Vacation: Zodiac Style

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The animal clinic was fairly quiet, Uo noticed as she walked inside and approached the counter. She spoke with the woman behind the desk and placed Hiroki in her arms after discussing for a few minutes. Uo sighed, walking back over to Kyo and began browsing a rack of kitten toys. "I asked her to give Hiroki all his shots and to do a check-up."

Even though this would cost a great deal of money, Uo wanted to make sure her kitten was healthy and taken care of. She knew the amount of money in her wallet and began to nibble at her bottom lip nervously. "I hope there's enough left over for something he'd like?" Uo accidentally thought aloud.

Kyo was surprised at all the things that were in the clinic, but when Uo said that she asked the vet to give the kitten shots, he was surprised. Then she said that she hoped she had enough money to get something for the kitten to play with. Kyo looked at her and then at the rack of toys. It was weird, seeing Uo like this. She was being...nice.

He held out his hand to her, "Pick something out, already. I don't have a lot of money, but just pick out something nice." He said without looking at her. Instead, he stared at the picture of the puppies that hung on the wall to the side of them.​

"I don't need your generosity, Kyo-Kyo." Uo refused to accept his offer. She looked at the rack of toys and selected a toy ball filled with kitten treats inside. A toy and snack, it worked in two regards. When Hiroki was done with his shots, the poor kitten looked exhausted and basically collapsed into Uo's arms. She held him snugly, setting the toy onto the counter.

"Oi, Orange-top, grab my wallet would you?" Her hands were full with Hiroki and her wallet was in the back of her pants. "Just grab it already." She commanded, her brows furrowing.

Kyo growled at her answer about the toy. "I was just trying to help." He stated.

Hikori was brought back out, and looked exhausted. Kyo tilted his head, wondering what they do back there, and at the sight of the kitten, he expected it to be terrible. Uo put the toy on the counter and demanded for Kyo to grab her wallet. "What!? I am not grabbing your wallet!" He protested, only to be told to do it again. He growled and reached into her back pocket, grabbing the wallet. "Here!" He said, throwing it onto the counter and walking away.​

Uo paid for the treatment and toy in combination, at the end of it, she walked away with a little less than ten dollars in her wallet. Knowing that Hiroki would be healthy, though, was enough to keep Uo from becoming angry or depressed at the cost. Seeing as how Kyo had stormed off, yet again, she was forced to go cashing after him. She finally saw him up ahead and reached out a hand to grab his shoulder, nearly falling into him in the process.

"Orange-top!" She shouted angrily, feeling Hiroki tense within her pocket. "What is your problem?"

"Nothing...sorry." He said.

He wasn't really sure what was wrong... he was trying to be nice, but he guessed that it was a skill that he still had to work on. "Do you want to look at another store?" He asked. His stomach suddenly growled, as dinner time was rolling around. He suspected that the others were back at the hotel, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to go back just yet.

((Sorry for not answering for a while; first day of the semester in college was today, so I was busy))​

Up checked the time on her cell phone. The prehistoric model barely able to even turn itself own with the weakened battery. "I think we should start heading back," Uo announced after finally discovering the time. "It's nearly five and I don't want to get caught out in the dark." From hidden within her pocket, Hiroki mewled playfully, his paw sneaking out and gently padded Kyo's hand.

"I think he wants to play with you, Kyo-Kyo~" Uo lifted the kitten from her pocket and gently set it onto Kyo's shoulder. She grinned happily, "Aww. How cute. You're like brothers!"

Kyo looked at the ground to see that the shadows had grown longer, signaling early evening. Uo mentioned that they should head back and he nodded, "Yeah. I'm starving." He said, patting his stomach.

When Hikori mewed and Uo picked up the kitten and placed it on his shoulder, the kitten immedietly started to purr. Kyo reached up and patted the kitten on the head. Sure, it was annoying to always have cats come to him, but he had to admit--this one did look like him. "C'mon." He said and started back towards the hotel.​

Uo smiled, taking back her kitten and held it lovingly in her arms as they started walking back to the hotel. "I know Tohru will love having a kitten around." Although, Yuki might be less than enthusiastic with the situation. "She adores cats, always has too." Uo walked alongside Kyo, but suddenly found herself squished against his shoulder when the street became crowded with people.

"Sorry," she apologized, squeezing past some people and finally regained her personal space once again.

Kyo nodded at the comment about Tohru loving the kitten, "I know. She always talks about how she loves cats." If I could I would quit being the dog and be the cat! That's what she had told him. He smiled a little, but then felt someone up against his shoulder. He looked to see Uo was squished up against him. He suddenly got a little nervous. He worried that she would get pushed into him more causing him to change. When she was able to regain her own space, she apologize. "You don't have to say sorry. It's not your fault. It's all these damn people." He said, looking around.​

Kyo's uncouth comment earned the pair a few disgruntled remarks, but Uo merely shrugged them off without being bothered. After all, she's heard worse. When they finally came within sight of the hotel, Uo smiled and gently placed Hiroki back into her pocket. A few steps outside of the parking lot and Uo found herself growing increasingly nervous. Something wasn't right with the situation. She just knew it, had a feeling and couldn't let it go.

Up ahead was a group of teenagers, about the same as Uo and Kyo. They wore chains and had gang symbols painted on their jackets. Uo knew this gang well. They had originally been involved in a turf war with her own gang back in the day, the Yankees. She immediately tried to divert their direction, tugging on Kyo's hand and hoping he wouldn't make a scene.

As they neared the hotel, Kyo's stomach started to growl. He was getting excited to eat. Today didn't turn out bad, he thought to himself, No changing, no fights, and especially no Yuki. He even at to admit that spending time with Uo wasn't so bad either. He did have to wonder how Shigure and Tohru were doing. As they neared the hotel even more, Uo had stopped. He felt her tug at his hands, "What are you doing?" He asked, but could tell that she was nervous about something.

He went along with her. "What's the matter?"​

"Just shut up, idiot." Uo hissed through clenched teethed. They had almost made it through the parking lot with no trouble, but unfortunately someone recognized the blond woman and approached the couple with the whole group following behind. Uo immediately tensed, knowing this was not going to be pleasant. She tightened her grip on Kyo's hand, a nervous reaction without thinking. Uo turned, finding the group's leader, a woman named Miko, coming forward.

"Arisa Uotani," she smirked smugly, hands at her hips. "I heard the gang dropped you as their leader when you became soft!"

Uo frowned, narrowing her eyes. The memory of that terrible night resurfacing. It was that night when she was saved by Kyoko Honda and was welcomed into Tohru's life. "I choose to give up that life, Miko."

Kyo rolled his eyes when she told him to shut up. They were taking a weird route to get to the hotel, but he just assumed it was a girl thing to do weird things like this. It wasn't until he noticed she was looking over a group of people. He felt her tense and she squeezed his hand harder, making him flinch. He looked down at her and then back up when he heard a voice sound out.

He narrowed his eyes at the exchange between the two girls. It was then that he remembered the story of how Kyoko saved Uo. He could tell that Uo wanted to be somewhere else, and that made him start to feel protective of her, "What is this?" He said, stepping forward a little. If a fight did arise, he knew that he could hold his own. They weren't like Yuki, and if he could beat Hatsu Haru, then he was sure he could take on this girl, Miko.​

Uo reluctantly stepped forward even more so when Kyo became involved in the situation. He honestly shouldn't have. Unlike Uo, he doesn't belong in this discussion. At least, it's not a fight...yet. Kyo's presence only fueled Miko's callous attitude.

"You have a bodyguard now, Uo?" She taunted, a few girls behind her twirling steel chains off their hips. "Have you gotten so weak since you welcomed that brunette haired brat into your life?"

That struck a nerve. Insults are often ineffective on Uo, but no-one offends Tohru's good name and gets away without a fight. "Shut your mouth, Miko!" Uo charged ahead, leaving Kyo behind and had already raised an arm to deliver a fearsome punch....when suddenly, another girl sneaked behind Uo and tied the blond's hands together with the chain.

Kyo growled a little under his breath at the remark the opposing woman gave. He was about to say something about Uo not needing a bodyguard when the woman herself charged the other women. She was ready to land a blow on the woman, Miko, when suddenly chains went around Uo's hands.

"Hey!" Kyo said, "Let her go!" He charged the other woman, and landed a blow on the woman. He knew that he shouldn't have hit a girl, but he didn't know what these girls would've done to Uo. He stood in a defense stance. He had to be careful now. Not only for the cops and a good fight...but if any of these girls were to wrap their arms around him...​

(( Reply? ))​

(So sorry for my absence. It wasn't my intention to disappear!)

Kyo got himself involved, exactly what Uo had wanted to avoid from happening. She knew he was more than capable of protecting himself, but he shouldn't have tried to protect her. Witnessing his display of action, the gang came closer and reached out their arms, latching onto Kyo's forearms. Uo immediately responded, shoving the two that attacked Kyo away and breaking their grip.

"Leave us alone!" The former Yankee demanded. Uo suddenly felt a weight drop onto her shoulders. Unable to respond in time, Uo was pulled back by her shoulders and collided with the ground as Miko proceeded to take this opportunity and begin beating her with a series of punches and kicks.

((It's okay ^^))

Kyo felt arms wrap around his. His eyes widened but before they could fully "hug" him, Uo had pushed them away. Finally free, he whipped around to see the two woman looking at him. They were about to try to latch on again, but something caught their eyes. They looked over to see that Uo was now on the ground and Miko was punching her. Kyo growled, "What the hell is wrong with you!" He had to do something, but if he anything were to happen.

"A to hell with it!" He said and ran up, tackling the woman off Uo. He closed his eyes. A loud poof noise could be heard, and orange mist rose from where they landed. Kyo instantly tried to get away, but could feel the weight of his clothing on him. "Shit...shit, I'm such an idiot!" He said to himself.​

Status
Not open for further replies.