Unfortunate Names You've Encountered

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother is a professor at a university and she has to read out all the names at graduation.

Nana Banana was unusual.

She also had Ming LingDing, which she said was really hard for her western brain to say in the right order.

Then apparently the Greek student have the longest and most confusing names.

So Mercedes is like a legitimate name BEFORE the fact it was Mercedes-Benz.

Someone I work with named her child with a name ALMOSTLIKETHAT. But it was "Abc," pronounced, "A bee sea."

I just met a girl the other day named Teriyaki.
I had a character in a roleplay named Teriyaki. XD Though my mum says she taught some named Steven Stevens, and someone called Siobhan but pronounced it like SIGH-O-BAN when it's Shiv-onn XD

Does 'Earth Fairy Queen' count? I forgot her last name, but still damn.
Also there was a girl I knew named flower, which could be worse except that her last name was Pot.
That aside; Jamie Oliver's children Poppy , Daisy, Petal and Buddy Bear.

I had an English teacher once whom was name Lillemor (which literally translate into little/small mom. A fun thing with her was that she was extremely short xD I am an average height Swedish woman (1,66 meters) and she only reached to my chest when I was fourteen.)

Who names their child small mom? Seriously o_o That doesn't sound like a good name even in a Swedish context. Cause 1. What if they never get children? What a deceiving name, right? 2. What if they become extremely tall. How would it then sound when they introduce themselves as small mother? 3. Who would want to be named small mom anyways even if it fits both their height and their life choice of having kids? o__o

I just... It's just a weird weird name to give to a child... And still 11,000 Swedes have it as a name... SWEDEN IS WEIRD!

I don't know what this family was thinking, or if they just want their kid to go through hell, but.

Shithead (Pronounced Shaa-heed) They are from Africa actually. So maybe that is why...but still.
This. Except they want it pronounced "Shaa-THEED."

And they aren't from Africa. They are from across town. Bless them.

There was a girl in my class named Coral Reeves. :D

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
There's this kid in the same year level as me whose last name is Tur...(wait for it)

Turpenis.

Yes, it's pronounced Tur-pee-ness. Although some people try to not pronounce it by saying Tur-peh-nuss. However, he doesn't really cop a lot of crap from it though surprisingly.

My dad's name is confusing to his foreign students. It has four consonants in a row in the middle of his name.

His name is Pinckney.

I apparently went to the same middle school as a girl named Heavenly Flowers, a guy named Lace, and girl named Margarita. I didn't know any of them personally, but damn if it wasn't interesting to hear other students talk about them.

I can't recall any very unfortunate names I've encountered, but my mother went to school with a pair of sisters named Candy and Sugar. Last name Cane. :|

Doctor Bendova

• Love
Reactions: Levusti
I know a kid named Anakin and another one named Khaleesi. Not really unfortunate, just interesting and unusual, especially in my conservative ass town.

I also know a girl named Xochitl and it was really pretty when said correctly but I felt bad for her because every teacher butchered her name. :((

Khaleesi.
I don't get what's bad with this one. :/
The only thing one can connect it is having three baby dragons.

That's pretty awesome. :3

I don't get what's bad with this one. :/
The only thing one can connect it is having three baby dragons.

That's pretty awesome. :3
Yeah, that's why I said it wasn't really unfortunate, just interesting and unusual. :P

Highway 69. Poor bastard.

• Love
Reactions: Levusti
Umm, my friend name is Deciebellama
another name is Xnyil
and one friend I know name is Reinchoir.

There was a teacher at the middle school I went to named Mrs. Hickey. There was also a teacher aid named Mr. Gross. Not ultra bad, but for middle schoolers, it was just about unbearable xD

There was a kid in my school. His name was Mikey Myers. o_o

High school and the surname 'Tirpenis' do not mix.

Pretty much every user name in this discussion

ShrekDonkeyLaughing.png

*Turns out the lights and locks the door on her way out*

Status
Not open for further replies.