Video Game Nerds Here

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I've played only Halo 3 and Wars. Wars is...not amusing. And 3... I like Bioshock .__.

-Note that she stopped talking about halo all together =D -

Eh I like my snes...shes all beautiful.... >.> <.< >.> -strangles anyone who says she isnt with her controller cord- O_e

Love my Illusions of Gaia, Secret of Mana, B.o.F., Chrono Trigger, Link to the past and more. ^-^ <3

The only game that I didn't play on system and with a emulator instead was Terranigma...fuck I'd cum all kinds of crazy if I had that game and it played. O______e Oh wait....or Seiken Densetsu 3

EDIT DAMNIT: DOOM

THANK YOU WAR, MY EYES ARE SLOWLY BEING OPENED TO WHAT I HAAAAVE MIIIIIIISED ;-;..... and its a beautiful thing indeed.

Hrrrm more compy games ehhhh..... uhh.... hrm... Im more of a console person myself but I liked diablo and starcraft. -run and hide-

ONE MORE THING:

FUCKING ZORK.......... STOOOOOOOOOOOOPEEEEED -angry face-

Company of Heroes!!!!!!

Age of Empires < first rts game i played

Still play Doom!

All time favorite? Star Control 2. You know, just in case my signature doesn't give me away. You can download a "remastered" version of the game here in case you're curious: The Ur-Quan Masters

As far as FPSs go? For me, it's a tie between Counterstrike and Dystopia!

Anybody's ever played Age of Mythology? It's the thing that got me interested in mythological creatures (with some influence from Disney's Hercules, too).

<3 Hydra. Regenerative heads FTW.

ANIMAL CROSSING! :D I need some Wii friends with City Folk. c____c People should give me friend codes.

I also like playing Karaoke Revolution and other karaoke games. :3

... Yeah, I'm a boring non-gamer girl. c__c But it's because I have RAGE ISSUES and not because I dun like games. I just... I seriously cannot play video games without getting really, really, really angry and violent. I mean, I get pissed off at freaking animal crossing when I can't catch a fish. Imagine how much -worse- I'd get with something more serious. x__x Although I did play Oblivion! That was fun!

BUT I LOVE WATCHING GIBS PLAY: Stalker, Mass Effect, and FEAR! Loooove those games!

I notice a distinct lack of Quake in this thread. Or even the original Unreal Tournament.

Valkyrie Profile 2 for the PS2! So awesome, it should've been two dsics... But they were so awesome, it was only ONE! The story was epic enough to rival Final Fantasy, it had mythological characters and beasts, the battle system took angles and positioning into every consideration...And you could fight the most evil boss of all time....HAMSTERS.

Wait, wait. I have to revoke my original claims for favorite FPS in favor of Tribes.

Admittedly it was Towarzysz that reminded me, though I wouldn't be able to tell you why.

Warcraft (NOT WOW, REAL GODDAMN WARCRAFT), Starcraft, Diablo, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Final Fantasy, Super Mario RPG, Pokemon games (The OLD ones), Oblivion, Super Smash Bros. ect, ect, ect.

There is no 'one game to rule them all' in my eyes.

There's also a distinct lack for some of the classics.

Particularly CONTRA and PUNCHOUT!!!

I might also add Command & Conquer and the Metal Slug series to the list.

Everyone knows 3rd Strike is the best 2D Street Fighter game ever.

SHORYUREPPA, BITCHES!

I don't play a lot of RPG/Sports games, or any game that you play by yourself. Half the fun of playing games is beating someone else's ass!

Suikoden 1,2, and 3. Breath of fire 3, Final Fantasy 7, Street Fighter Third Strike, Kessen II, and III. Last, but not least... Pong, and all it's incarnations.

Everyone knows 3rd Strike is the best 2D Street Fighter game ever.

Capcom Verus SNK 2 would like to have a word with you, sir.

Seriously, CVS2 has got to be the defining 2d fighting, if not the defining fighting game, of our generation.

Recently I have been trying to catch up on Shin Megami Tensei series myself. The Persona series are fun, but they lack the GRIMDARK that usually comes with SMT storylines, which gives the SMT it's personal style.

Fuck you guys all I do is play the first two CoDs, Warband and OFP.

bfw-republiccommando-screen001.jpg

KOOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Oh, God; Seiji's post just reminded me that Xbox Live is dropping support for all its original games tonight.

This makes me a very, very sad man.

Also, this thread needs more Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, and Devil May Cry.

Castlevania all up in dis bitch he'ah!

METAL GEAR SOLID ALL UP IN YO GRILLZ

You disappoint me. . . YOU LEFT OUT SILENT HILL.

*Likes most of the games Ampie does which implies AT LEAST Castlevania, MGS, & SH*

EXCEPT I also have an undying love for super-hero games. I don't care if movie tie-ins usually suck. . . getting to play as a superhero is one of my favorite things to do in a game. Especially in free-roaming.

Other than that. . .

Destroy All Humans! 1 & 2 [Don't have 3 ;_;]

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy--- It was a HORRIBLE plot that was also apparently stolen & resulted in a lawsuit . . . but to me it was the best game with psychic powers ever. Much more fun than "Force Unleashed" in my opinion. Lawsuit sucked though. Killed any hope for a sequel.

Godzilla: Save the Earth-- Don't care what anyone says. . . I grew up on those movies & I love this game. Pissed me off when the one came out afterward with even MORE monsters was a Wii exclusive.

DMC4- I like this one the most for the controls. I tried playing the earlier ones. . . but I've been spoiled by how with DMC4 Dante you can switch between the different weapons & fighting styles so seamlessly. SO many more possibilities.

Soul Calibur series.

Legacy of Kain series-- One of my favorite plots ever. R.I.P. Tony Jay.

DMC, Blood is awesome, Bayonetta, Metro 2033, Stalker, Hellgate London, Bioshock 2, Odin Sphere

and Demon's Souls, can't forget Demon's Souls

Ninja Gaiden 1 (NES)

FF6 (SNES)

Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (PS2)

Assassin's Creed (XBox)