Troublemakers (School Roleplay with a Twist!)

Violet turned as someone spoke. "Almost class time, about ten minutes until." She said, sliding her hands in her pocket. "You look like you've been busy." she added.

Snapping his fingers, Robin slides his hands through his hair again, his breath finally settling down to an acceptable pace. A hand goes to his hip, the other one to his chest. Pulling the polyester fabric of his jersey, trying to get some air to his chest. Her words only make the man more anxious, reaching out to pat her shoulder with his long fingers. His height, supporting his growing framework, is the reason he is a wide receiver, his long fingers also allowing him to reach up further and grab the football.

"Thanks, thanks a lot," pausing for another moment, Robin takes notice of her bright blonde hair and flared lashes. Robin half expected every one of these girls to have glasses and braces, pencils behind their ears and skirts well below their knees. Instead, he has bumped into Violet. Pretending to rub his nose against his bicep, he attempts to check if he smells too ripe from his run. To his surprise, he can't smell anything too off-putting, just yesterday's application of deodorant. It's fading but still strong enough to mask most of the sweat.

Even though he is wasting time talking to this girl when he knows he should be running to his dorm, jumping in the shower, and getting to class, such bores can wait. The girl is young, yes, but that doesn't mean Robin can't have a friendly chat.

"What's your name, beautiful?" Robin finally finds the clock, looking up as people walk past him. Nine minutes.

"Violet." she said. "You are?" She asked, shutting off her music. She pulled the headphones into her pocket and tilted her head a little. I guess I should get to know the people here so I know who to watch out for. She thought to herself. She knew her bad habits would probably cause problems with other, certain students.

"Violet? That's a type of flower is it not? A..." Robin squints for a moment, "Viola sororia of the violaceae family, hm? A common violet flower," looking from the strands of hair on top of her head down to her shoulders, he smiles, "And yet, I don't see you sprouting little purple pedals. You must hide them quite well." Realizing the stupidity of his own joke, Robin is the first to roll his eyes at himself, huffing slightly, "Well, yeah, great to meet you, Violet."

Offering his hand for hers, Robin gives a starry smile, "Robin Butler." Nodding his head to the doorway, he licks his lips, "What class you waiting for, here? Doesn't look to be too much fun with all these grim faces," shooting an arm out, he diverts her gaze with his open palm to the other half asleep teenagers who call Roosevelt their home. "Must be math or something absolutely horrid."

Violet nodded and smiled a little at his joke. "Yes, I guess I do pretty well hiding the petals." She said jokingly, but her smile evaporated and returned to her neutral face. She shook his hand gently. "Nice to meet you. And yes, I am waiting on math." She said. "I hate math."

Robin is relieved to see that he got a smile, or half a smile, at his stupid jokes. It counts for something in his books. Any way he can get a girl to laugh or giggle and he feels good about himself. It is always so hot when they pretend they aren't laughing when they're really dying inside. Perhaps being part of his plan or not, Robin gives her a thumbs up, seeming to be in quite the chipper mood.

"Well, good luck, I hear if you have Mr. Kramp, you'll have an easy go. That's just the word on the street though. What sort of math?" Glancing back to the clock, Robin bites his lip in a subtle way, deciding right at that very moment if he wants to be late or not. Shrugging, he figures it won't be the end of the world, he is a transfer student after all. It's easy being the first day because nearly every teacher, especially the young females, always let students off the hook. It's a simple, I couldn't find the classroom. And every worry fades when they just tell you to sit down. So Robin gets comfortable, leaning up against the wall with his shoulder, his arms crossing over his wide chest.

"Grade level Algebra." Violet replied. She relaxed a little as the crowd thinned, feeling not so claustrophobic. "And I'll take that into consideration." She added, referring to his comment on Mr. Kramp. "What class are you headed for?"

"Grade level Algebra I feel is the best one out of all the options you could be taking. As long as you know how to solve the equations you should be good to go." Robin tries to remember his freshman course but that was a different school with lower expectations and hardly any teachers who actually cared if students aren't doing well. At the school, he knows professors will assign tutors and Robin dreads having a crutch to lean on. If only he cared more, perhaps he would do better in his classes. But, being the student that he is, he easily glides through his courses without a single worry. If he fails a test or quiz, so what, the next one he'll blow off just as much.

"Oh and get this. At my last school, none of the Math department actually came from this country. They were all foreigners who barely spoke English. Now that I think of it," he strokes the stubble covering his chin, "they were all also from Eastern Europe. Austria, Russia, Germany... you name it. Learning from them was next to impossible." Robin starts to laugh, "And this one teacher with a really long Russian sounding last name, something like..." Robin starts to make a few clustered sounds, making sure it sounds at least Russian-esk. Perhaps he ends with a -vich or -vina. "And when she said 'sheets' her accent made it sound like she was saying 'shits'."

Answering her previous question before he bursts out into another quiet chuckle, Robin shrugs, "Class? Hm, I would have to see that schedule thing we were handed when we unpacked from our dorms. Say, are you in South House? My roommate is pretty chill - we talked a bit last night but I was pretty out of it. Just unpacked, talked with Trent for a bit and then K.O.'d."

Violet shrugged at the idea of math being easy. She shook her head scornfully, but playfully at his tried Russian Name. "I don't think that spubds quite right, but good job trying. You should check your schedule. Skipping class will only make you more time to work with a tutor." She said, the word tutor coming out like an unwanted seed. "I don't know, didn't pay attention." She said truthfully. All she had done was wandered the halls and memorized directions before going to bed, only having unpacked what she needed for the next day, leaving her stuff in the floor.

"Nah, tutors don't scare me. Plus, who says I'll be needing one? I'm sure the teacher just won't give." Robin shrugs, pushing his arm off the stone wall of the old building, "Plus I can always say I got lost, that always works. Being a transfer student has its perks. I could hardly find the field this morning, had to speak to some guys at the commons, or whatever they called it, to be pointed in the right direction. Guess that's what makes me so late finishing up my run," sniffing, he rubs his nose before itching his side.

"Well, I best heed your warning and skiddattle before more trouble finds me. Nice to meet you Violet and Im sure we'll see one another around since the campus isn't all that big lookin'." thinking about it again, Robin shakes his head from left to right, "Well, maybe its a decent size but we ought to recognize each others faces now that we've officially met. Strange how that always happens, hm? You could pass by the same person every single day of your life and hardly notice them but then there is that one party where you finally are introduced to one another and then.. bam! You see 'em all around the place."

Nodding his head, Robin bids his adieu's and starts to weave his way through the people. With only five or so minutes left, he figures he will take the chance at being late. It's not like it matters anyway. The first day is always full of crap from every angle. It's just another day to sit at a desk and slowly fall asleep.

Last edited:
Violet nodded. "Okay." She said, shrugging. "Possibly." When he left she turned towards her classroom, which already had people. And I thought I could get some time away from people..yeah right. She crossed her arms and entered the classroom, sitting in the back and adjusting her hood over her head. She glanced around to see if she could see anyone she knew.

*Trent put his bag on and opened the door before looking up.*

A perfect execution of my routine, three minutes to get to class bang on time, including time allocated for bustling past the endless stream of people.

"Oh, Robin, I'm off to class.... aren't you going to be late?"

He looks sweaty, the very thought of exercise was like the bane of my creed. Copious amounts of activity always baffles me.

*He walks past robin and heads towards his first class.*

Robin ran all the way back to the dorm, stopping plenty of times to talk and chat with random people. Either complimenting them on something he half liked, admired, or just outright hated but wanted to speak to them anyway. Still, with three minutes left to leave, he unlocks the door to his room and nearly runs right into Trent. Immediately jumping out of the way as if his roommate were a high speed train, Robin's hands fly up.

"Woah, woah there," is what first comes out of Robin's mouth but as soon as his heart-attack settles down, he wipes his brow before answering Trent, "Good to know my alarm didn't wake you up this morning," pausing, Robin double checks, "Because it didn't, right? Blasted thing was set to ten instead of my normal six or five on the volume setting. Must have gotten bumped around in my bag on the drive up." Clapping his hands together, he sidesteps Trent and makes his way into the room to grab some pants, shoes, shirt and tie for class. "But yo, dude, if you were interested... I was going to head to the town tonight and see what the night life is like - you wanna come? I know we aren't allowed off campus but it'll be a breeze to sneak out and back."

Waving goodbye, Robin lets Trent answer later, giving him the whole day to consider his offer. Robin shuts the door and immediately lunges for his bag, pulling out all sort of clothes before heading to the showers. Taking a cold and quick one, Robin dresses, his hair still dripping before he shakes his head like a dog, the water spraying all over the empty shower room. A towel quickly dries him before heading back into the room and to class with a notebook and pen. He won't be more than ten minutes late and its something he is fine with.

Reactions: Imagination
Ambridge was startled at Violets abrupt getaway. She slowly finished her coffee, finding herself losing the minutes she had to get to her first class. She winced as she checked the pixelated clock on her phone, ticking away at her. The hands looked stern, as if criticizing her for finishing the last sip of her silky latte rather then bolting across campus to math. She groaned, swinging into action, literally running down the halls. It was not like Ambridge to be late. To anything. Especially not the first day of school. She slid oddly into her seat, generating an unsettling amount of attention.

Brooklynn watched herself carefully in the mirror as she applied a generous amount of mascara. She knew that she was running late, and frankly, she didn't care. She was being inserted into a high-school that was created for the purpose of a social experiment, and she needed time to accept that. It was always the other way around, Brooke should be the one watching people, poking and prodding and messing with their heads, but instead, she was the guinea pig in the cage. How cliche.

She fluffed her straight bangs, making sure they looked even and prim before exiting the room. She leaned against the wall in the hallway, taking a deep breath before she slung her backpack across her shoulder blades and strode down the hall, making her way to class.

Ambridge smiled meekly, pulling out her designated math textbook and graph paper, since the teacher was already assigning homework. She would have been surprised, but the man standing at the front of the classroom had that stern but dorky look that demanded he start the year with a list of rules, which happened to be on the purple piece of paper he handed Ambridge when she walked in. Sighing, Ambridge stuffed the paper in the front pocket of her satchel, pledging to glance over it later, when the teacher wasn't rattling off stories about past classes.

A blond girl with blunt bangs and a scowl entered the room, her aura screamed delinquent, but the look in her eyes whispered scholar. She pushed passed the teacher without receiving her sheet of rules and slouched into the seat behind Ambridge. Glancing over her shoulder, she noticed the girl pull out a planner, already cluttered with notes etched in perfect, tiny handwriting.
Scholar. Definitely a scholar.

Brooke felt a gaze land on her, a curious gaze belonging to the young redhead sitting in front of her. She was watching her as she jotted down the homework assignment that was written on the whiteboard. She gently closed the cover, feeling uncomfortable under her scrutinizing eyes. She smiled at her, a sarcastic and catty grin that caused the girl to smile apologetically and whip her head back around towards the teacher.
Brooke leaned back, crossing her arms with a smirk flickering across her face. She reopened her planner and wrote in the 'extra' column:

Redhead- Caught her watching me write. Not sure if observatory, like myself, or just creepy.

*Trent sat down at the back of the class.*

Having made it to class with impeccable timing, he got to witness the lateness of a blonde girl as she entered the room. Her mannerisms suggested disregard for other people, maybe a superiority complex, noted.

*He glanced in his peripherals at the encounter between the two girls and gave a small grin.*

Avoid that blonde girl, she has hard work written all over her. The redhead seems approachable but perhaps borderline nosy.

*Trent slouched into his chair, and looked out the window.*

Guess I should get used to these sort of people, this is an interesting school after all.

Brooke pushed a hand through her bangs, they fell perfectly back in place. She ignored what the teacher was saying, she already had these theorems memorized and written on the last page of her planner. Although she spent a great deal of her time organizing it and making sure she had every little detail crammed into the pocket-sized book, she hardly ever whipped it out to actually use it. She flipped the book over and sketched a doodle of her writing furiously in her planner. She chuckled to herself, knowing the scene she had depicted was fairly accurate.

Almost reluctantly, she slid the book back into her backpack, not wanting to seem overly OCD. As she turned to zip the backpack, she saw a guy staring out the window. His posture suggested he had seen their facial expression conversation. Brooke mentally shrugged and returned to steadily watching the clock.

As the sun beamed through the glass around Trent, the classroom began to fall apart around him, his peers vanished, and the roof and then the floor collapsed all but a small circle in which he was situated on. Still sitting at his desk, wind blowing on his face, waterfalls as high as the eye can see in a 360 angle and different colored light shining through the water.

*Trent smiled to himself before dropping his pen and snapping out of his trance.*

One of the only things he took in whilst at school, a nifty pen spin between his fingers. I have been looking dangerously close to the blonde girl, hopefully she didn't think I was staring at her, giving girls a reason to talk to me, whether it be good or bad is just a bother, I can never find any words.