Wander here and adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of our villains should be a robot dragon.

It was made by dwarves who lived in dragon-infested mountains as an assassin of dragons, something that it did very well. However, as it lived and killed among them, it began to want to become a true dragon, and loathed that it was unable to stop killing them, and learn to become one of them. This yearning finally broke him as it was about to land the final blow on one of the most powerful dragons of the mountains. He basically told it that it was made by the worms of the mountains, and because of this, it could never become one of them.

It killed that dragon, and returned to where it was made, and completely destroyed the mountain kingdom, and slept in its ruins... until an unwary group of heroes woke it up, and unleashed the False Dragon's hatred across the whole world

I think one of our villains should be a robot dragon.

It was made by dwarves who lived in dragon-infested mountains as an assassin of dragons, something that it did very well. However, as it lived and killed among them, it began to want to become a true dragon, and loathed that it was unable to stop killing them, and learn to become one of them. This yearning finally broke him as it was about to land the final blow on one of the most powerful dragons of the mountains. He basically told it that it was made by the worms of the mountains, and because of this, it could never become one of them.

It killed that dragon, and returned to where it was made, and completely destroyed the mountain kingdom, and slept in its ruins... until an unwary group of heroes woke it up, and unleashed the False Dragon's hatred across the whole world

If we were to do this plot, the technology would have to be advanced or even futuristic. Guns would no longer be single shot, instead there will be gatling guns and high pressured water gun. The world will be final fantasyish.

Anyways, why did the dwarves want to murder dragons? Why did they create a robot dragon to kill dragons? Can't they just build a gundam mecha? XD

If we were to do this plot, the technology would have to be advanced or even futuristic. Guns would no longer be single shot, instead there will be gatling guns and high pressured water gun. The world will be final fantasyish.

Anyways, why did the dwarves want to murder dragons? Why did they create a robot dragon to kill dragons? Can't they just build a gundam mecha? XD
Maybe the dragons are the ones that are murdering the dwarves, and it was probably a better idea to use runes and iron to make a robot dragon that blends in and kills the dragons from where they least expect it. Also, wouldn't dwarves have ample access to iron, and magic's a thing, so why can't dwarves have rune magic?

Perhaps it could work. But I do think that dwarves are more used to handling machinery rather than magic. Elves are more profound when magic is involved. To make the story more interesting, perhaps the dwarves stole an enchanted relic of the elves to create their unnatural dragon. The elves want their relic returned or else there will be war. And so, the quest to reclaim the relic began.

Are you willing to play as the robo dragon? or do want to be the person hired to kill it?

I'd very much like to be the False Dragon, and I like that idea of a plot, get some real tension flowing between the dwarves and elves, a fantasy Cold War between dwarves and elves would be cool.

I take interest in this. I think this will be fun.

We're discussing the antagonist now?

It's an antagonist I suggested, we were just discussing some details about it

@Crow , we are trying to generate ideas for a roleplay. But if you already have a character which has a private agenda, I can start a private roleplay for you where I can act as the NPCs, monsters, and the environment. But if you want a group roleplay where the other players can effect your character in many ways, you can join in the on I and @Salsacookies is currently discussing about.

I personally like a character with a private agenda. His or her private agenda can be her sub-plot and makes the character much more interesting.

The false dragon's private agenda is his dream of becoming a real dragon. We can make that agenda a personal plot for him/her.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants to suggest any plots they think is interesting and would like me to help, please don't hesitate to share.

Hmmm...

The moon is said to be home to certain races, most notably rabbits. Maybe I can be a visitor from the moon. It's more of a Tale of the Bamboo Cutter thing than a Scifi thing.

Reactions: Shade_XY
What method did the rabbit races travel to the planet?

Hmmm... a fantasy-themed airship perhaps?

I still need logic even if its going to be a fantasy world. Therefore, innevitably, a slight science fiction will have to be incorporated into the story. Maybe the rabbit kind travels using their high tech rockets but the planet's technology is not as advance as theirs. What happens in the planet? We have to plot more. I don't want a roleplay without purpose because we won't know what to do then.

Two kingdoms are in war for territory. The rabbit descended with her skyship, bringing advance technology with her. Word spread. The kings of the two kingdom raced to find the rabbit. They want her knowledge and power. The rabbit couldn't return to the moon. The skyship's fuel has depleted or parts of her skyship is broken. So start her journey to find fuel or parts in a dangerous world.

Above is a plot idea.

That isn't a bad idea at all. I'm glad to finally incorporate technological elements into a Fantasy roleplay.

Maybe the Power Source she is finding could be an automaton's heart or something...

@Crow , your roleplay only needs a little bit more plotting and we are good to go.

Please pay in mind that I will post the outcomes for every one of your character's important action and reaction. Please bare with the outcome even if it contradicts to what you personally want to happen. For instance, you want your character to sneak, hiding in the shadow, but then I write that he or she is found out and seen. You shall not PM me and cry me a river over it. Is that understood? This will not be a happy all the way story. I will cut off your character's limbs at one point.

@Crow , your story will consist of your character trying to hide her skyship and fleeing from the two kingdom's men while at the same time searching for the item needed. At the starting of the roleplay, her skyship will be place in between the two kingdoms. Therefore both kingdoms will have the same chance to get to the skyship. Your character will have advance weapons and gadgets, up to your imagination could create and I will play as the two kingdoms. But ultimately, this will be your story and how she survives or dies. Please tell me what kind of environment do you want the skyship to land. If you may, please post your character sheet here. If not, PM me.

@Salsacookies , we need to find more players for your story. I don't think it will work on a one on one roleplay. If I have the time, I will advertise the roleplay.

@Salsacookies , can I have a realistic image of your robo dragon, please? If you don't mind, please create a character sheet for him. It'll help smoothen my work in promoting the roleplay.

I won't randomly fail your character's action.

The outcomes for your character's action will be judged based on your writings. If should be detailed, describing her movements and the capacity of her skills.

For example, she attempted to hide from people. If you simply write that 'she hides behind a crate', not mentioning where the crate is and how she hides behind it, I can only write the outcome based on that information. Because it lacks detail, I will fail you.

But if you write that she crouched and squeezed herself, shrinking her body as small as she could, hiding behind large multiple stacked crates placed against the walls on the far corner of the room, in the dark areas where the rays of the sun isn't capable of reaching and touching. She tried to stay as quiet as she could, not interested in catching attention by producing any sound. < Now, that is detailed. I could accept that.

Still, I have to take count of the logic.

For an example, an orc, taller and with bigger muscles. He run towards you with one of his arms up, clutching a heavy steel mace in his hand. Once he was close to you, he swung the weapon down in a vertical motion.

You will react. I will write whether the attacks hit or not based on what you write. If you simply write that you dashed sideways without adding detail on your character body movements, it will be very difficult for me to decide the outcome. So you should write your character's body movement in detail. Whether she sidestepped at the precise moment or she moved her spear with her hand, positioning the weapon at an angle where it could avert the mace's direction and cause the orc to lose balance.

Of course, ultimately, the outcomes will be up to me. I will write the outcomes the way I want it to be. I won't make this a dice roleplay as it is not what I intend to do. In my opinion, if it was a dice roleplay, logic and detail need not apply.

If you feel that you cannot make your character's movement logical and describe your character's movement in detail, it will be difficult.

Anyone else interested? I am still waiting for anyone to take up on my offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.