War of Myths (Faye x Kurai)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fallon tilted her head curiously as he mentioned a band name that she wasn't familiar with. Hmm, what else could she expect though? She didn't own any device that could play music whenever she wanted. There were dozens of ways for the device to get broken as well. If she wanted music she used her grandparents radio. Some would say that they wouldn't be able to go without such things. Why, she didn't even have her own cell phone. It wasn't that her grandparents wouldn't get her one either, she just...never needed one. Her father rarely called, and he just called their land line. She didn't have friends her age to chat with. That wasn't something she ever worried about either. Okay...sometimes she did wish she had more than the birds to talk to, but that's why she came here in the first place. To find a friend.

She smiled as he asked if she were alone. Yes, he would want to know if she just made his secret place public. "I came to town with my grandparents to help them run their stall at the market. They let me have a little break though, so I came looking for you. I'm fairly sure no one noticed me come here." Perhaps she should exit a different way though. That way Shikei could keep this place secret still. It wouldn't be too hard. She could follow deer trails or even weave her way through the trees. Getting lost wouldn't be a concern with her ability to ask directions from practically any animal she came across. She did wonder if they were worried about her though. Her grandparents that is...She didn't ever come this far into the forest, honestly enjoying being within sight of the market. Who knew what creatures or people could be out here? It was a good thing she had found Shikei and not some perv. Perhaps she should have specified what boy she happened to be looking for next time. The squirrel could have led her to quite a difficult situation without knowing it. "I should be getting back. They said I could only have a half hour...and I think that's been entirely spent. It was good to meet you, Shikei. You should come by to visit our stall at the market some time. We have the best corn in the county." She stood up and dusted off her jeans before turning to him with a smile. Maybe she could come here whenever she came back. It would be fun to talk again.

That's who she was with; her grandparents. No one else he would've been concerned about, anyway. He nodded at her statement of having to go and he smiled in return. The boy lifted his hand and pointed off towards a thicket of trees. Right where a blossom tree bloomed. It was the only blossom tree within the clearing and he found it nice to look at every now and then. "Head off that way. If you keep heading out straight, you should see an old abandoned home. Take a right there and you should be back that that farmer's market." Shikei was good with directions around here. Of course, he's spent almost every day exploring new places whenever he had decided to skip school itself. Then, the next day, he'd return and venture further out, marking trees by burning a faint black ex into the base of it.

He looked up to the sky and took a moment to consider the time. It was close to being lunch and fourth period should nearly be over. Maybe he'd stop by home and grab something to eat. It wouldn't be much anyway. Shikei had. . . quite an odd diet for the most of it. He was usually seen eating sweets for nearly weeks and he'd be perfectly fine over it. His mother had worried about this a few times and eventually, she brought him to the hospital to get a quick checkup. As usual, he was healthy as ever. As if the candy and sweets hadn't effected him in any way. There were other things he had taken into his diet and he's been this way since a child. Whether or not someone told him it was wrong, it was already and full on habit for him. Eating anything else would probably have him feeling sick to the stomach. Shikei stood up and stretched a little before looking off towards home. That's where he'd head off to. "It was nice speaking to you as well. I'd love to speak to you again. I suppose I'll head to your grandparent's stall as soon as I stop by home. I suppose it'll be something to do." That was all he said before heading on off, putting in an earbud along the way.

Fallon found herself grinning happily when she was given directions. Straight that way, abandoned building, take a right. She repeated the basics to herself before turning away. She turned back when she heard the grass being ruffled. Ah, Shikei would be leaving too then. Enthusiastically, she nodded her head. "It will be great to see you again. See you later then!" Fallon waved goodbye before happily turning to skip off to the blossom tree. His directions were easy enough to follow, and the girl soon found herself back at the market, an empty cup in her hand. It didn't look like anyone were looking for her yet, so at least she had timed everything right.

Breaking into a light jog, Fallon dodged through the smaller crowds of people until she had gotten back to her grandparent's stall. "Now where have you been, little lady?" Her grandfather teased.
"We lost sight of you for a little while. Was everything alright?" The worried voice of her grandmother was next. They both looked a little tired from the day. Only a couple crates of corn were left full, the other crates were nearly empty. Fallon just laughed and threw her cup in the trash. "
I had just gone to explore a little bit....and I made a new friend." She happily told the elder couple about her encountering the boy in the forest, and recounted a little of their conversation. The fact of her ability and where exactly she had been were both left out of the conversation. It didn't seem like her grandparents minded either. They were simply happy to see Fallon so excited about meeting a new person.

With a wave good-bye, he headed on back the way he had came. Straight towards a few trees back towards where that rock with the faint red ex was. He'd get rid of that red ex after he'd come back maybe the next day. It was about time he'd gotten home and afterwards, he might actually stop at the school to see if he would consider taking at least one class. He stepped out onto the cobblestone and sighed lightly to himself, stretching a little. This morning had started out a bit rough but as the day went on, it seemed though he came to enjoy the day. The little conversation with Fallon had enlightened his day all the while. It didn't take that much to cheer him up anyway.

Shikei walked on Through the crowd and kept everything to himself, hearing a few people apologize after nearly running into him. He weaved on through the crowed before taking the road that led straight home. His mother wouldn't mind him comming home for lunch, considering the fact that he'd always done this. Every since he was a child to be precise. After a few more minutes of just walking, he came to the entrance of his home and opened the door, greeting his mother who was busy in the kitchen. "I'm home!" he called out, shutting the door behind him. "Welcome back!" She'd call back, peeking through the doorway to see if her own son were ok. Then she'd return to the kitchen to go on with her business. He entered the kitchen along with her and snooped around, pulling out his earbud. "I assume you're here to eat?" "Just the usual." he'd say in return, looking over to her. He noticed that she was looking at him as well with one hand upon her hip. "You do know that I send you off every morning to go to school, right?" Now she seemed to be catching up with the day. "Yeeeaah. ." He placed a hand behind his head and gazed off towards a wall. "Well, then. Why don't you ever get to class? I called the offiice to check in on you and apparently, you haven't even shown up for any of your classes. Where do you always end up going?" There wasn't much to say to her and he enjoyed keeping things to himself. It was the fact that he wasn't as open to his own mother than his dog. Things like this usually didn't go all too well. A sigh escaped his mouth and he had decided to exaggerate along the way.

"I just went and sat down in a park. I didn't feel like heading off to school knowing that Chase is going to start something again." he went on about his day and told her of the girl he had made friends with. As soon as he had mentioned this, his mother went completely off the main topic of their conversation. "You finally made a friend?" His mother approached him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "I thought you were a closed book." she went on. "M-Mom. . .I gotta get back. ." he mumbled, pulling away a little. With that said, she let him go, opened up the cupboard behind him and handed him a chocolate bar. "Alright, alright. I swear, what is it with you and candy? This can't possibly be good for you." The boy shrugged and grasped the sweet treat before waving goodbye and heading on out the door. "I'll see you later." With that, he headed out, shutting the door behind him. He was now heading on down the street, possibly heading back to his little hideout.

Fallon continued to chat as her grandparents ate the sandwiches they had packed for the trip. She spoke about how beautiful the forest had been with all the trees, and the abandoned house she had to come by to find her way. Her description of Shikei's hide out was left out though, she didn't want anyone to be too curious and go looking for it, even if she was just talking to her grandparents. After the couple had finished eating, the left Fallon in charge of the stall while they took their turn to gaze at the other wares for sale. Perhaps they would trade a crate of corn for something they wished to have at the farm. The pale-haired girl saw them off before she sat down in the folding chair next to the cash box. She couldn't really see the street from here due to another vendor being directly across from her. Her chocolate eyes softly watched the few people wandering through the market, or passing by on the hidden sidewalk beyond the other vendor. She could see the people there for a short time before they vanished from her line of sight. Most she had recognized as being customers.

There wasn't a way for her to know exactly when her grandparents would be back. Fallon didn't mind though. She had run this stall by herself a few other times to give her elders a peaceful break. Even in the shade it was warm. The iced lemonade was good though. They had already used a full cooler of it, and were probably half way through the second one. Most of the customers had received a glass as a good will token. This had been an idea Fallon had when she saw a kid selling lemonade and juice not far from the market. If they were to give a glass of the sweet liquid to their customers, it was sure to boost their popularity and sales. It actually worked too. Her thoughts were broken by a young mother walking over with a little toddler holding to her hand. Fallon quickly got two plastic cups full of lemonade and walked closer to them. "Here you go...you look thirsty." The woman gladly took it and dantily sipped the juice while she examined the produce Fallon was selling. After ridding herself of one glass, Fallon squatted down until she was eye level with the child. "Do you want some? It's really good...here, I'll help you with it." The toddler had been shy at first, and ran behind his mother. After a reassuring smile and a few gentle words, the little boy came out and let Fallon help him drink from the cup without spilling it. The little boy soon went on to chat with Fallon about what his mommy was buying and how far they had walked to get here and all the shiny objects in store windows on the way. The girl laughed with the toddler, enjoying the way she had been able to befriend him at least. His mother, however, looked as if she were disgusted by the lack of choice in their wares. She began to try to talk down the price for several items, claiming that they weren't worth that much if there was no choice in how ripe or plump something was.

Again, Shikei scrolled on through his Ipod with both earbuds in. He didn't bother stopping to speak to anyone; not that there were many to speak to anyway. The school soon came into sight and it was as if he began feeling less motivated to just walk. There was no chance he was going to take the last of his classes. Not this time. The last two classes were with that male, Chase, and it would've been a bothersome rest of the day for him. He sighed aloud and stopped at the school gate, seeing that the students were heading on inside. The bell hadn't rung yet and he knew this because a few other people were still sitting in small groups, laughing, playfully shoving eachother, and talking happily. He rested his arms upon the tops of the gate - it wasn't all too high anyway - and glimpsed around. Then, he saw that familiar face. That same face he saw this morning. Only it was bruised here and there. Shikei couldn't help but laugh softly to himself before continuing on his walk. The girl had mentioned that her grandparents had a stall within that Farmer's Market. So why not stop by?

It was moments later before he had entered the crowded streets. There were people everywhere and eventually, he decided to take a different way around. Off to the side, he slipped through the surrounding forest and simply walked on from there. At the same time, he seemed to keep a good look out for that girl, Fallon. He seemed to be quite fond of that name and it lingered within his head for quite a while. Soon enough, he caught sight of that familiar figure. It was the hair that seemed to make him pause for a moment; white. A smile crosses his face as he exited the underbrush, carefully making his way towards her. He pulled an earbud out and made sure not to run into anyone, even though they were the one's who were refraining on bumping into him. Moments later, he stood a little ways from Fallon, waving only slightly. "Hey. . Fallon?" he said, tilting his head a little. It appeared that she was busy with someone, so he continued to keep his distance.

Once the woman began trying to haggle, Fallon turned away from the toddler with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry ma'am, but we can't lower our prices. There's nothing wrong with the items left. I personally helped pick everything, and I know none of them are incredibly over or under ripe. If you would like, I can help you pick out the best of what we have." She stood looking a little appologetic to the lady, mainly because Fallon didn't enjoy this part of her job. If it were her own stall, half of her wares would likely be given away. But these were her grandparents crops, and they needed the money. The prices were fair, and already much less than what you'd find at the grocery. Her eyes remained trained on the young woman, though something pulled her attention away from this conversation. Just a few feet away, Shikei had stopped to wave and say hello. Her face brightened instantly, and she quickly waved back. The sound of someone clearing their throat made her return her gaze to the now upset woman. "Well, young lady. If you'll just stop staring at your boyfriend there, I could use your help in picking out a few things. Do we have a deal?" Fallon blushed as the woman wrongly assumed that Shikei were her boyfriend. "Yes ma'am, thank you." Still a little pink, Fallon went on to help the young mother pick out several different vegetables, and bagged them up. The original price of the items was paid, and the two stepped away from the stall.

Fallon bid the little boy farewell, and received a smile and a wave back. The mother simply nodded her thanks and dragged her son off. With a small sigh, Fallon turned back to smile at Shikei. "
Decided to stop by for a quick visit?" She teased the boy. "It's good to see you again, Shikei....even if it's only been an hour since we last saw each other." Part of her mind still wondered about what the woman said. Did she really think the two of them were dating? The only met this morning, and even that had been a bit of luck. Hmm, it was strange. She hadn't thought of denying those words either...

After he had recieved a wave in return from Fallon, he took note of what the lady said. He didn't glare nor look at her, figuring that it'd be rude anyway. Instead, he decided to snack on the chocolate bar his mother had given him not too long ago. He'd been thankfull that she had previously left it in the freezer before returning it to the cupboard. If she hadn't, he'd have probably thrown it away by now due to the heat outside. The treat was still surprisingly cool as he opened it, standing off to the side within the shade for a bit. As he broke of a small piece and popped it in his mouth, he watched as Fallon aided the woman. He honestly didn't know how she did it. If a person had given him difficulty, he would've been giving them hell itself. It must've been a way to sell things anyway.

After Fallon had finished helping the lady get her things, he looked at her and seemed to focus in on their conversation. A faint smile crossed his face as she spoke.
"I figured to stop by anyway. I don't think I'd enjoy being on in school. Either way, I find myself to be a hands on learner rather than a thinker. I have my ways of teaching myself a few things." He broke off a piece of chocolate and handed it to the girl, considering the fact that she had given him a slice of caramel apple earlier today. It was the least he could do. "So as of now, you're running this stall? I don't suppose your grandparents are around." he said, giving her a curious look.

Fallon simply giggled lightly as he explained his own habit of not attending school. Hands on learning was far more fun than class work, but she view both as necessary. It was a trait she prided herself on. Being able to think things over smoothly and forcing herself to absorb at least some knowledge that way. There were several things she was taught that she wouldn't have been able to practice anyway. With a small word of thanks, Fallon took the offered candy and popped it in her mouth. Mmm, she had to pause a moment to savor the treat as it melted against her tongue. Ah, she didn't often eat sweet things due to her grandparent's protests, but she couldn't deny her sweet tooth forever. Trips to the market were usually the perfect time to sneak in a few sweet snacks. She nodded to his question before swallowing what had been melting in her mouth. "Yep! My Grammy and Gramps decided to look around the market for themselves. I think they may find another doll to add to my Grammy's collection."

Fallon stepped back under the awning of her grandparent's stall, and beckoned Shikei to come under it as well. Sure there were other shaded places to stand, but talking that far away from each other was slightly awkward. The girl
Picked up the foldable chair and set it out as an offer for her friend to have a seat. She simply pushed herself up to sit on the tailgate of the old Ford. Thankfully the stalls often were extended parking spaces, so the truck had been able to stay where it was, acting as a sort of back wall to the space. "
What sort of things do you teach yourself then? You obviously enjoy some form of music...do you play any instruments?" Fallon could only claim to have a basic knowledge of music. She could struggle through reading it, and manage a few simple tunes on the old piano at the farm house. More than that though, she had to admit, that was one subject she would have been glad to learn at the school house.

Shikei took the girl's offer and sat on down on the chair beneath the shade of her grandparent's stall. He'd then return to the sweet treat he had taken here along the way. Looking up towards the girl, he listened intently to other things she'd have left to ask him. He leaned back in his chair and thought for a second or two. "Since I never bother heading to class, I've got a few schoolbooks that my mom's brought home a couple months back. I sort of just read through it and have her test me on a few things. Either that or I just sketch down some notes. Trust me, if you were able to sit in a class for an hour and listen to a teacher ramble on, I gurantee you'd either fall asleep or learn a fraction of what they were teaching." He laughed softly to himself and peered around for a second. He watched as people would pass on by holding their supplies or foods they had bought. That and he watched the children run about after their parents. "And I don't typically play any instrument. I'm not really fond of playing anything."

"And I take it you learn things over the internet?" He had recalled the girl saying something about that. Though he hadn't really thought about it until now. Learning things over the web wasn't something he's thought about and he'd much rather do that. Either way, his mother would still encourage him to head off to school every morning. Not like he had a choice anyway. He'd usually come back as if he hadn't disagreed to her thoughts. As long as she hadn't found out where he stayed, that is.

Her head nodded as he explained his own way of study. It honestly didn't sound too different from her own way of doing it...online courses just allowed her to take out being quizzed by a person. Melodic laughter mingled with his own quiet chortle when he described the bore of being in class. Perhaps school wasn't as interesting as she had thought before. Her smile couldn't have faded even if she tried to force it away. Something about having a healthy conversation with another person her age was uplifting. She could definitely get used to speaking like this on a regular basis with the boy. "Mm-hmm. I just log into this site, and the day's work is right there. I can do whatever amount I want when I want. And if I have a question, I can video chat with one of the tutors they have. My Gramps still makes sure I'm learning enough for his standards. He likes to quiz me out of the blue about random topics he's heard about. My Grammy takes the schooling for Home Economics into her own hands though. She says that 'A proper young lady can't learn how to run a home by staring at a screen all day'." Fallon raised a finger to shake it in the boys direction as she mimicked her Gran. After a failed attempt at a stern look, she broke out into a fit of giggles.

Another customer came up to the stand, and Fallon had to excuse herself for a moment from the conversation. The elder man talked for a little while, expressing his delight upon seeing how much Fallon had grown in the month of time between market days, and how she's grown up to be such a lovely young woman. He also mentioned how her parents should be proud to have such a daughter, and that her grandparents were even more lucky. Fallon's kind smile faltered quite a bit at the mention of parents. She recovered quick enough for the hurt look to go unnoticed by the elder man. The young lady bagged his groceries promising to tell her grandparents hello. The man walked away smiling as Fallon waved farewell.

She promptly turned back to her companion, smiling as if nothing upsetting had just occurred. Again she hoisted herself up on the tailgate before resuming their conversation. "
You said that you like the band Syndec..?" She paused hoping that she hadn't just made an idiot of herself by not remembering the answer to a question she'd asked earlier. "I haven't heard of them...have they been around long?" Hopefully this topic would be one they could both enjoy without possibly straying to an uncomfortable or awkward subject. Usually that didn't happen, but one never could be too careful when speaking to someone only a second time.

A small laugh slipped from his mouth as he listened to the girl's imitation. He was surprised she managed well when learning off a computer and he'd predict that a few other people might've been doing the same. A conversation like this made him happy in a way and couldn't help but want to stay for the rest of the day. Though the boy had a few other things to do. Back at the clearing, he was dying to play around with the flames he was able to generate using nothing but his own breath. Rather than using the flames to put out his anger towards the plant life, he's been minipulating it to his heart's content. Sure a few other plants would get burned in the process, but he didn't seem to mind. Shikei was in his thoughts for a moment or two and he was sure to answer any of the girl's questions.

As the girl mentioned the band he was quite fond of, he peered up and shrugged a little. "I suppose they've been around for a while. I've only recently heard of them." He replied, breaking off another piece of chocolate and popping it into his mouth. The girl seemed quite good with what she did and he was interested in that fact. Though for some odd reason, he was lingerinng on the fact that she was able to speak to animals itself. That was something to think about as he awaited an answer. If she were able to do so, she must've heard about lots of things even a few other people didn't know. As much as he would've been fond of an ability like that, he seemed to love fire the most already. "So how's about you? I suppose you've got a favorite band?"

Fallon hummed in thought for a few minutes, trying to recall the various artists she'd been able to listen to. "Hnnn, I'll listen to just about anything...but I really like club music...or DJ remixes. Basshunter would have to be my current favorite." She swung her legs back and forth as she sat perched on the edge of the tailgate. "I can only listen to that when I'm doing school work though. Gramps radio doesn't pick up any interesting stations...though listening to that is better than nothing. Especially when I'm tending the garden on my own." She laughed a little bit at that statement. Farm life could be very boring, especially without something to listen to. The birds chatter was always there, but she had been able to tune that out when she didn't want to listen. She still wondered about the small bits of ash she had thought she saw back in the glade. She considered it a little rude to ask something that wasn't already an open topic though. Especially something like that, no one enjoyed being singled out for being different. "You said before that you had a dog...I didn't get the chance to ask what breed he was." She wasn't able to think of anything more to speak about music. And she had been dying to hear about the dog as well. As one may have expected, Fallon loved all sorts of animals.

It wasn't another minute before her grandparents returned with a package wrapped in brown paper. Most likely another China doll. Of all the things to collect, her Grammy had chosen the fragile dolls. Fallon waved to the couple with a fond greeting. "
Gram, Gramps! Your back!" She paused as she noticed the curious look they gave the boy with her. "Oh, this is Shikei Tsukimi. He's the one I met in the woods. Shikei, these are my grandparents, Barb and Frank Williams." At least the introductions went smoothly. Her grandmother simply smiled with a kind hello. Her grandfather though held out his large calloused hand to shake Shikei's own hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Tsukimi." He said with a chuckle. It was always his habit to treat any boys as he would an adult man. He found it instilled most with a higher sense of responsibility and pride, though quite a few shied away from the formal behavior. Fallon enjoyed the concept, she enjoyed the teasing her grandfather gave her, but the amount of respect he gave when seriously conversing with her sparked a sense of individuality. She always felt as if she were strong enough to take her life into her own hands and mold it to form whatever dream she wished.

He listened carefully to her likes and finished the rest of his treat before taking note of her question. Shikei's dog wasn't the typicall husky for all he knew. His mother had given it to him a few years back and the two of them had become the best of friends. "I do believe that my dog is a husky-wolf hybrid. He's begger than that of the average husky and I find him to be sorta cute. What with all the fur that is." he smiled at the thought of his own dog and seemed to enjoy it for a moment or two. Soon enough, he caught sight of two people approaching the stall. He assumed that they were Fallon's grandparents.

Shikei smiled faintly at the girl's grandmother and waved back in return. He then peered towards the other and held his hand out as well, shaking the man's hand before letting go and peering off a seperate direction. "Oh, You can call me Shikei. It's no trouble." The boy wasn't all used to people calling him by his last name and it felt odd. Sure, it might've been respectfull to many different people but to him, he found it to be quite different. He usually heard his mother call him by his last name, but that only happened whenever she was frustrated with him in some way. "And it's a pleasure to meet you both as well. I've been wondering as to where you've gone off to." It was true. Fallon seemed to run evverything smoothly while they were off and he had wondered where they were for quite some time.

Frank chuckled, "Very well, Shikei." He waited until the boy finished speaking before he answered. "Well, Fallon here had already taken her break. Do we not get one as well? It would be hardly fair if she were allowed to roam without taking a share in the responsibility as well." He crossed his arms over his chest as he raised an eyebrow at the lad. Fallon's grandmother came up to gently poke her husband. "Don't mind him, darling. We actually found quite a treasure..." The elderly lady held out the paper package, and pulled back one end of the paper to reveal the smooth face of a china doll. This one was made to resemble a native american girl, with jet black braids, traditional animal hide clothing, black eyes, and dark skin. Fallon stepped closer to look at it and hummed a little. "I think I like that one best, Grammy...she's pretty."

The two women stayed were they were while Fallon's grandfather took care of another customer. Fallon soon turned to retreave a glass of lemonade for her grandmother. "
Oh, Shikei...would you like a glass? We make this ourselves...it's pretty good." The white haired girl soon walked back to hand her Grammy the cup, and in turn take the porcelain doll. Carefully, the paper was pulled back over it to cover the figure again. From there Fallon took the doll and placed it in the cab of the truck, knowing it would be safe there. Barb took a small sip of the sweetly sour liquid. "I'm glad Fallon was able to meet you...she and the town girls don't tend to get along."

Shikei smiled and laughed softly to himself at the man's remark, only to gaze away for a split second. Afterwards, he took his attention to the elder lady and the doll she had purchaced. Of course, he didn't understand how something so small could be of such value to someone but that was just him. The boy didn't really speak to that many people anyway. Everything was just new. His eyes scanned the doll's face for mere seconds before he was asked yet another question out of the blue. Lemonade? As much as he wanted to say yes, it was the faact that he just wasn't up for it at the moment. Possibly another time for sure. "No thanks." he said, smiling faintly at Fallon's offer.

After saying so, Shikei took the time to recall what happened today. This morning, it had appeared that this day would start out the same as every other day. Then, he met Fallon. Well. . it seemed though she had found him, actually. If it hadn't been for her curiosity, there wasn't a chance that he would've even been in the place he was now. It appeared that he had fallen back into his train of thought until the elder lady had spoken up. He listened intently after snapping back to reality and peered towards Fallon's grandmother. He soon laughed softly to himself and peered towards the ground only slightly. "I don't get along with much of the guys around her as well. I don't blame them." It was true though. There was maybe one guy that tried befriending him but in the end, Shikei hadn't wanted his companionship. He had been a closed space for quite a while now. Anyone would've been able to see that. While he awaited some sort of response, he played with the sleeve of his jacket for the time being. Sure, it was hot out but Shikei seemed to enjoy the heat. This was another thing that seemed a bit different about him as well.

Barb nodded sympathetically, knowing how some kids could be nowadays. "Yes....it seems that some children have a hard time accepting others that they don't know well. It's sad really, they may be missing wonderful opportunities." She took another drink of her lemonade just as Frank came back. The elderly woman smiled at her husband and passed him the cup of sweet liquid. Frank downed the rest of it before walking over to fill it again. He returned followed by Fallon. "Thank you for the drink, darling..." Frank mumbled quietly as he bent down to peck his wife on the cheek. "Eh, Gramps...did you have to do that while I have a friend here?" Her grandfather chuckled before bringing his lips to meet Barb's lips this time. The grandmother chuckled a little, "I believe you are embarrassing her, dear." she said softly. Fallon's face was a light shade of pink as she turned to suddenly find interest in the back of the truck.

"I don't think a little affection would scare the lad off, Fallon..." Frank chuckled with a small glance to the boy. "What do you say? Speak now or forever hold your peace." The elder man said, finding quite a bit of humor in his granddaughter's humiliation. Fallon peaked over her shoulder to see what Shikei would say. Her grandfather did mean it, if nothing were said now, he didn't plan on being discrete with his affection for his wife.

The boy nodded at the lady's words and he took his attention over towards Fallon. It wasn't long before he noticed that the couple were showing light effection towards eachother. He couldn't help but laugh at Fallon's reaction. He peered on over towards the girl for a second or two and smiled intently. Afterwards, he eyes met with the man's for a moment. "It doesn't bother me at all. I've seen far worse in my time." Shikei stood up and walked on over towards Fallon afterwards, chuckling softly to himself. "It's not like it's the end of the world, right?" he put his hands into his pockets and peered around at his surroundings. It seemed though this Farmer's market was going to last quite a while. There wasn't as many people as before but it sure looked like it wasn' going to die down anytime soon. His mother would probably stop by and grab a few things herself too.

"I'm assuming you're heading out of town afer this is all over, huh?" Shikei said, peering towards the girl. That's what he thought. She came only for this event, right? It wasn't like she was moving here or anything. "I'm actually enjoying you around. It's not everyday I get to speak to someone and not want to stop." As he waited for an answer, he tuned into the surrounding sounds, as if he were trying to pinpoint certain sounds. The sky was a clear blue and not a cloud was in sight. That meant that it would be fairly hot for the rest of the day. He watched the children run about, families walk on by, odd decorations that have been put up, and much more. The boy hadn't really been to something like this all too ofted. Now that he was getting a better look at it, everything was really enjoyable.

"See, Fallon...I'm allowed to kiss my wife." Frank teased a bit more before again getting chided by his wife. The elderly woman tugged him away to give the two a little bit of privacy while they spoke. These markets only happened once a month, the two should be allowed to have their fun while they are able.

Fallon childishly stuck her tongue out at Shikei as he sided with her grandfather. "Oh, it's definitely the end of the world." She couldn't ever be serious about that though, and her usual smile replaced her upset look. She walked over to the tailgate of the truck and hefted herself up before patting the space beside her for him. She made sure there was a fair amount of room between them. A sad look crossed her eyes when he mentioned her leaving. "Yeah...We'll pack up either when the market closes, or when we sell out." She swung her legs back and forth, staring at her sandles. Her brown eyes rose soon after to meet his own magenta gaze. "You should come out to visit! I know Gram and Gramps wouldn't mind. And...I've really enjoyed our conversation as well..." She finished quietly. They hadn't known each other for long but she was sure that she wanted to talk with him again. If she had to walk half way here, she probably would have.

Chuckling softly to himself a bit more, Shikei walked up towards the truck and hopped up. As he sat beside her, carefull to keep just a bit of distance, he leaned back upon his hands just a little. "Visit you? I'd be more than happy to. Well I'd have to convince my mom. She's always hesitant whenever I ask if I could go somewhere. Most of the time, she's thinking I'll just get myself into another fight." He smiled at that thought and peered up towards the sky for a second or two. "Just like that time I met my dog, Zee." Shikei couldn't help but bring himself back to the day when he had met his dog. Zee had been so small back then and it basically changed a bit of his talking habits. Whenever Shikei was talking, it'd be to his own companion. Whether or not he was in his room.

"And I had most certainly enjoyed our conversation as well. It's not everyday I get to speak to someone, you know. Well. . someone who's actually a person." he said with a smile "Sometimes, I just need that little hint of kindness whenever I'm leaving for school. Zee and my mom have been giving me plenty of that and I can most certainly say you've done the same." Shikei laughed softly to himself and peered up towards the sky yet again. It was already past noon, so school should've been nearly done by now. When speaking to someone, time certainly passed on by faster than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.