Updates: What's Different, What's New and What's Not Done!

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
WE SURVIVED AN UPDATE DAY WITHOUT SOMETHING EXPLODING YAY!

Reverting the ACTIVE roleplays back to normal thread style was easy as pie but time consuming. It took the entire day, and by the evening I had to enlist help to finish before bed. (You can thank @redblood and @Astaroth!) There were ZERO PROBLEMS with the revert but all Game Masters should still go look at their Signup/Plot threads to check for broken bbcode AND APPLY COOL UPDATES. We might have also accidentally archived roleplays that shouldn't have been. If you need a roleplay brought out of the graveyard, just use the Thread Moderation Request Form.

Today I did the actual backend update and that was fast and simple. 8D There are some updates that I couldn't get to due to funding and a sudden household emergency, but I'll be able to complete those later without having to shut down the site.

LETS TALK ABOUT THE STATE OF THE ROLEPLAY SECTIONS: WHAT IS FIXED, WHAT IS NEW, WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE!

The Forum Categories are at the BARE BASICS and probably won't stay like this.
In order to open the site up as quickly as possible, we skipped putting the roleplays back in to genre categories and opted for a really, really basic type organization. Groups, One on Ones, and Chats. So you know EXACTLY where the fuck to post your roleplay thread. Later they are likely to return, but we're going to train the peerage in tags first cause they're useful!

We're hoping people can make good use of the TAGGING SYSTEM to SEARCH BY GENRE, CONTENT & POSTING EXPECTATIONS. Because you can search by multiple tags, if you want a Fantasy with a Magical School and Zombies that allows LBGT characters and has a posting expectation requirement of Adept, you can search for that EXACT THING and get a list of roleplays using those tags! There is also a tag cloud viewable in the roleplay sections for quick searching single tags in that forum. AND these tags now appear under the title of a thread, so you know what content is in that thread! (and that is turned off now because 403 ERRORS)

Make use of the new "STICKY FIRST POST" feature to create an info/navigation post that will appear on ALL pages of your roleplay thread!
We were NOT able to having thread-linking tabs, but we found the NEXT BEST THING. Using this Sticky First Post feature in combination with cool as fuck bbcodes, you can create your own style navigation if you need it.

Here is an example thread!

ROLEPLAY BANNERS ARE BACK? MAYBE?
We think we finally have a confirmed fix on our ROLEPLAY BANNERS SYSTEM! So if you want to submit a banner for your roleplay or multi-partner request threads, head on over to the My Ads link in your account settings. Hopefully it's back to stay! <3 Well they ALMOST worked. D:< Now there is a completely different bug.

OTHER STUFF??
There were a few updates and things we were not able to get too, so those will roll out over the next week or two without site downtime. Some of these will be minor adjustments to the roleplay stuff, others will be an update of the site policies, and some backend things.

There are some spots that look cluttered and messy. D: We'll be tweaking that this week too.

AS WITH ALL SITE UPDATES SOMETIMES NEW BUGS APPEAR OR OLD ONES GOT MISSED OR DID NOT PROPERLY FIX. PLEASE USE OUR BUG REPORT TRHEAD AND HELP DESK TO REPORT THESE BUGS. IF YOU REPORT THEM =ANYWHERE= ELSE WE MIGHT MISS IT.

And of course if you have any questions, ask awaaaaaay.

Last edited:
Great, but what changes are there for people who don't use the roleplay stuff?

Thank you for all the hard work and all your time being put into this, it is really appreciated <3

*bows to Queen Diana*

Thanks for all your hard work! It's good to have my home back up. <3

Reactions: Banana-senpai
Hurray! I love it! /runs away to explore

Thank you guys for working so hard! I almost kinda like the simple look. :D

It says in the announcement that some active threads were accidentally graveyarded! Just put those threads in the thread moderation requests and it will get fixed.
Yeah, I did that. It just threw me because it says it's still in the RP forums and not actually in the graveyard? As long as it's okay, I don't want my baby to be hurt xD

I have to say the only thing that's a bit startling to me about the update is the big tag cloud above all of the forums! I don't know if it's possible to move it underneath the forums as opposed to before them, but I think that might be a little less jarring. Or I just need to get used to it haha.

YAY, BANNERS! I'm excited!

Not yay for archived threads! OH NOES! I submitted a request, though. XD

Thanks bunches, Diana, for all your hard work. And thanks to those of you who helped. I'll be making use of this sticky first post. NOW PLAYERS HAVE NO EXCUSE AS TO WHY THEY DO NOT KNOW THE INFO!!! *ebil laughter*

@Diana I have one single complaint. Now there's only one place to look for 1x1 while there are still multiple ways to find Group Rps. For people such as myself, who rather do not like group Rps, this will make things difficult.

You could make a thread requesting partners/RPs and then MAKE A BANNER! *dances with banners* Those things are amazing!

I have one single complaint. Now there's only one place to look for 1x1 while there are still multiple ways to find Group Rps. For people such as myself, who rather do not like group Rps, this will make things difficult.
Wasn't there always only one way to search for one on ones?

Wasn't there always only one way to search for one on ones?
Before the update there was an entire section for 1x1 searcvhes for different Genres.

Before the update there was an entire section for 1x1 searcvhes for different Genres.

You can still do it the exact same way, with the SEEKING ONE ON ONE PARTNERS section, by searching the tags. AND All the requests are all in one section instead of scattered about six forums.