Useless things you don't need but really, really want

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasy replica weapons that are not shitty plastic toys. I'm a huge nerd and would love to have a bunch of swords and things to just have on display for my own pleasure, but they're fucking expensive. Something like Anduril (Aragorn's special sword in Lord of the Rings, for plebs who don't know the name and heathens who don't know LotR at all), which is a pretty basic longsword with a few embellishments, runs anywhere from around $200 to $600 USD, depending on quality and where you're getting it. I have no real use for such things, but I want them all the same.

Transformers toys Transformers toys Transformers toys
SCR5YiJ.png
RM1mTni.png

These are probably custom and only available like, in Japan, but HHHHHHHH I NEED.

• Love
Reactions: Pachamac
moar videogames

Me and my friends regularly talk about what we would do if we were silly rich.
I don't need replica armor. I wouldn't even wear it, but Masamune Date tho...
ca8c52cd0f92216f7813bbf84f536c9e.image.352x500_zpshlhcvgyz.jpg

$2000, bye-bye.

Also an island. Everyone needs an island.

ALL the Kylo Ren Star Wars merch, including the costume....

*See's no one here cares for a Sonic Lightsaber*

Fantasy replica weapons that are not shitty plastic toys. I'm a huge nerd and would love to have a bunch of swords and things to just have on display for my own pleasure, but they're fucking expensive. Something like Anduril (Aragorn's special sword in Lord of the Rings, for plebs who don't know the name and heathens who don't know LotR at all), which is a pretty basic longsword with a few embellishments, runs anywhere from around $200 to $600 USD, depending on quality and where you're getting it. I have no real use for such things, but I want them all the same.

I have a bunch of A Song of Ice and Fire ones, including book Ice, Robert's warhammer, the dragonglass dagger, and the only one from the Game of Thrones show I own, Khal Drogo's Arakh. They're fantastic and I want to hang them up, but I'd rather not drill holes in the walls of my apartment. Gotta wait until I own a house.

As for stuff I WANT that's utterly useless, I'd love to start collecting a bunch of deactivated military firearms for display. I think a German FG-42 would look rather fetching over the fireplace.

In the more reasonable price range, one of those Force FX Kylo Ren lightsabers would be fucking awesome.

In the guns that actually fire but none of them fire buckshot side of things, I want to get myself a shotgun because life isn't complete until you're playing fruit ninja with a 12 gauge.

I have a bunch of A Song of Ice and Fire ones, including book Ice, Robert's warhammer, the dragonglass dagger, and the only one from the Game of Thrones show I own, Khal Drogo's Arakh. They're fantastic and I want to hang them up, but I'd rather not drill holes in the walls of my apartment. Gotta wait until I own a house.

As for stuff I WANT that's utterly useless, I'd love to start collecting a bunch of deactivated military firearms for display. I think a German FG-42 would look rather fetching over the fireplace.

In the more reasonable price range, one of those Force FX Kylo Ren lightsabers would be fucking awesome.

In the guns that actually fire but none of them fire buckshot side of things, I want to get myself a shotgun because life isn't complete until you're playing fruit ninja with a 12 gauge.
I'm not sure if an MG-42 is close enough to an FG-42 that it makes your list of desirables, but I happened to buy a metal airsoft replica of one last year, and oh my gosh, it was gorgeous. Unfortunately I had to sell it because I was moving, but I loved displaying it in my room while I had it.

My life is just a constant loop of

"That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

...I must have it."

Although lately it's less silly things and more just, like, conveniences.

Like a toothbrush/toothpaste holder cup instead of an old mug

A coat-hook thing for my door instead of leaving my hoodies on the ground

Some manner of shelving/stacking unit for my games

Some kind of 2-3 bin organizer thing for recycling

A USB hub

A longer HDMI cord

An Ethernet cable

And it's like I know most of these things would only cost me a five minute walk and a toonie at the dollar store, but between a toonie for coat hooks and two cans of veggies... I only have one toonie, and I can't eat hooks, yannowhaimsayin?

Last edited:
I want new stationary.

I mean I have all the things I need now but I just love new stationary.

I WANT ALL THE MAKE UP

But I refrain myself from buying it because I don't need it, and I'd feel terrible for buying a huge make up collection that I wouldn't get to use even if I wore a full cake of make up on my face everyday because it'd just expire regardless of my efforts. Plus, there are way better ways to spend that money.

Not that I have much spare money to begin with. :I

• Love
Reactions: Sidhe and Minibit
I'm not sure if an MG-42 is close enough to an FG-42 that it makes your list of desirables, but I happened to buy a metal airsoft replica of one last year, and oh my gosh, it was gorgeous. Unfortunately I had to sell it because I was moving, but I loved displaying it in my room while I had it.

Not quite! I do quite like the MG-42, but it is an altogether different beast from the FG-42, which was the Luftwaffe's paratrooper rifle (Fallshirmjager Gewehr) that was a brilliant piece of engineering that was meant to more or less fill the capacity of any weapon while being something small and light enough to paradrop in with. It's very distinctive looking and it was the direct inspiration for the M-60, interestingly.

I need to get out and play more airsoft. I only have one gun, but it's definitely fun when I want an alternative to paintball.

There are quite possibly hundreds of melee weapons ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars; that I want. I already own quite a few things, but I want more because they're sharp and nice and I covet them.

Also throw in some cars, guns, electronic devices, and survivalist stuff.

There are quite possibly hundreds of melee weapons ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars; that I want. I already own quite a few things, but I want more because they're sharp and nice and I covet them.

Also throw in some cars, guns, electronic devices, and survivalist stuff.
1.jpg

All the Lordi merchandise. All of it. I Need every useless piece of stuff I can get my hands on. Damn you money for limiting me.

I'm currently waiting for the mail to deliver me a hoodie and a calendar. Any day now...

Also this. Want.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.