Wayward Space (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're going to pass, but thanks for the quick reply. c:

Super excited for this.

Reactions: Captain Illiterate
IC is up: CLOSED SIGNUPS - Wayward Space

It occured to me that me and @Mippu are really the only crew on the ship, the rest of you bought passage. I really don't want to make and control GM-NPCS so I explained in my post that Eva and Aaron are pretty much running the ship themselves with the on-board computers assisting heavily. In retrospect I realize that five people on such a big ship is kind of empty so feel free to create NPCs as you see fit. You don't have to make character sheets for NPCs just know that anyone else is allowed to control them as well. I imagine in addition to the three non-crew players there will be a number of other NPCs who had purchased room aboard the Nomad.

EDIT: I also like the Idea of Eva and I being the only actual crew of the ship. So i'm changing my role to Operator. I essentially just go around the ship making sure all the systems are running smoothly. It doesn't make sense to have a dedicated captain in a crew of two, though Aaron will be the senior crewman.

I think it makes sense to have limited people aboard, what with this being the first time people have gone through a Baron Gate. I don't know how many people would want to spend large sums of money buying passage without knowing for sure it will work.

Are NPCs going to be our obligatory red shirts? :D

Also, I developed Gideon with an odd set of skills, so I intend for him to have to learn to help out with the ship and whatnot. He's capable if shown how, but he may complain about it at first.

Edit: As soon as I'm home I'll get started on a post. c:

Last edited:
Reactions: Banana-senpai
IC is up: CLOSED SIGNUPS - Wayward Space

It occured to me that me and @Mippu are really the only crew on the ship, the rest of you bought passage. I really don't want to make and control GM-NPCS so I explained in my post that Eva and Aaron are pretty much running the ship themselves with the on-board computers assisting heavily. In retrospect I realize that five people on such a big ship is kind of empty so feel free to create NPCs as you see fit. You don't have to make character sheets for NPCs just know that anyone else is allowed to control them as well. I imagine in addition to the three non-crew players there will be a number of other NPCs who had purchased room aboard the Nomad.

EDIT: I also like the Idea of Eva and I being the only actual crew of the ship. So i'm changing my role to Operator. I essentially just go around the ship making sure all the systems are running smoothly. It doesn't make sense to have a dedicated captain in a crew of two, though Aaron will be the senior crewman.
Ohh, this is fun. Could you please maybe describe Eva's job on the ship too? I don't want to step over Aaron's duties or end up under-working.

Ohh, this is fun. Could you please maybe describe Eva's job on the ship too? I don't want to step over Aaron's duties or end up under-working.
Navigation and course plotting. The ship has an auto-pilot mode but in instances where delicacy is needed Eva would need to assist, such as docking, navigating tight spaces or other locations where a lot of variables exist that the computer might not be able to consider. It would be both of our jobs to perform maintenance on the ship as needed. Also, while Aaron might know a lot about how to keep the ship running you would know far more about what it's capable of.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Just finished my post! I swear, it's been so long since I've actually written for a character. Hopefully it's alright! I was really excited while doing it, so that's a good sign. Really looking forward to taking on this story with y'all!

Awesome! Hope everyone else agrees on the color. I've always hated being in a RP where I can't read what's being said because it's something crazy and obnoxious. xD

Awesome! Hope everyone else agrees on the color. I've always hated being in a RP where I can't read what's being said because it's something crazy and obnoxious. xD
Everything looked good. For clarification, you don't need to use a color. I was in an RP for a couple years and we used colors for dialogue so it just became a habit.

The next post will go up tomorrow night. I have a lot of personal work i've been doing this week so I havn't had a lot of free time.

Reactions: Applo
I didn't want to move too far at once with my post so I didn't explain where exactly we are now, but Earth and Mars are gone. Another Earth like planet is on the monitors in their place. Basically we've arrived to our first world.

My next post will be calling everyone to the bridge. I'll probably want to do a brief collab with @Mippu so our characters can discuss what to do. I imagine they'd want to talk in private for a bit before the other passengers undoubtedly come storming in for answers. The collab won't actually hold up the next post though so don't worry about that.

I concur with lannister, that was cracking really looking forward to where this is going

• Thank You
I agree, that was amazing! I'm open to working with you before I do my post so I can steer us in the right direction, @Yreka
Okay. Well write you're post up to the point I left off at and we can pick the collab up from there.

• Thank You
Is there a set posting order, or would it be okay if I wrote one later tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.