface, putting up a shield around the room that would protect anyone who was outside from any stray curses and absorb all dark spells as to not alert the Ministry. Her magic was completely alluring to those who had dark affinities. Hadrian spared Lynn a glance and made his way over to the dummy and took his stance a few feet away from the newly tranfigured shelf. "You want to know how I feel?" He asked rather darkly as he took out his wand from his robes, pointing it at the dummy. "I feel fucking furious ― screade," He growled, a black beam of color with jagged twirls of deep purple intertwined with it, shot out of his wand. It was a dark cutting curse whose purpose was to slice though almost anything. And as the curse took home, he watched with annoyance at how the dummy was easily cut. "― who wouldn't be? Not only did I find out that I'll have to take part in a bloody war against my will, but I have to marry someone I hold no affections for and least of all I'll have to fucking die ― screade." He threw the spell again, and again, and again, and before he knew it, the dummy was nothing but tiny bits of dust. But it wasn't enough. All the anger he held back all those years came forth and with a shout, his magic went out of control, lashing out at anything it came in contact with. Orbs, either dull, dark and glowing, shattered as the shelves split into half. "Hadrian!" Rose yelled, forcing herself to use another ounce of her magic to create a barrier between Hadrian and them. She hadn't expected for Hadrian to easily crack all of a sudden and lash out. He usually waited till they were in the Room of Requirements where he would then take out all his anger on numerous things, but this.....this was an example of someone finally having enough. "Hadrian Sirius Arcturus Middleton, if you don't cease this horrendous actions, then I'm afraid that by tomorrow everyone would finally know that it was you who asked Lady Hogwarts to scare the shit out of everyone last All Hallows Eve feast." She threatened, but the slight quiver in her voice was not missed. And by some miracle, everything stopped at once.

At that threat, Hadrian froze. "You wouldn't dare." Slowly, he turned to face Rose. She hadn't had the guts to tell her father that she had gotten a significant other during her third year, and now she was threatening him? "Least you wish for daddy dearest to know about your little escapade with Raphael." He threatened back with a toothy smile, but with his magic still out in the open, it only made him look mad and dangerous. Before Hadrian could even make a move, Rose made hers. Without a care in the world, she leaped and tackled the young Slytherin onto the floor with enough force to keep him in place. Just because she was able to pin down Hadrian with her own weight didn't mean that he hadn't fought back, she had to use more of her magic to keep him down. Grassy green met with burning emerald. For a slight moment, she debated on whether what she was about to do help or make things worse seeing as she had never tried this with Hadrian before. But the urge to protect was strong enough to will the doubting thoughts away. With the last bit of strength and magic she had, Rose opened her mouth and sucked. Black wisps of smoke started to come out of Hadrian's mouth, making it look like he was literally burning from the inside. What she was doing was something similar to a Dementor sucking out one's soul or happy memories, but the only difference is that, she was focusing on taking out the anger and magic that Hadrian had been restraining for quite a while now before his mind and core would finally break. And she hate to admit, but it tasted delicious.

As the last smoke vanished, along with her strength, Rose collapsed on top of Hadrian, who in return let out a pained groan at the sudden weight. "Deal with it you big baby. This wouldn't have happened if you had been able to contain yourself till we returned to Hogwarts. Yeah, I get that your beyond piss, but seriously though, even I was able to hold back." With enough determination, she rolled over, making them lay side by side. "But then again, I'm not the one who's going to suffer a cruel faith." It was silent for a minute or so, but it didn't take long for the peace to be interrupted. The door swung open and everyone rushed inside, the Minister gaping at the scene before her. "What in Merlin's name happened in here?" Fredrick asked, well more like demanded. They had only left the adolescences for a few minutes only to find everything in utter chaos. "We went and redecorated the entire room, father. What else do you think we did, sang songs?" Hadrian retorted. Forcing himself to sit up, he grimace at the sudden jolt of pain coming from his back. It felt like having a buldger suddenly hit you at the back during Quidditch, the proceeded to fall off your broom and land back down on the field. Turning his head to look down at the nearly unconscious Hufflepuff, he asked, "Was that even necessary?" It took a while for Rose to reply, and when she did, her words mostly came out as a mumble. "Yes it was. Now can someone please get me off of the floor before I become unconscious." She demanded the last part a bit loudly. "Mind your cheek, Hadrian. Don't forget who you're talking to." Fredrick scolded, silently calculating the amount the Middleton's were about to pay the Ministry for the destruction that Hadrian or Rose had done. "Can we never leave the both of you for a few minutes without coming back to find everything everywhere?" Charlus asked with an exaggerated sigh. "Nope." was the only reply.

Jason watched curiously as Rose transfigured an empty shelf a few feet away from Middleton and Aryn. As Hadrian made his way over and took his wand out Jason noticed that Aryn had her eyes closed and was focusing. Assuming what she was doing he reached into his pocket and took out his own wand. He didn't think that Middleton would be stupid enough to attack either one of them within the Ministry but if Aryn was trying to gather her magic then it was a safe bet that he should gather his to at least attempt to calm the situation. When Middleton started cutting at the dummy he wondered if he should get up and help the man calm down but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. Sometimes letting it out was better than getting calmed down and holding it in. Plus, he had a point. That prophecy basically said that he was going to die and unless Aryn actually fell in love with the man, which didn't seem likely, even she wouldn't be able to bring him back with her magic. She'd only done it once and that had been to the person she loved most at that time and yet her mother still died a few months later. Hearing Rose yell at Middleton Aryn's eyes flew open and she watched as Rose and Middleton started talking to one another and then Rose was pinning him to the ground. Aryn couldn't help but feel a bit of pride then, even if they'd just found out they were siblings it was still nice to know that she wasn't the only one willing to do what was necessary to help a friend. She grabbed Jason's hand when he got up to help and shook her head. "You don't know how your magic will interfere with hers. C'mon Jason, you're the Ravenclaw here use your brain. I can heal whatever damage the two of them do to each other." Her mouth twisted at that, she wasn't looking forward to healing Middleton but the truth was that none of them should be without their magic and strength at full capacity. "Is your magic restored?" Jason asked a bit surprised. Aryn nodded. "Yeah. I'll be fine."

When the door opened and the adults came in Aryn ignored the conversation and walked over to Middleton. Sighing she looked down at him and then knelt down in front of him. "Don't fight me on this. We need your strength to get through this madness." She muttered before leaning forward and pressing her lips against his, forcing her magic into him to heal both his magic and his pain. As her magic started going through him she felt a small resistance, that was new. Pushing through the resistance she let her magic fill him, healing his core, his physical pain, and as much of his emotional pain as she could before pulling back and attempting to stand but falling slightly with a wince as the pain went through her own body. She had to feel the pain she was healing as a side effect of the healing. As Aryn was taking care of Middleton, Jason walked over to Rose and carefully lifted her up into a princess carry. "You know, if you wanted me to carry you or hold you, you could've asked." He teased lightly. Jason looked over at the adults for a moment and saw Nathan's face as he was staring at Aryn who had her lips against Middleton's. Chuckling a bit he turned his attention back to the woman in his arms. "Aryn will be done with Middleton in a minute and will be able to help you." He told her in a soft voice as he held her against him. He was surprised that she was so much lighter than Aryn but he didn't think it would be a good idea to compare their weight. Aryn looked over at Rose and walked over to her. "Don't worry, I don't have to steal a kiss from you sister." She smiled as she leaned forward and kissed the girl on the cheek. She didn't feel any resistance and as she healed Rose she felt her magic boosting on it's own and she tried to hide her shock but Jason caught on quickly as her eyes widened. Finished healing the two she exchanged a glance with Jason before turning around to face the adults in the room.

"Why exactly did you feel the need to kiss him? He didn't look injured any." Nathan snarled. Aryn flicked her gaze over to him. He was starting to get under her nerves again and she went to walk forward but was stopped by Jason kicking her lightly in the back of her leg. Since he still had a hold of Rose he couldn't grab onto Aryn. Although he probably could put Rose down but he wouldn't until he knew she was alright. "Last time I checked, the only person who gets to complain about who I kiss is going to be that person. If Hadrian, who is my future husband, has a problem with me kissing him I'm sure he'll be vocal about it at an appropriate time." Aryn retorted as she pushed a stray lock of hair behind her ear and turned towards Mrs. Weasley. "I understand I am not of age however as the eldest daughter of the Noble House of Prince I would be considered Lady Aryn Prince/Snape/Townsend and I would like Nathan Remaklus to have no dealings in regards to my house. I am old enough to make decisions and will turn of age in less than two weeks. It is the least you can do for drugging me." Jason looked at Aryn a bit surprised that she was going to default to using that but he understood where she was coming from. Nathan was going to be nothing more than a nuisance if he couldn't get over his jealousy. "Ms. Snape I understand your frustration and your status but you need to have an adult here to speak on y—" "I can tell you right now, Minister that regardless of what that man tries to decide on my future it will not be beneficial to anything you're hoping for. His judgement is clouded by jealousy and the misunderstanding that somehow I was going to be his wife someday. If you want me to cooperate at all you'll get this man out of these dealings." Nathan was furious at this point and Eric sighed shaking his head. "I'll speak on Aryn's behalf as the adult. She stays with us more than she stays at the orphanage anyway." Jason was relieved that his dad spoke up. "Very well. I'll have Mr. Remaklus escorted from the building." Aryn nodded and turned her attention over to Middleton, Rose, and Jason. "We should get this over with." She told them, her voice calm but her eyes angry.

Sighing Jason looked down at Rose in his arms. She really was a pretty woman but he still didn't think that was a good enough reason to marry her. "Please tell me you aren't as stubborn or headstrong as she is?" He said in an amused voice. "I don't think I could ever win an argument if the two of you were to gang up on me." He shook his head. "How are you feeling though? Are you able to stand or do you need me to carry you?" He asked a bit concerned.

• @lauranatink

• A squeak erupted from Rose as she was suddenly lifted off of the ground by Lynn, hand instinctively clutching onto the Ravenclaw's robes. A pout made its way onto her lips at the teasing she received from her future husband, but she couldn't hold back the smile that was twitching to show. "You know me, love tart, I'm all for the dramatics." She replied with a giggle, wrapping her arms around Lynn's neck. If there ever was a kingdom that was all about drama, Rose would probably be the Queen, seeing as she just loves to create as much trouble as she could to either herself or someone else's life. "Don't worry, I don't have to steal a kiss from you sister." She only hummed in response, eye lids becoming heavier with every passing second. Felling soft lips against her cheek, a small genuine smile made itself known as her magic and strength started to return to her. "I'd normally want to stand by now, but you're just too warm and I'm quite comfortable where I am right now." Without opening her eyes, she lift her arm and lazily pointed her want at the ceiling, casting a silent reparo. She wasn't sure if her mending charm was powerful enough to repair the damages that Hadrian had caused, but the gasp that escaped from someone's lips was enough to indicate that she had. Seriously, anyone could become powerful if they put their willingness and determination into it. But then again, whenever she was bored, she'd just research random shit, and whatever caught her eye would be enough for her to make it her goal to master whatever it was. At the sudden question of being stubborn and headstrong, Rose snorted. "I'm much worst when I want to be, but I'm just normally stubborn." A cough by someone made her roll her eyes, even if no one could actually see her do it. "And a bit.....determined.....okay maybe a lot, but that's just little old me. Though do try to provoke me, I like a challenge once in a while." If anyone was wondering why she was randomly rambling, no one dared to ask. Huh, did she scare them away? She hadn't even showed what she could even do, but then again, she did normally scare a few of her fellow badgers. Speaking of her fellow Hufflepuffs, how was she going to decline Spriggs' date offer this upcoming Hogsmeade? Eyes fluttering open, she stared at Lynn before slyly smirking. "You'll have a slight competition with Spriggs though. Charming lad asked me out this upcoming Hogsmeade weekend."

"Spriggs? Augustus Spriggs?" Charlus asked his daughter in amazement. The Spriggs' were a pureblood family that had moved from Italy to Britain. They were mostly known for their strict and strong beliefs about blood purity, but not once had he seen the Head of the House sneer at muggleborns or half-bloods. Perhaps it had been a public act to show that they were truly not against those with impure blood and gain the good grace from other Houses. But who was he to judge someone he had no knowledge about? "I've met the young heir a few times around the Ministry with Lord Spriggs. I must admit, he is a charming lad, had nearly every witch swooned by him like Hadrian over there."
    He chuckled at the memory. Augustus Spriggs looked exactly like what a pureblood should, but the only problem was that he was a bit too.....ripped as some female muggles would say. Spriggs was tall that was for sure, but not tall enough to reach the same height as his. He was a natural brunette like his mother, and for some unknown reason, his hair was always neatly in place. He had piercing blue arctic eyes that he had inherited from his father. "They had actually proposed a marriage contract between the two of you and I still have it in my office, but it would seem that I'll have to decline the offer, especially when you seem comfortable enough in your fiancé's arms. But I must warn you that young Spriggs is as stubborn as a mule. He will still try to woo you even without the contract being signed and agreed by me." Charlus then turned to Fredrick, brows furrowed in confusion. "And do tell me, Fredrick, why is Celine begging me to make a contract between her and Hadrian before their graduation?"

"That daughter of yours is deluded, Charlus. She has it in her mind that she will become Lady Middleton. I haven't had the foggest idea why you haven't thrown that brat back where she truly belongs with her gold digging whore of a mother." Fredrick grumbled, crossing his arms against his chest with a huff. "If that brat does ask about the contract, do tell her that I'll sign it when muggle hell freezes over. Which is never. I have no desire to have a daughter-in-law who does not know how to close her legs. And you should know how that feels, Charlus, seeing as you've experienced what it was like to be married to a whore who only stayed and pretended to love because of the money." The end comment held a tone of an I told you so which Fredrick seemed to bathe in. He had after all warned his friend back in the days where they were still in Hogwarts. He had even given clues that were painfully obvious to everybody else, but alas his friend was too deep into this so called love he had held for the woman that he had ignored the warnings. And now here they were, single fathers with troublesome children who could never be left alone who were being forced into a war and marriage that was predicted by a pure Seer. "Must you remind me of the wrongs I have done in my youth? Or would you like me to remind you that you had went and gotten a Gaunt pregnant who hid the pregnancy and child from you because of the neglect that you've given her?" Charlus growled back. As the other man stood in silence, he smirked in triumph before turning to the adolescences who were watching their interaction. "Next stop is my office, I have the marriage contracts with me since the Minister will be having a meeting with the muggle Prime Minister. But don't worry, our offices are quite near." With that he turned and walked out of the door, Fredrick following him a few minutes later, robes billowing as they walked.

Hadrian stared at Townsend/Snape for a few minutes before letting out a chuckle. Amused at the fight his father was having with Charlus and that the Gryffindor had actually kissed him, even if the purpose was to heal. He could vividly recall the many times she had told him that she would've preferred to die than do something intimate with him such as a kiss. Shaking his head, he stood up, unable to fight of the smile that was twitching to show. He made his way over to Townsend/Snape, Lynn and Rose, curious to know about his friend's well being. Before he could even take a step more, he was spun around and he felt something connect with his face. He didn't need to look to know who it was, he already had his suspicion. "You really should have not done that, Remaklus." He stated darkly, clutching the wand in his right hand rather tightly. He was sure his cheek was going to bruise later or by tomorrow. Turning his head to properly face Nathan Remaklus, he pointed his wand at the man, thrusting the tip of his wand to his throat. "I've only just met you and you've been pushing my buttons, Remaklus. And I just might have had figured out as to why Aryn would never marry a possessive bastard like you. And I'm sure Rose would be happy enough to wipe out your existence. Who would even miss you? A simple oblivate would be enough to get rid of their memories they had with you."

Jason chuckled a bit hearing Rose call him warm and comfortable and he held her a bit closer to him. Her comments about stubbornness caused a smile to break out on both his and Aryn's face. Stubbornness was something Jason was used to and having some similarities between the two women would make sense. He listened as she talked about having a date with Spriggs this upcoming Hogsmeade weekend and he wasn't really sure how he was supposed to react to that news. On one hand he didn't know Rose and if she actually had feelings for him then he felt even more guilty about the marriage arrangement. That didn't quite make sense either since it wasn't him who set up the marriage arrangement. He listened to the two Lord's in the room and wasn't sure if he should laugh or being embarrassed about everything that was being aired. Aryn's eyes shone with amusement though. "Spriggs is pretty good-looking. He's also a fairly decent guy, one of the few who doesn't take my running outfit as an invitation to touch." Aryn grinned. Eric just shook his head. "You know, you should stop running in those clothes." Aryn looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "I'm gonna wear what I want to. No one can make me stop and it doesn't hurt anyone for me to wear it as long as they keep their hands to themselves." Aryn shrugged. The comments about Celine had made her laugh though. "Sooooooooooooo, can I pretty please be the one to tell Celine that she isn't going to marry Hadrian but I am? I may not be happy about it but I sure as hell will love the look on her face when I tell her." Jason laughed at her comment and shook his head as he looked back down at Rose and realized he wanted to talk with her for a bit. "Aryn can you do me a favor?" Jason asked looking up at her. Aryn turned her gaze to look at him curiously and saw him look down at Rose. Smiling she took out her wand and pointed it at the two of them. "Peaser." She said softly. A shield covered Jason and Rose so they could have a private conversation. Eric looked at Aryn and smiled. "Alright, you four be good and follow when they're done with their conversation." He followed Frederick out of the room to go to the marriage arrangements.

Jason looked down at the woman in his arms with a serious expression. "I'll be straightforward with you Rose, mostly because I don't have much time here to find a tactful way to say this." He gave her an apologetic smile. "I don't know you well enough to say I'm happy about the fact that we're going to be living together or getting married but I can try to get to know you if you're okay with that. I can be charming, regardless of what people think, but the biggest thing for me is honesty in a relationship and I can at least promise to always be honest with you. Can we at least try to get to know each other well, even if it means I have to woo you away from Spriggs?" He gave her a genuine smile then. Aryn had been looking at Jason and Rose for a moment when she turned around to see Nathan hitting Middleton. She couldn't believe that he had just done that. There's no possible way that, that of all things just happened was there? Damnit, why were all the men around her such bloody idiots? She watched as Middleton turned and put his wand at Nathan's throat. As much as she wanted to let him, she couldn't. For one there was absolutely no reason for Middleton to get into trouble with the Ministry because of her. She was a bit surprised hearing him say her name though instead of Townsend. That was something she wasn't going to get used to anytime soon. Taking a deep breath she tried calming her temper, but it was a fruitless effort. Looking at Jason and Rose she saw that Jason was still looking at her sister and she knew that she should interrupt them so they knew what was going on but there wasn't time if she was going to prevent Middleton from killing Nathan.

Taking a few steps so she was standing by her future husband she put a small hand on his and with some effort pushed his wandarm down. "As much as I would love to let you, especially for what the idiot did, I can't let you do something that would make our future together terrible sweetheart." She figured she could at least play the loving wife part. It seemed to get under Nathan's skin quite a bit. "Plus, he's done more wrongs to me so if anyone gets to kill him it's me." Her eyes flashed. Aryn also knew she could get Nathan taken care of on her own. Turning to Nathan, her eyes blazing, she looked up at him with her hand on her wand. "Nathan Patrick Remaklus, you need to leave here and never come back. I will not be returning to the orphanage and when you get back you will go to your father and tell him the truth about what you did. You will then go to the authorities and confess to what you did. I will speak with them in two days to tell them what you did if you do not confess." The more she talked the steelier her voice got and the paler Nathan's face went. "Y-you know I only did it because I lov—" "That's not love, what him and I had was love and because of you he's dead. You will tell them what you did Nathan, now go." Her body was starting to shake as the memories surfaced and she took a deep breath. When Nathan turned around she raised her wand, pointing it at him. "Obliviate." She said softly. Taking all his memories of her and what he had seen and learned about the wizarding world. When she was done she kept her wand pointed at him and wordlessly stunned him, watching him fall to the ground with her face still steely.

Jason looked up after a bit and noticed that Aryn had her wand out and Nathan was on the ground. "Well, shit." He muttered as he kept ahold of Rose. "Don't tell Aryn I said this, but I'm extremely glad that you're lighter than she is." He grinned down at her. He looked at Aryn and wished he could reach his wand but part of him didn't want to put Rose down. Aryn turned to them with her wand pointed and shattered the spell. "Did you finally snap?" Jason asked softly as he walked over to her. Looking down at her he saw the pain in her eyes from the memories and he took a step closer to her. "Aryn, you're alright and everyone here is safe and it's not your fault." He told her softly. "Come on, don't make me tell them how you got your nickname Rosie." Jason said getting a short laugh from Aryn; Shaking her head she looked at Rose and smiled. "Nice reparo by the way." Aryn told Rose in a quiet voice, not much like herself. "Alright, we should probably find the adults before they come to find us." Taking a step over Nathan she left the room.

• @lauranatink

• "I know, I know. Do you really think I haven't noticed you being all charming and nice to everyone regardless of what goes around people's minds? I've been someone who you constantly buttheads with during classes, and you think I haven't noticed these weird things you do whenever no one looks. I'm even offended that you haven't even taken a bit amount of time questioning about the things I do, and that's saying a lot." It was true really. If she were to find a likely candidate who had the same knowledge and passion as she had, then it would be wise to know a few things about them, to which she could use to her advantage later on. "And honesty will be the least of your worries, love tart. Do you actually think that I'll pull a Celine on you? Relationships aren't my greatest forte, so good luck with making me understand.....stuff," Rose grimace at the use of word at the end of her sentence, but immediately masked it away with a smile. Relationships were something she had not had the pleasure to experience, especially with Celine being around with her ears open when it came to her. It was not easy trying to maintain a strong bond with someone with that bitch up and about, tempting them with her body when she had thought Rose wasn't looking. Her previous relationships usually ended a few hours after meeting her father, always with her catching both man and Celine having a shag in either her room or somewhere public. where anyone could simply walk in. But the thing was, Celine is, to put it simply, loud. It was if she loved to broadcast to the entire world that she was having someone pounding into her. Even the painting in the manor were disgusted by her, especially the crude things she did in both public and private. "By all means, you have my approval. I'd like to see the look on Spriggs' face when he finds out he has a competition with you."

At the cuss that came from Lynn made Rose look up. And what she saw wasn't a pretty picture if she were an Auror. The sudden comment about her weight made her tense up. She could accept that she looked nice, but lighter than Aryn? Now that was something she rarely heard from someone. "It's rude to comment about a woman's weight, Jason." She scolded. People were slightly intimidated to compliment her in many things and it probably had to do with the bullying Celine and her gang did. And the words thrown at her might've been taken into heart. Though she wondered if anyone else took note of how rarely she ate in the Great Hall nowadays. Eh, it was her business, not theirs. Hadrian scowled at the sudden interruption of Townsend/Snape. He begrudgingly lowered his arm, but that hadn't stop him from wanting to murder that bastard. He watched as his wife-to-be obliviated and stunned Remaklus at the same time. A small surge of pride swelled up for some reason, but he was used to feeling that by now about some people he met. Looking down at the body, Hadrian pushed his right leg back and kicked as hard as he could at Remaklus balls, with a slight help of his magic. By the time he was going to be conscious, I'll feel like someone had ripped of his balls and proceeded to place alcohol on the wound. Sneering, he left the room without a word and made his way over to the lifts where Townsend/Snape was waiting. "His death will be the second thing you'll have once we marry."

Rose watched in amusement as Remaklus' body twitched in obvious pain. Whatever spell or curse Hadrian had used seemed to work perfectly if the body was twitching as if it had been under the Cruciatus Curse. Muggles, such easy sheep to target. "I'm fine now, so you could put me down if you want." She suggested. It wasn't that she didn't liked being carried, she loved it, but she was not willing to be someone's burden when they have more important things to discuss about, such as their marriage contracts. She had enough strength to stand, but walking was something she wasn't enturely sure about, but nonetheless, she was going to walk even if it meant using a bit more of her magic. She was not going to be the reason to someone's downfall or pain.

Aryn leaned against the lifts as she waited for the others to join her. She had debated sitting on the ground, she may be able to prevent herself from having to hold onto someone so she doesn't fall. It was times like these that she really hated her height. Hearing Middleton's comment, Aryn shrugged. "Works for me." Her voice was still quiet as her thoughts were elsewhere. She was thinking about the past, her mother and the man Nathan had taken from her. That on top of the fact that she was going to go view a bloody marriage arrangement to a man that had no affection for her or her for him was not helping her to stay calm. Finding out she had a sister was about the only good thing that had come from this day. Reaching an arm up she took the ponytail out of her hair, letting her mass of curls fall around her shoulders as she started running a hand through it. Aryn looked up at Middleton then and took a few steps so she was standing in front of him. Putting a hand on the cheek Nathan had punched she closed her eyes and focused. The more intimate the contact the faster she was able to heal, not being one for physical contact she usually did the kiss and got it over with. But for something as small as a bruise it should be fine. She winced a bit as she felt the pain on her own face. "I guess he can hit a bit harder than I thought." She muttered as she rubbed her cheek. "It's been over a year since he sparred with me so I guess I just forgot." Taking a few steps back from him she returned to leaning against the side of the lift, her head down and letting her hair cover her face as she returned to her thoughts.

Jason looked at Nathan with some amusement. The man deserved more than what Aryn and Middleton had done. Hearing Rose say he could put her down he looked at her for a moment, wondering if she was really alright. "Alright I'll put you down. I have a few favors though." He gave her a soft smile. "Aryn is probably confused all to hell with everything going on, like most of us, but finding out she has a sister she's going to want to become real family with you. She's a bit overprotective when it comes to her friends so I can only imagine what that would be like as a sister but I would like to ask you to get to know her. I think you want that to, if the concern you showed earlier was any indication but I just wanted to let you know that Aryn won't show any weakness in front of others if she can help it. Other than her blasted temper that is." He grinned a bit. "Which it seems runs in the family." He teased. "Second, if you're still feeling weak hold her hand. For her the more intimate the contact the faster she can heal but she can heal from simple touches as well and it can strengthen you as we go up there so you aren't weak." He set her down carefully and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Third, I would like to take you on a date to Hogsmeade, I'll make sure to let my competition know that I'll be the perfect gentleman and that he can share your time you're your future husband." Jason gave her a mischievous grin. "Oh, and I do pay attention to you as well Rose, you really should eat more often." He told her before he started walking towards the door. Getting to the door he looked around and saw an adult and waved him down. "Mr. Remaklus seems to have been overwhelmed by the information he received, could you please have someone send him back to his home? I've checked and he should be fine physically he just needs rest and resting at his home would be best since he is a muggle." Jason had a polite, innocent look on his face and the adult nodded in response.

Jason walked towards the lifts and stopped for a moment when he saw Aryn and he sighed. Continuing towards the lifts he stayed close to Rose in case she needed any help. When they got inside he held onto one of the ropes and looked at Aryn who wasn't paying any attention. He turned to Middleton. "I've no idea where we're supposed to go. The only part of the Ministry I've seen is what Aryn destroyed and this part today." Jason explained calmly. Aryn looked up then and over at Jason with a forced smile but turned her attention to Rose then. "You alright?" She asked with a tone of concern.

• @lauranatink

• Hadrian snorted. "You call that a punch?" He asked in disbelief. "It felt like a punch coming from a little girl." Half of what he said was true, especially the little girl part. He had received something far worst than that sissy punch, being thrown half way across the manor by a flick of a snake's tail as an example. He couldn't remember much about the incident, but he was sure that the snake was just another basilisk that was wondering around the manor's forests, probably looking for something eat. Yes, he was definitely sure that is was a basilisk. What creature — with a tail ― could possibly be able to throw him across the manor with a flick? It could have been a Hydra yes, but those Lords are difficult to find, especially when their population is very low at the moment. Hadrian sighed when Townsend/Snape took a few steps back and returned to leaning against the side of the lift. "I know you hate this as much as I do, but I can't deny the fact that this is something I can't interfere with." He admitted with a sigh. It was easy explaining things to others, but right now, he could not deny that things have gotten awkward between them. Townsend/Snape was still herself, yet at the same time a bit more distant than usual. She had the right to, having found out that she was about to marry a pompous git was perhaps not her ideal marriage. And the fact that she had obliviated a man after a traumatic experience was really......something? "I don't really think obliviating Remaklus was the proper punishment." Hadrian started. "Yes, I understand that you don't like him and as do I, but was it worth it? That you've gone and taken some memories that could have been precious to him?" Though it sounded like it did, he hadn't intended on accusing her, but he did have a point. Townsend/Snape hadn't known if those memories she had taken away from Remaklus were something he cherished, and if it were true, then if it were him, he wouldn't be able to move on knowing that he had taken away someone's happiness with a flick of a wand.

"You won't want to talk about it with me, that I'm sure about, but if either Lynn or Rose aren't available, then I'm willing to listen." He offered. If he was going to marry this woman, then he needed to start being nice ― much to his dismay ― but that didn't mean he was going to easily allow her into his life. If she wanted to know him, then she had to work for it, especially his trust. He was not going to speak about his past so foolishly, he had learnt his lesson. At the memory that dared to remind him, he itched to touch the scar that lay on his chest, but held his ground. He was not going to show weakness, especially in front of Townsend/Snape. "Though, do try to smile more often, it.....suits you." He choked out the last part. As a lift came to a halt, Hadrian slide the grill gate open and stepped in. Just in time, both Rose and Lynn came out of the room, Rose now walking instead of being carried in Lynn's arms. He took note of the slight flush on the Hufflepuff's cheek and pouty look. He gave her a questioning look, only to receive a glare in return. Rolling his eyes, he turned to look at Lynn. "Yeah, don't worry about that, but I should warn you that this ride would be more rougher than a while ago."

"I'm alright, but I'm not sure about Remaklus though. I think Hadrian had removed fatherhood from that man." Rose giggled as she informed her sister of the little event that took place a few minutes she had left. Hadrian scowled at his friend. Satisfying it may have been, he had not intended for the man to be deprived from fatherhood as Rose eloquently put it, but the chance of becoming erect. "He deserved it. No one has the right to hurt Hadrian besides myself unless given my permission. Be it physical, mental or emotional." She announced ridiculously with a raise of her nose. It was half a lie really. As Rose had made an oath to be Hadrian's sister despite not being really really related, it was her duty to at least try to protect him. Now that she had found out that Aryn was her sister, the same would go for her, which meant that her friend was going to have a bit of a challenge. "It's nice to know you care about my well being." Hadrian drawled out. After closing the grill gate, he took ahold of one of the ropes. It didn't take long for the lift to lurch back and proceeded to ascend. It was a short ride, but the lift had stopped at Level Eight and the grill gate was slid open. Rose grinned widely at the man who joined their merry group, taking a step back for more space for the awkward man. "Well isn't this such a lovely reunion." The sudden sound of her voice startled the young man, making him drop the paper he held. His head whipped over to her, eyes wide in alarm, though it didn't take long for recognition to kick in. "A-augustine." The man stammered before taking a look at the occupants of the lift, his eyes landed on Hadrian and he flushed a deep colour of red. Before he could even say his name, the lift moved, causing him to stumble. Hadrian being the nice guy tha he was, caught the former Hufflepuff. "My offer still stands, little duck."

Never in his life as Romulus Constantinides had he been called something as humiliating as little duck. The little part was half true. He was a few inches shorter than Hadrian, head reaching up to the man's ears, but he was still taller than a few woman his age. Now the duck part, he had no idea where that came from and he did not like it. At all. "I am not little!" He hissed, pushing himself away from the Sytherin only to stumble once more as the lift came to another stop. "Level 7: Department of Magical Games and Sports, incorporating the British and Irish Quidditch League Headquarters, Official Gobstones Clud, and Ludicrous Patents Office." The feminine voice announced. As no one was going to enter or leave the lift, it proceeded to ascend once more. "Nor am I a duck! How in Merlin's name did you come up with something as absurd as that?" Taking out his wand, Romulus mumbled a spell and he watched as the papers on the floor arranged themselves and levitated to his outstretch arm. With a huff, he glared at Hadrian, but that didn't cease his blushing. "Everyone in Hufflepuff knows the amount of time you spent in the perfect's bathroom, Romulus. Why do you think the other Perfects avoid that bathroom after your last subject of the day and before dinner?" Rose piped in with a snort of amusement. "Now before you start ogling Hadrian, I must ask, how are you?" It was more or less a secret and only a few selected had figured it out, but with Hadrian going about and flirting when he wanted to, it would be obvious that he was bisexual. Who was she to judge anyway. "If you must know, working with incompetent fools actually drain my enthusiasm to work, as if I even had any." He mumbled the last part with a resigned sigh. Turning to the other two occupants, he tilted his head to the side in confusion. "Now I know that Hadrian and Townsend were destructive, everyone knows that, but I'm displeased to find you here Rose. I thought all the students in our house had agreed that we would keep our destructiveness a secret until a chance presents itself. Care to explain?"

Rose stared at her former housemate, contemplating whether to comply to his request or not. "The Minister wanted to speak to us and she did. Now, we're off to meet father and Uncle Fred." Her answer was subtle and short, enough to satisfy Romulus but there was no mistaken curiosity in his eyes. She didn't know about her sister and Lynn, but something such as a prophecy had to be kept as a secret, lest it would be heard by the wrong people. Getting the hint, Romulus nodded. "Level 6: Department of Magical Transport, incorporating the Floo Network Authortiy, Broom Regulatory Control, Portkey Office, and Apparation Test Centre." Turning around, Romulus inwardly groaned as a familiar face stepped into the lift. "Well, isn't this just peachy." Hadrian grumbled, pressing himself even further into the lift till his back was pressed against the wall. Constantine Giuseppe Esposito Montefalco stared at the occupants in front of him and rolled his eyes. Well, after they landed on Hadrian. Steel blue locked with emerald green and Hadrian had to surpass a shiver. Three years and the intensity behind those eyes still made his body wrack with pleasurable shivers. Salazar's pants. How many old flames was he going to meet while in the Ministry?

Status
Not open for further replies.