Varius Giovanni x RangerKay

"That is great to hear...perhaps sometime I can try something you cook...I'm sure with all that gardening you do you must be a fantastic cook as well..." he said. "But then again I have horrible habit of making assumptions...so my bad If I did...I really don't mean to..."

He moved a hand, blindly, and found her leg again, placing his hand gently against it.

"You came back from the brink of death...and as much as I enjoy your company at my bedside I think you deserve a good rest as well..wherever you s-see fit..."

His hand slid off her leg as he dozed off...his body deciding that now was the time to rest and sleep.

Rika chuckled as he dozed off. Standing, she made her way back to her own cot, yawning into her hand. She curled under the blanket, her fingers brushing along the basket of carrots. Soon she dozed off, falling into a restful sleep.

The teenager did not know just how exausted he was until he woke up the next morning. He did not know what time he had fallen asleep, but it had to have been some time after lunch. The boy was pretty sure he had slept through Dinner because now his belly was growling rather loudly for breakfast. Lysander groaned as he rolled onto his back and slowly sat up, leaning against the head board of the bed. He covered his mouth with his hand as a big yawn erupted from his lips. He looked around the room, squinting a bit against the morning light as the teenager peered around room, wondering if Rika had gone somewhere. Or was just covered in blankets, still fast asleep on her cot nearby.

Rika coughed lightly, inhaling a part of a comforter. Brushing it out of her face, she groaned, wishing she could stay under the pile of blankets for a little longer. Her muscles had grown tense and sore, a side effect of the poison and trying to do too much after it.

From near her cot, Lysander heard a soft, muffled cough. He smiled softly was he knew she was still in the room, and awake. It was Monday morning... the day classes would start for the young mage. With the barrier up, everyone would be safe wondering about the castle going to and from the classes. He knew that there was a slight chance Rika might not have to go today either. But he doubted it...with his luck she would have the unpleasant experience of peeling herself from her covers and cot to go to class. There was a knock on the door and a familiar face came into the the room. It was Alistair, and he looked happier than anyone humanly should at this time of the day. His hair was a bit messy, as was his clothes hastily put on but he wore a smile the life mage had never seen before.

"Good Morning Lysander, Rika...I have something for both of you. Medicene...isn't that wonderful? It will help you be up and ready for the day and help what ails you! But as for you Lysander, your staying here. Rika...how are you feeling this mornin...?" he asked as he went over to his supplies and prepared a needle full of liquids for the dark haired mage and a suppliment for Rika. He turned back towards them then looked back at Rika, waiting for her response.

Rika heard the mage enter, poking her head out from beneath the covers to squint at him. Her hair was a mess and her green eyes seemed to have less life in them than normal. She watched in annoyance as Alistair happily went about the room. She was suspicious about why the mage would be so cheerful right away. She chalked it up to either positive romance situation or a joy in administering pain. "Mornin'..." She said groggily. She looked at the needle warily, cocking an eyebrow at it. As Alistair got out the supplement, she dismissed the thought of the needle being for her.

Alistair looked over to see a bed head ridden Rika, poking her face out from underneath her covers. He knew that it was rather early for antics such as these but he was in the best mood possible today. After he had went after Lydia last night, making sure she was okay, he was finally confronted with the feelings that poured from the lady's lips. It was the first time she had confessed to him how she felt and he was glad she did. For years he had also had a certain affection for the woman but couldn't quite place it till his experience with her last night. Clearing his throat at the thought, he walked over to Lysander and sat down next to him on the bed.

Absentmindedly he grasped his hand pulled him a bit closer. He pulled back Lysander's sleeve a bit and stuck the needle more rough that he had intended into his arm. The teenager winced audibly and grumbled at the mage fr sticking his so roughly with the needle. He injected the liquid into his veins before standing and taking care of the needle safely. Quickly, Alistair fetched the glass of water and bottle of supplements that would take care of any muscle ache, pain, or tenseness. At the very least providing her with some relief. Going over to her bedside he looked down at her, noting that her eyes seemed a bit lifeless as he spoke.

"It's your turn Rika...you need to take two of these right now....How are you feeling anyways? Classes start an hour from now...feel prepared to go?"

Rika looked at the pills with no interest. "Okay I guess..." Rika grumbled. She sat up, wrapping the blankets over her shoulders. She cleared her throat before reaching out to grasp the glass and swallow the pills. Then she rubbed her eyes. She had experienced a few bad dreams late in the evening, feeling as if someone was plotting her demise. "I lied...I don't feel well..." Rika plopped back onto the bed, closing her eyes and grumbling into the pillow.

He sighed and nodded, taking the bottle of suppliments and glass of water from her. Alistair returned them to the counter on the side of the room, looking over at Rika once again.

"Okay...I will speak to your teachers about getting any work sent here. I can get you excused for a day or two more Rika but I've afraid anything beyond that isn't in my power...get some rest. I will be back later with lunch for you two."

The doctor slipped out and shut the door behind him. Lysander growled to himself about the shot as he laid back down. He could feel his heart beat slowly regulating out again, but he still felt like a bus hand hit him and drained him of all his energy. With a sigh, he rolled onto his side, biting his lip out of habit.

Rika crawled back under the covers, covering her head with the pillow. Tears silently dripped down her face. She felt useless, weak, scared...things that back home she never felt. She also felt....alone. I mean, yes, she was surrounded by people at the school but she felt as if it wasn't enough. Her muscles ached and burned, and she pondered the fact that her parents had not cared that Kiren was coming to kill her. They only saw her now as an enemy that needed to be eliminated. Now that she had felt love, it seemed as if her previous life was lackluster. She now knew that she had missed out on so many things in her childhood...the thought depressed her more than she thought possible.

Lysander seemed unsure as he looked over at the woman who had buried herself back into her blankets. Something, besides the obvious, seemed off about her. He spoke at about half the volume he normally spoke at.

"Hey...how did you sleep...? What's the matter?" he asked, smiling softly.

"I'm fine." Rika said, rubbing her eyes and swallowing hard.

"T-That isn't what I asked..." he said as he sat up again, a look of concern on his face. The man slowly and sure, for the first time in about two days, moved his feet over the side of his bed. Lysander got to his feet, shakily and walked towards her. Just feeling like every step was torture...exausting. Finally he sat down on the side of her Cot, looking down at the figure hiding beneath her sheets. "I don't believe you...a-are you still in that much pain? I can go find him...or..is it something else...? You can talk to me Rika..."

His voice was gentle and reassuring though laced with concern. Besides his own family, the teenaged boy had never felt this worried for someone before.

Rika poked her tear-streaked face from out of the blankets. "My p-parents didn't care...they didn't care that Kiren was going to come kill me...." She sniffled, looking up at him. "They never loved me....and Lydia...when Lydia..." She chocked, sobbing as she couldn't bring herself to continue the sentence. "I just hurt..." She brought the blanket back up to her face, curling into a ball. "I'm sorry...go back to bed."

"As much as your parents work to destroy the only way of life I have ever know...I won't speak Ill of them. But it is their fault they chose not to love their only child...a shame...but whatever is done is done and if they don't care...then it isn't worth it to beat yourself up over it...Lydia...my aunt..she has a kind heart and not enough people to share it with...people outside her family that is...I know it hurts...just don't shut people out Rika...I understand giving you your space but if you need to talk...talk. Or else your just going to allow yourself to hurt...let Lydia and this place show you that you don't have to be tied by blood to be family..." he said as he smiled softly and placed a hand where her thigh would be hidden undeneath the blanket. "Just enjoy yourself here...you don't have to think about any of that...or go back to it..."

Rika's head popped back out of the covers and she sniffled, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I'm s-sorry" She stuttered out, wanting nothing more than to hug and be held by Lysander. She blinked, trying to ignore the thought and instead wrapping her fingers tighter around the blanket in her hands. Her eyes looked at his chest before looking down at the blanket. "Y-you should be in your cot..."

Right now she didn't matter, only he did.

Once he saw her tears, her head leaving the covering of her blanket, he smiled sadly at her. Wanting so despratly to not have to see her cry. Lysander shook his head stubbornly at her comment of being in his own cot then reached out and lifted her chin gently with a shaking hand.

"I should be where I need to be...and where I need to be right now is with you. If I go back and lay down right now I am going to kick myself for not helping you...I am fine..."

He then let her chin go and leaned pulling her a bit closer as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"You don't need to cry Rika...Tears stain and you have far to pretty of a face for that..."

Rika sniffled, curling into him. "You're still so ill though..." She tucked her arms to her chest and scooted closer until she was curled up in his arms. "I....I never had a true family...did not know what it was until I arrived here...and my magic, it feels so wonderous." She nestled her head against him, closing her eyes slowly. "You need to rest..."

Once she was curled up next to him and in his arms, he held her against himself a but tighter.

"Don't ever forget what that feels like..." he said in a whisper to her then smiled softly. "And that is because it is...you've got lots of potiental...lots to offer both in and outside of magic..."

He felt his heart flutter as she nestled her head against his chest and closed her eyes. She said that he needed rest so he careful not to make her move much at all, laid down on one side of her cot, leaving plently of room for her. Once she laid down he would allow her to resume the posistion she was in before, pulling her comforters over them both.

"Here I won't have to leave but I can get some rest...If this is okay with you..." he says a bit louder but still softly.

Rika was much too tired to do anything but curl up nestled in his arms. "I'm much too tired to care." She nestled her head against his chest once again. "You really need to be on your own cot, but I am too tired and you are too tired to move." She frowned, tucking her arms to her chest again. Her eyes closed sleepily, her heart fluttering a million miles a minute as he held her. It felt so....right....