What's your favourite Army?

• Dark Eldar - We're Emo Space Elves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just like polls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been waiting for this thread to devolve into "You think your faction is better? 1v1 me in Soulstorm/Black Crusade/Vanilla DoW and I'll kick your ass so hard Khorne flinches."

I'm actually pretty disappointed, so far.

(Then again, most 1v1 maps are heavily biased towards ranged factions like Tau. I've won many a game by firing Basilisk Eartshakers into the enemy base from my starting position.)
Ergo why I prefer Ultimate Apocalypse mod

I dunno, I just did Frostbite River (Apocalyzed) and I was pretty much able to drop artillery into the enemy's base from mine.

Regardless, UAMod is awesome (and far more faithful to the units' canon strengths).

"Uu- ah- [crusade of renouncement]"
[Loyal Tantrum]

I dunno, I just did Frostbite River (Apocalyzed) and I was pretty much able to drop artillery into the enemy's base from mine.

Regardless, UAMod is awesome (and far more faithful to the units' canon strengths).

Depends on your settings

Reactions: Grothnor
I'm gonna go ahead and admit, I play I.G over Tau in Ultimate Apocalypse. When not Grey-Knighting, Warhound Titans and fuckhueg Basilisk Canons feel really, really good.

Having a barracks autoproducing conscripts with a rally marker over the enemy base midgame is also a fun way to keep everyone mildly entertained.

I love the DOW series, its mechanics were so completely different from Blizzard's and were very well thought out.

I love the DOW series, its mechanics were so completely different from Blizzard's and were very well thought out.
...What

What does Blizzard have to do with anything?

...What

What does Blizzard have to do with anything?
A long time ago, Blizzard was hired by Games Workshop to make a WHFB (or WH40k, i forget) game. Something happened, and GW didn't want the game after a while, so Blizzard pretty much went ahead and changed some of the names, and called it Warcraft (or Starcraft). It was wildly successful and GW has been butthurt over the incident pretty much to this day.

Or something like this, I'm honestly not sure.

EDIT: Upon doing some brief research, it was both Warcraft and Starcraft, and the falling out was supposedly because GW was a turd (what's new?).

Last edited by a moderator:
We're talking about the RTS, right? Dawn of War's system was fresh and new compared to the prevailing Blizzard standard. I really liked the idea of capturing requisition points and adding on to squads. Sadly, perhaps its rock-paper-scissors mechanics were too complicated.

A long time ago, Blizzard was hired by Games Workshop to make a WHFB (or WH40k, i forget) game. Something happened, and GW didn't want the game after a while, so Blizzard pretty much went ahead and changed some of the names, and called it Warcraft (or Starcraft). It was wildly successful and GW has been butthurt over the incident pretty much to this day.

Or something like this, I'm honestly not sure.

EDIT: Upon doing some brief research, it was both Warcraft and Starcraft, and the falling out was supposedly because GW was a turd (what's new?).
I'm aware of that, but I still didn't see what it had to do with anything, I guess I do now, other then I'd say a lot of RTS's didn't follow the 'blizzard' model

I don't know much about this world. But Eldar, because... space elves.

*Quietly walks away*

I don't know much about this world. But Eldar, because... space elves.

*Quietly walks away*
teate-the-rainbxo.jpg

Reactions: Winter
Former Grey Knights player here.

They need to make a Baneblade/Monolith Hybrid :3

Status
Not open for further replies.