Wayfinder Academy of Adventurous Arts

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind. I've always been comfortable with GM's having PC's, so long as the GM can keep separate information, which most seem able to do.

Oh shoot... I thought everyone had two feats >.>
Time to redraft my totally awesome character again... Bah. That's what I get for working ahead.

Can you also tell me about traits now so I don't screw it up again? And anything else creation-wise.

Well, you get two traits, but you can't have more than one in each section. So you only get one combat trait, one faith trait, and so on. That's pretty much it. Just pick something that you want attached to your character's history. That's what traits are for basically, just ways to increase character history

Exactly as Requiem stated! :D

I don't think we'll have a problem with it. If you need to, I'll post an example sheet up in a bit, which may end up being my DM/PC.

This is a 'standard' sheet, done in a way that everyone can read it. You're free to use sites that give you a sheet, of course. Ask questions!

Name: Reynald Canidae
Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Level: 1
Languages: Common, Celestial.

Str: 10 | +0
Dex: 15 | +2
Con: 14 | +2
Int: 12 | +1
Wis: 14 | +2
Cha: 16 | +3

HP: 14 (As a cleric, Reynald starts with 8 HP. His Con score gives him a +2 bonus. He got a +1 bonus because Cleric is his 'favored class'. He got a further +3 bonus

thanks to his Toughness feat. Reynald's hard to kill!)
BAB: +0 (Clerics are good at defending themselves, but not at killing. Reynald gets no class-given bonus to hittin' things.)
AC: 20 | 10 | 6 | 2 | 2 (Reynald is girded in medium armor, carrying a shield, and quick on his feat. He's hard to damage.)
Fort: +4 | 2 | 2 | 0
Ref: +2 | 0 | 2 | 0
Will: +4 | 2 | 2 | 0

Feats: (As a human, Reynald gets two feats at first level.)
- Scribe Scroll: You can create a scroll of any spell that you know. Scribing a scroll takes 2 hours if its base price is 250 gp or less, otherwise scribing a scroll takes 1 day for each 1,000 gp in its base price. To scribe a scroll, you must use up raw materials costing half of this base price.
- Toughness: +3 HP at 1st level. Starting at 4th level, the character gains +1 HP per level.

Racial: (Effects determined by your race. Reynald has an alternate choice: 'Heart of the Fields'.)
- +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Size: Humans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic). See

the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
- Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
- Heart of the Fields (Alternate Racial Trait): Humans born in rural areas are used to hard labor. They gain a racial bonus equal to half their character level to any one Craft or Profession skill, and once per day they may ignore an effect that would cause them to become fatigued or exhausted. This racial trait replaces skilled.

Class Abilities:
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Clerics are proficient with all simple weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields). Clerics are also proficient with the favored weapon of their deities.
- Aura: A cleric of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to the deity's alignment (see detect evil for details).
- Spells: A cleric casts divine spells which are drawn from the cleric spell list. Her alignment, however, may restrict her from casting certain spells opposed to her

moral or ethical beliefs; see Chaotic, Evil, Good, and Lawful Spells. A cleric must choose and prepare her spells in advance.
- Channel Energy (1d6): Channeling energy causes a burst that affects all creatures of one type (either undead or living) in a 30-foot radius centered on the cleric. The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 1d6 points of damage plus 1d6 points of damage for every two cleric levels beyond 1st (2d6 at 3rd, 3d6 at 5th, and so on). Creatures that take damage from channeled energy receive a Will save to halve the damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the cleric's level + the cleric's Charisma modifier. Creatures healed by channel energy cannot exceed their maximum hit point total—all excess healing is lost. A cleric may channel energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier. This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. A cleric can choose whether or not to include herself in this effect.
- Domains: A cleric's deity influences her alignment, what magic she can perform, her values, and how others see her. A cleric chooses two domains from among those belonging to her deity.
- Spontaneous Casting: A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that she did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can "lose" any prepared spell that is not an orison or domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with "cure" in its name).

Traits:
- Chosen One (Sarenrae, Religion): You may cast light once per day as a spell-like ability (caster level 1st), and you begin play with a masterwork scimitar. In addition, whenever light is cast upon this sword, the radius of light and its duration is doubled.
- Flame of the Dawn (Sarenrae, Faith): Whenever you score a critical hit with a scimitar, you deal 2 additional points of fire damage to your target.

Skills:
Appraise (Int): +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Craft: Alchemy (Int): +5 | 1 | 1 | 3
Diplomacy (Cha): +3 | 3 | 0 | 0
Heal (Wis): +6 | 2 | 1 | 3
Knowledge: Arcana (Int): +/ | 1 | 0 | 0
Knowledge: History (Int): +/ | 1 | 0 | 0
Knowledge: Nobility (Int): +/ | 1 | 0 | 0
Knowledge: Planes (Int): +/ | 1 | 0 | 0
Knowledge: Religion (Int): +5 | 1 | 1 | 3
Linguistics (Int): +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Profession (Wis): +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Sense Motive (Wis): +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Spellcraft (Int): +1 | 1 | 0 | 0

Equipment: 1gp, 4sp.
- Masterwork Scimitar (free, from trait).
- Scale Mail Armor.
- Heavy Wooden Shield.
- Silver Holy Symbol (Sarenrae).
- Explorer's Outfit (free, one set of clothing).
- Backpack.
- Bedroll, Blanket.
- Alchemist's Fire (4 flasks).

Powers: (Special powers gained from your class. In Reynald's case, his god-given Domains.)
- Healing Domain -
Granted Powers: Your touch staves off pain and death, and your healing magic is particularly vital and potent.
* Rebuke Death (Sp): You can touch a living creature as a standard action, healing it for 1d4 points of damage plus 1 for every two cleric levels you possess. You can only use this ability on a creature that is below 0 hit points. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
* Healer's Blessing (Su): At 6th level, all of your cure spells are treated as if they were empowered, increasing the amount of damage healed by half (+50%). This does not apply to damage dealt to undead with a cure spell. This does not stack with the Empower Spell metamagic feat.
+Domain Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, 2nd—cure moderate wounds, 3rd—cure serious wounds, 4th—cure critical wounds, 5th—breath of life, 6th—heal, 7th—regenerate, 8th—mass cure critical wounds, 9th—mass heal.

- Fire Domain -
Granted Powers: You can call forth fire, command creatures of the inferno, and your flesh does not burn.
* Fire Bolt (Sp): As a standard action, you can unleash a scorching bolt of divine fire from your outstretched hand. You can target any single foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack with this bolt of fire. If you hit the foe, the fire bolt deals 1d6 points of fire damage + 1 point for every two cleric levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
* Fire Resistance (Ex): At 6th level, you gain resist fire 10. This resistance increases to 20 at 12th level. At 20th level, you gain immunity to fire.
+Domain Spells: 1st—burning hands, 2nd—produce flame, 3rd—fireball, 4th—wall of fire, 5th—fire shield, 6th—fire seeds, 7th—elemental body IV (fire only), 8th—incendiary cloud, 9th—elemental swarm (fire spell only).

Spells:
(Reynald can cast his orisons, or 0-level spells, as many times per day as he wants. He only gets a few 1st-level spells, comparitively. He can prepare two first-level spells: one, plus one from his Wisdom score. He also gets a bonus from his class - Clerics get one of their Domain spells for free. Reynald has taken his power from the Fire domain: Burning Hands.)

Orisons (3):
*Spark: Ignites flammable objects.
*Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
*Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.

1st-Level (2+1):
*Burning Disarm: A metal object instantly becomes red hot possibly causing the wielder to drop it or take damage.
*Bless: Allies gain +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear.
*Burning Hands: 1d4/level fire damage (max 5d4).

Also, here's a blank sheet.

Name:
Race:
Class:
Level:

Str: 10 | +0
Dex: 10 | +0
Con: 10 | +0
Int: 10 | +0
Wis: 10 | +0
Cha: 10 | +0

HP: 00
BAB: +0
AC: 10 | 10 | 0 | 0
Fort: +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Ref: +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Will: +0 | 0 | 0 | 0

Feats:
-

Racial:
-

Class Abilities:
-

Traits:
-
-

Skills:

Equipment:

Powers:

Spells:

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you calculate HP? d20 seems to be leaving a bit out... or it's exceedingly hard to find what you're looking for there.
And when does an ability count as 'high', like Intelligence? (I'm a language hound :P)

Sorry, I'm out of town at the moment. I have my keyboard with me and can update from my phone. I'll put up the link for my character sheet once i get back okay? ^^

Reactions: Koene
Your HP is based on your class! :D

Sorcerers and Wizards start with 6 HP (and get a d6 HP every level thereafter).
Bards, Clerics, Rogues, Druids and Monks get 8 HP (d8 every level after).
Fighters, Rangers, and Paladins get 10 HP (d10 every level after).
Barbarians start with 12 HP (and d12 every level thereafter).

A 'high' stat is anything over 11... so anything that gets a bonus! So you gain one extra language for every + from your intelligence.

What? ...really?
I can add three totally amazing new languages to my arsenal?

. . . -passes out-

-edit-
Oh! I think I found a translator!
Nyaha, I will confuse all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Err... I mean, for every "+1".
So:

12 to 13 gives +1 language.
14 to 15 give +2 language.
16 to 17 give +3 language...

...but I have +3, don't I? Or is Myth-weavers ruining my hopes and dreams? :|

If you've got a 16 or 17 Intelligence, you've got a +3 modifier. :D

Edited my last post, adding Reynald into the mix... as well as possibly inspiring one of you to poooooost.

So many people coming and going! So much chaos! So... oh, my head.

Yeah. The thing is, once we get the Feats finished... that's a created character, really. Traits are optional.

So once that's done, we can start plot.

Thank goodness!
But can we have a practice round with dummies before we go off to save the world? I'd like to know our combined battle strategy.

Oh, yes.

By plot, I'm mostly interested in teaching a bit about the world and the current issues in the world, to set up what'll come later.

Come later... Do I sense a sequel?
Wayfinder Academy: Return from Glory or something

Reactions: Silver
Hee. The Wayfinder has the potential to become a lineage game. Characters attend the school, grow up, have adventures, then their kids, nieces & nephews, or a new generation does the same...

Forward to Disaster is a big hint, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.