Two Years After Contact - Post Apoc RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dom had assumed when he'd first met Chelsea that she was just another middle-aged bitch mad at the world for taking away her soap operas, caramel macchiatos, and strip malls. He was glad he wrong. Not only did the skinny red-head prove a skilled sailor, she also had shared a fair deal of fish with them while they'd been camped on the shore, no extra charge.

He caught himself drifting into a sentimental mood he couldn't afford. The crew was weaving slowly through the mangled metal stabbed into the seabed, having to keep a constant eye out for threats hidden just below the surface.

Dom began worrying as soon as he saw what appeared to be three chaps in a lifeboat entering their 50 yard "comfort zone". He hoped Chelsea's two men in back were making enough of a show of reeling and casting to throw the newcomers off the scent if they happened to be from Galveston, but who knew, maybe they were just friendly anglers themselves. Regardless, He had Agnes in his lap away from sight, while he was sitting on the boat's floor, looking over the side. If he had to take a knee and shoot, he would. God knew he and "Nessy" had spilled human blood post-contact, but he didn't want to put an expensive bullet in the brain of someone he didn't have to.

If they could only make it to the backside of the wreck, him and York could scramble inside and get that last piece of treasure they needed...

@Michale CS @Xytheus

Tobias grew weary as the fishing boat sailed oddly close to the wreck. There were fish that lived in the debris but all the big and valuable ones were out in the open water. It was quite suspicious for a boat to be fishing here. When Hank went for his weapon Tobias, discreetly put his hand on the gun and shook his head side to side. "No." The other lifeboat was already a long way from the Colonel. He didn't want to start a fight here. There was no cover. He picked up his radio. "Lifeboat to Colonel would you mind moving between us and the fishing boat. They're blocking our sun. If you know what I mean." Tobias hoped the captain understood. His own handgun felt heavier in its holster.
The reply over the radio came quickly, "No can do, Boss. If I get between you and them not only will my wake probably tip one or both of you over, I'm likely to run across some sharp edges that are in her draft. I can blow her horn a few times and wave em over if you want? Invite them up for a beer using the Colonel's loudspeaker."

@Xytheus

Regardless, He had Agnes in his lap away from sight, while he was sitting on the boat's floor, looking over the side. If he had to take a knee and shoot, he would. God knew he and "Nessy" had spilled human blood post-contact, but he didn't want to put an expensive bullet in the brain of someone he didn't have to.

If they could only make it to the backside of the wreck, him and York could scramble inside and get that last piece of treasure they needed...

@Michale CS @Xytheus
The other boat seemed to be stopping for now and drifting somewhat. Maybe they were getting ready to get their poles out? One of the guys did reach down in the bottom of the boat and another seemed to be fussing with some equipment on the craft. The way it was painted up, the other boat seemed to be right from the Colonel, which was still lazily circling the area.

@Saint Allison

Nora stared at the man as he spoke, dead silent for the moment, though her thoughts were rather haywire. Gerard? Was it a coincidence that this man was searching for a son who had the same name as the fellow she had met up with? There was the annoying voice in her mind, teasing her that it was all the work of God. She told that voice to shut the hell up.

As she continued listening, it seemed to her that her suspicions might be true. On the outside, her face was rather calm. Inside though, she was boiling. She really hoped it was the same person she was thinking about.

"Your kid... he wouldn't happen to be an adult... kinda tall, really polite?" Say no, dammit, and I might not have to rage on you.
"Yes. You've seen him? Where is he? Is he all right?" The man seemed panicked. "I can't believe that I did what I did, but after I lost Leigh... I didn't feel like I was good enough to protect anyone. The church seemed a safe enough place to leave him at the time... I'd- I'd been drinking too. But I've quit now, entirely. Please, if my son is alive I want to see him."

At this point Squall stepped up, the small woman somehow having the largest presence in the area. She cleared her throat. "Way I see it, you left your son to die. Why would we want to give you another chance to abandon him? You're the worst kind of fella to leave family behind in a situation like that. But the Spirit judges you after you meet your fate, so... Since your son came in with Nora here, I'm giving her final say on if we should let you see him again."

Then, she turned toward Nora and awaited her judgement.

@Greenie

Reactions: Greenie
"Yes. You've seen him? Where is he? Is he all right?" The man seemed panicked. "I can't believe that I did what I did, but after I lost Leigh... I didn't feel like I was good enough to protect anyone. The church seemed a safe enough place to leave him at the time... I'd- I'd been drinking too. But I've quit now, entirely. Please, if my son is alive I want to see him."

At this point Squall stepped up, the small woman somehow having the largest presence in the area. She cleared her throat. "Way I see it, you left your son to die. Why would we want to give you another chance to abandon him? You're the worst kind of fella to leave family behind in a situation like that. But the Spirit judges you after you meet your fate, so... Since your son came in with Nora here, I'm giving her final say on if we should let you see him again."

Then, she turned toward Nora and awaited her judgement.

@Greenie
If Nora was being honest, she was glad that Squall spoke up. It was rather hard to think of someone abandoning their own child, but then one who clearly needed his help? To top it off, the 'child' clearly love his father! It made Nora feel both angry and sad, and it was an effort for her not to let it show on her face.

Aw s***, she thought when Squall looked her way. She supposed it made sense that she decide what was to be done, seeing she had brought him there. Well... more like they found the place together. She chewed on the inside of her cheek for a moment before speaking.

"You're lucky Gerard still loves you," she told him, grey eyes looking in his, trying to see if he was really sincere. "I don't think he should go anywhere with you. He has a job now and he's living with people who'll keep him safe." She let out a breath. "I suppose it would be fine if you saw him though."​

Last edited:
"Looks like these chubby lil' kitty-cats might just want some fish..." Dom whispered to himself, eyeing the boat he could now confirm as a satellite of the big paddle-wheel. He was chewing on his lip and running his finger around Agnes' trigger guard over and over, as he always did when he was nervous.

He heard York tell Chelsea that she should try and slip behind the upcoming wall of debris unnoticed, and if they succeeded, continue on into any alcove they could reach. He was theorizing about them being open-air hangers or something similar, but Dom wasn't paying him any attention; He was squinting hard at their "friends" trying to discern any recognizable shapes or lens flare off binoculars/fishscales.

@Michale CS @Xytheus

Reactions: Michale CS
@Michale CS @Saint Allison

Tobias grew fidgety. He didn't know what else to do at this point. He decided to wait. If the fishing crew approached close to the ship it would confirm his suspicions enough for him to confront them. He turned to Hank and the other guard. "Wait for them to get closer to the wreck. Oh, and if anyone asks, you're from the militia, not the food storage." With that they sat and waited.

Reactions: Michale CS
He heard York tell Chelsea that she should try and slip behind the upcoming wall of debris unnoticed, and if they succeeded, continue on into any alcove they could reach. He was theorizing about them being open-air hangers or something similar, but Dom wasn't paying him any attention; He was squinting hard at their "friends" trying to discern any recognizable shapes or lens flare off binoculars/fishscales.
They angled for the debris, and while the Colonel was now no longer in view, the other boat had drifted with the current just enough to keep them in sight, for now. And after all of the squinting... someone in that group seemed familiar somehow... it almost seemed like he recognized one of the guys on that boat...

@Saint Allison

Tobias grew fidgety. He didn't know what else to do at this point. He decided to wait. If the fishing crew approached close to the ship it would confirm his suspicions enough for him to confront them. He turned to Hank and the other guard. "Wait for them to get closer to the wreck. Oh, and if anyone asks, you're from the militia, not the food storage." With that they sat and waited.
They indeed approached closer to the ship, and if Tobias' and his men didn't get on this soon, they'd lose that other boat behind a wall of what used to be the USS Fort Worth, as her wreckage ended up tangled up with one especially large section of Invader ship debris that had broken off from the main vessel.

@Xytheus

~~OOC~~
Check the PM Convo for the group.

"You're lucky Gerard still loves you," she told him, grey eyes looking in his, trying to see if he was really sincere. "I don't think he should go anywhere with you. He has a job now and he's living with people who'll keep him safe." She let out a breath. "I suppose it would be fine if you saw him though."​
He let out a sigh of relief. "I'll help. Whatever you're doing here, I'll help out."

"Then salvage, man. Salvage. Come with me. You and I, we're going to do some of the more grisly work here." Squall grinned wickedly at the man, then changed her tone entirely when turning her attention to Nora.

"Nora cherie, can you take the others to the concession stand areas of the stadium, and see if they had any salvageable food or utensils there? Even the popcorn and popcorn oil. Any sealed containers of that won't have gone rancid, even in this time. Gather anything you find near the entrance, and wait for... what was your name, sir? -"

"Henri, ma'am."

"Henri and I to return. Don't worry, I'm sure the locker room showers still work for after we get messy..."

Henri gulped, and looked at once disgusted and a bit frightened at that comment of Squall's.

@Greenie

Reactions: Greenie
He let out a sigh of relief. "I'll help. Whatever you're doing here, I'll help out."

"Then salvage, man. Salvage. Come with me. You and I, we're going to do some of the more grisly work here." Squall grinned wickedly at the man, then changed her tone entirely when turning her attention to Nora.

"Nora cherie, can you take the others to the concession stand areas of the stadium, and see if they had any salvageable food or utensils there? Even the popcorn and popcorn oil. Any sealed containers of that won't have gone rancid, even in this time. Gather anything you find near the entrance, and wait for... what was your name, sir? -"

"Henri, ma'am."

"Henri and I to return. Don't worry, I'm sure the locker room showers still work for after we get messy..."

Henri gulped, and looked at once disgusted and a bit frightened at that comment of Squall's.

Nora gave Squall a small smile before nodding as she listened to what the older woman told her to do. It was easy enough work, and seeing the look on the man -Henri-'s face was quite satisfactory. Still didn't make her feel any less upset at the man. Hopefully he changed. God might forgive him but it took humans a longer time to.

Soon enough, she and a few others in the group were headed to the concession stands. It took a bit of searching but they managed to find some goodies. A rare grin showed on Nora's face when she founds a bag full of ketchup and mustard packets. Well, it was a hotdog and burgers stand so it made sense.

By the time they were done, they had found the following.
  1. Ketchup and mustard packets​
  2. A bag full of salt​
  3. Gravy powder probably used for poutine​
  4. A couple of huge cans of beans​
  5. and finally a large back filled with styrofoam boxes.​

@Michale CS @Saint Allison

When the fishing vessel continued to glide towards the wreck Tobias' suspicions were confirmed. He was still uneasy, but he was likely to lose them if he waited anymore. "Ok, I think that boat might be our thieves. Grab your guns but keep them lowered, and out of sight. Oh, and look friendly. We're gonna perform a "routine" traffic stop." The two guards began to paddle towards the craft. When they got within earshot Tobias stood up and spoke softly with his political charm. "Gentlemen, catch anything yet? We're with the militia. In accordance with new city legislature we'd like to board your fine vessel and ensure that you are fishing safely and considerately."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.