Variate//Wirklichkeit

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Shouldn't he be dancing to this?
YES

BECAUSE IT'S THE SOURCE MATERIAL

LIKE LITERALLY
tumblr_mn2v56tpyz1sqvibto1_400.gif

custompen.png
HE'S SINGING IN THE FUCKING RAIN

IT'S WHAT HE'S DOING

Name: Cristoph Renault
2463a14a2a03652f03c616cf65eb5593.jpg
Race: Boring old human but with the old blood in his veins

Personality: Cristoph has grown up into a bitter man who resents the way he has been used in life but sees no way out. He is impatient and reckless especially around magic. Anger comes easily to him as does annoyance and irritation. He'd prefer to be alone in his adventure but is smart enough to know meatshields are useful. He's been trained to be a leader of men since he was young and will order others about and expect those order to be followed. it is difficult to get sympathy out of him even if one is wounded or dying.

Biography: Born the fourth son of an old family on the northern peninsula there was little Cristoph could expect to inherit. His father was a minor noble whose children were there to build a stronger house in the future. His eldest would inherit their lands and the others would be his captains and guards, training a small army as a show of power. Therefore Cristoph was trained as a warrior first and slowly moved into tactic. However it was not long before he bled and the sparkle in his blood was discovered.

Unfortunately for him in the new world of the peninsula the old blood was seen as little beyond an expectation. If a person with the old blood failed any task they were seen as unbearably weak given their strength, and Cristoph's father pushed him ever harder as a result. At the age of eight he was forced to prove the strength of his blood, by first poisoning a prisoner and then executing them with his power. It was a memory he quickly repressed away for years until he was older and could handle its effect.

From that point on his life was quite boring and he did little beyond train with the sword and his blood. He was his father's chosen champion as the man purposefully insulted his foes and forced them into duels of honour. Though Cristoph was often less skilled than his foes he could shrug aside magic and a single cut was his blood coated blade was enough to weaken anyone better. His father's reputation grew considerably along with his mercenary like personal guard.

Yet one day his father was outplayed in the game of lies and was challenged to a great duel, one that was to occur inside the endless dungeon. Not wishing to lose face his father had no choice but to send Cristoph south where he would enter the dungeon and within its bowels search for his opponent to duel him. Then hopefully find his way out and return home as proof. A squire from his father's lands accompanies him though he has little patience for the boy whose fear at his doom inside the dungeon often overcomes him.

Cristoph
Stats:
Power - 2
Dexterity - 4
Agility - 3
Constitution - 2
Magic - 0
Health - 2

Astere, his squire
Stats:
Power - 2
Dexterity - 1
Agility - 2
Constitution -2
Magic - 0
Health - 1

Abilities
The Old blood – The blood of the Old Ones who are said to have rose from the deep and intermingled with the Northern Peninsula kingdoms. The blood is a dominating force on its own, almost controlled by its own will rather than the owners. It can be easily recognised by it's the golden flecks within that sparkle in any light.

Disliking power other than its own, it provides a high magic resistance that acts as a sort of magic health. It allows Cristoph to take a magical hit with little damage, but the blood is weakened and takes five turns to build back up to its full strength.

Disliking mortal's blood, the old blood is poisonous to anyone else. An ordinary human will be weakened (-1 to power and con) by ingesting a small amount. Further dosages will increase the penalty. Larger beings with more blood are less affected.

Disliking any opposition, the blood can be brought forth from any wound in a long limb like form that ends in a pointed tip. The tip is sharp enough to cut through normal flesh and upon doing so will break off inside the victim, poisoning them.

Did you kill at least one sentient, humanoid being?
Once.
[BCOLOR=transparent]
Character Sheet
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Nen Koetoi //the cutest shit you'll ever see[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: Unknown //old as the sea[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
A willowy figure with small, compressed frame, he stands tall at five feet and ten inches. He has a slightly athletic build. Nen has a few silts below his arms where one would assume is his gills. His hair and eyes are a glossy iridescent, however some gradients of blue or purple is present.

Race: Sireid

Personality:
Nen has a shameless quirk of being a flirt. Brought up in a purebreed family, he was taught to have class when compared to others. He lacks a nurturing side towards humans and is often self-controlling. Although he lacks loyalty, he trusts others far too quickly. He is selfish and has a taste for adventure. Nen has unstable emotions, only being able to deal with one or two at a time. He is very easily spaced out.

Biography:
Born into high status and into a well guarded family, Nen was raised on the shores of a freshwater sea. The Oleski sea and the Valhollow river are hidden from sight to humans and predatory creatures. Despite being protected by halfbreeds and a few selected elementals, Nen was able to see the world first hand. He sought for more, greedy for knowledge. The halfbreeds and water elementals would lure people to them and drown them for the fun of it, Nen would join sometimes.

The Sireids were considered to be part of an ancient royal colony. Long after a few feuds with neighboring families, the bloodline thinned out and Sireids were rare to come by. The war would continued if more Sireids were found. To escape their tragic ancestry and the war, few have branched out and created mixed breeds by traveling away from the Oleski sea. The Koetoi family kept their pride and continued to stay as the way they were. Once the species was separated, each held a unique twist. If the Sireid was raised by the cliff and the sea, they developed into a Siren. In murky waters, they became Kappas or Nymphes. The Sireids lean more towards having a human complex, they are able to shift their bodies to look like a human. Depending on where they were raised, the creatures could use their gills and their lungs to breath. Nen is able to use his lungs and gills to breath, making him able to breath air and liquids.

The young Sireid was immersed in studies as a family mentor had suggested. He is quite knowledgeable about things that revolve around the sea and space, even though he hated the subject. After a few close encounters, he has only a few friends that he can trust for a certain amount of time. Nen enjoys talking about dragons, wooing girls, and himself. However, life when he was younger would be erased from his conversations. He would conveniently leave out the fact that he was recovering from an injury that temporarily disabled him.

His mother and father died in family affairs involving him and his injury. His grandfather from his mother's side blames him directly for their death, as well as his spouse's death. Nen's paternal family raised him. He associates himself with sea animals more than anyone else. Nen decided to enter the Dungeon to gain family honor and recognition for his sea. He believes he will be able to get more attention from girls as well.

Stats
:

Power - 1
Dexterity - 2
Agility - 3
Constitution - 1
Magic - 3
Health - 3

Abilities:
Nen to be able to breath underwater and on the surface. His body is able to stand most temperatures as long as there is moisture in the air. With the help of Biokinesis, the ability to modify their bodies, he is able to shift his form when he is in water to have more fish like qualities, such as a tail. Sireids can't change their form once they are out of the water. Their skin is slightly translucent with a tint of blue, if they focus they will be able to appear very pale. Once they begin to shift, they can only use the mass that they process. However, they can add or remove mass using water as replacement. Nen can manipulate water to his advantage, from healing himself to creating thick walls of shields to drowning his enemies. Sireids are known for being able to lure people to them using songs or their voice. As a citizen of the water, he is able to communicate with sea animals. He is able to use blunt objects, his dagger, and a katzbalger.

Did you kill at least one sentient, humanoid being?
Yes.
╳【 Kyoya Atsuki || The Airheaded Witch || Tch, is that all? 】╳

[dash=salmon]Name┋[/dash]Kyoya Atsuki, can't you read? You can call me 'Kyo' if Kyoya's too hard for ya.

[dash=#f5bca9] Age ┋[/dash]18 years of age, kiddo. My birthday's comin' up soon, ya know. Presents are welcome..

[dash=#f7dfc6] Gender ┋[/dash]Female. Got them ovaries.

[dash=#f2f5a9] Race┋[/dash]Witchy witch!

[dash=#a9f5a9] Personality ┋[/dash] Kyoya Atsuki here! Nice to meet ya, how you doin'? I'm good, thanks for askin'-- Ah, yeah, I forgot. We're supposed to be doin' stuff here… Ah, yeah. Personality. I see myself to be a risk-taker, ya know? Someone who's not afraid to put it all on the line, for one goal.. typically, risk-takers are ambitious too, so.. add that to the list. What kinda risks? Well, for me, it's my trade and all, but you can read up all 'bout that later.. Anyways. More about me. Believe it or not, I'm a rather courteous person. Yeah, yeah, shut your mouth with all that gigglin' in the back. Yeah, I see ya! Shut up! Guh.. That wasn't very courteous, but on most other occasions, I am quite the lady. I'd be even more of a lady if I had more self control...remind me to work on that. Impulse control is currently resting at a nice, round 'zero'. Mm, yeah. Not too great of a deal, eh? Nah, didn't think so. Oh, yeah, we're still doin' this..okie doke. Well, I typically don't admit things like this, so you gotta be real hush-hush about it, but I'm not very...honest. Mm, yeah. I could be lyin' to your face right now, and you wouldn't even be able to tell. Silver tongue, yeah? On the flip side, I'm rather trusting..a bit too trusting, some might say. Gets me into trouble sometimes… You know what else gets me into trouble? This whole bipolar thing. Now, I'm not really bipolar per say, but I'm pretty damn close. I'm an emotional mess halfa the time..it's not pretty. Speaking of pretty, I like pretty things. Pretty things, pretty people, which makes me a bit of a flirt, a bit of a romantic. Really sucks, though, 'cause most of the time I'm not too optimistic about relationships when they do form. Paranoid all the time, you know? Remind me to work on that, too..

[dash=#a9f5d0] Appearance ┋[/dash] I'm gorgeous. Really, now. No flaws whatsoever. I'm not the tallest, really, but it'll do. I think that I'm...5'4"? Last time I checked I was. Maybe there's a spell for that...egh, I'll look later. Anyways. My hair's pretty nice, actually; turquoise at the top 'till the midway point, where it starts to fade to purple. It's usually tied up, to keep it outta my eyes, and sometimes I put flowers in it, 'cause why not? I'm tellin' ya, I got some good genes there, man. And eyes to match, can you believe it? They're the same shade of blue as the top of my head, 'cept the eyes got some brown flecks in 'em. Don't know how, my mom never had brown eyes. Speaking of my mom, I have a big long scar across my face here on my right cheek, from where she broke a window and the glass sliced my face open. Hurt real bad, wasn't too enjoyable, as you'd imagine. Yup, yup… For all of my other physical attributes, I've got myself a tattoo that says '01', 'cause of the number of kiddos that my mom has, ya know? I'm number one. The first, in a line of cool witchy people. I'm the coolest of the three, ya know.

[dash=#a9d0f5] Biography ┋[/dash] Biography..backstory...motive. I got you, I got you… Well, it's a long story. You see, I'm a witch. H-hey now, put the pitchforks down, it's alright. Witches really aren't that bad, man. 'Cept we got this whole 'blood status' thing goin' on now, which really makes my life inconvenient at times, but otherwise, we're pretty chill. There aren't gonna be any hexes flyin' around, is what I'm saying. Anyways, yeah.

So, basically, when I was born, my mom and dad were pretty nice together, I guess. That is, 'till the whole 'oh hello, my daughter is a witch' thing happened. Now, my daddy was a regular ol' human. No magic in his blood, whatsoever. Meanwhile, my mom was a full-on witch. Actually, she was a damn powerful witch, too. Real famous in the witchin' world, and all. Well, my dad didn't know that. Soon as he figured it out with his tiny little mind of his, he up and ran outta our lives. Wasn't very nice of him, was it? It wasn't.

So, my mom said to me, "You're a witch, and I'm gonna teach you how to be a damn good one." For the next five years, she taught me how to do all the basic stuff. Levitation, protective circles, you name it. When I was eight years old, though, that kinda all ended. New guy came into my mom's life, so he came into mine, too. This guy was a warlock man, and he put his manly warlock genes into my mom, and they had two kids together. Made me really uncomfortable, 'cause these two were pure blooded witches. I was a half blooded witch. Still better than any human, but I was technically lesser than my two younger sisters. Now, let me just add; my mother loved me dearly. But, warlock man did not. Loved his two, didn't love the third. Not very fair, is it? Not really.

So he declared, "I'm the man of the house now, so we're gonna do what I say. This halfblood has got to go." At this point, I was around 12 years old, and knew how to take care of myself. I carried myself in a similar fashion as I do now, and I thought I was alright. But what this guy was suggesting was to throw a 12 year old out into the cold, because her daddy was some non-magical guy. If he were an elf or something, I'd have been allowed to stay. But nooo, we gotta kick her out instead. Did I mention that I really couldn't stand this guy?

Basically, I've been kicked out, left to fend for myself, because my mom wasn't able to stop this jerk of a guy from kicking me out. All I've got on me is a satchel full of clothes, a few things of bread, and a wimpy little wandaroo, because I wasn't that great with my hands yet. They dropped me off in some nowhere village, where there were probably about thirty people living, and told me to, basically; Get a new family. But, that wasn't gonna really sit with 12 year old me. I was a vengeful little kid. Still am, actually. So I said, "To hell with that! I'm gonna show that no-good-classist-warlock-jerk-face that I'm better than those two could ever be, no matter the blood they have inside of 'em!" And so, I set out to make myself the most famous, most powerful, most important witch, in all of history. How did I do that, you ask? I reply, "With parlor tricks."

The little nowhere village, you see, didn't know all that much 'bout magic. What does that mean? Anyone? No-one? Alright, I'll tell ya. It meant that I could just make a few sparks, light a fire, lift an apple, and I could blow their minds. Not literally, though I do have a spell for that. Just kidding. So, long story short; I could perform the most remedial of magic, and they would practically worship me. It was very nice, 'till I had to get a move on. Eventually, they started asking questions that I didn't have answers to, then they got mad. Real mad. As in, riot mad. It was only a small crowd, and I'm pretty speedy, so I got out of there easy enough. But it gave me a message; Get tired of them and move on before they get tired of you and, well, try to spear you and then burn you alive.

As I got older, I kept hopping from town to town, picking up tricks and tips and giving them out, too. Right now, I'm staying in one of the bigger cities in the entire nation, man. I'm living life as it should be lived. 'Cept, it's not really that great. You see, it gets boring for me. It got boring around year two, actually. Been doing this for seven years...you see what I mean? Very boring. So, what did I wanna do? Well, obviously enough, I'm in a big city. Big cities equal rumors. Walkin' around one night, tryna find a place to stay for the night, and I overhear a conversation 'bout this maze thing. 'Parrently, nobody's ever survived it. You know what the first thought I had was? 'That would get me famous real quick.' So, here I am. Cool story, right? I should write a book...

[dash=#a9a9f5] Abilities ┋[/dash]
So I heard that I have to actually name all my abilities and all, and then give a description. Guess my quick overview was a bit too quick for you all...fine. I'll organize them from least to most powerful, for you simple-minded folks out there.

Blinding Lights

Seems pretty self explanitory, but I'll explain anyways. Basically, I manifest a few bright lights and they fly straight into the opponents eyes. Or, they can serve as a distraction, or as a light source. Whatever I need 'em for. They only last for a few minutes, though.

Reflective Shield

Blocks me and the party behind or next to me from physical objects coming at us. Say a rock was flying towards my head. Use this, and it bounces right off, back into the troll who threw it's face.

Black Shadow

Here's a fun fact; I typically work with light magic, and electric magic. That kind of stuff. Now, if I can produce light, what else do you think I can do? If you said "Take it away," you're correct. With this move, it shrouds the entire area in darkness. Now, your opponent can't see in front of them; only downside is, you can't either. So.. Yeah.

Witch's Curse

Just what it sounds like. One of my few hexes that I know, it causes a stat of my choice to go down gradually. It can't go down into the negatives, and I can't even figure out what their stats are, so this move is pretty hit-or-miss. A good move, nonetheless! Only lasts for about five turns, though. Like poison, or something.

Firework Show

Similar to Blinding Lights, except this one deals out some pretty decent damage. Not only do the lights cause disorientation, but they're sparks, too. Which means, electricity. So. Poppity pop, there they go.

Shattered Mirror

Sharp, pinprickity sparks of electricity are showered all over the opponent of my choice. Hurts like a bi--glass. Hurts like glass.

Deadly Shot

And my final blow that really drains everything I've got out of me. I'm a pretty good shot, right? Well, I think so. With this move, I can create a deadly line of electricity, sort of like a sniper shot. I can release it whenever I want, but it takes away one point of my health, and a good majority of my energy. So this move is more "last resort" than "first blow."

[dash=#e2a9f3] Statistics┋[/dash]

Power
▬▬▬
Dexterity
▬▬
Agility
▬▬
Constitution

Magic
▬▬▬
Health
▬▬

[dash=#ff85de] Did you kill at least one sentient, humanoid being?┋[/dash]Here or there, maybe once or twice... I'm not saying anything definite, eheh. [/hr][/hr]​

[/hr]
CREATIVITY IS A MYTH.

PLEASE EXCUSE ME AND MY SARCASM AS I GO TO COMBAT SLEEP DEPRIVATION.

YES

BECAUSE IT'S THE SOURCE MATERIAL

LIKE LITERALLY
tumblr_mn2v56tpyz1sqvibto1_400.gif

custompen.png
HE'S SINGING IN THE FUCKING RAIN

IT'S WHAT HE'S DOING
yeh

that was my intention

Just returned home. Raining ALL day!
Now I've got a sheet to finish!

Alright, after having played Final Fantasy 14 Heavensward far too long (Well, actually no, I wanted to play it all weekend without sleeping ;w;) and forcing myself to sleep so I could be more awake to do RP stuff...I will now do all dem RP stuff. Expect a IC soonish. Unless it takes more time than I thought it will be, cuz then I gotta take a break for the sake of shopping (shops are closed on sunday in germany)

Also some mandatory doubleposts, maybe, gosh that putting a new post on your old one looked like a nifty edit was the only thing I miss from roleplayerguild >_>

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: PandaChu
Alright.

I did some mechanics and stuff and put em into the first post. For you lazy fucks here is the link.
I might have named people different and stuff, this is solely for me and the sake of remembering them easier. As this isn't even something you need to look at. You see, I suck at remembering names <3
Tsu, Terra and Kal speak to me in Skype about some stuff. Once I have time >_>

Speaking of remembering names, that guy who made the sandrat. Yeah, you. You put 14 stats instead of 13 in. Which is okay because you most likely thought that 1 Health was gifted to you, but thing is. It simply means you have 1 health point at a health stat of 0, and 2 health points at a health stat of 1 and so on. So please change that.

I accepted other sheets and stuff too. I think I haven't said anything anymore about Random and Tsu's sheet, but I did accept them. If you want to hear my dumb talk about those two regardless, just say so and I make it official here @@

Now I am just waiting for 2 other people, giving them a bit more time. Getting the IC up nonetheless. Also there is a third person who send me her sheet in private, I didn't have time to look at it yet and neither did she write anything in this ooc yet, but it exists.

So except for those 3 people (Ice, QueenPepsi and @Heyitsjiwon) the RP is now closed.

If I haven't accepted someone else yet and you don't know why, tell me and link me your sheet here please.

Now I will shall go shopping and once I return I get onto the IC. Don't expect anything glorious thou.

IC here

Hah. That took shorter than expected solely because I had most of that opening post already *whistle*. And no, this is not my character, she is just som scrub amongst a whole lot. Like you. For now, you won't even wake up inside the Dungeon. That comes in my second post (which is also to see how many people are really with me now so that I might or not split the group, such plan!). You don't need to be together either before the entering. Why? Because Magic.

For the post itself, each one of you will have the same experience regardless of when and with which group you enter. (Inb4 everyone and their mother enters with the Teann'Chi people). You will all hear the same question asked. And you can all answer, not with stars, like I did (which I can because I am the GM.), but with real words. Also include if you lied or not into that answer (LOOKING AT YOU @Kitt) because liars deserve to be punished <3.

Also I said it twice and I say it a third time now, while I said there is overall peace it, it was more meant in a world-peacing fashion, conflict is totally human here and there.

As in, we all get executed, a la Skyrim, or we just have a nap in space?
A nap in space. The "execution" was in regards to the misfits of the Teann'chi society, who entered along their glorious conquistadors who, unlike those misfits, venture into the dungeon for the sake of glory and stuff.

Wait, so was that first post like... an example post?

I get we all black out, answer the voice's question, then get put into Limboville until we're put together in the dungeon again.

But do we all arrive at the dungeon in our own separate ways relating to our backstories? Or do we have to follow suit/relate to that post somehow...? guid me plz senpy i dunt wanna fuk up

• Love
Reactions: a touch of dread
Wait, so was that first post like... an example post? I get we all black out, answer the voice's question, then get put into Limboville until we're put together in the dungeon again. But do we all arrive at the dungeon in our own separate ways relating to our backstories?
You can do that if you like. It wasn't really an example post (well it was) and more of a thing of text being there instead of just going the 'countless people arrived and got teleported into the dungeon yadda yadda'

Just putting that out there because there seems some confusion, there is only one entrance, that field of swag, described in my post, as the entrance.

Also making tons of double posts is sooo bad >_>

I will rewrite my post in the morning. But now I am tired.

My sincerest regards to Zephyr. He will not go to space today.

Also include if you lied or not into that answer (LOOKING AT YOU @Kitt) because liars deserve to be punished <3.
Hey, hey! I didn't say anything definite, so it's not lying~~

I promise that Kyoya will be good from now ooooon~

It is 2:32 AM.

However, it is still the morning regardless, so I've done my edits.

Also, you two, calm down, please. At least get your characters to meet first so you can take it out on each other in the IC.

Also, you two, calm down, please. At least get your characters to meet first so you can take it out on each other in the IC.
Lover's quarrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.