War of Myths (Faye x Kurai)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, there wouldn't be anyone to fight with...not for a mile in any direction at least. We're pretty secluded." She giggled a little bit, not knowing a thing about Shikei's temper or what he was capable of. Her eyes brightened when he mentioned his dog. An idea struck her then, "You could bring Zee too! I'd like to meet him..." Animals always were interesting to talk to, but he was right. Having a person to talk to was even better. She smiled as he complemented her, "I'm glad that I could do that for you....I like it when your happy." She giggled a little bit as she continued with her thought. "I like everyone better when their happy. It makes life more enjoyable." She stretched her arms over her head with a happy sigh. The warm air was making it hard for her to not want to take a nap or just stare at the clouds. Before she could lay back in the truck though, a familiar laugh made a shiver run down her spine.

A group of school kids had just entered the market. Some were paired up with their boyfriends or girlfriends, while others simply tagged along. The laugh belonged to a tall blonde girl with blue eyes and a perfect spread of makeup covering any flaws on her face. Fallon's smile faded as she watched the group stop by several stalls steadily making their way closer. If she stayed back here, she probably wouldn't get any comments today. Especially if her grandparents were near the front. She tried to ignore her worry, and attempted to cover it up by reinstating their conversation. "
Your mom could come by too. We have lots of vegetables and fruits that she could take home with her. Grammy's trying to set up an area for us to have chickens too. She says fresh eggs are always best."

"Well if there's no other people around, I'm sure that she'd come to an agreement." He smiled and laughed softly to himself as well. "And I'll see to it that Zee comes along." Shikei knew that his dog would tag along anyhow. There wasn't much to it. Wherever he went, his dog was bound to follow. Zee had attempted following him to school numerous amounts of times as well. Overall, he was sure that his companion would come along. On the other hand, Shikei wasn't even sure if his mother would enjoy comming with him. She was never usually out of the house unless it involved getting food and other supplies. She was usually cooped up in either her room or the living room. Nothing new.

"Hm. . Maybe my mom would enjoy comming along. If she'd be able to step out of the house for a moment or two. I don't really see her get out of the house anymore. When she does get out, I'm usually at 'school'." Shikei figured that when he had said school, Fallon would know that he really meant that clearing. As he leaned forward a bit to stare at the ground, he felt an uneasy feeling weigh the air down. His eyes glimpsed on over towards Fallon and he seemed to peer at her for quite a while. She had only gone slightly quiet. "Something bothering you?" Shikei knew this feeling well but when it had strung his thoughts like that, he'd usually shrug it off. Just like this morning. He never bothered anyone unless they caused him trouble.

Fallon smiled a little, "Not really...that's just the girl who enjoys teasing me when I'm in town..." She discretely pointed out the blonde who clung tightly to her boyfriend's arm. "With Grammy and Gramps here though, I don't think she'll try anything..." At least that's what she hoped. It didn't take long for the group to waltz by their stall. Some of them stuck around picking up a fruit before putting it back. This was repeated several times before Frank mentioned something about charging them for touching the fruit. This caused a round of laughter, the kids mentioning things about how poor farmers were, or how stupid they could get, or how dirty they must be. Fallon tried her best not to listen in on the comments, but those were her grandparents they were talking about.

She let out a pent up breath when the group finally left without much trouble. Hopefully they wouldn't come back around for the rest of the day. She had to take a few moments before regaining her cheerful demeanor. "
We just agree to dislike each other. As long as she doesn't bother me, I'm usually all right. She just has...a sharp tongue....especially when she sees someone as even mildly different from herself." What was sad though, was the fact that the others in the group would look sorry, but do nothing to stop the situation.

Shikei looked off towards the group she pointed out. Then towards the specific girl with blonde hair. His eyes focused in for a moment or two then he pulled his focus back to Fallon. It didn't seem as if Fallon were the type to say something in return for their discouraging words. He just felt like he had to do something. Then something seemed to perk his interest. There were times when Shikei would keep things to himself and other times where he'd take his childish instincts to a whole new level. He'd usually push himself to his limits. "Fallon," he began, sliding off of the tailgate and landing briefly upon the ground. "I may be able to stop this. I've dealt with a certain someone and he hasn't bothered me more than usual. Well besides today. How's about we give them a bit of a scare?" This was possibly a good time to show Fallon what he was capable of doing. Would she agree? Even he did no know.

Whether or not the girl agreed, Shikei was up for a good prank or two; something his mother had tried leading him out of. It was just another simple habit of his. This little situation would only need one piece to his little plan; his companion, Zee. While Fallon was still around, it would be great to make the best of their time. She wouldn' have to do anything at all. All he'd like her to do is accompany him and maybe get a smile or two. He extended out his hand and awaited her answer. If things worked out, then maybe he'd e able to get to know the girl even better as well. "So how's about it?"

Fallon raised an eyebrow at the sudden playfulness in his voice. Hmm, she wasn't sure if she liked that or not. He wasn't about to prank them, was he? From what the girls told her, that girl practically ran the school...if Shikei got on her bad side, he wouldn't have much luck in that building...not that too much of his time was spent there. "What have you got planned, Shikei?" She cast a wary glance at her grandparents. Would they mind if she were to go off on her own for a little bit? She really wanted to be sure he didn't get himself into trouble though. Her eyes looked around soon spotting the girls not far away. It would be nice to get back at them...but they hadn't done much of anything. Just words...nothing more...

Her eyes sought out his, seeking some form of reassurance that no one would be injured in the process. Her hand was placed in his as she hopped down from the tailgate as well. She turned to her grandparents as they watched people go by. "
Grammy, Gramps...I'm going with Shikei for a little bit. We'll be back before the market closes." Or at least she would be. The old couple nodded, while her grandfather gave a questioning glance directed at the boy. He better not be plotting to get it on with his granddaughter. Of course that's where his mind would go. He had been young once, and far too eager to please the ladies. Fallon missed the look though, and simply waited for Shikei to lead the way to wherever he was going.

After watching the girl hop down, he released her hand and smiled only faintly. He had noticed her grandfather's look and it seemed though he couldn't exactly make out what it really meant. There was one thought in mind, but he simply shrugged it off in an attempt to not trail off his main objective. "She'll be fine." he said towards the elderly couple. "I'll make sure she returns unharmed." his voice was soft and was sure to be nothing but the truth. With that, Shikei led her towards the forest line not too far from the stall. It was a quicker way to move around the crowd without coming into contact with anyone else. At first, he moved quite casually, peering back over his shoulder and making sure that the group was still in sight. "If I'm correct, they'll circle back around. There's no reason for a group like them to be in a place like this anyway." There was a hint of hatred in his voice; very faint and slightly detectable.

"C'mon." he'd say as soon as he led the girl out of the tree line. He grabbed her hand and started off with a casuall jog. Normally, he'd run a bit faster but with Fallon now alongside him, he'd have to take things easy. "We'll just need the mastermind for this little trick to work." Shikei said as he ran along. He'd peer over his shoulder and chuckle softly to himself before continuing on. Not too long after the short run, Shikei slowed down and let go of Fallon's hand. They soon had entered the street of where his home was. There was no intention on heading on in as he neared his home. Instead, he rounded the entrance and crouched down close to a fence that divided their backyard from the streets. Carefully, he reached out and moved a small bush aside gently. This revealed a hole beneath the wooden fence. Then, he clicked his toungue a couple times. "Zee!" he whispered, patting the ground lightly. "C'mon, let's head out. Wanna play?" At first, it was quiet. As if nothing were there. After mere seconds, sounds of movement neared the wooden fence.

Black fur seemed to appear at the hole in the fence and in no time at all, the head of a husky. It's head was all black with a white patch over its right eye and a white streak lining the middle of its head down towards its nose. The dog crouched down afterwards and shuffled itself through the fence with no problem at all. Zee greeted Shikei with a nuzzle to the cheek and glimpsed at the girl with curiosity. Its left ear remained perked up while the other flopped down. He had white along his neck fur that led down his chest, belly and the underside of his tail. As for his eyes; a deep amber. Zee wasn't that of a normal dog and that's what Shikei liked about him. "Fallon, this is Zee, my parter in crime." Shikei said with a small laugh, ruffling the dog's head. Zee lowered his head slightly before approaching the girl and sniffing her hand for a second. Seeing someone new was most definately a first for him.

As the two escaped from the market, Barb and Frank exchanged a meaningful glance and a knowing smile. Those two would likely be friends for a long while. Fallon followed behind him, jogging forward a few times to keep up. She wondered at the tone in his voice, not sure if she liked it, though she couldn't quite know what it was. "I'm coming..." She wasn't able to finish as he took her hand once more and began pulling her along with him. Where were they going that he needed to hold her hand like that? Of course, if he'd have broken out into a full run, the pale haired girl may not have had the chance to catch up. It was just to keep his end of the promise to her grandfather...she'd come back safe. Wait....mastermind for what trick? The playful look in his eyes made Fallon smile brightly. Whatever it was they were doing, it sure looked as if he were enjoying himself with it. She ran a little faster, making sure she didn't slow him down any further. By the time they had reached the house, Fallon was panting and out of breath. She straightened up and tried to calm herself enough to process what was going on. "This is your house?" It was pretty, at least in her eyes. Town houses always held a bit of charm that country houses couldn't have. Her eyes watched as Shikei called to his dog. So this was his house.

It almost seemed like nothing would appear. Fallon couldn't help but feel a little disappointing, she really wanted to meet this domesticated animal. How would it's thoughts be different from the wild animals? She could feel the excitement coming from the dog just before it's head popped through the hole in the fence. "
Awwww, he sooo adorable" She couldn't stop herself from cooing at the fluffy animal as he emerged. She giggled a little as the dog greeted it's master. They were definitely close buddies. The dog seemed a little shy at first, almost unsure of what to do. So, Fallon simply crouched down to offer the back of her hand. She wouldn't try to be top dog in this group, especially since she was an outsider. Her brown eyes softened and sparkled as Zee crept closer to snuff her hand. What did she smell like to him? Probably dirt, a bit of her favorite flowery body wash, and maybe the squirrel she had allowed to clamber over her. Not exactly a combination that most town girls would have. "Hey, there, Zee..." She called to him softly, hoping that the dog would soon relax around her as most animals did. "You're so big...will you let me pet you? Huh? Your master won't tell me what he's got planned...do you know? Or is it a secret?" She giggled to herself as she continued her talking. If she could reach, Fallon would definitely give him a good scratch behind one of his floppy ears, and maybe a belly rub later. Ah, he was just so cute...it made her want to cuddle up to him. "You're a good boy, aren't you...you take good care of Shikei, huh...I bet he's told you everything." And so her chattering would continue until she felt that Zee had accepted her into his little 'pack'.

Shiekei watched for a moment or two as Zee flickered his left ear here and there. He was mostly thinking of what Zee would come up with this time and either way, their little tricks never came to a fail. Maybe once with Shikei's mom but other than that, everything moved along smoothly. The large dog soon flattened its ears and slipped its head beneath the girl's hand. Its tail soon swayed back and forth before it had peered over towards Shikei. The boy had gotten up and peered around the corner of his home for any signs of anyone he might've already gotten in fights with days before. As soon as he was sure no one was around, he smiled and motioned for the two to follow along. From there, he began walking down the cobblestone path that led back to the Farmer's market.

Zee padded along behind Shikei and lowered his head towards the ground, taking in any unknown scent that hasn't been quite familiar to him. His eyes glimpsed towards almost anything that moved and his tail swayed back and forth happily. The boy soon peered back towards the girl and he smiled faintly. "I take it you're going to let Zee reveal our plan to you, huh?" he said, laughing softly to himself. "That wouldn't be fair. I doubt he's one to keep anything a secret anyway." There was a bit of excitement within the two and whenever Shikei had taken Zee out, a small deal of trouble was always expected. They never got hurt and it was to stay that way. "He's hidden away a certain something we always use to scare people off this street. Usually I'd hide it myself, but he's taken that into his own hands." Zee peered up a little and his left ear focused in on a few sounds. As soon as he familiarized himself with it, his eyes narrowed and his muzzle came into a light snarl. Immediatly, Zee began making low barks, as if he were keeping it as quiet as possible. He had better hearing than the two, there was no doubt about it and it seemed though he had picked up both Chase's voice and smell. Shikei peered back towards his companion and stopped walking. "Hey, what's wrong?" he said, crouching down a little to comfort the dog. In return, his companion had only whined slightly and raised its left ear in attention. Only now was Shikei relying on the girl's ability to speak to animal life.

Fallon giggled happily as the dog asked for her to pet it. The girl happily pet the soft fur, allowing her nails to scratch comfortably behind his ears. She could have forgotten about doing anything else, and just sit here all day with the pooch. Shikei's motion made her stand again though, and follow him and Zee back toward the market. She laughed as the dog seemed intent on seeing and smelling everything. A very good watch dog. She jogged a little bit to be able to walk by Shikei's side. "Only if he tells me willingly. I'm sure if he gets excited enough he would." She couldn't help but look at him quizzically as he mentioned this secret something he'd let Zee hide. What was it? Water balloons? Firecrackers? The list was almost endless. She assumed she'd just have to keep an ear out for Zee to give something away.

Fallon looked back as Zee first started to pick up on something. He was very interested in one scent and sound....she listened closely to what he could tell her. "
What is it, Zee? You can tell me..." She watched as Shikei tried to comfort the dog, and soon all the pieces clicked into place. Her chocolate gaze swept around the area, making sure no one would hear her say what she was about to. "He smells someone you don't like....or someone who doesn't like you at least. Does the name...Chase, ring any bells?" She waited to see if Zee would give her any other clues, only the direction the boy was. "Cause Chase is right over there." She pointed in the direction that Zee seemed so focused on. Who was this Chase? And what was so wrong with him that even the dog didn't like the boy?

Shikei mentally cringed at the name Fallon seemed to tell him and he peered off the direction she had pointed. Again, he reassured Zee before standing up again. ". . Yeah. . He's just some idiot that can't help but bug me. No matter how many times I beat the crap out of him, he just comes back with more and more backup." Shikei peered over towards the girl and gave a reassuring smile. "But our focus won't be on him. Our focus is on that group we saw earlier today." Shikei looked at Zee and motioned him off. "Alright, Zee. Find another way around back to us, alright? You know this place better than me and I know you'll catch up. Stay hidden. Don't forget to grab your little supply with you." Zee peered at Shikei a couple of times and seemed to hesitate. Then, he peered off a seperate direction, as if he were tracking down a whole different path. After mere seconds, Zee padded off with his ears perked up. Soon enough, the dog ducked into a few bushes and vanished from view.

"Alright." Shikei took a breath of air before looking towards Chase's direction. "C'mon. This way." He guided the girl along the backway of each house, carefull not to make any sudden movements. His eyes watched his surroundings within each step and he was carefull not to make a sound that would be considered suspicious. If he didn't move quickly, they'd miss the group of schoolkids they had seen at the market. Step after step, the two neared Chase and his group of friends. The boy spoke of what happened that morning and appeared to have looked beaten up. "Yeah, I got caught up in a fight with that freak. He put up a good fight, but I won in the end. That's why he didn't step foot on campus. I put that psychopath right in the hospital." As Shikei tuned into their conversation, he rolled his eyes and remained behind the safety of another home. ". . how pathetic. . " Shikei mumbled, leaning against the building. Chase and a few other guys laughed at the statement as they walked on. Now Chase was playing the tough guy. Not really a surprise.

Fallon looked curiously in the direction she had pointed. So there was a boy that bothered Shikei, and a group of girls who tormented herself. She did look a little exasperated when Shikei mentioned beating the tar out of the kid. "Fighting's not good, Shikei....you could get hurt." She wasn't a fighter, that was certain. And quite possibly the reason the girls loved to pick on her. She never put up a fight, never raised a finger or even her voice against them. She just silently took their words in and walked away. Fallon knew that wouldn't always work, but for now it seemed to be the only peaceful way to settle their differences. Her mind returned as Zee was ordered to leave and find them again with that secret something. Fallon smiled at the way Shikei spoke to his dog. It was as if Shikei had her ability, and Zee understood too. He was a good boy....he and Shikei shared a connection, something she wouldn't be able to come between. That was a good thing. After the dog left, Shikei led her along the back way until they were within hearing distance of the group of school kids.

Fallon looked very confused about how one bragged about beating Shikei until he left the school. Why would anyone want to do that? And Shikei wasn't a freak. "
Are all boys like that?" She kept her voice low so she wouldn't attract attention. Was fighting and proving their strength all they cared about? With her limited interactions with the town kids, she wouldn't have known about all this hype about being the strongest, fastest, or prettiest. She lived in her own world where that didn't matter...and she knew that her world was flawed. Everyone couldn't always be good, not even her, but she still liked to hope. Hope that the rougher kids would realize their mistakes, and turn around to help people rather than push them down. "What do we do now?" It seemed that school kids tended to hang out with their class mates. Maybe this group would meet up with the other group....but that was so many kids. What would happen if their plan didn't work?

Again, Shikei peered around the corner just to see that Chase and his followers had continued on their way. "Anyone who thinks their some hero, yeah. . Everyone avoids me at school due to my difference. They figured if someone were able to rid me off of campus, that certain someone would be held the 'guardian' of some. . .thing. " He shrugged and laughed. "I guess they look at me like I'm some sort of demon spawn. I'm used to what I get. It's nothing new." Again, he walked on, motioned for Fallon to follow along. "And fighting's the only thing to settle a disagreement. . That guy won't take no for an answer . ." Shikei's eyes peered back towards her for a second and opened his mouth to say something more, only to have shut it and shrugged off his thought.

Now down the cobblestone yet again, he looked off towards the tree lines and noticed Zee padding on back. The wolf had what appered to be a very small container within its jaws. As soon as it had spotted Fallon and Shikei, that's where its journey ended. A smile made its way to Shikei's expression and he crouched down, reaching out and grabbing the container as Zee wandered up to him. "Nice job, buddy." What Shikei had was a small airbrush and the color of the liquid appeared to be red. He led Zee and Fallon towards a seperate thicket of trees and sat down on a patch of grass. Zee followed and did what he usually did; sit and stay still. Right away, Shikei went to work, lightly spraying the red paint upon the white patches that Zee had. He motioned for the dog to close its eyes and as it did so, he began airbrushing streaks of red down the dog's tear line. The two had done this numerous amounts of times and each time they had pulled this trick, they seemed to enjoy it more than the last. "I take it that group of kids that bothered you haven't seen a vicious wolf before, huh?" Shikei said laughing. "With Zee's deep crimson-amber eyes, I figured it'd be a nice time to try something out. We sort of got something going the first time we did this and along the way, Zee's been learning some different ways to scare people."

Her eyes looked watery as he went on to explain how the other kids saw him. That wasn't fair of them to think that. It wasn't fair. Shikei seemed to not be bothered by it though and continued talking. She pouted slightly as he gave her the reason he fought. That wasn't good either. She couldn't do much about that though. She could be his friend and try to get him to change his mind about that Chase boy.

They started off again before meeting up with Zee. Huh, what was that he was carrying? She stood back a little bit as the boy took the container. Ah, now that she could see it, Fallon knew what that was. It looked like a miniature of what her Gramps used when painting the fence and barn. What were they doing with that? She followed curiously into the thicket. Why did they need red paint? She sat down as well, making sure she could see what Shikei was doing. She looked a little shocked that the dog was the canvas. "I'm kinda surprised he's sitting so still. You do this often then?" They had to. It didn't make sense otherwise...of course, Zee did seem to be the type of dog to just go with anything his master did.

She found herself grinning at how Zee was beginning to look. Having seen his sweet side, this vicious side didn't seem to fit. "
I hope they haven't...I'm sure they'd get hurt if they did. He's not going to hurt anyone is he?" While she may have wanted revenge, she didn't want to hurt anyone.

Shikei nodded and finished up, ruffling Zee's neck for a mere second. "We've done this quite a few times. It's the only way to keep a few people away from the street I live in. That and we've been around just scaring people. He won't hurt anyone. This one knows his limits and doesn't push it too far. Unlike me." Shikei would've enjoyed it a little if Zee had actually threatedned to attack anyone at all but so far, he's done nothing but intimidate a few people. Shikei's eyes landed on Zee's and he smiled a bit more. "You know what to do, right?" Zee swayed his tail impatiently and gave a quick snarl, crouching for a moment and standing up again. He had now looked as if he had made a fresh kill and it seemed to slighlty intimidate Shikei himself. "There ya go. You haven't forgotten just yet." Shikei put away the container within a nearby bush and stood up.

"Well I guess I won't be so sure if they'll react the way I'd like then. Zee won't do this trick the same as the others so there's no telling what he'd do. All I know is that if I'm going to be a part of this, I'll just have to show you what I can do." He smiled towards Fallon and followed Zee, who was already heading up the dirt path within the thicket of trees. It led back towards the market and if they were lucky, the group should be heading back this very direction as well.

Fallon couldn't quite agree with what Shikei described as a normal occurrence. Did he really want to chase everyone away? She stood up and brushed her pants off before watching Zee act out his part. If she hadn't met the dog before, she would have been frightened. She laughed lightly at Shikei's reaction to his own dog. It really was cut that they had such a close bond. Zee was enjoying himself, and how he could make his master happy. She smiled as the boy stood and further explained what would happen. "Does what you can do have anything to do with the ash pile in the clearing when we first ran into each other?" Her eyes sparkled brightly at the prospect of seeing whatever it was that her friend could do.

They followed the large dog up the path back toward the market. Fallon didn't know when they may come up to the group of girls, so she hung back from the two. Make sure she'd have enough time to hide when they did meet. Right now, she didn't want to have Shikei close when the blonde started teasing her. Fallon watched Zee for any sign that they were close. High pitched giggling could be hear as they got closer. It looked like they had begun walking around the area by the forest.

For a second, Shikei hesitated and peered on over towards Fallon. "So you saw that pile of ash?" he asked, placing a hand behind his head. "I was hoping you wouldn't see that." A small laugh escaped his mouth and he nodded at her thought. It did indeed have something to do with that and now that he was getting a bit more comfortable with the girl around, maybe he would be able to really show her what he was. He now focused on their light steps upon the ground. All he worried about was keeping Zee hidden from any of the town's folk. That would've been a mess he possibly would never be able to get out of. The closer they got to town, the more carefull Shikei and Zee appeared to be. The dog's ears perked up a little and he seemed to move off a seperate direction.

His senses guided him around the market. From there, the dog hopped down a crevice and the boy followed. Shikei paused and turnned around to help Fallon. "Let's see. . .it's the girl with the blonde hair that bothers you the most, right?" he asked as he helped her down the ridge. For him to not mistakingly do something wrong, he had to know which was which. Just to be sure. Zee would continue on with his instinctive senses. He'd just keep walking whether or not Shikei and the girl followed. The dog had possibly picked up on something already and he felt as he they wereclosing in on the group. There was nothing to fear, for he's already dealted with a group before. Though as for Zee, Shikei wasn't all too sure how he'd react. Usually, they'd scare only a couple of people. Maybe only once did they scare off a group.

A small giggle joined with Shikei's own laugh. So he'd hoped she didn't see that. Maybe it would have been best to keep it quiet, but she was dying of curiosity to know how that got there. Ash was created when something was burned. So...it made sense that he could do something with fire. But exactly what, she couldn't be sure. She didn't ask any more about it, though. It was supposed to be a surprise, and she liked to keep things that way. Whatever Shikei could do would certainly be an exciting discovery for her. Much like the way that he'd been surprised and interested in her ability to speak to animals. Her focus soon focused on Zee, as the painted dog wove his way thought obstacles and avoided sight. It was really amazing that he could find his way like that. Just how often did these two do this? It looked as if Zee had an entire map of the town in his head, and followed courses only he knew of.

This continued until they came to a ditch. Both the boy and dog seemed to have no problem getting down, but Fallon felt a little out of place. Due to her grandparents pressing, she had worn her best clothes, or close enough to the best. Boy, she'd never hear the end of it if she tore these jeans, or snagged the blouse. Thankfully, Shikei turned to help her down. She took his hands, and slowly managed to join them at the bottom. "Thank you...and yes, I think her name's...Pen...Pat...no! Peggy! The captain of the cheer team I think." She followed after him again as they tried catching up to Zee. "It's really only her that teases me. The rest, I think, are just too frightened to do anything against her..." Why they were, she wasn't entirely sure, but that's how it seemed to be.

So this girl was named Peggy. With that in mind, he'd be sure to take notice on that when they had approached to the group. "Cheer squad, huh? I've always heard of that thing around school. I never really bothered checking it out since I had some trouble with someone else already. I figured that it had something to do with cheering. I'm sure that I'm dead right about that." Shikei put his hands in his pockets and focused his eyes up ahead. They'd find them soon. He had that feeling that they were close as well. On account of the voices he was hearing. The boy watched Zee stop from time to time and he figured that he and Fallon were walking too slow for him. Impatience and excitement was showing through his own body language already.

It wasn't long before Shikei clearly heard a group of voices joined by a few giggling here and there. The direction of the voices came to his left, just down the pathway. As for Zee, he crouched down towards the ground, still within the underbrush, and joined his attention back to Shikei and Fallon. "I take it that's them." Shikei whispered, crouching down near his companion and making room for Fallon to join. As long as they remained hidden like this, they wouldn't have any trouble. He took one last look over Zee and made sure every spot of paint was as real as it looked. "Alright, buddy. . let's see what you've got. I'm sure you'll come up with an act that's far different from the last ones." When the group neared closer, he confirmed it was the ones he and Fallon saw earlier before patting Zee's side; a way of telling his companion to head on out. As for Shikei, he remained hidden behind the thicket of trees and bushes with Fallon.

A little closer and that was when Zee put up his acts. He stood up and acted as if he were stumbling out of the bushes. His deep crimson-amber eyes gleamed beneath the sun and his muzzle slowly came to a snarl. Low growls emitted from deep within his chest and his sights locked upon the group of school kids. After making his entrance, he began to bark a couple of times and shook his head as if he had completely lost it. Zee began to bare his teeth and looked as if he were threatning the group. The closer and closer he got, the more frightened and shocked the group would become. As for Shikei, he guided the girl back down the pathway from the sidelines to get towards the back of the group. It was his job to make sure none had fled off. He lifted his right hand and placed it a little to the right of his mouth, as if he were going to direct the flames that would come into existance. He made sure no one from the group were looking back before taking a small breath. A stream of red-orange flames emitted from his mouth and traveled straight across the pathway. This cut off the group's exit completely and a smile came to Shikei's mouth. Not only will he have to watch Zee, for it was the flames he'd have to keep his focus on. If he had forgotten about it, the flames would most likely develop a mind of its own and begin burning the plant life with ease.

Fallon nearly found herself laughing at the impatient look Zee was giving them. She quelled her laughter though, knowing that she may very well spoil whatever surprise Shikei and Zee had in store. She heard voices up ahead, and listened close to see if that was indeed the girl. The birds here were quiet, as if they were waiting for something to happen. Without knowing where they were, Fallon couldn't ask them to see if that was indeed the group they were looking for. She sank down beside Shikei as both he and Zee crouched in the bushes. She listened harder for the group, finally picking out that it was the correct group. Zee snuck out when they were closer, acting like he had gone mad. Fallon found herself almost shocked. How the dog was able to pull off that level of acting...she couldn't even imagine if it were a natural talent, or if he'd been taught. After a moment, Fallon found herself being led around the group by Shikei. She looked at him curiously as she crouched low again to settle herself in the dirt. He raised a hand to his mouth....what was he about to do?! Fallon leaned forward just a little really eager to see what this special ability this boy had. Her eyes widened as a small jet of fire passed his parted lips. She could hardly believe this! He could breath fire! Part of her almost felt as if she should applaud, but she couldn't reveal their location. That wouldn't help the teasing at all. She placed both hands over her mouth as she stared excitedly, first toward Shikei and then to Zee.

The group stopped as Zee first emerged. Some of them even backed up a couple steps. However, the collective thought seemed to be stand your ground and it'll go away. A few girls shrieked when Zee started to get closer. It wasn't until the fire appeared behind them, that they all started to panic. Oddly, the guys in the group seemed to ditch first, only a couple pulling their girlfriends along, and ran into the forest. The blonde stood her ground though, trying to look as brave as she imagined herself. She shooed at the dog in front of her, as if that would make a crazed animal shrink back and run.

"C'mon, Zee. . " Shikei whispered, watching his companion let the chain of events fall into place. This girl had guts, he'd give her that. He expected her to just run off with the others but no. Not this one. All he could do was watch and keep the fire burning. This was about all Shikei had planned because of Zee's own ability to just go with what he was givien. Since Zee was given the look of a savage wolf, he was to act intimidating. He wasn't trained to harm others and that was a good thing to keep in mind.

The dog lowered his head a bit more and snapped his jaws towards the girl, giving it just about everything he had. His eyes narrowed and his ears flattened all at once. Then, he crouched down slightly, as if he were going to lunge out within a matter of seconds. There was no backing down just yet. He wasn't going to let this trick fail. Zee cocked his head to one side and closed in on the girl a bit more. Seconds passed and Zee was feet from her. He wouldn't harm the girl and scaring her would bring the day to a good end. Shikei peered towards the two and decided to change things a litt. Though for it to work, he'd have to fall into thought for a second or two. Angering himself temporarily should do the trick, so with that, he dug through his thoughts and kept a good eye out for the fire at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.