War on the Horizon (Interest Check)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
H

Hitomi Forsyth

Summary

Ever since the beginning of time there have always been two sides to the coin known as the world, high above humans, living among clouds are the angels, these angels have specialized classes known as guardians and seraphim, not every angel is a guardian angel though. Guardian angels are assigned to one of 7 elemental groups, who is led by one of the 7 seraphim of heaven, that acts as a high council to deciding what actions the angels should take. Each seraphim can hear the voice of their God though they are the only ones who can hear God, but because angels grow up in the heavens they're conditioned to simply believe anything the seraphim say and they consistently say angels are holy and unable to sin and so those of the sky believe this. The other side is buried deep, with lava and stalagmites and caves, are demons, devils and the high ranking Sin Bearers led by Lucifer himself, these creatures are the literal incarnation of evil and the reason wickedness bleeds into the world of humans. Not all demons are devils though, and most demons can't walk on the surface, devils can though even while Sin Bearers can't, though these commanders can let their voices whisper into the ears of humans susceptible to evil. As with angels there are 7 leaders whom report directly to Lucifer, each one bearing one of the seven deadly sins, they're capable of taking demons and turning them into devils to do their bidding upon the Earth. These are the two sides to the coin of the world and humans are the result of the coin flip, but even the angels and demons can't stop fate, and there are so many fates that they can't keep track of every single one, lately though rumors have been circulating among all species of the world of seven artifacts being born into the world of humans, within human souls. Unheard of surely, one would think, but this too is fate, prophets all say it, "Soon a war will begin and no one is sure the world can survive it's like."

This story revolves around these fates and those affected in heaven, hell, and upon the Earth. All leading up to the greatest war between good and evil ever waged, but which side shall win? Will the world be destroyed in the wake of this war or is there some way to prevent the worst case scenario?

~Special Roles~

I do have 7 spots for special roles, these special roles will remain secret except between me and the ones I choose. Which means if you obtain one of these roles you can't tell, okay? I'll explain more later when those particular 7 are revealed; down the line, these particular 7 are specifically angels with things even they don't know. (though the player will know and have to keep secret)

Now for Seraphim, Sin Bearers and Artifact Humans, there will be a separate CS for all of these and you'll have to 'apply' for these roles I want lots of details for the leaders of armies, they will be leaders after all. Artifact Humans are also extremely important to the roleplay so I'm going to be just a bit more picky about characters for those roles.

This roleplay can't move forward without a good number of people taking interest though. There will be a lot more lore added as I create the artifacts and such.

CuteDemonGirl.jpg

~Angelic Society + Demonic Society Lore Dump~

All angels have white wings unless assigned a special class of angel, there are two higher class angel types. Guardian angels whom have four wings instead of two and seraphim who bear six wings. There are seven different groups of guardians, each with a leader seraphim assigned to them and they have the job of watching over and protecting humans, most angels can apply to be guardians though can only become guardians after passing a rigorous training regimen. Once passed they grow an extra set of wings and the wings change in appearance based on the elemental seraphim they're assigned to. The seven elemental groups of guardians are as follows, fire, water, earth, air, spirit, sunshine, and moonlight.

Seraphim are seven heavenly leaders of the guardians, they started as guardians themselves, each becoming an apprentice to the previous seraphim. Angels are not unable to die in fact there are several ways to kill an angel, beheading them, ripping out their heart, causing them enough bodily harm, or most painful of all ripping their wings off. Certain things can be healed with angelic medicine but without it an angel is sure to die from certain harsh wounds.

The Passing Ritual is a ritual of eternal rest for angels, if an angel grows tired of their mostly immortal life they can make a request to the seraphim to 'pass on' only the seraphim and those who have passed on know what's on the other side of the ritual, the only thing the younger generation is taught is that it's used for 'resting' after a long and wholesome life in heaven. There is a group that is forbidden from this ritual though, the guardians who are assigned to Moonlight, the reason for this is unknown though it's mostly to do with their awful reputation among others.

The Elemental Groups

Guardians assigned to the group of fire are purely warriors, they patrol the angel cities and fend off low class devils that target humans. Most guardians can take care of lower level demons but only fire warriors and sunshine angels can handle any level of devil. More on demons later. There are very few female angels in this group. The reason for this is because most women are unable to connect with the fiery element on a deep enough level to warrant the special abilities that come with being among this group. The guardian's wings turn blue and when they're using their abilities the wings become great blue flames, most fire guardians specialize in some form on close quarters combat.

A slightly more mysterious group of angels are assigned to the element of water, these guardians are healers, fortune tellers, seers, tarot card readers and educators, you could call them the gypsies of the angelic world. Other guardians come to them when they wish to know their future or the future of a human in their care. Often they're assigned to a human in need of guidance in their life. Most of these guardians specialize in magic and supporting skills, they're the backbone of the angelic armies, each seraphim has a particularly powerful water guardian assigned to them to provide divine guidance from their mysterious lord. Water guardian wings turn green and when doing their mystical thing they're wings turn into green water.

Reclusive angels are assigned to the element of earth, more than that they are few and far between, never being assigned directly to watch over one human. They run shops and such on earth, bars and other places. Have you ever felt drawn into a particular shop or bar and gotten amazingly useful advice from the shop keeper or bartender? You met an earth guardian most likely. These types of angels are the 2nd least desirable among their kind, most don't want to spend their eternity among humans. The earth angel's wings are affected by the seasons of the area they're in, in spring the wings are multiple colors and instead of feathers they're petals, summer turns them into big green leaves, autumn turns the leaves into flaming autumn colors, and in winter the wings are big and white, covered in snow constantly. These angels, in order to blend in with humans have the ability to make their wings vanish so humans don't grow suspicious, most of these guardians have a gift for the sciences and machinery of Earth.

The basic foot soldier of the guardians are air guardians, these are the everyday guardians who are capable of fending off basic demons. Most of the guardians who exist are found within this group and have no real specialized purpose, as a result this group are often made up of 'jacks of all trade, masters of none' type angels, they can deal with many things but can't get into the complexities of the skills they have. They're assigned mostly to the normal humans who just need a little protection through their lives. The wings of these guardians are yellow and when pushing their magic and abilities they turn into swirls of yellow wind.

Spirit guardians are designed to deal with the mental and emotional care of humans, they're trained how to handle mentally disturbed, impaired, or unstable individuals. They tend to act as mental care workers when their assigned human starts to have a mental break down but they often vanish mysteriously after they do their work, although they are never far from their charge tending to keep a spiritual presence near them, sometimes they will talk to their charge as well, while most humans find these people to be crazy the only reasons they talk to the person is because humans are naturally social so when kept in isolation from others it's unhealthy. Spirit guardians specialize in long range skills, mostly to keep demons as far from their charges as possible. Their wings are made of a sort of purple plasma, they can use this plasma like substance to turn completely invisible to humans; those people who claimed to see ghosts, you most likely saw a spirit guardian angel.

Another set of rare guardians are Sunshine guardians, most who aim for guardian status can't handle the extreme intense training or they can't click with the magic and powers they have to use as a sunshine guardians. Unlike most guardians they are capable of taking care of high level devils, just to clarify fire guardians can take out low class devils but not higher class Sin Bearers, most normal guardians can take out the common demon but sunshine warriors can utterly destroy sin bearers, though of course not without some sort of struggle as most sin bearers are on equal footing with sunshine guardians. While seraphim are powerful and much stronger than even sin bearers seraphim cannot leave the angelic cities, not even guardians know why that is but the seraphim are never seen outside of their cities. Their wings are interesting to watch as they change color with the time of day, when it's night their wings go black though.

The most disliked group of angels are known as the Moonlight guardians. They're heavily looked down upon and they're also mysterious and no one really knows what they do and with every ostracized group children and adults began to spread rumors. They say moonlights do sinful work, watching over murderers, rapists, and the rest of uthe fifth of the world, as a result according to most other angels only those angels already 'sinful' are placed within this group. The only things others know about them are only speculation and the rumors range massively, a rather consistent thing known about them though is they're identified by their wings that are black during the day; no one ever sees them at night so they don't know the wings turn silver during that time, another consistency is that they seem to have some sort of shadow manipulation among their skill set.

DarkAngel1.jpg

~Demonic Society~

Demons are the lowest class in Hell, they're beings that serve as a whole to the seven high devils, most of these low class servants have black tails at the start of their lives and are the merchants, contractors, restaurant owners, and inn keepers of hell. In both angelic and demonic society lower classes tend to act much like humans, after all when you consider it humans had to learn how to govern themselves from somewhere, it's why there's such a range of personality among humans. As some are very kind or some are very wicked. It's just the risk that comes with being a human.

Devils are more powerful than demons and serve the Sin Bearers directly, Sin Bearers are only a step below Lucifer in the command chain of hell and as a result demons who have been chosen to rise to devils are forced into a sudden and painful transformation, going from a hunched over scaled thing with small horns and short tails to tall nearly human like forms. Their horns grow, their tails lengthen and change color to represent their new status as a devil, capable of holding their own and destroying angels. They gain powers and charisma, which they can use to prod humans in the ways of evil, devils just as guardians are the only ones capable of going to Earth, Seraphim and Sin Bearers are too powerful and have invisible chains that keep them in their respective dimensions, this does not mean they have no influence on the world though. Devils are capable of disguising themselves and hiding their horns and tails acting as humans to influence their targets.

Sin Bearers are high devils who control lower class devils and report directly to Lucifer, the Sin Bearers are equally as powerful as Seraphim and represent one of the seven deadly sins. Their voices can carry as whispers when they target someone, those diagnosed with schizophrenia are mostly likely the targets of devils or Sin Bearers, serial killers and their like have most likely fallen prey to these delusions that are caused by the presence of evil. Sin Bearers, when acting in a unified manner can summon Legion; a wickedly powerful demon that could destroy the world in a manner of minutes, Lucifer can summon this thousand soul demon on his own though. Though it requires them to sacrifice something, nobody knows what that is though but it seems to deter these sinful creatures from summoning Legion.

~Seven Deadly Sins~

Those devils under the sign of Pride tend to encourage hubris and narcissistic and selfish natures in people they target, you'll find most Pride demons dress as business men and women, acting on an insane level of confidence if they reveal themselves to a target. Their tails are golden as well as their horns, they also have a strange defect in their skin, almost gold glitter flitting under their skin like starlight allowing them to draw humans in easily.

Wrath devils have dark red tails and horns, they've got tribal tattoos along their bodies in the same red, although they tend to stay hidden, loudly and powerfully encouraging murder, racism, chaos and vengeance in humans, if they do reveal themselves they tend to take on their appearance based on what might charm their target. These devils are very much killers themselves, the serial killers who leave no evidence or suddenly seem to vanish was likely a devil or Wrath.

Gluttony devils promote addictions and the uses of various other bad habits, small and large gluttony devils are the ones behind these things. If one were to meet one of these brown tailed and horned demons they'd likely be salesmen or drug dealers, dressing the part as needed for whatever addiction they're pushing their target towards. Devils like this are usually pockmarked and scarred, as if they're users of drugs themselves; and they most likely are addicted to ambrosia; the only addictive substance that affects supernatural creatures, including angels, they can be susceptible to addictions as well.

Devils of lust inspire infidelity, sleeping around and the spreading of STDs, they're incapable of becoming sick themselves but when they chose to they can infect a partner with any of the STDs of the world. They're attractive, handsome, beautiful and confident, they have purple tails and as demons of pride purple glitter shines under their skin, this is an aphrodisiac; as are their purple horns, as a result demons of lust will often file down their horns and use the powder produced to create powerful sexual stimulants.

Sloth devils push humans towards laziness and lack of motivation, those who don't hold down jobs, too lazy to do anything and such habits as that have usually fallen under the influence of one of these blue tailed bastards, their horns are sort of unique as they curve around their ears and glow blue softly. They're marked with weird wave like tattoos and tend to dress in comfortable clothes; they are the scions of laziness after all, they're also the most passive and least capable of fighting devils, tending to prefer hiding behind more powerful devils, most other devils don't like them much.

The term 'green with envy' is heavily influenced by these devils, the devils of envy, jealousy, possessiveness and abuse, people under the influence of Envy devils tend to be abusive lovers possessive and extremely intense when it comes to their feelings.They're paranoid and always feel as if they're being cheated, resulting in their fits of violence. At first they're no one special if you meet one of these green horned monsters, they're dressed casually, their green tail and straight horns hidden from human eyes, most of Envy demons have scarred fists; although the scars more resemble green tattoos.

The silver tailed devils of Greed press humans to desire power and various materialistic things above all else, humans under their influence will go to insane lengths to obtain the specific thing they crave, whether it be power, women, money or any of those things. These demon's horns tend to be crooked, off by inches and not symmetrical, if their horns break they collect the broken pieces; as dictated by their greedy natures, but if one meets them in their human forms they're dressed casually, are friendly and yes they want your friendship, devils of greed are much harder to identify than the rest of them as they act more human-like than the other devils, their defining physical trait are silver chains etched into their wrists and ankles.

~Thank you for Reading~

I know this was a lot of information but I want interest in this idea and so I want to show the depth of the lore I've created for this. (and this isn't even all of the stuff I've written.) This idea was planned to be one whole big story, I was thinking of cutting it up but have decided not to, since the mix of Devils, Angels, and those Artifact Humans mentioned are what will build the story. This is sort of a big project I know, there are many unique and 'specialized' roles available for this as well (although for awhile I can NPC Seraphim and Sin Bearers as they won't really be too involved until the end of the story. All that aside I do have the artifacts in human souls planned out as well but well...I've already dumped a lot of information here. I thank you for reading all this mess! If it gets interest I'll set up the Sign Ups and OOC. -bows- I hope to talk to you more later!

normal_mizushirazu43ahk_large.jpg
(To break up the monotony of text)

I am compelled to participate. Maybe we could talk more about this RP?

• Love
Reactions: Hitomi Forsyth
Same here.

Would love to make an artifact human, but not sure in which era this is set in on Earth? What sort of technology levels do humans have?

• Love
Reactions: Hitomi Forsyth
I am compelled to participate. Maybe we could talk more about this RP?

Same here.

Would love to make an artifact human, but not sure in which era this is set in on Earth? What sort of technology levels do humans have?

I really appriciate the interest! ^.^ -gestures at the tags- its modern day no worries. As for talking about it ask me anything and I'll have an answer

@Arius LaVari What sort of objects do the artifacts manifest as? Could they be anything? Even going so far as to be a car?

@TheTechnologicVampire the artifacts themselves don't actually manifest they manifest abilities within the human though giving them a measure of 'magic' depending on their artifact. For example one of my artifacts is called The Crown of Immortality aka The Crown of Stars, the user is born with a ring of stars around their head; (if you've ever seen D-Gray Man think of the Noah family's head markings); but what it does is give them 'star' based powers, celestial abilities and stuff like that.

Hmm... What sort of artifact could give my character abilities based around cars?

None of the artifacts I've made sadly. Many of the 'artifacts' are mysterious objects from mythology, so while it's set in modern times none of the artifacts are anything from more recent history.