What's your favourite Army?

• Dark Eldar - We're Emo Space Elves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just like polls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, my point was that Tau can't count on enemy factions on not getting in range, cause they have a lot of ways to get in range

My favorite way to counter Tau in DoW 1 was to use jumpers or other units that can just be deepstriked and tie them up in melee

Nah, my point was that Tau can't count on enemy factions on not getting in range, cause they have a lot of ways to get in range

My favorite way to counter Tau in DoW 1 was to use jumpers or other units that can just be deepstriked and tie them up in melee
You played against some spectacularly shitty Tau then. They make up for shitty melee with great spotters (those invisible scouts) and incredible mobility on the units where it counts the most. (Scouts, heavy power armour troopers, et cetera.)

Space Marines never gave me trouble as the Tau. Neither did Chaos. Their jet pack range was less than that of my total firing range, so as long as I had spotters (which what Tau does not have spotters?) I was always able to wipe out even their fastest troops before they could reach me. No, they never gave me issues.

Orks did.

Those little green fucktards are endless and if they're left alone in the early game, they'll get to such a grotesque point where they can just keep pumping out more, super-heavy soldiers pretty much indefinitely. Because the Tau have no real melee (unless you seriously count the joke that is the entirety of the Kroot race), they can't push the front line against endless waves of green. The Tau also have some pretty shit early game, because it takes them a while to build up the core mass of soldiers and supports necessary to make them dangerous.

As an added bonus, their heaviest infantry have the equivalent armour rating of vehicles, which Tau weapons are less effective against.

Eldar can also fuck up Tau pretty hard, since Tau spotters are not detectors. You can walk straight into the middle of an Eldar clusterfuck and not know it.

Heck, I'd even wager the Imperial Army can if they can get enough artillery going, and properly predict where the core of the Tau army is going. The Imperium also have some pretty decent late game range, so while they can't quite toe-to-toe the Tau, given artillery support, they can actually win by cheating the contest via demoralizing all of the Tau.

Did you somehow miss the part where I mentioned deepstriking terminators?

And I could say the same for you, you obviously fought some pretty bad space marines/chaos

Ladies, Gentlemen, let's all be civil about this.
Instead of arguing over the superiority of our various factions, full well knowing that we all shine brightly in different ways, I suggest we focus on something all of us can agree on.

~Fuck the Eldar.~

~Doublestuff and fuck Eldrad.~

Big-ass image below.

eldar-release-4.jpg

There's something incredibly Ork-minded in Eldar wraith constructs, but I must admit, the Wraithknight started the trend that broke the tabletop game and encouraged GW to make some decisions in the way of profits, not rules. It's why there's the Stormsurge, Imperial Knights, and a host of other big too-good-for-their-points big nasties out there.

Inb4 deepstrike assault terminators and assault marines hahahahaha...
Unless the rules states that Units arriving on deep strike cannot charge on the first turn also early warning override.

Unless the rules states that Units arriving on deep strike cannot charge on the first turn also early warning override.
I'm talking about Dawn of War 1/2, I've never played tabletop

I said what I did because it's absolutely hilarious to see a tau player's reaction to having a bunch of Assault Terminators dropped in the middle of their laps.

Or even just regular space marines ala drop pods

Chaos can also drop possessed marines into their midst, and Khorne Zerkers move fast enough to close with them

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabriel Heartache
Frankly, Gwazi, I am mortally offended that you wouldn't include the Adepta Sororitas, and I'll be sure to drown you in the eternal hellfire and pointy nipple plates of the Emperor's venerated Daughters if we ever meet.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Just wanna say this: Boob Plates are awful and tactically unsound. The Sisters don't need any more reminders that they're girls cuz it's in their bloody name.

Just wanna say this: Boob Plates are awful and tactically unsound. The Sisters don't need any more reminders that they're girls cuz it's in their bloody name.
But girls aren't girls unless their tits are suction-sealed into everything they wear. It's science, bro.

I was kinda hoping this thread devolved into shitposting and such so I could post that. :P
I've been waiting for this thread to devolve into "You think your faction is better? 1v1 me in Soulstorm/Black Crusade/Vanilla DoW and I'll kick your ass so hard Khorne flinches."

I'm actually pretty disappointed, so far.

(Then again, most 1v1 maps are heavily biased towards ranged factions like Tau. I've won many a game by firing Basilisk Eartshakers into the enemy base from my starting position.)

Status
Not open for further replies.