Vacation: Zodiac Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
(No problem! Goodnight ^^)

"Yeah, but serves you right for walking off." Uo teased, playfully. She walked alongside Kyo and soon they returned to the group. Tohru welcomed them back with a bright smile.

"Shigure says we can check into the hotel now, isn't that exciting!?" Bless the girl, she was so anxious.

Uo nodded and dropped an arm around Tohru's shoulders, "Yeah, let's get going!"

The sudden change in her friend's attitude had Tohru confused, but she wasn't about to ruin things by questioning Uo. She just accepted it.

Shigure went up to Kyo and wrapped an arm around him as well, "I see you have returned." He said, smiling. "Let's go now!" He waved a hand into the air and started to walk outside. Yuki and Kyo grabbed their bags and Shigure's. Yuki offered to carry Tohru's bags as well; although, the girl seemed insistent on carrying her own, the man wouldn't think of it and grabbed it.

They started to walk out onto the street, which was busier than normal. Shigure started to call for a cab, which he was utterly terrible at since he hadn't had to do it at home. Kyo looked at him sideways, "Can't you drive?"

Shigure smiled and tapped his pointer finger together, "I would rather not have the worry of missing out on such wonderful scenery because I had to drive."

Kyo sighed and put his bag on the ground. He put a hand out to try to get a cab.​

Thankfully a cab halted at Kyo's hand and everyone was able to get inside, although the space was kinda cramped. Tohru sat squished next to Uo, saving the cousins the potential danger of transforming. The driver asked for directions and Shigure answered him very quickly, the cab not exactly very comfortable for three tall men, one short girl and another taller female.

The cab drove off, somehow managing to hit every single red light.

This is going to take forever, Uo groaned silently in her own thoughts.

When the cab finally did park at the hotel, more like a mansion in Tohru and Uo's eyes, everyone got out quickly.

When the cab finally came, Kyo helped put the luggage in the trunk and then piled in. He was stuck between Yuki and Shigure, which was good. Every time the cab stopped at a red light, he kept worrying about bumps. What if they hit a bump, and one of the girls fell on top of one of them? He knew that that wasn't really possible, but it was still going through his mind.

He noticed that the cab ride there was quiet except the radio that was droning on in the background. He looked out the window until they finally came to as stop in front of a large building. They exited the cab and gathered their luggage. Yuki looked up at the building, "This place looks wonderful." He said with a smile, "What do you think, Miss Honda?" He asked, looking at the young woman. She gave him a sweet smile and tilted her head, "Oh, it's lovely!"

"Yeah, the place is pretty cool." Kyo stated. Shigure headed towards the door, "Yes, yes. The place is wonderful! Let's get checked in!"​

Uo followed the others from behind, allowing them to go inside first. Her eyes surveyed the massive hotel in complete amazement, she'd never seen something so beautiful before in her life. Tohru seemed to notice, bouncing backwards on her feet and wrapped an arm around Uo's. "Are you excited?"

Uo smiled, hugging Tohru closer, "Yeah. I am, Tohru."

Inside the building, Shigure checked in and everyone was showed to their rooms. Shigure had his own, Yuki and Kyo were sharing and same with the girls.

"What!?" Kyo yelled. He and Yuki stood in the doorway of the room. "What's the matter, cat?" Yuki said, smirking. Kyo went into the room and turned towards Yuki, "There is no way that I am sharing a room with you!" He pointed a finger.

Yuki shook his head and put his hand on his forehead, "You're voice is so annoying." Kyo's anger almost sky rocketed, when a knock at the door made it come down. Shigure walked in with some more bags, "I cannot leave you two alone for five minutes before you're at each other's throats. This is supposed to be a nice vacation." He said, putting the bags down.

"There is no way I am staying in the same room as that damn rat!"

Yuki seconded that notion with, "I am not staying in this wonderful room was a stupid cat." They glared daggers into each other's eyes.

Shigure laughed, "I am going to the beach now. Behave yourselves." And with that, he left. Yuki sighed and grabbed his bags. He opened them and grabbed some swimming trunks, "I think I will go the beach as well. Don't mess up the room while I am gone, cat." Kyo was about to get angry again, when he remembered what him and Uo had talked about. This was for Tohru. He sighed and went into the bathroom.​

"I hope the boys will be alright together," Tohru whined cutely, hands held together nervously. At her side was Uo, but the blond didn't seem that interested in the bickering cousins. The former Yankee just sighed and unpacked a few of her items, only stopping when Tohru began pacing in a circle. Uo finally surrendered to Tohru's concerns and dropped hand onto the younger girl's shoulder, stroking it gently.

"Stop worrying so much, Tohru." Uo insisted, stepping away and went to grab her black trench-coat, the one she inherited from Kyoko. "I'm gonna go for a walk, you want to join?"

Tohru declined, "I'm going to the beach with Shigure and Yuki."

Although slightly disappointed, Uo didn't let it show. She just smiled and walked Tohru out of the room and watched as her friend joined Yuki and Shigure. Uo waved them off, turning as she heard footsteps approaching. "Oi, Orange-top!" She immediately walked over to him, "Want to go for a walk? Tohru and your cousins went to the beach."

"A walk huh? I guess I could do for one." He said. He need some fresh air, "Plus it will give me some time away from those two." He said, meaning Shigure and Yuki. "Any place in particular or are we just going to walk around in circles?" He asked, his hand in his pockets. He walked nonchalantly towards the entrance of the hotel. This vacation was proving to be stressful already...especially with Yuki always ticking him off. Just being in the same room as him made Kyo want to pound his face in!​

Uo shrugged, mimicking Kyo's posture (hands in her pockets) and walked alongside him. "I looked up in the Okinawa guidebook while we were in flight and there's a lot of little shops around the hotel we could look at?" Honestly, Uo didn't care where she and Kyo went, so long as it was somewhere new and exciting. The beach had sounded like fun, but Uo's secret would have been exposed. Her inability to swim has caused Uo to grow a hatred of the water, although she loves it more than anything else in the world.

All thanks to her alcoholic father almost letting her drown in the bathtub once when she was baby, Uo has never gotten over that incident and continues to be petrified of the water. People glanced at the pair curiously, surprised to see someone with Kyo's hair color and confused at the gang associated coat that Uo wore so proudly. However, no one said anything, although the stares were uncomfortably enough.

Kyo nodded at the idea of checking out little shops. He shrugged, "Sure." It's not like he had anything better to do. He didn't like the water all that much, but that was a given considering he was the cursed cat. The day was really warm as well, so it was a nice walk.

As they walked down the street, Kyo could feel condescending stares directed at them. In his pockets, his hands clenched into fists and his hunched over as he walked, obviously growing angry of the stares that bore into him. He wasn't stupid- he knew what they were looking; his hair. Him in general. Always the judging eyes that lied upon him; never ones that really saw him for himself. Well, except for Tohru. Ever since Tohru came into his life, things had been better. But it was obvious that-even though Tohru said that she would give up being the year of the dog and be a cat- she still liked Yuki better than her. Who would blame her though? Kyo was the cat. The cursed, forgotten, stupid (according to Yuki and sometimes Hatsu. Who could ever love the cat?

The stares had become too much for Kyo. He looked around for the nearest shop and pointed, "Let's go in there." He started to walk towards, obviously hurrying. It was a small gift shop that had many of the typical tourist gifts; pendents, books, cards, toys for kids, sweatshirts that said the name of the beach of something of that nature. It smelt annoyingly like candles as well.​

The assaulting scent of perfumes and lit candles was beginning to irritate Uo's nose, she raised a hand to help cover her senses. A very sensitive nose, which is why she usually wears a mask during the high pollen times of the month, is truly a curse to live with. "Why did you pull us in here?" She snapped, voice muddled from behind her hand. "This place reeks with a variety of fragrances."

Luckily the exit wasn't that far away from where they were currently standing. Uo snagged Kyo's hand and firmly dragged him through the store, finally throwing themselves outside into the backside of the shop. They appeared to be in an alley, or so Uo gathered from the trashcans and discarded boxes. "Well, at least this is better."

Suddenly she overheard the pitter patter of tiny feet approaching them. Somehow, baffling Uo, a group of small kittens had them circled. The adorable, fluffy, purring kittens began climbing up Uo's trench-coat. For the first time, Uo allowed herself to show a rather compassionate side not usually seen by others. She knelt down to the ground, not caring if the dirt of grime stained her long blue skirt.

"Aww, hello kitties~"

One of the smaller kittens, orange like Kyo's hair but with sparkling emerald eyes, jumped straight into Uo's lap. Falling backwards from the sudden off balance, Uo giggled and began petting the affectionate kitten happily.

"I-" Kyo began to defend himself when suddenly Uo took his hand and firmly drug him out the back way. They found themselves in an alley way of some sort. Kyo put his hands in his pocket, before suddenly hearing small feet approaching. Oh...great... he thought to himself. Just what he needed; cats to gather around and make things awkward. Uo seemed to take a liking to the kittens though, and even said (rather shocking to Kyo) that they were cute. One, the same color as Kyo in cat form, jumped on her lap knocking her over.

He decided it was best to play it cool, "Where did these cats come from?" He asked. He scratched the back of his head, and looked at all of them. Go away... He thought to himself. He found it annoying that cats gathered around him; but at the same time it made him not feel so lonely. "Anyways," He began. "Since you drug me out of that store, you pick the next store." He crossed his arms over his chest.

Another small kitten, this one gray, started to climb up his leg. He winced a little at the claws, but bent down and picked him up. The cat mewed and crawled onto Kyo's head, mewing and purring.​

"What a cutie~" Uo affectionately stroked the underside of the orange kitten's chin, his loud purring a positive response. Uo couldn't resist from snuggling the kitten into her arms and stood up with the feline still settled against her. The kitten had buried himself into a comfortable position, his head resting on Uo's bust.

"He's so adorable, isn't he?" Even if the kitten shared Kyo's hair color, the feline pulled the color off handsomely. She checked around his neck for a collar, but nothing was there.

"I'm gonna keep him!" Uo announced happily, walking over to Kyo and watched as the grey kitten pawed playfully for the orange fur ball in her arms. Apparently they were brothers or friends, either way they seemed happy with each other. "He takes after you, Kyo-Kyo~" She knew that nickname annoyed him. Carefully lifting the kitten into the air and holding it besides Kyo's face, Uo chuckled. "The similarities are uncanny!"

The kitten mewed and Uo brought back safely to her arms, stroking its fur lovingly. "Don't worry, sweetie, you have prettier eyes, though."

Kyo rolled his eyes at her talking to the cats like that. The gray kitten batted at his bangs. "Yeah, I guess they're cute." He said, blowing up at his bangs so the kitten had something to play with instead of clawing at his scalp. Cats always seemed to want to dig their claws into him. Kyo looked at how happy the kittens seemed to make Uo. It was a side that he hadn't seen, and he was sure others haven't seen either.

"How are you going to keep him? You can't take an animal into the hotel!" He said, loudly. The kitten on the top of his mewed and scratched at his scalp again. Almost like telling him to be quiet. Then Uo put the kitten up to his face and said that they looked alike, also using his nickname, "I thought I said to not call me that--" He was about to go on when Uo said that the kitten had prettier eyes than him. "Hey! I have pretty eyes too!" He said, a little bit to fast to really comprehend if he should say that or not.

He shut his mouth and turned away, obviously embarrassed for having said such a thing. It shouldn't matter if his eyes were pretty or not! He guess it was just a cat thing to want attention more than other cats. Oh, the joys of being the cat.

Kyo's jealousy was adorable, not to mention mildly entertaining. Deciding to prolong the lad's misery just a tad longer, Uo once again raised the cat and held it beside Kyo's face. She quirked a brow, pretending to seriously inspect the pair simultaneously. "I don't know, Orange-top..." Uo smirked, her kitten almost seeming to mock Kyo as she welcomed him back into her arms. "I think he's got the prettier eyes~"

In all truth, Kyo's crimson eyes were fairly attractive. However, Uo would never, in a million years, confess that reality to him openly. "Tohru wouldn't mind if I brought a kitten back," Uo stated happily. "She loves animals and cats are her favorite." Ironic, no? Tohru loves cats and yet prefers Yuki to the actual cat of the Zodiac, Kyo. The former Yankee gently placed the small kitten in her coat pocket, the area just deep enough for him to sit comfortably. Both of his paws, so cute and tiny, were hanging outside with his ears perked sideways. He tilted his head up, glancing at Uo and the blond seemed to melt at his gaze.

"Complain all you want, Kyo-Kyo, I'm keeping him."

It was decided, no backing out now and no point in trying to convince her otherwise.

When Uo once again compared the two, Kyo closed his eyes and looked way, "Yeah, well, it's just a cat." Uo was right though, about Tohru liking the kitten, that is. Kyo took the cat that was on the top of his head and set it down nicely. It mewed and purred before bounding away after the other cats that were leaving. Kyo looked at the kitten that Uo was going to keep, "What are you going to name it?" He inquired.

Kyo had to admit that he was enjoying himself with the former Yankee. She wasn't all bad, and it was nice that they weren't at each other's throats. I guess this vacation was a good idea after all.

"A name?"

Uo raised a finger to her lip and mused over a few potential names for the kitten. He was orange, with emerald eyes, very affectionate and completely adorable. She smirked, "How about Hiroki? It means joy." The name seemed fitting for him. Uo gently pet the kitten on its head and he purred happily. "I guess we should get going, huh?" Uo suggested, looking around and started walking towards the street again. Hiroki hid in her pocket, only the tips of his orange ears visible.

"Hiroki, huh? I guess that's cute." He said.

The time seemed to have slipped passed them. He walked after her, the cats now fully disappeared into the shadows again. How many times is that going to happen on this trip? As they exited the alley way, Kyo saw the amount of people had lessened since they were in the ally. He looked around, trying to find another place that they could go.

"How about we get some toys, for the cat?" He tilted his head, seeing the orange tips of the cats ears sticking out. He wondered if Uo ever knew about his secret, if she'd like him just as much as this kitten. He mentally shook his head. That's absurd. She'd never find out about his secret.​

"Sounds like a good idea," Uo agreed. "Who knew you could actually be so kind?"

From inside her pocket, Hiroki mewed quietly. Uo smiled, gently reaching into her pocket and stroked the back of Hiroki's ears. "I don't have much money to spend, but I'm sure we can get you something, sweetie." She cooed lovingly to the kitten.

"Alright, let's go." Uo walked alongside Kyo, thankfully the street was so crowded like before.

"Yeah, well...don't get used to it." Kyo defiantly announced. He walked a little bit ahead of her, with his hands shoved into his pockets again.

He took a look around. Most of the stores were large tourist shops, and not many toys for animals were sold in those. There had to be at least one shop. He stopped when he saw a small building squished between two other larger buildings. He read the sign that was hanging above the door way. "Oh, I guess they have a small animal clinic. Maybe we could get something in there?" He said.

He had never been to an animal clinic before, but he knew that's where toys could be sold.​

Status
Not open for further replies.