Too Young to Die [akela x wildpelt]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her heart seemed to stop. Taryn didn't know what to do, what was right. Her doubts and worries made the moment pass, and as quickly as it had come it was gone. For her, anyway. The young sixteen year old stumbled off the couch, smoothing out the now wrinkled dress she'd fallen asleep in. "But! I'm here to train. I'm getting paid to do jobs, not- not do other things," she said quickly, hands going up to run through her hair.

"I um- what should I wear? Jeans okay?"

"Just normal clothes will be fine," Ruke wasn't upset the moment passed. He was about a year older than her, so it made sense why she was so nervous. Plus, he killed people for a living; that was sure to unbalance anyone. He looked at her, "It is fine, just do what you need to do, alrihgt?"

To her, he seemed upset, and things were nothing but awkward now. With a small sigh and a nod she sulked back to her room. Things were beginning to get so complicated. What had he been referring to, and did he even want it? She'd expected him to kiss her, but he'd been so hesitant...was that for her own sake, or because he was putting up an act?

Ten minutes later Taryn came back down dressed in cloth shorts and a tanktop, her hair halfway up so it would stay out of her eyes.

Ruke wanted her to kiss him, he wanted her to kiss him. That thought was inside his head and running rampart inside him. He didn't want to initatie anything, he wanted her to do it. For if he had shown it, she'd think he was being seductive and using her. No, he wanted her to open up so he could, rather than the other way around.

"Take nothing with you, I'm showing you some basics." I hesitated at the enterence to the basement, "I'm not a killer, or at least not a blood-lusty one. I don't keep my heads, I don't lick blood, and I don't do anything bad. I just want you to get those thoughts out of your head."

Taryn nodded, swallowing hard. She'd never thought he was the type to do those things, but now she was remembering his one rule from before. "You- you told me to never go in the basement." Was that where he killed people? That's what she had assumed in the car that day, and now this scary talk was getting to her.

"Is that where we're going? Because I don't want to. Is- is this because I didn't kiss you? Because I was scared, b-but I can try again," she said, taking a step back, a finger nervously curling around a lock of hair.

Ruke shook his head, "No, I didn't want you in the basement because it is where I keep my toys." He smirked and opened the door and flooded the room with light, "Most people would get freaked out to see a row of knives, which I haven't EVER used mind you. So don't worry, this isn't here to hurt you. I am not a maniac, or I'd be sadistic. I do not kill for fun, I do it because the people I work for are powerful. I swear I will never hurt you, nor will what is in the basement hurt you. Are you willing to enter with me into the life of a hired criminal?"

There wasn't anything bad...that would hurt her at least. The weapons were down there. And his training gear.

Taryn watched him carefully before nodding, reaching out for his hand. No matter what he was or wasn't, Ruke had become the only person in the world who had truly acted like he cared. Now all she had to do was see if it was real, because honestly she wanted to care about him. Who knows, maybe she could help him beat these night terrors and demons that seemed to plague him day after day.

"I'm not afraid," she finally muttered, squeezing his hand. "Show me what's down there."

Ruke nodded and he led her downstairs. In the darkness, she couldn't have been, but he swiped a laser that deactivated the traps in the room. He looked at her and turned on the lights, and instantly he had to blink and lean against the wall, his past flooding into him and some old memories best forgotten resurfacing.

The room was taking up half the basement and was filled with weapons. He had swords and knives and plain sticks there. His sniper was mounted on the wall and the knives in glass cases. It wasn't bloody or damp, just there. Plus, Ruke didn't bother to clean, as he would get night terror-like dreams as he did so. Sighing, he looked at her, eyes gazing into her.

"Lets...try and forget what I've become, alright?" He led her into another room with basic workout equipment. Ruke Sat on one of two bench machines, "I'm really sorry, I don't even know half those things! I'm really sorry!" He started crying from the fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.