Troublemakers (School Roleplay with a Twist!)

The period was about to end, and the math teacher cleared his throat in a way that caused Brooke to snap to attention and meet his gaze.
"You may already know who you are tutoring or being tutored by, but the administration told us to hand these out at the end of the first period, since there's a study hall coming up.." He droned. Brooke accepted an envelope from the teacher, streamline and white with a wax seal on the center. It was more official then anything Brooke had ever seen.

She gently tore the paper, carefully avoiding the wax and opened her paperwork.

Her name was written in prim calligraphy at the top of the page, the ink flowed across the page from the 'B' to the 'e'. She smiled, and scanned the page.

"...will be tutoring Trent Holt..."

Brooke groped blindly through her bag, retrieving her planner and writing across the first page "Tutoring: Trent Holt." A name she currently didn't recognize, but hopefully soon would.

The last parts of reality fell into place as the student tried to figure out who was who, The end of class beckons.

*Jean watched the clock, before packing his stuff and heading towards the door.*

Don't waste time in the class meet people who don't want to talk to you when the lesson is already over, the day moves on without remorse, so must I.

Brooke strode to her next class, which supposedly was study hall, where she would meet the delinquent who she would be tutoring.
She was surprised to see that the classroom was set up oddly, mini tables with two chairs were scattered around the room, spaced far apart. There was no teachers desk directly in the room, but Brooke suspected that there would be one in the small office that overlooked the room.

She took a seat in one of the chairs near the back, watching as students streamed in, wondering which one was Trent Holt.

Study hall. Not a hall, but a classroom with a smattering of windows similar to the study room Ambridge had spent her morning in. Most of the kids sitting down Ambridge recognized from the prior math class, considering how few students had enrolled in the social-experiment high-school. With a touch of pride, Ambridge happily noted that she could even recite a few students names that she hadn't even met.

She wandered in, taking an unclaimed seat in the middle of the room, since Violet clearly had not arrived yet. She pulled out her laptop and read through the notes she'd written earlier and added a few new ones before the tinny bell sounded.

*Trent remained seated at one of the desks.*

Having left the class on the bell I arrived before the others. My plan to conserve energy hadn't factored in one feat, I have no idea who is tutoring me, and no one knows my name. Watching the pairs build up was grueling, please let my tutor be a guy, a girl tutor would be a nightmare, just trying to talk to them would be hard so how would I pretend to study.

*He shifted nervously in his seat.*

Not finding out who my tutor is was a bad move, this is going to take up much more energy now.

So perhaps that 'ten minutes late at the most' streak is a complete lie. Robin, on the way to math class, scheduled to be with his roommate, finds yet another distraction. A girl by the name of Stephane, or at least he thinks it was Stephane, stopped him in the hallway, wanting to comment that his shirt is buttoned a whole button too high. Trying not to giggle too much as Robin flips his red tie over his shoulder and hastily starts to unbutton the myriad plastic buttons so that he can fix the light blue shirt. Knowing Robin, he spends the next fifteen minutes (on top of the ten he already wasted getting ready) slumped against the wall, chatting up the creme hair colored girl.

Finally some sense gets knocked into him when she bids him goodbye. To his knowledge, she seems like a typical girl with an alright body. Robin doesn't complain but he thanks her one more time before heading to math class. Waiting in the hallway for someone to leave the room, eventually a boy comes out to use the washroom and Robin immediately slips in, finding an empty desk while the teacher has his back turned. Thinking he has gotten away with being away for most of the period, he opens up his notebook, ignoring any sideways glances in his direction, and starts to scribble down whatever nonsense is on the board. He may even answer a question just so the teacher knows he is there but that's highly unlikely. Robin really wont answer unless called upon.

When the bell rings, the teacher asks Robin to stay while the rest of the class leaves. Groaning, he keeps himself rooted in his seat, copying down the rest of the brittle words written in chalk that rests on the board. Another damn lecture. And so it is. The teacher questions him on why he is late and Robin immediately comes up with an excuse about his alarm being jumbled around in the suitcase of his, the alarm setting being too quiet for him to wake up on time. Robin can't help but smile when the teacher tells him to be careful and not let it happen again.

Waving goodbye, Robin shuffles his way back into the bustling hallway. He feels as if he is in a big city, the movement of other people making him speed up. It's unnecessary in his opinion to rush to his next class since it's only study hall. It's not like he will get detention for falling a tad bit behind for a class that has no letter grades.

Long legs were revealed as they stepped out from the small Volvo while a girl stood up and stretched her arms. Her body had gotten stiff from the long car ride. Her mother and father were already taking her luggage from the trunk of the car.

"Trista, come on, you're late," called her father.

And who's fault is that? Turning towards them she sauntered over behind the blue car, taking her camoflauge duffle bag from her dad.

"Honey, did you have to wear such a…revealing outfit," her mother chided.
"If you think this is revealing I'd hate to see what you thought of my other outfits," Tris retorted.

Horror crossed her mother's face as she turned towards her husband. "George, do you hear what your daughter is saying? I guess we do need the other luggage, bring my carry-on and give it to her."

Shaking his head, her dad handed her the other duffle bag. "I decided to bring this along. It's proper clothing because I had feared this would happen."

Frustrated, she quickly turned to her dad with pleading eyes.

"You absolutely cannot let her do this! Dad!" she complained in a small voice. "Dad, you're sending me away and forcing me into clothing that I'm not comfortable in. Please, I know I have more conservative clothing in my bag. Can't I just take both?"

She hoped her guilt trip of sorts would hopefully win her dad over. Hearing an exasperated sigh followed by short response, she knew she had won.

"This is why she turned out so screwed up; you give into her too easily," Janet muttered, angry at her husband. Feeling that her mother's jab would only provoke a fight the girl took this as her chance to leave. Taking a piece of gum out of her pocket and placing it into her mouth. I need a square. I can't believe I thought I would be able to quit cold turkey. This is my fifth piece today! At least my breath will smell minty.

"Well, I'm off to go see what this hellhole has to offer me," Tris hollered. Taking both of the duffle bags in one hand, she walked through the entry way making it a couple of yards away before hearing her dad bellow out, "Behave yourself, young lady! Remember you're still on probation!"

Ambridge tapped her foot, Violet's blonde curtain of hair had not appeared and the bell was seconds from ringing. She groaned, pulling out her textbooks. She decided to spend her time writing a study outline for Violet, which deep inside she knew would just end up a wrinkled ball in the bottom of her backpack, but at least writing it out would suffice as a form of studying for herself.

The room hummed with conversation, and Ambridge felt herself blush as she, surprisingly, was the only one sitting alone. She would have assumed more delinquents would skip out, but apparently not. She shrugged, staring down at her textbook, ignoring the world.

Tris managed to drag the two heavy duffel bags to the school and dropped them at the entrance to the front office. She was joined by one of the deans and two officers who took her luggage inside the dean's office and began to carry out a search. Tris sighed, knowing better and not bringing anything dangerous that would end up getting her expelled on her first day. "Ah, you must be one of the....delinquents," the dean spoke condescendingly, looking her up and down noticing her flashy clothes which were screaming for attention. "I'm sure the guidebook will inform you of our highly enforced dress code."
The older woman handed her a thick, blue paper booklet and another sheet of paper still warm and fresh from the printer which contained her class schedule and the name of the sad, pathetic person that would be stuck with her for a whole year. Ha, you expect me to read this thing? She diverted her gaze to the younger officer who seemed to be groping one of her pairs of underwear and cringed in disgust. The bell rang signalling the shift of classes.
"Now off you go," the dean said as the two officers shoved the two bags back to her small frame and began to push her out of her tiny office and into the crowded hall. "Two more tardies and that'll be one strike."
"She's very charming," Tris muttered to herself sarcastically.

Last edited by a moderator:
((Sorry I is late..had a really busy few days))

Violet wrote her notes in small scribbles that not many other people would understand. She folded her notes and slipped them into her bag, standing as most others had already left. She noticed Robin had to say, and she shook her head almost imperceptively. She ambled into the study hall just as the bell rang. She noticed Ambridge and sat down across from her, turning down her music and setting her bag in the floor. "Hi, again." She said. She looked up and pulled her hood back with a sigh. She rested her head in her hand. "What's that?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Meandering his way through the halls, Robin takes up every opportunity to stop before heading to study hall. If there is even a crack in the floor, his red and blue DC shoes stopping when he does. Holding his notebook up against his hip, Robin passes the main office on his way to his scheduled class. Not even noticing Tris exiting, he just shifts over to make more room between the other shuffling bodies. They're drones - mechanical beings with fake heartbeats and one track minds. The soulless tutors, smartasses in Robin's mind, forcing the "fun" of learning down throats much like his. They want to speak out but it never turns out the way they want. So after the first few attempts, Robin just stopped complaining and has conformed, on the outside, to what people want to see.

Pulling out his schedule from his breast pocket, Robin looks down to see the number of the room he should have arrived at by now. The bell rings and he is still just half way to the class. So he sails through the calm waters of the hallway now, his head mainly up and around instead of down like so many peers of his. Finally, he reaches the doorway and walks in, finally finding the name of his tutor on the paper.

"Yo, who is ..." he starts to say, flipping his paper over before reading the name in his mind. Assuming its correct, he finishes up what he is saying, "Who is Blair here?" Looking around the room, he recognizes the face of Violet and just nods to her with a smile before looking past her to the others.

"Oh!" Ambridge stutters in surprise. She notices that she habitually had covered her paper with her hand.
"I was just writing you a little study guide for math. I figured you might enjoy it more if you didn't have to read the whole book and just the key elements, proposed in a skimmable way. Ambridge smiled softly, flipping the paper around towards Violet and tapping her paper against a square of words.
"I'm hoping you'll read one of these small sections each day, as I write more. Since their so small you may find yourself reading more.." Ambridge raised her eyebrows into an impish grin and patted the paper.
"That's yours."

When no one answers him, a few faces turning around in their chairs to stare at the newcomer, Robin simply chews on the side of his lip then smiles. What a lucky day! My tutor isn't even here yet so I can just goof around for a whole period. Maybe she'll never come, this... he glances back down at the translucent yellow sheet of paper, Blair girl hasn't even come to the school yet. If I'm lucky, they won't find me a replacement. Such hopeful thoughts run through the young man's mind, his intention on studying and actually doing work very low.

Then his eyes spot a familiar face. His roommate, Trent, or at least he thinks that the guy's name, is sitting near the bookshelves in the corner of the room. I guess I should say hello or something... Robin considers, not really sure if he wants to be all 'buddy buddy' with his roommate or not. He has heard stories, from eavesdropping in on conversations, that it's best just to be kind to your roommate but not actually become friends. Then that's when the real troubles start. It's best if they can shout at one another when shit goes wrong and not have to worry about their 'friendship' playing into the mix. But, hell, it's the first day. Who cares!

"Yo man. Turns out I got to class on time today after nearly running you over on our doorstep. You waiting for your tutor too? This Blair chick isn't here so hell, maybe we both really lucked out and won't be having tutors," taking a seat, he places his notebook down along with the ink pen, "Oh," he remembers what he asked earlier - about going into town -, "Did you think about it? The town expedition tonight. Huh? It'll be fun. I promise you that." Robin smiles, his white teeth showing this time.

Violet titled her head to look at the paper. She noticed Robin and smiled slightly, only slightly. She scanned over the paper. "Okay." She folded it neatly and set it in her binder. I won't use it though..but it can stay there. She wasn't one to make a mess, but she certainly wasn't one to study, or work hard for anything. Except her writing..but she didn't show anyone that.

Lilting music flowed through the halls of the school... Low and lulling... But gone unnoticed in the bustle of the first bell rush, and even later, as the students sat in their classrooms, the thick doors holding out the slowly changing music... Even as the second bell rang and the supposed study hall began the music continued on unheard. It was only to those in the halls, and with good hearing that might have heard his music seeping from the secluded music room which he had found earlier in the day.

Lyr had arrived the day before, though he hadn't bothered to report to the dorms... not yet at least. He had first went in search of the music room, hoping that in such an odd experiment the school might have opted for the best of facilities... he had not been disappointed with the music room at least. It had been set up like a mini concert hall, a central stage where a piano sat, unused, and the seats arranged around upon steps so that each line of seating was slightly elevated compared to those before... And the ceiling... tall and beautiful, sounds carrying perfectly. Truth be told he had already become more comfortable here than he thought he could be anywhere else and, in the end, he had fallen asleep there, his head resting upon his bags.

Only in the morning, when the sun had come through the window and brushed his cheek, did he awake... But he hadn't felt like going to class... His fingers itched to play, and he was more than happy to oblige them. And so he had taken his violin from its case, gave it a little tune, and begun. The sound that had come out was a slow and sad... yet full of promise. He let out a small smile...

"Just like me eh?"

His happy days of wandering with his parents were over... But... Here there was a chance for new beginnings and new relations... He passed the first bell and never even heard it... by second bell his fingers ached, but he still could not quite bring himself to stop and head on to his tutoring... It just didn't feel right, not getting out the frustrations and emotion... He sighed knowing he very well might end up being there all day if no one interrupted him...

(Once again sorry for not posting before T-T *Left this open so that lil Tris can come and bring his morning emotion session to a screeching halt ;)

Brooke stood up and approached the teacher. It barely took him time to find "Trent Holt" in the directory and find his school photo. The teacher directed her to him, and she noticed he had been sitting near her during math. He seemed incredibly shy, but he had a friendly face. A jock-like guy sat across from him, flashing Trent a smile Brooke was sure got him plenty of women and making small talk. She stood in front of them, awkwardly, running a hand across her bleached bangs and clutching her backpack strap. She pulled out her planner and flipped to the page she'd written
"Tutoring: Trent Holt" on it and held it out to Trent during a lull in their conversation.

"Hey, I'm Brooklyn. Or Brooke. I'm assigned to tutor you." She smiled slightly, pulling her sleeves down over her wrists. No need to give them an eyeful of scars.

Tris rolled her eyes at the blonde boy and sighed.
Though she had open her mouth to retort "I was being sarcastic", she realized she had two heavy duffel bags that she would rather have a nice stranger carry for her than to drag them herself. She quickly flashed a smile, blinking her eyes a bit, and brushed her bangs to the side.
"Do you mind?" she asked shyly and pointed to her luggage. "I'm a bit new here, so I could use the help..."
Frustrated and impatient, Tris was already itching to get her hands on a smoke. She didn't exactly feel very welcome to the school, yet she kept all her nasty comments and remarks to herself despite being used to running her mouth all the time and saying anything that came to mind.

*Trent smiled at his room mate as he took a seat opposite him.*

This guy doesn't know me well enough yet, so it cant be helped. Going out to town would be a giant waste of energy and it is not something I have to do, the idea of it is completely ridiculous.

"Hey man, Uhhh, going out on the town really isn't my thing. Sorry."

Never thought I would say this, but I was relieved to see my tutor. That is, until I looked up. A girl, and a pretty one at that, I am going to learn nothing this year, I cant even look her in the eye.

*Trent looks up and then quickly down.*

"Oh, hey, I, I am Trent............"

Robin considers arguing with his new roommate but after a brief thought to himself, he thinks better of his actions. Holding up a hand, the man smiles, trying to play it off as 'not a big deal' even though he wants to shout at Trent for being such a damn pussy. Is it the fact that it's off limits? Hell, that very fact is what makes it ten times better! Shaking his head, Robin knows that Trent will be missing out. Oh well, he will just have to find another, more chill, guy to cause havoc with.

"That's cool, no worries. Really," Offering another smile, Robin looks at Brook, a brow raising. "Say, why are you named after a burb? That's like naming a kid Soho or Chinatown," Robin laughs, offering his hand to the blonde girl, "I'm just jerking your chains, girl. Don't take it personally. Just an unusual name, that's all. Not that unusual isn't cool because it can be but...." Robin pauses, trying to think of how else he can get himself out of this tight spot. He doesn't want to be too much of a dick on the first day, "Yeah, well, you two have fun and I'll talk to you later Trent. Peace. See you around Brookie!" Patting Brook on the shoulder, he makes his way across the room. Preferably as far away as he can get with his back facing the blonde girl.

After the minutes pass, he becomes quite antsy, squirming in his chair and so forth. Looking at time slowly tick by, he gathers his things and simply exits the room. His tutor isn't going to be showing up, that much he is sure, so neither will he. The next few weeks are spent slacking, cutting classes, day drinking, night drinking, until eventually he is called to the principals. There, he is all but civil, getting his own one way ticket out of the program and school.

Last edited: