Two Years After Contact - Post Apoc RP.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with the unfamiliarity with the weapon, the fact that it was headed toward her, and slowing, made it relatively easy to flatten the passenger's side front tire, at which point the UAZ swerved once then slowly began to grind to a halt. The men inside, including the driver, began disembarking and setting up positions around the disabled vehicle, apparently getting ready for an extended shootout.

The other UAZ, apparently confused by the sudden slowing, slowed themselves to try to figure out this new plan.

That's when Joska seemed to break his cover. He made a quick serpentine run from his truck, keeping to what little cover there was, and unhitched something from inside his belt. With a quick heft, the cylinder flew from his hand and definitely appeared to stick to the disabled UAZ with a solid clank which indicated that it was magnetic.

That was before the explosion, which tore the front quarter of the disabled UAZ apart, sending shrapnel flying. It was unclear at this point how many were killed or injured by that.

What was clear, was that Joska wasn't a thug leading a gang of thugs.

He, perhaps, had some explaining to do to some people.

Meanwhile, the rest of Joska's men turned their attention on the other vehicle, taking advantage of the confusion and laying down suppressing fire.

Arisu hadn't brought just Alysson with her, but other than the pilot, copilot and technician from Japan, one other man, who had only been scarcely seen by Alysson on the plane - she thought he was just another crew member or backup pilot, climbed out of the plane and literally scaled the side of the plane, lying atop it with some sort of longarm that had been strapped to his back. That might take a little while to setup, but it was indeed higher ground, and might be overlooked when you took into account all of the weapons fire and explosions that the attackers had to deal with suddenly.

@Marchosias
@Jageroux
The explosion turned the UAZ to a flaming mess, the vhole front of it shredded. It also killed the driver, before he culd get out. The two others in the back survived, but vere shell-shocked by the explosion, and one of them vas thrown-back a few meters by the force of it.

Just as that one vas picking him-self back to his feet, obviusly disoriented... Natalija's shot ziped thru his chest, killing him. She imediatly shifted aim to the other one and let out another shot, but that one managed to get back behind the burning UAZ in-to cover, her shot missing.

"Nice... only one left on this side!" Natalija caled out tovard Joska. Glancing at him, she seen the AN-94 in his hands. That, coupled vith his use of a magnetic-adhesive grenade, sent her mind spining. This guy vasnt a common thug, thats for sure. But vho WAS he, then?

Wel, questions culd wait until this mess vas over and done. There vas stil that last one to deal with from the lead UAZ, and he wuldnt be a easy target, in cover there behind his ruined vehicle.

"Keep him pinned there vith short bursts, vhile I advance on him, wil you?" she added to Joska. Then she sholdered her M76, and puled out her switchblade from the right boot. Vith a click, the razor-sharp, 12 centimeter blade snaped-out. Staying in a very low crouch, she looked back tovard the other UAZ on the oposite side of the plane, making sure they didnt have a clear line of fire to her back, then started her aproach on the burning UAZ, and the man behind it, trusting Joska to keep a steady stream of fire on it, to keep the man pinned. Vith any luck, she culd catch that one off-guard as she rounded the vehicle, and dispose of him vith the knife. Vith all the smoke and fire coming off his cover, he wuldnt have a hope of seeing anything thru it until it was too late.

Meanvhile, the other UAZ stopped, under a barrage of fire from Joska's men, and the 3 people insyde it scrambled out to take cover and prepare for a firefight. One of them vasnt so lucky, as he vas catched by a burst as he exited, but the other 2 managed to take firing positions behind their vehicle, vhich was rapidly being filed with holes. Then they opened up in full on Joska's guys on the truck, as wel as the plane in back-stop position behind it Several windows on the plane vere already shot-thru, as more then a few holes visible in its body. It wuld likely not be flight-vorthy with-out repairs, after this.

One more of Joska's guys screamed-out, as a bullet pierced his sholder, wounded but not dead.

"No problem, boss. You can count on me. We'll tally up what you owe me for my time and my gas after we've done used them up, ay?" The old man stood. "I'll have to run over to Midge's and fill the old gal up on some of those corn leavings. Thank God the Colonel doesn't mind running drunk."

Midge was, back in the day, a moonshiner. Now, she was mass-producing biodiesel (and a healthy amount of moonshine) for the folks of Galveston. Her son Perry was a mechanic, and he had boned up on how to convert standard gas engines over to ethanol and biodiesel. Between the two of them, they had a lot of work - at least as long as the parts held out. There was already rumblings about getting a bunch of folks back into the abandoned GM plant in Arlington to get that fired back up again. It would be work, and good work too. The near four hour drive meant that not many from Galveston would be heading up there to work, but once Arlington was back running, Texas would be in business as far as getting back on the manufacturing map in post-Invasion times.

@Xytheus

Tobias stood. He smiled at the old mans remark, and then shuddered at the thought of the cost of fuel. A tub like this no doubt had a big tank. That was alot of fucking corn, and even biofuel was hard to get these days. "Thanks for the help. We'll be sure to meet your price." Tobias held his hand out.

"Exactly what I was thinking, bud. You don't wanna wait til dusk though? A midday run? Sure, why the fuck not? Who fucking looks at that wreck anymore anyway?" York gave a thumbs up. "But maybe we should take the usual car. Driving this baby around is sure to get attention, I tell you what." He pulled the car around back, and between them, they got it covered up with a bunch of camo tarp.

"So, we should probably take the tow truck, in case we find a big enough piece - we'll need the stronger winch." York suggested, as he started marching toward the flatbed tow truck, which used to be used to haul trucks, SUVs and even the occasional big rig cab back before the Invasion. Nowadays, it was a salvage machine.
The tow truck had leather seats creased from the butt-cheeks of what Dom assumed had been a man 200 lbs heavier than him, seeing as the springs were totally shot to hell. He wouldn't have cared, but the stretch of coastal highway they took towards the wreck was littered with pot holes, and as York announced, "you can't dodge 'em all". A sore ass is a small price to pay for -ALIEN METAL- though! He thought to himself, getting more and more excited as they neared the patch of beachfront housing where they'd stored their boat.

Hopping out of the rig, Dom slung his rifle over his back and rolled up his pant legs, shooting York a glance as he made a show of cocking the hammer on his S&W 500. He hadn't proven a bad commander, but damn if the man wasn't 12 years old at heart, always snatching up impractical firearms and merchandise. Still, they'd flourished so far, and with a complete APC they could seriously consider tackling one of the bigger settlements in the area, away from any government intervention.

Dom followed York into the backyard of an abandoned summer home from the 70's, and met with a couple of fellows playing cards and a greasy haired woman cleaning fishing tackle. "One last trip, Chelsea, and then the boat's all yours," York stated with a smile, making an effort to cross his arms and let her get an eyeful of the revolver's snarling hammer. Dom, meanwhile, strode to the small dock and began unlocking the chains that held the boat moored, as well as inserting the spark plugs for the outboard props.

@Michale CS
@Xytheus

"Keep him pinned there vith short bursts, vhile I advance on him, wil you?" she added to Joska. Then she sholdered her M76, and puled out her switchblade from the right boot. Vith a click, the razor-sharp, 12 centimeter blade snaped-out. Staying in a very low crouch, she looked back tovard the other UAZ on the oposite side of the plane, making sure they didnt have a clear line of fire to her back, then started her aproach on the burning UAZ, and the man behind it, trusting Joska to keep a steady stream of fire on it, to keep the man pinned. Vith any luck, she culd catch that one off-guard as she rounded the vehicle, and dispose of him vith the knife. Vith all the smoke and fire coming off his cover, he wuldnt have a hope of seeing anything thru it until it was too late.

Meanvhile, the other UAZ stopped, under a barrage of fire from Joska's men, and the 3 people insyde it scrambled out to take cover and prepare for a firefight. One of them vasnt so lucky, as he vas catched by a burst as he exited, but the other 2 managed to take firing positions behind their vehicle, vhich was rapidly being filed with holes. Then they opened up in full on Joska's guys on the truck, as wel as the plane in back-stop position behind it Several windows on the plane vere already shot-thru, as more then a few holes visible in its body. It wuld likely not be flight-vorthy with-out repairs, after this.

One more of Joska's guys screamed-out, as a bullet pierced his sholder, wounded but not dead.
Joska smirked, knowing his cover was blown, but nodded and took up a position behind some wreckage and periodically squeezed off a selective fire burst in the proper direction, letting Natalija get the drop on the final guy on that side.

Meanwhile, Alysson had started to get the hang of the assault rifle and was getting far more accurate with the weapon. Between the remainder of Joska's men, Alysson, and a sniper shot or two from the Japanese man lying atop of the plane, it wasn't long before the gunplay stopped, the entire attacking crew dead. Even the man who tried to run was snipered down by Arisu's guard.

"Now... who wants to explain why we were instantly a target once we landed?" Arisu said, looking between Joska, Alysson, and Natalija

~~ OOC ~~
Decided just to end the combat at this point so we could move on and background @Jageroux for now

Tobias stood. He smiled at the old mans remark, and then shuddered at the thought of the cost of fuel. A tub like this no doubt had a big tank. That was alot of fucking corn, and even biofuel was hard to get these days. "Thanks for the help. We'll be sure to meet your price." Tobias held his hand out.
He shook his hand, and nodded. "Don't you worry, I'm not going to charge any more than I have ta ta keep me and the Colonel fed."

Noon came around quickly enough, and the men that Tobias picked out showed up as requested, loaded up onto the old paddlewheel ship and ready for whatever investigation that the Mayor had planned for them.

Dom followed York into the backyard of an abandoned summer home from the 70's, and met with a couple of fellows playing cards and a greasy haired woman cleaning fishing tackle. "One last trip, Chelsea, and then the boat's all yours," York stated with a smile, making an effort to cross his arms and let her get an eyeful of the revolver's snarling hammer. Dom, meanwhile, strode to the small dock and began unlocking the chains that held the boat moored, as well as inserting the spark plugs for the outboard props.

@Michale CS
@Xytheus
The group got everything together in record time. The excitement of the potential of what they were sitting on was just like in the old days when someone got a new truck to go off-roading in, or if someone picked up a fancy new rifle for hunting. It was like Christmas Day for them, and soon enough they were on their way toward the wreck.

By the time they got there, though, the Colonel had started to make its first loop around the wreck. As they arrived, the Colonel was around back, but by the time they got close enough, it was peeking around the corner.

Do Dom and his crew care if whomever is on the Colonel sees them heading toward the wreck or not, was one question, and two, are they still going to risk the raid with it circling like that?

@Saint Allison @Xytheus

Joska smirked, knowing his cover was blown, but nodded and took up a position behind some wreckage and periodically squeezed off a selective fire burst in the proper direction, letting Natalija get the drop on the final guy on that side.

Meanwhile, Alysson had started to get the hang of the assault rifle and was getting far more accurate with the weapon. Between the remainder of Joska's men, Alysson, and a sniper shot or two from the Japanese man lying atop of the plane, it wasn't long before the gunplay stopped, the entire attacking crew dead. Even the man who tried to run was snipered down by Arisu's guard.

"Now... who wants to explain why we were instantly a target once we landed?" Arisu said, looking between Joska, Alysson, and Natalija

~~ OOC ~~
Decided just to end the combat at this point so we could move on and background @Jageroux for now
Natalija vasnt anyvhere near the plane at the moment, having just taken care of the man behind the burning UAZ. She peered back tovard the others, noticing the situation seemed to have been handled in the mean-time. That guy atop of the plane, clearly a sniper, also took her a litle by suprise. "Looks like this scientist belives in having a litle invisible backup if needed... sensible."

Not yet joining the others, she first decided to make a round of the battle-zone, colecting all the weapons of the attackers, those that vere stil useable, aniway, since they wuld fetch a prety price, back at the opera house vhen she wuld sell them. Once she got near the destroyed motorbike, she noticed that guy's SMG lying on the pavement not too far avay, haveing aparently been dropped by him vhen she shot his bike. It vasnt afected by the bike's explosion. Geting closer, she culd identify the SMG as a Škorpion. Nice, small, dependable weapon, barely bigger then any normal pistol and culd be used like one, but can also hose-down a room-full of bad guys easyli at close range vith its brutal full-auto mode.

Adaptable. And Natalija liked adaptable weapons. She picked it up, checked the clip and the action, then stufed it at the back of her pants. She wuld buy a suitable holster for it back at the opera house, as wel as some spare ammo for it, if she culd.

Finaly, her round complete, she re-joined the others at the plane, burdened down by 3 AK's and one SKS, that she salvaged from the attackers.

"Wel... not exacly vhat I came to salvage, but I imagine these wil fetch a nice price!" she remarked to Joska, then looked around. Everyone seemed to be in one piece, asyde from the two losses among Joska's men, and that wounded-in-the-sholder one.

"How is he? Did you stop the bleeding?" she asked Joska, then set her loot aside and crouched next to that one, peering at his sholder. It vas soaked with blood.

"Wel... not exacly vhat I came to salvage, but I imagine these wil fetch a nice price!" she remarked to Joska, then looked around. Everyone seemed to be in one piece, asyde from the two losses among Joska's men, and that wounded-in-the-sholder one.

"How is he? Did you stop the bleeding?" she asked Joska, then set her loot aside and crouched next to that one, peering at his sholder. It vas soaked with blood.
"Da, he will be fine." Gone was the accent he affected to appear local, now the Russian came out. Joska opened one flap of his jacket and flashed a badge.

YLgfB.jpg
"Not that it means much now, but maybe this tells you why I can do what I do. Also, I was in contact with Arisu and knew to be here when her plane landed. You are welcome as I said to stay with us as we do what she is paying us to do." He stood and walked back toward the plane.

"Da, he will be fine." Gone was the accent he affected to appear local, now the Russian came out. Joska opened one flap of his jacket and flashed a badge.

YLgfB.jpg
"Not that it means much now, but maybe this tells you why I can do what I do. Also, I was in contact with Arisu and knew to be here when her plane landed. You are welcome as I said to stay with us as we do what she is paying us to do." He stood and walked back toward the plane.
Natalija just nodded. She didnt recognize the badge, assuming it vas some kind of Russian spec-force outfit. Some time later, she figured she wuld get around to asking him vhat hes doing leading a gang of punks like this... maybe over that dinner he promised her.

"Nice fake accent before, by the vay." she smiled at him, then turned back to check out the wounded man. As Joska sayed, he seemed fine, giving her a brave grin, but she culd tell there vas alot of pain behind it.

"I'd sugest we make way back to the opera house as fast as we can, before he loses too much blood. He does need medical atention." she finaly sayed, geting up, and reclaiming her loot.

He shook his hand, and nodded. "Don't you worry, I'm not going to charge any more than I have ta ta keep me and the Colonel fed."

Noon came around quickly enough, and the men that Tobias picked out showed up as requested, loaded up onto the old paddlewheel ship and ready for whatever investigation that the Mayor had planned for them.

The group got everything together in record time. The excitement of the potential of what they were sitting on was just like in the old days when someone got a new truck to go off-roading in, or if someone picked up a fancy new rifle for hunting. It was like Christmas Day for them, and soon enough they were on their way toward the wreck.

By the time they got there, though, the Colonel had started to make its first loop around the wreck. As they arrived, the Colonel was around back, but by the time they got close enough, it was peeking around the corner.

Do Dom and his crew care if whomever is on the Colonel sees them heading toward the wreck or not, was one question, and two, are they still going to risk the raid with it circling like that?

@Saint Allison @Xytheus

Tobias briefed his men when they came onboard. They were to take the lifeboats and search the wreckage near the water for small entry points. As the Colonel made its way around the wreck they were preparing to launch the lifeboats. Tobias looked through a pair of binoculars at the waterline of the wreck. He couldn't see anything that stood out. There were five guards onboard. Three would take one boat and the other two with Tobias would take the other. He looked out at the open ocean. There was nothing more than the usual traffic of fishing boats, idle barges and a few small craft. Judt a normal day.

The first lifeboat dropped into the water. The three guards began paddling towards the wreck. Tobias joined the other two in the second boat. Seconds later it plopped into the water, and they started towards a different area of the wreck. Radios were scarce but the guards brought two from the food storage. They were old walkie-talkies. Tobias held his radio up. "Radio check. Boat one to boat two. Come in boat two." A few seconds later the other called. "We read ya loud and clear boat two." The two lifeboats came closer to the wreck, ready to inspect it.

Natalija just nodded. She didnt recognize the badge, assuming it vas some kind of Russian spec-force outfit. Some time later, she figured she wuld get around to asking him vhat hes doing leading a gang of punks like this... maybe over that dinner he promised her.

"Nice fake accent before, by the vay." she smiled at him, then turned back to check out the wounded man. As Joska sayed, he seemed fine, giving her a brave grin, but she culd tell there vas alot of pain behind it.

"I'd sugest we make way back to the opera house as fast as we can, before he loses too much blood. He does need medical atention." she finaly sayed, geting up, and reclaiming her loot.
"I've several of them." Joska said in a spot-on British accent. "And that's probably the best idea. We can return here to assess the damage to the plane later."

Meanwhile, Arisu had gotten back in the driver's seat of the SUV. Her other crew - the pilot, helper, and newly revealed sniper were to stay with the plane now that there might be danger to it. She waved Alysson and Joska over. Alysson took the front passenger's seat and Joska in the first row of seats behind, as the other two of his men got the wounded man onto the truck Joska had arrived on, one slid into the driver's seat and the other stayed in the back where the wounded man was.

What remained to be decided is whom Natalija would be riding with.

@Marchosias

"I've several of them." Joska said in a spot-on British accent. "And that's probably the best idea. We can return here to assess the damage to the plane later."

Meanwhile, Arisu had gotten back in the driver's seat of the SUV. Her other crew - the pilot, helper, and newly revealed sniper were to stay with the plane now that there might be danger to it. She waved Alysson and Joska over. Alysson took the front passenger's seat and Joska in the first row of seats behind, as the other two of his men got the wounded man onto the truck Joska had arrived on, one slid into the driver's seat and the other stayed in the back where the wounded man was.

What remained to be decided is whom Natalija would be riding with.

@Marchosias
Figuring she wuld be most useful tending to the wounded man, given her half-remembered first-aid army courses, Natalija got on the truck.

"How are you feeling? Try not to move, and keep upright, dont lye down. It wil slow-down the loss of blood, if it has to go upvard, tovard the wound, and not level. Press your other hand just below the arm-pit, to block the artery a little."

Then she gently removed his jacket, and got a good look at the wound. It vas a shot-thru, cleanly, no damage to the bone. Lucky for him. But it did need to be bandaged, at least provizionaly, until they got him to a doctor.

"ANY BANDAGES IN HERE?" she then shouted tovard the SUV and Joska in it.

She looked toward Gerard, standing there for a while as he worked. Hm... So he was good at getting things done. Well, he had been a whole lot of help carrying her stuff here. She hadn't known he was good with tools though. Then again, she didn't know squat about the fellow, aside from the fact that he was rather simple.

She continued watching for a little while before walking over and crouching nearby. She stayed quiet for some time before working, not wanting to distract him from his work. "Wow, nice work there," she told him.​
"I'm good with my hands. Tools are like fingers you can step on." Gerard said, and in his way, he was trying to explain that he found tools an extension of his body. He was apparently a prodigy with mechanical things from the expertise and speed with which he repaired the bench. Once he was done he stood up and smiled at her.

"I'm gonna stay here and be a handyman. That's what the boss said. I got me a job." He nodded deeply. "I thank you for bringing me here and out of a bad place but I think God meant for you to bring me here so I could do good for a lot of people and not be called dumb anymore."

@Greenie

"I'm good with my hands. Tools are like fingers you can step on." Gerard said, and in his way, he was trying to explain that he found tools an extension of his body. He was apparently a prodigy with mechanical things from the expertise and speed with which he repaired the bench. Once he was done he stood up and smiled at her.

"I'm gonna stay here and be a handyman. That's what the boss said. I got me a job." He nodded deeply. "I thank you for bringing me here and out of a bad place but I think God meant for you to bring me here so I could do good for a lot of people and not be called dumb anymore."

@Greenie
Nora listened to him quietly before she gave him a genuine smile, reaching over and patting his arm for a moment. "Hm... I guess He did," she agreed with Gerard. She didn't know if it was true or not, but at least he was safe here and she wouldn't have a guilty conscience. She was going to miss her old place by the oratory, of course, but at least things seemed to be playing out quite well for her.

"I got me a job too," she said after a moment, using his own words as she stood up from the crouching position she was in. "I'm going to be leaving after lunch. Good luck with your job." She patted his head for a second before backing away, deciding not to distract him any further and check out her own pack in preparation for the scavenging trip she would be going on.​

Last edited:
Nora listened to him quietly before she gave him a genuine smile, reaching over and patting his arm for a moment. "Hm... I guess He did," she agreed with Gerard. She didn't know if it was true or not, but at least he was safe here and she wouldn't have a guilty conscience. She was going to miss her old place by the oratory, of course, but at least things seemed to be playing out quite well for her.

"I got me a job too," she said after a moment, using his own words as she stood up from the crouching position she was in. "I'm going to be leaving after lunch. Good luck with your job." She patted his head for a second before backing away, deciding not to distract him any further and check out her own pack in preparation for the scavenging trip she would be going on.​
Gerard looked at Nora with a serious he rarely effected. "Be careful Nora. I will pray for you." His eyes seemed somehow, infinitely wise and deep when he caught her gaze before he spoke that.

And then, he was back to his usual happy, dopey self.

Time passes as it always does, and lunch was good. There was even some homemade creme cheese for the bagels.

Then, the group made their way to the Stadium. The smell got to them first. It had been two days with a pile of bodies no one bothered to clean up, and rats were all over the place. A big sign, spray painted on a sheet was posted at the entrance to the place

CLOSED ONLY DEATH
LIVES HERE NOW

Once inside, there was a sign of a couple of explosions, among body parts. And plenty of people fallen over, dead from gunshot wounds, a couple more from presumably just being trampled.
But, a lot of them still had guns. And there were pallets full of trade goods that the rats hadn't gotten to yet.

Suddenly, from behind what looked like it used to be a ticket booth, a wide-eyed middle-aged man stepped out. He had his hands up, and no visible weapons on him. "Please, I mean no harm. I'm just trying to find my son. I was checking the bodies here to make sure he wasn't among them. I just-" he choked up. "...just have to find my son, if he's still alive."

@Greenie

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenie
The boat Chelsea and crew lusted after was a medium-sized fishing boat with a 3/4's enclosed cab, a very small hold in the bow, and a deck mounted winch. She was a solid sea-faring vessel with much more potential than she'd been allowed to display in the gulf. The crew was following a loose band of fishing ships, acting the part themselves brandishing poles and nets. Domino enjoyed the rising and falling of the afternoon swells, casually scanning the sea traffic as they approached the wreck site, secretly wishing he had bait on the end of his line instead of just lead. Some old, warm memory of fishing with his father was trying to escape from the recesses of his brain, but this was only his second time on salvage duty, and his anticipation of York's plan dominated his thoughts. The man in question sat in the co-captain's chair, a pair of crusty binoculars held to his face. "hmm... fucking tourists..." he grumbled before spinning the seat around to address the crew. "A'ight, here's the deal, it appears some fat-cat bastards from Houston want an up close look at the ~exotic~ wreckage in that paddleboat over there. I don't think they'll be a problem if we drift next to the backside of the wreck where the docks end, and keep up the fishing act. Dom, you and that rifle better be ready to pop any guards if they get too nosey, but otherwise you'll need to help me in the alien interior. Just like the last 3 times Chelsea, you and the boys return to the entrance after running another 'fishing pass' so we attach the tow cable to any panels we can drag to the entrance." Three eyes stared at Chelsea as York delivered the last line, his finger laced across the 500's trigger. "Don't fucking double cross me, Chels. I don't need to remind you how much of a God-damned good deal you're getting on yacht."

The crew began the nimble rear-approach through the debris, Dom keeping one hand on a pole and one on Agnes.

@Michale CS
@Xytheus

Reactions: Michale CS
Gerard looked at Nora with a serious he rarely effected. "Be careful Nora. I will pray for you." His eyes seemed somehow, infinitely wise and deep when he caught her gaze before he spoke that.

And then, he was back to his usual happy, dopey self.

Time passes as it always does, and lunch was good. There was even some homemade creme cheese for the bagels.

Then, the group made their way to the Stadium. The smell got to them first. It had been two days with a pile of bodies no one bothered to clean up, and rats were all over the place. A big sign, spray painted on a sheet was posted at the entrance to the place

CLOSED ONLY DEATH
LIVES HERE NOW
Once inside, there was a sign of a couple of explosions, among body parts. And plenty of people fallen over, dead from gunshot wounds, a couple more from presumably just being trampled.
But, a lot of them still had guns. And there were pallets full of trade goods that the rats hadn't gotten to yet.

Suddenly, from behind what looked like it used to be a ticket booth, a wide-eyed middle-aged man stepped out. He had his hands up, and no visible weapons on him. "Please, I mean no harm. I'm just trying to find my son. I was checking the bodies here to make sure he wasn't among them. I just-" he choked up. "...just have to find my son, if he's still alive."

@Greenie
Nora wouldn't admit it out loud, but throughout lunch and even while they were headed to the Stadium, she had been thinking about Gerard... or rather the expression on his face. Right, buck up, she scolded herself as they arrived. She could tell they had arrived because it smelled horrible. Bleghhh... She wouldn't have minded a face mask, but there was no way she was going to be a weakling and say that out loud. There was work to be done, and she was a hard worker. There was no time to worry about her poor nose.

The sight of the bodies wasn't pleasant at all, and she felt nauseous for a moment before composing herself. She had seen bodies before that were decaying and rotting... just not so many at one place. Damn... Once again she thanked her lucky stars- Or God in Gerard's words- for keeping her out of shady areas like these.

She had just been about to pick up a gun when the man had come in. She tensed up, hand tightening on the weapon as he spoke. His son? Among the dead people? She looked to the others, wondering if they were going to say or do anything.

"Your kid was kidnapped by them?" she asked. It would make sense if he was, seeing he could have been sold as a slave. That would most probably mean he was dead though.​

. "hmm... fucking tourists..." he grumbled before spinning the seat around to address the crew. "A'ight, here's the deal, it appears some fat-cat bastards from Houston want an up close look at the ~exotic~ wreckage in that paddleboat over there. I don't think they'll be a problem if we drift next to the backside of the wreck where the docks end, and keep up the fishing act. Dom, you and that rifle better be ready to pop any guards if they get too nosey, but otherwise you'll need to help me in the alien interior. Just like the last 3 times Chelsea, you and the boys return to the entrance after running another 'fishing pass' so we attach the tow cable to any panels we can drag to the entrance." Three eyes stared at Chelsea as York delivered the last line, his finger laced across the 500's trigger. "Don't fucking double cross me, Chels. I don't need to remind you how much of a God-damned good deal you're getting on yacht."

The crew began the nimble rear-approach through the debris, Dom keeping one hand on a pole and one on Agnes.

@Michale CS
@Xytheus
Just as Tobias and his men were lowered down in the longboat from the Colonel was when Dom and his men were approaching in the fishing boat.

Cue the awkward.

The boats were about 40 yards apart at this time, and Hank - one of Tobias' men - reached down into the base of the boat for his pride and joy, an MP-7 he'd bought from a guy out back behind a gun show out of his trunk - this was a cherry-condition SEAL weapon - before the Invasion. He looked to Tobias for confirmation, should he show that they were packing and risk a waterbourne firefight or not? There was also the fact that he only had a couple magazines worth of ammo for the thing, it took a really odd size.
300px-H%26K_MP7.jpg

@Saint Allison @Xytheus

Just as Tobias and his men were lowered down in the longboat from the Colonel was when Dom and his men were approaching in the fishing boat.

Cue the awkward.

The boats were about 40 yards apart at this time, and Hank - one of Tobias' men - reached down into the base of the boat for his pride and joy, an MP-7 he'd bought from a guy out back behind a gun show out of his trunk - this was a cherry-condition SEAL weapon - before the Invasion. He looked to Tobias for confirmation, should he show that they were packing and risk a waterbourne firefight or not? There was also the fact that he only had a couple magazines worth of ammo for the thing, it took a really odd size.
300px-H%26K_MP7.jpg

@Saint Allison @Xytheus

Tobias grew weary as the fishing boat sailed oddly close to the wreck. There were fish that lived in the debris but all the big and valuable ones were out in the open water. It was quite suspicious for a boat to be fishing here. When Hank went for his weapon Tobias, discreetly put his hand on the gun and shook his head side to side. "No." The other lifeboat was already a long way from the Colonel. He didn't want to start a fight here. There was no cover. He picked up his radio. "Lifeboat to Colonel would you mind moving between us and the fishing boat. They're blocking our sun. If you know what I mean." Tobias hoped the captain understood. His own handgun felt heavier in its holster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nora wouldn't admit it out loud, but throughout lunch and even while they were headed to the Stadium, she had been thinking about Gerard... or rather the expression on his face. Right, buck up, she scolded herself as they arrived. She could tell they had arrived because it smelled horrible. Bleghhh... She wouldn't have minded a face mask, but there was no way she was going to be a weakling and say that out loud. There was work to be done, and she was a hard worker. There was no time to worry about her poor nose.

The sight of the bodies wasn't pleasant at all, and she felt nauseous for a moment before composing herself. She had seen bodies before that were decaying and rotting... just not so many at one place. Damn... Once again she thanked her lucky stars- Or God in Gerard's words- for keeping her out of shady areas like these.

She had just been about to pick up a gun when the man had come in. She tensed up, hand tightening on the weapon as he spoke. His son? Among the dead people? She looked to the others, wondering if they were going to say or do anything.

"Your kid was kidnapped by them?" she asked. It would make sense if he was, seeing he could have been sold as a slave. That would most probably mean he was dead though.​
"I don't know. I hired a man, a mercenary, to find my son. All I had was food to give. He didn't return, so I did some investigating of my own, and the last place he was seen... was here. I only saw him from a distance, I even left my request to find Gerard in a note. I was so ashamed about abandoning my son that I couldn't face anyone." He shook his head.

"I was a horrible father. I just... left him, one night when he was sleeping. I put my own life ahead of my son's... I thought he'd get us both killed. We were sleeping in a church, so I hoped someone would come by and take care of him. By the time I came to my senses and went back for him, he was gone."

@Greenie

Reactions: Greenie
"I don't know. I hired a man, a mercenary, to find my son. All I had was food to give. He didn't return, so I did some investigating of my own, and the last place he was seen... was here. I only saw him from a distance, I even left my request to find Gerard in a note. I was so ashamed about abandoning my son that I couldn't face anyone." He shook his head.

"I was a horrible father. I just... left him, one night when he was sleeping. I put my own life ahead of my son's... I thought he'd get us both killed. We were sleeping in a church, so I hoped someone would come by and take care of him. By the time I came to my senses and went back for him, he was gone."

@Greenie
Nora stared at the man as he spoke, dead silent for the moment, though her thoughts were rather haywire. Gerard? Was it a coincidence that this man was searching for a son who had the same name as the fellow she had met up with? There was the annoying voice in her mind, teasing her that it was all the work of God. She told that voice to shut the hell up.

As she continued listening, it seemed to her that her suspicions might be true. On the outside, her face was rather calm. Inside though, she was boiling. She really hoped it was the same person she was thinking about.

"Your kid... he wouldn't happen to be an adult... kinda tall, really polite?" Say no, dammit, and I might not have to rage on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.