Vampire bonding

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
She was silent for a moment before saying, "I'm sorry for asking you." She said, looking at him.

"It is fine. I haven't told anyone before, and it feels sort of good to finally have someone to share the burden with." Will smiles apologetically, but it left as soon as it came. He wouldn't admit it, but talking about his turning had made him feel bad inside.

She grunted, not very convinced but went to her movies and started rattling off a few and describing to him what they were about.

He nodded, and said, "That one sounds acceptable." He hadn't really been paying attention, but didn't want to seem like he wasn't focusing on her.

She stood up with the movie and popped it in. She didn't start it right away though, in the mood for popcorn. She put a bag in the microwave and soon the sound and smell of popcorn could be heard. Once it was done she put it in a bowl and went to the living room to start the movie. As the movie played, a thought occured to her. "Do you think you could show me something that you used to do in your time?" She wondered quietly.

He sat on the couch, the smell of popcorn soon filling the house. He didn't much care for popcorn, but wasn't going to tell Lena that. As the movie started, he was settling back into the cushions of the couch, starting when she spoke. He politely listened to her, then smiled, remembering all the things he used to do, before he was changed. "Of course, what would you like to see?"

"Perhaps some ballroom dancing? Since I've showed you our time dancing maybe I could try yours?" She gave him a smile, not really paying too much attention to the movie.

He returned the smile, and said, "That would be nice." Will remembered the months of practice it took, his teacher shouting at him whenever he did something wrong. He was never inherently good at the art, and it took longer than normal to get the motions straight.

"I have never ballroom danced before." She admitted, blushing a little. She turned her head towards the TV in a lame hope to hide her blush.

"It is a little complicated at first," Will said, "but after a while, it seems natural, as if you've been doing it your whole life." He gave her a weak smile, hoping he still remembered the steps for a basic box move.

"Do you think you could teach me?" She asked suddenly, turning off the movie that neither of them were really watching.

"Of course." Will said warmly, glad to have someone interested in his life. Humans called them friends. He smiled a little, not noticing when she turned the movie off.

"Could we try some now?" She asked, setting down the almost empty bowl of popcorn. "I'm afraid I don't have any classical music though."

"That's fine," Will said, taking her hand and helping her stand up. "It's normally easier to start without music anyways."

She took his and had to look up at him, since he was a head taller then her, and waited patiently for instructions.

Still holding her hand, he held it out to the side, his other hand resting on the small of her back. "Place your free hand on my shoulder." He directed, smiling a little.

She did as he instructed and waited for more, returning the smile. "I'll apologize now if I step on your feet." She said, her tone playful.

He laughed. "I will teach you a basic move called the box. It is exactly how it sounds. You move mirrored to me. When I step forward with my left foot," he demonstrated, "you step back with your left. I step with my right, you step back with your right, then you step forwards. The whole time, however, we are slowly moving in a circle. Understand?"

She took a moment to picture what he said in her mind, and when she thought she had it, she nodded. "I think I understand. I'm ready." She said, taking a deep breath and slowly exhaling.

"Alright." Will said, nodding approvingly. "Let's start, then. I won't make you try the spinning quite yet. One," he stepped forwards with his left foot, "Two," the right foot, "Three," he stepped back with his left, "Four," his right went back.