Two May enter one May leave, Space Scif RP vs Mecha/Fantasy (Anime)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Which of these RP's would you rather I focus my efforts on for now?

• Aurelian Wars

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Demon Rust

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • *Mexican Girl* Why not both? :/ (Why do you want me to work hard?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • These Ideas are bad and you should feel bad. (That's like your opinion man.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedArmyShogun

Runs with Axes
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Online Availability
Varies, but often.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Greetings all, sorry this isn't about Mad-Max. Given I'm terribly short on RP's I decided I would make one rather than waiting on someone else to do so. The problem here is I have two ideas I wish to pursue, one is a project I had active twice on another rp forum but couldn't get much interest for, the other is a new concept I came up with in part from a misunderstanding in a chat and asked myself "Why not?"

Now time for that sales pitch, also I am looking for Co-GM's for this, I have a few people in mind I wish to ask but if you would like to apply please message me.

In addition so this is out of the way; Posting expectations will be at least three paragraphs, all face claims should be anime based or at the least art/game CGI of an acceptable style, additional rules may apply depending on rp chosen. Posting expectations are twice to once a week for the time being, with more activity being welcomed. Also as a note this will be a long term RP hopefully.

Anyways the two choices you have my prospective minion, err member;​

Aurelian Wars

A Brief* Overview

geGFc_KVRnuu9tSXsqJTD_Zpi3PlPE--ZsayCPuHlR-qhW6urmKyeH3FC92V7je1v-C170szM9I4ffNiScbGdP42a4tSWQUKDAzjaLiVL7v4xuYFq4PnOUimTVVHdNzxnpzrifiilIWpRaZ3HLjEtIh8kShvdYzBMgCIKEekTLOKGjyKMFwByKQQ_kgiD1Y7XZE1MfvDRUVKAayTiu1zcQzUPXyzOD5uVIpdraK7eaiVuhXdha-KxZnvCip-4CJmnD22c-6p_y16CZi9pV324GlNnihAbP4E7KefU2I7bMc_DWzPtlVG-ULgz2J4OobioCgdaKz7IPUe8rJLrfhl28Cc0OUOngqor-gR07TB99XvoLMEKtCinL_fhzr6sjbDC7tTxF8sHMWryCj_FE5qDiUP-IvoZALVQla1ZDOjnFcIsWfH-F9-sacp1lUhx37NJBAnF4DQYrbaLMtn-msEgwU6_Iv0DHzfef5LHJsk6tSh-wwkYiUzEr_UI0tNmTcI0rKuTAfojFBdNg0qdZ1ueptwSFp2xuXDLDdkjjWuHyU_Z_p2rb-QvotzFYsqybKd_ew6OQg24d6a_4iZlla39Siwkv-PZNeytlwxXh6yftGo9x_wSp2l5h5zspVprKBtSq6K_3zoLSDOypj23XefomTyzzEVF47S5yCL=w1118-h351-no

Set in the far future Man has seeded the Stars far from his beloved Mother Earth, aboard a Generation Ship three hundred years ago we discovered a startling Truth, we are not Alone... And what met us were very much human, from the Nimble and Proud Alvar, the Industrious Mountain Dwelling Johtun, the small and petite and hyper intelligent Nym, or the wild if well meaning Vin.

With the passage of time the Humans in the Aurelia Sector would link hands in friendship forming the Aurelian Kingdom Alliance; Centered on the Crown Jewel of Aurelia Prime.

Flag.jpg

big_8327_oboi_planeta_zemnogo_tipa.jpg

Founded on a Constitutional Monarchy each of the Five races played a part among its 28 Star systems and 12 Major Worlds, but not all would stay as it were;

n5TYpeE.png

trantor_by_gouie.jpg

brunettes%20clouds%20cityscapes%20dress%20futuristic%20long%20hair%20ribbons%20brown%20eyes%20spaceships%20skyscapes%20anime_www.wallpaperhi.com_47.jpg

Soon the invention of FTL Travel would allow the Terran Bound humans to expand and to catch up with their long lost brothers and much had changed in the previous centuries, Earth was no longer a blue Marble but an Urban Giant, Corporations rushed to the Aurelian sector and beyond to reap the harvest and bountiful resources under the Flag of the Democratic United Earth Federation. Obsessed with advanced Technologies and consumerist needs, the UEF was bound to Form frictions with others... Eventually culminating in the Rebellion Wars where over half of UEF space was lost to;

ufBXQGK.png

The Silvarian Holy Galactic Empire
Neither Holy nor truly Galatic, it is none the less an Empire that prides it's self upon a Religious order that preaches the power of the strong and Human Supremacy. Formed in the wake of the Great rediscovery and in retaliation to the UEF's policies the Silvarian's are highly religious, militant and generally hostile, with slightly more than the Galactic Human population under it's thumb, the Empire believes might makes right and Strength of numbers with a large Army and Navy that counts on heavy firepower and numbers, rather than Technology and Tech, home to a planet as hostile as it's Governance the Empire is known for oppression and the enslavement of the Lesser Races.
pgs2.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

With such challenges and being heavily outnumbered with great possibilities for expansion the Kingdom finds it's self in a galatic tug of war, playing off the two major powers and the Neutral zone, given it cannot match the raw numbers of the two dominate factions, civic Service is a requirement for all adults in the Kingdom, three years of their life must be slated to service in the Militia to open up various future paths to them. This Militia units also operate as ad-hoc PMC Squads, working for public governments, the Kingdom and even at times the other two factions to garner money and military experience for the Kingdom. Because of this great sacrifice tremendous funds are given to develop the public works and infrastructure of the Aurelian Sector by the Kingdom.

The Purpose of the RP and how it will be played out.

Over the course of the RP you may choose one of the following races; (others are possible or on the back burner but deemed not of importance)

• Human (duh)
  • Alvar (Space Elfs)
  • Jotun (Giant humanoids that are in industrial terms like Dwarves)
  • Vym (Loli/shouta like races to qualify on FC's that are a little too young for conscription.)
  • and the Vin (Who are basically humans with some animal features, IE cat/wolf girls)
Once that is picked you'll be placed in the Militia, given the Galatic nature of this RP allowing players into the other two factions does not appeal to me. I may reconsider if it's requested enough. But then we'll have a class System, this won't be anything too fancy, things like Engineers, Shock Troopers, Scouts, etc This will determine the armor load-out and weapons your PC shall have. In addition each class will have two subclasses you'll unlock in time with more advanced and specialized gear.

In addition in this rp you will be starting out, with exception of some GM and Co-GM pc's as basic conscript recruits fresh from basic training. You are no elite squad, you do not have power armor. You have the finest (or cheapest) Equipment your world can provide.

d72dbf49489b8d6f6b2bafbb3495bdc9.jpg

You will however over the course of the RP end up in jobs and political intrigues that will lead to your Platoon/Squad becoming an Elite Unit with the best equipment in the Galaxy in time, but for now I rather give you cause to grow. This is a story of basic soldiers who start out fighting pirates at the ass end of the Galaxy, to Exo-suited Juggernauts who may very well decide the fate of all Humanity. This RP will operate partially around small squad tactics rather than one man Armies. Mind you I won't be tooo strict with this and will have a discord with some helpful terms in it.

In regards to Gear and capabilities of the Technology think of Halo meets Mech Warrior, I have Ground forces and Fleets planned for all three factions but that might not show up in my lore section depending.

Now Moving on we have for the 2nd choice;

Demon Rust

A Brief Overview

In a world not much unlike our own of the name Enwind, Humans, Elves and Dwarves share a temperate world of varying climents, cultures and nations.

It also has Magic, borne of the Elements, Crystals as numerous as the Rainbow that can unleash the powers of, Wind, Water, Fire, Earth, Light, Shadow and Electric... Unfortunately the Peace would not remain. With Great power.. Normally comes something even greater to ruin your day. On the far edges of the Western Continent monsters and beasts have risen from slumber. Be they dragons, demons, bugs, punishment from the Aether it's self no man knows.

aranas-gigantes-tokio.jpg

1306414352884.jpg

Regardless of form they range from the size of men to the size of absurdity, the Kingdoms of the Western Continent were first to fall to the beastly horde, being held off by the Kingdom of Valizar in what would become known as "The Corridor". Many brave men and women died here wielding powerful magics to hold the horde at bay, but there is but so much one nation can do when it must protect a route into three other major land masses.. Pleading for assistance and reminding all nations of the Threat it faced should Valizar Fall, a miracle was found upon the Elimination of larger than man sized beasts, the hearts over flowed with rechargeable Aether... With the Aid of Dwarven Metal Workers and the Elven Mages and Human ingenuity it was soon discovered reactors could be made from the beasts...

LoOmG8bugHiYS-OTx-hTjeMzgLKrZAZfHcfNA40i0BgaYKAprtIoZSwlKSDNH8HTRCd5UNuncnKGqmZD8CsDhig2LWoF6KNUx1PyjqaU7a5Dqb2rp3UFX56tC4LJZ21EclJNauYorfQ4jskNgfLYVZ5HhkP5_0JvfShu9bBe3jBNwHx82SXGF6PjjG9dJSk7AWD96mqBznuZsXeuZsXKlr-neeXnf_6AhRkGgVj8yf4YKUXNz727_f5QGT8-yuei57IhslDMUWcQxpiSsT7d4VqpqmVpadewcmGXVLNnKIcUNFU9vS8YQdEATKpbCDEZzSbVDNfx0VD9lxFfdqfo8q6Bt48rEIzqNuruhmFufd2-MRayRJweqj6fPW3avqH2xW46KF5OKTr8QEeZKOqN74iB3KcaL9KvqbycEjsWSWQUxo6BQm9UV7fjSWdkJthvfPXGaF3tmuUEGKftcVpsWL-K_gr0KqX0zb-iLNXBuONIXUkduMldoHWdxxaw7qP-NOU2OwvprukJNwCdjXqczEBz6LFQ-UZW9W64iUgavxLj9sejA43z4VdoYnzQ3SExbrjVs0wgAojqV45-TMZhChCy6o6KcH0fk_pMRRDgaqcPV13hJwBk4A-LPoC9fm44Ghby0DFpJX6Fe9iFG1s4ybcpGG4VUlCcv0PA=w728-h415-no

QJ4tQ3d_a9_gXp--fJ_75s2KTA1a1JmuK0SW8ufNsju5jd2IPDG_YBSraqcHHOhhzikCwUyJM3hra7H2bnEDQP1N4Xm7olad4hZ1Ypicnvk5H9NzG2zzy5D17O7AOPf77FZITeeSn6RFpBDKQyB3axMrJa51tV0GyFTV8CPlJd43RBJiCLtzBG9kCQZUsOMO-eCYG9D0FktlcxGRM-NxdfVSvCAKeNJrquB83RyqEC13pDkGe2SC3KLdQXvSdF5kVOm0bm5USEYesW5oKKESKKbA5u67N2-GOB7I9wy3nC3CGWXAMuywYFqHTv5Uv4Y-Nnax1x8WBzFtFxTs-dqx2GEtfKLjgEG0gx578LCo6VSMMwIAVBrT8nRCs0O6oalKOgUA5zrkmWDIDAohSewQL4yIsLO8ppcQIvTUFTaRA9yYmWLeuO86s3urHjsy4gJCDGtT7QumiX0_am4i0w3d4LS3SrIRe-_wN3k9GZBt9OTeP5l3cAxTAxjTP7zUUZgO4w8WKTWdkJ_0wPW6A8lg7-NUTTEfa1bAjWeaYN5UN4Rz2VRqwoidetwUO2R-ooNx466r8w9zC7OMkYkasYBnCtvStZw2UF8UTUKPlq6LJr_uIGuyZU4et6g-mLeNYeptKU_7blE04dgs9VhNQp61Bfk25f8BxvicmR0=w640-h397-no

wallhaven-358382.jpg

Man would soon take to the skies given the dangers of raids on land or the threats at Sea and More Importantly, they would Fight the Demon Beasts on equal footing.. Litterally with the Advent of the Titan Knights, Mechanical constructs piloted by men and women and fueled by the energies of the very beasts who wished them all dead.

So that is where you come in, Valizar still exists, but are you Really cut out for Iron Slayers Corps? We are the best of the best, a multinational Unit made up of the best pilots and Mages the world has to offer, or maybe just the most stupid or brave. Fifty Years have since passed since those bastards emerged from the Earth killing a great many people and turning a huge chunk of the Western Landmass into a miasma coated hell. They took the Seas from us, but we gained Wings and the means to knock them down to size. But with us Sell Sword Companies doing the battles the other nations have grown complacent, forgotten who our enemy is, will they stir to action? Well what do I know, I'm just a humble Mercenary, but this war cannot continue.

unknown.png

The Purpose of this RP and how it will be played out.

In general this RP is based around Mecha Combat and an enemy of unknown origin that pretty much will stop at nothing to see the other races dead. Players may be either a Mage or a "Titan Knight" Pilot, races are Dwarves, Humans and Elves.

Over the course of this RP some Muv-Luv style politics and general stupidity will playout with a focus on saving the planet as part of a battle hardened PMC Company, though some of you will likely be new pilots and mages if you like, technology in this world has made considerable advances in Aeronautics, Mecha and some basic Quality of Life items, but overall the Technology level ranges from 1850 to 1950. Most things operate on the principle of Aether absorption and manipulation. For example, refrigeration exists but not in the way we know it. A lot of people still travel by horse and cart, Vidya Games are not a thing.

Overall in this RP Mecha are preferred, but I know that's not everyones thing, we'll have smaller weapons and Mecha's I encourage you to customize and be a little freeform, just remember the technological level here. They won't have things that look amazingly advanced like a TSF or Macross Fighter and overly Organic is also unlikely. I'll include a few samples below of the range of acceptability I'll allow. In general it's Robots and Big EXPLOSION!!!, for everyone against all sorts of monsters that want to eat you, for a PMC unit that finds it's self on the forefront of some pretty huge things in time.

Mecha

Knights-and-_Magic-_Mecha-_Visual-_Arcanba-001-20170525.jpg

kuromukuro_kuromukuro_drawn_by_sakusakusakurai_5af3d2f14849b2.jpg

sazabi_char_s_counterattack_and_gundam_drawn_by_mousanjiq_sam.jpg

(using did boi)
original_drawn_by_karamas_sample-d0c4263b730b9a3947d2b286a433.jpg
Well that's it I think, also yes you can have Romance but keep in mind both of these rp's are namely war and combat focused, while I considered making a Slice of Life RP again it just doesn't interest me at present. If you have any questions or want more of explanations please ask. Keep in mind depending on the amount of Lore I might end up writing it may take me a few days to make this, but I WILL make it, baring Death or I'm locked up somewhere. Membership will be limited to a range I'll discuss with any co-gm's I pick up, while I'll call out others the general public is also free to add in comments or questions. Speaking of Co-Gm's I'll also need to speak with any I pick up to see how I want the story to flow outside of my basic idea. I'll let this linger for a couple days for replies/votes.

Now for callouts;

@Akashi @Skyswimsky @ERode @EmperorsChosen @FrostedCaramel @The Perfect Cadence @Lunar Scope @Yzmael @Karyra @DurkPut @Jakers

As an edit, please pm me or post in the thread what you voted for, I can always link the RP here when it's done, but callouts for the ooc/character index is also effective.

Last edited:
How pitiful. So many mentions but not a single response.

Well we have three votes so far all for the Mecha, so I have to play Guess who with who voted. That's fun.

I'm still interested! It seems like you put a lot of effort into these and it'd be a shame to see it get swept under the rug. Now i just need to choose one...

Demon Rust or Bust

Also as Emp asked this over Steam I'm adding it for future reading.

"What is the point of the mages if we have Mecha?"

Mecha generally specialize at fighting the larger types, man types are so numerous a Titan Knight would run out of energy or be overwhelmed if it tried to kill them all. So think of mages as Infantry supporting a Tank, Mages have great power and are a critical support asset to the Knights, and the Knights keep bigger threats that the Mages cannot deal with at bay. Airships provide transport and support to both sides.

In effect this forms the Critical Tirade of Support. Keep in mind there are poor sods fighting these smaller...and some large creatures with spears, swords and guns. Magic is the great Equalizer. It can lay waste to large segments of the horde, heal large amounts of allies and even operate in emergencies to give a Titan Knight a bit of a boost. They aren't the tank, but I've yet to see a Tank that didn't need infantry accompanying it.

I'm game for Demon rust

Hurrr hurrr hurr!

I HAVE ARRIVED!

Nya~

Anyways, I would love to Co-GM for this. Is there a resume I need to fill out?

Hurrr hurrr hurr!

I HAVE ARRIVED!

Nya~

Anyways, I would love to Co-GM for this. Is there a resume I need to fill out?

Not really, but I tend to operate on a limited consensus with my rp groups, if you have some prior experience to show or some stated interests/ideas to show it would help. I know minus you I've picked up one co-gm and there are one or two others who might be interested. At most I'll want two to three co-gm's. Just pm me what you got.

@Everyone.

Given the way the wind is blowing I'll be making the RP tomorrow likely. Baring a potential issue that might keep me out of the house or distracted. I'll give the rest of today to see if votes Change but Demon Rust seems to be the clear winner.

Please comment with what you voted for, or message me on discord/Steam if you rather do it that way. I rather not call everyone out when I throw up the OOC for bios, on that note though the general ooc will be hosted on Discord. A link will be posted once the final decision has been reached.

@The Perfect Cadence I had the other two respond before you, so for now we'll stay at two co-gm's unless I suddenly get like 10 people. I'll keep you in mind though, would you like an early link to the discord or rather wait till I have the ooc up on that note?

Last edited:
"What is the point of the mages if we have Mecha?"

Mecha generally specialize at fighting the larger types, man types are so numerous a Titan Knight would run out of energy or be overwhelmed if it tried to kill them all. So think of mages as Infantry supporting a Tank, Mages have great power and are a critical support asset to the Knights, and the Knights keep bigger threats that the Mages cannot deal with at bay. Airships provide transport and support to both sides.
"Why have warforged/golems, and have mages/wizards?" is pretty much how that question looks to me. While I'm on the fence with outright declaring interest, I would say you've got some cool ideas here for this joint, Red, and I'm looking forward to see what you do with it.

• Thank You
Reactions: RedArmyShogun
Eh, we have seven votes to 2, I'll save my data on Aurelia but the people have spoken, with luck just maybe I can push out the ooc stuff today.

Sure, gimme discord.

Depending on circumstances, I may end up being interested; so keep me in the loop, Red. You know to get a hold of me. Anyway, I need to work on this CS for one of Alaska's games, so I'll be doing that. Well, that and my Nano entry.

I've got a feeling people are gonna start hating me if I turn Emilia into a force lightning wielding half elf...

Yahhh maybe I should.. muu huu huu

Status
Not open for further replies.