Waking up early

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've despised waking up early ever since I was a little tyke in High School, waking up at 6am for 7am classes never appealed to me. That's the main reason why I have never, ever scheduled a college course earlier than noon(and probably never will.) but I generally wake up around 8am to start my day. That's if I don't have work.

On workdays, I can be up as early as 0230 to be at work by 0400 for the day shift. Those days I wonder what the hell I'm doing and think my intelligence is lower than what I like to believe.

I don't really mind waking up early, considering I have no choice in the matter most days. The thought of a good cup of coffee drags my happy ass out of bed no problem. My problem is actually getting enough sleep. I rarely get more than four hours of sleep a night, but being used to it helps me feel better about it in a strange way. I wouldn't necessarily say that I hate waking up early, but I definitely prefer nights.

I love waking up early (4:45) because most of the RPs get responses while I'm asleep, and I try to put my replies in before I go to work at 6:00.

I like the early shift because I have time to do other things in the daylight after work, and I avoid the rush hours here.

I wake up around 5:00 and go to work by 6:30. I like it because I avoid a lot of the traffic, as I travel along some very congested roads in Okinawa City when it gets to rush hour. And I'm not too experienced as a driver so I would rather drive when there aren't many other cars on the road, both in the morning and when I go home at 3:30.

I like waking up early, if only for the first reason. I hate waking up late only to find most of my day has been wasted.

That said, trying to get up early for me is like trying to get blood from a stone. Impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.