Waking up early

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lady B

Original poster
I hate waking up early. I HATE it. 8AM classes are pretty much the bane of my existence. That being said though, there are some pros to waking up early:

• You get to make the most of your day
  • You get to see the sunrise
  • Just kidding, there are no pros to waking up early
  • Help, I can't feel my face
So what's YOUR opinion on waking up in the wee hours of the morning? Are you an early bird? Do you like chillin' in bed for like, fifteen minutes after waking up before getting out of bed, or are you like me, and would rather just stay there until you get bored of not doing anything?

Reactions: Hana and ElBell
I hate it. I can't do it no matter what. Even when I fall asleep early, I still tend to wake up around 11 (which results in me having slept for twelve hours and wasted my day D:) For me it's better to just fall asleep around three-four PM, cause no matter what, I won't be fully rested before I've slept until at least 11 AM. Doesn't matter how long or short I've been sleeping, I just need to sleep until then.

But most jobs (and schools) doesn't support this so I have to make sure to get my ass up in the early mornings when I have to get somewhere and be tired as hell. :( Which is why I want to get a translator education so I can translate shit at my own times and not give a damn about the rest of the world's weird early morning obsession.

Oh and about staying in bed. This morning I znoozed for 3 hours, and at times I've done it for 4. >_< I can only get up if I have somewhere to be. If not I will just think "five more minutes won't hurt." And suddenly the clock is 11 :o (Which is why I don't dare to znooz when I'm supposed to go somewhere, or I put my alarm on 5 in the morning so I can get a few hours of znoozing time. Cause I always get the best dreams during the znoozing time xD)

Reactions: Halo and Lady B
It's not fun exactly fun to wake up early. I have to wake up sometimes at 5 so I can leave at 6 for work. ;.; I never been a fan of waking up early, but eh it's sometimes worth it. Whether you want to put more hours for more money or just...getting closer to earning that degree for school I guess?

Waking up early is meh.

Reactions: ElBell
I hate waking up early. I HATE it. 8AM classes are pretty much the bane of my existence. That being said though, there are some pros to waking up early:

• You get to make the most of your day
  • You get to see the sunrise
  • Just kidding, there are no pros to waking up early
  • Help, I can't feel my face
So what's YOUR opinion on waking up in the wee hours of the morning? Are you an early bird? Do you like chillin' in bed for like, fifteen minutes after waking up before getting out of bed, or are you like me, and would rather just stay there until you get bored of not doing anything?
You stole this from Tumblr, the bullets at least :p I'm onto you now! Not like I've ever taken stuff from Tumblr haha what

I personally am not good waking up early, but I do naturally wake between 6:30 and 7, which is pretty good. My issue however arises when I need to wake up like double early at some time before 6. For example, waking up at 3:30 for swim practice is a memory so unpleasant that it still haunts me to this day. And of course, that again will start next school year when I am on my new team <.< Yay...

Bottom line: if you wake me up before 6, don't blame me if you lose an arm! :D

I hate it. It puts so much stress on me. I forget shit in the morning. I forget stuff that's important for the day even though I packed my bag the night before. I can't handle waking up early at 5:30 am because it affects my activity in class. Hell, I'm always yawning each morning. It's frustrating because I need to focus on my work, but it's fucking hard when you wake up early and want nothing to do with class except to take naps.

Waking up early is pretty much the only thing I hate about my job.

I hate it when there's an in-service day and I have to be up and at work by 6. My usual shift is 230 to 11 so it really throws me off having to crash before 10 just to get enough sleep.

Gives me a good excuse to get breakfast though.

I am up by 6 and at work at 7:30.

It's whatever. No sense hating something if it's not going to change. How shitty a morning is depends entirely on how you choose to look at it. If you keep telling yourself it's bullshit you'll always be a bitter, exhausted grump with a caffeine habit. If you look at it as a staging period for your day, it's not so bad.

Reactions: Torsty
I enjoy waking up early if I managed to get enough sleep the night before. I hate waking up early if I feel miserable and that's mainly because I didn't allow myself enough time to sleep. I get things done and it's peaceful. What's not to like?

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
I wake up 2 minutes before I have to get out to catch the bus.​

I don't enjoy getting up early but when I do get up early... er, I get everything done.

It's been ingrained into me that staying in bed late in unacceptable. My family will look down on me if I don't get up at 8 on weekends when I stay over. Literally, during holidays, I'll have the dog sicked into my bed at 6AM to make sure I'm not sleeping in. To be honest, once removed from college, I like to get up earlier. Early morning is my favorite time of day, nobody to mess with you and it's nice and quiet.

It's been ingrained into me that staying in bed late in unacceptable. My family will look down on me if I don't get up at 8 on weekends when I stay over. Literally, during holidays, I'll have the dog sicked into my bed at 6AM to make sure I'm not sleeping in. To be honest, once removed from college, I like to get up earlier. Early morning is my favorite time of day, nobody to mess with you and it's nice and quiet.
When I use to stay at my grandparent's house, my sister and I would get woken up at 6AM when my Aunt would throw her chihuahua on the bed. We would be attacked. >.<

The early morning is my archenemy.

I always come out half dead from our confrontations.

Reactions: Novis
The problem is I love mornings. They're fresh, bright and I feel productive...

But I love my bed so much more. Pulling my lazy ass from a warm duvet and into my cold room is too much effort.

Me and mornings have a love/hate relationship.
If I am woken up by someone, just because they think it's wrong to sleep in, I suggest running for the hills.
I'm a complete bitch first thing in the morning.
I don't even talk when I'm in those moods.
Just growl and glare at every cheery eye morning person.

Thats when I have mornings.
But lets say I woke up on my own.
Well then I'm happy, still sleepy but happy.
I'll stay in bed for an hour before getting up to start my day
Those mornings are my favorite.

I enjoy waking up early if I managed to get enough sleep the night before. I hate waking up early if I feel miserable and that's mainly because I didn't allow myself enough time to sleep. I get things done and it's peaceful. What's not to like?
That's pretty much my stance on the whole thing: Pretty great if I got enough sleep, and terrible if I didn't. I wouldn't qualify myself as a "morning person" though.

once i get over that first 30 minutes of waking up, i'm all ready to kick ass and take names. the earlier the better.

Reactions: Hana
I feel like shit if I get up before around 10-11, same as @redblood. Doesn't matter when I fell asleep, getting up before then leaves me feeling nauseous, exhausted, and haggard for the rest of the day. Today was one of those days - I was trying to get myself a normal sleeping pattern so I went to bed early last night and woke up about 8am today. I had a good 8 hours of sleep, but still felt so ill and awful I almost ended up passing out in the supermarket from multiple lightheaded/dizzy spells. However, I frequently pull all nighters, sleep for 4-5 hours in the afternoon, and feel absolutely fine.

No idea what's wrong with me, but for some reason I just can't deal with being awake that early.

It's 8am, I've been awake since about 6am and I'm ready to dropkick a goddamn horse.

That should be answer enough.

Seriously though, I hate early mornings. When I need to get my ass out of bed for work, that's one thing, but school and weekends/vacations/unemployment is another thing entirely.

No point in complaining when I have to wake up at 6am every morning because I have a job to get to, I'm slightly less irritable then. But when I wake up at 6am on the days I'm supposed to sleep in on, like today, people should be wise enough to stay out of my way unless they want a faceful of fist. And waking up this early usually gives me migraines. I try to sleep for as long as I possibly can, but living with other people means I usually get woken up too early. I'm a very light sleeper, and the sun is my arch nemesis, because it comes glaring through the windows at around 5am in the summer, and around 8am in the winter.

I really, really don't understand how people can wake up in the asscrack of dawn and still be so chipper it pains the rest of us just looking at them.

Waking up early is excellent for setting a routine. For the past weeks now, I wake up at 7 standard, make smoothies, do exercises and make/have breakfast before I hop on my bike. Basically having this hour to get health shit done honestly makes the rest of my day a lot easier. By the time I get to work I'm focused and ready to go. Sure I hated it at first, but powering through the first couple days makes it easier afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.