Too Young to Die [akela x wildpelt]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I know you haven't," Taryn said without him finishing, her smile turning soft. "Um, can you pick it out for me? I can't really bend over in this..." she added, sitting down on the bed with a hand to her chest.

"What do you mean up to me? Why would I work out if I don't have to? That'd be hard work that's pointless."

Ruke laughed, "you just don't want me to see...yet." He winked and opened his dwarer and handed her a long t-shirt, "that should cover you up. And underwear I don't have..."

He sat back down, "as for the hard work, working out will make you stronger and faster. It is your choice: improve, or don't."

"Oh. So you're not really telling me I don't have to. You're pretending to give me the option when I really don't have a choice," she laughed, slipping the shirt on before letting the towel drop. It was long enough to cover her hips, Ruke was so much taller than her.

"Fine, I guess I'll work out. If it gives me a stomach like yours, it'll be a good thing," she said with a small wave as she walked to the door. "Thanks again for the shirt. Won't happen again after tomorrow."

"Do you need help settling in?" HE chucked, "I can show you around a bit if you are lost!" He stood up, not bothering to put on a shirt. It was true he was very fit, and his upper arms were strong. It was a combination of sniping, running and working out for a while.

"What else do you need?" He asked, touching her shoulder gently. If he was going to live with he, he wanted to get to know her.

Taryn looked a little confused, her eyes going from his hand on her shoulder up to his face. "I didn't think- that is, you seemed to want me to figure it out," she muttered with a shrug, rubbing the back of her head. "But yeah, okay. Let me get my things." Taryn went to the bathroom and slipped on her undergarments before coming out, the rest of her clothes bundled in her arms. "Want to show me which room is mine?"

Ruke gestured to all the rooms in the hall, "Any room but mine actually. I bought this place thinking it only had a few rooms, but it turns out it has 12 and four bathrooms, so I don't really know what to do with the rest. This is all up to you, although the one next to mine is this one," He tapped that doorway.

It was weird for him, because he normally did not bet his nice while talking to anyone. He was melting while talking to her, a little off and it seemed that he wasn't himself. HE didn't know why, but it scared him as to why this way. It was annoying him that he did not know, but he ignored that.

"Do you want help settiling in? You can use anything in the house, and don't worry about saving food or anything. I restock it all every week."

"I'll take the one by you," she said, opening the door with a small smile. It was beautiful. Undecorated with white walls, and the mattress simply had a few plain blankets on it, but it was hers. There was a nightstand with a small lamp, a window on the far wall, and a plush chair in the corner by the closet. "Ruke, I-...I've never had a room to myself," she told him, crossing her arms over her chest. Her heart felt tight, thought she wasn't sure why. Perhaps it was just the prospect of owning so much, or at least borrowing it.

At his offer she smirked, dropping her clothes by the bed and turning to face him. "I don't own anything to settle in with, not until tomorrow." Taryn then put a hand on his chest to steady herself, stood on her tiptoes, and kissed Ruke on the cheek. "Thank you, though. I'll take you up on that offer tomorrow, okay? Do I need to let you know when I leave or anything?" She wasn't sure what the rules were, or how much control he had over her while they had a partner ship. "I'll have to warn you, I'm not used to answering to anybody. I might not be good at it."

Ruke smiled at her kiss; he hadn't dared let himself get close to anyone. He knew once he held the sniper rifle, though, he would become hard again. His life was one of his own despite, but he couldn't dare let this go...it was his addiction and his curse. He could stop killing, but his lifestyle was his routine, "Oh, I'll just leave a credit card on the table. Just take that and use the heck out of it."

He heard about the room and registered this after she finished, "I didn't know. You can get some things to personalize it. As for what you need to know...I have three rule. One, just be where I ask you to be. Two, don't do anything stupid intentionally. And three, the rules are invalid." He smirked and rubbed her back.

Taryn tensed at the feel of his hand on her back, her emotions conflicting with one another. She loved his touch, but it was wrong...wasn't it? Men wanted that sort of thing for only one reason, something she wasn't willing to give up.

Was that why he bought her all these things...? No. Ruke was a good guy and they were partners. She'd learn to trust him...eventually. "I have to go to bed, Ruke. Long day tomorrow," she said, going to her bed and pulling down the covers. "Thank you again."

Ruke nodded and turned away, "Night." Sex was the last thing his mind had to offer, and he had no intention of doing that to her anytime soon. He wanted her to feel more secure and he didn't see himself doing that at all anytime soon. So, as he went back to his room, he pulled his shirt back on.

She was adorable to him, and he knew she was going to be a constant presence for him. With a sigh of relief, he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Taryn was awful at sleeping somewhere so quiet, so alone, and so dark. Yes, even though she was always lonely, one could never be 'alone' on the streets of New York. There was always a drunk walking home, someone working the corner, of more likely another homeless person who needed the alleyway just as bad as she did. Eventually she got up and wandered the house a little, went to the kitchen and got a snack, but none of it helped. The only sleep she'd be getting, it seemed, was earlier that day on top of Ruke.

The next morning Taryn was dressed in his tshirt and her old jeans as early as possible, waiting at the kitchen table for Ruke to bring down the card. He'd probably expected to leave it there for her to pick up later, but there she was, sitting in one of the comfortable chairs with her chin resting in the palms of her hands, elbows on the table. Her eyes alone told how tired she was, half closed with circles beneath them.

Ruke woke up and wandered downstairs, noticing how early she was up. He blushed, realizing she must been awaiting him, "oh, I'm sorry! I thought you'd sleep past 6am!" He rushed down, "here is the card," and handed it to her.

"I didn't get to sleep at all," she complained quietly, rubbing one of her eyes as she slipped out of the chair, taking the card. "Don't laugh, but it was too quiet and too different. I'll get used to it eventually." She paused, grabbing a water from the fridge. It was going to be a long day. "What's your plan this morning? I didn't expect to see you up this early either."

Ruke smiled, "I wake up this time every morning, work out, then eat, then other things, things that don't concern you. And that is my routine. If noise is what you want, sleep with me, I snore." Ruke laughed at his own degradation and held a towel, "you okay?"

Taryn smirked, halfway wanting to take him up on the offer. Actually, more than half... "What do you mean 'things that don't concern me'?" she smirked, standing so close to him she had to tilt her head up a little. "I think while I'm here, it does concern me." Taryn was teasing of course, he was allowed to have his own life, but that didn't mean she couldn't mess with him. "In fact, maybe I should spend the whole day with you, just to prove my point."

She looked at the towel, tilting her head to the side a bit. "What's that for?"

Ruke blushed as 'other things' was something he wasn't going to disclose. He would put it as pleasuring himself, as well as other things, "the towel is for working out. I UAE it to wipe my sweat away."

"Ew," Taryn laughed, wrinkling her nose. Looking up at him she narrowed her eyes, seeing the blush. "What's got you all flustered?" Normally she'd leave it be, but he was just too much fun to play around with. Besides, she was tired and this was helping her wake up.

Ruke blushed deeper, "well, the 'other things' you wouldn't understand nor enjoy." He moaned and turned away, the prospect arousing him, "d-don't you have s-shopping to do?"

Taryn frowned, looking down at the card with a nod. "Yeah, you're right. I'll get a taxi." With a small wave she went outside, deciding to walk a few blocks until she saw one of the yellow cabs. It would be a long day, but if she worked hard she could finish everything so she wouldn't have to waste tomorrow. Training was important, she wanted to make Ruke proud.

Ruke was glad he did not have to explain everything to her, for she didn't need to know half of it. Being alone can cause people to do things they'd Never do with someone. He blushed deeply, thinking of his routine. Then he shrugged again left to the workout room.

Status
Not open for further replies.