Too Young to Die [akela x wildpelt]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day dragged on and on, hour after hour for Taryn. She decided quickly that she hated shopping, hated spending money no matter who's it was. Yet by the time dinner came around Taryn walked through the door, the cab driver behind her with just as many bags in his arms as were in hers.

"You can just drop it there," she said, giving him extra money for a tip. Within the bags were more outfits than she'd ever owned, a bedspread for the mattress, curtains for the window, toiletries for the bathroom, and she even got herself a few things to make her stay easier than weren't necessary. Hopefully Ruke wouldn't mind, and she would be able to pay him back eventually. "Ruke?" she called from the foyer, hoping he was around to help her carry everything and settle in.

Ruke opened the door and giggled a small bit seeing the amount of bags; the stereotype girls loved to shop held true, "Seems you've had an interesting day!" Ruke had changed into a simply t-shirt and shorts by now, for he had just finished his routine an hour ago and he preferred to just relax. He smiled at her, "Don't you worry about paying me back, those credit cards aren't that important."

Ruke helped her take the bags inside and upstairs, then into her room. He was more glad she was getting settled than how much money he had lost, although she could buy eight times more and not even make a dent in his pay. He smield once more at her, "Need anything?"

Taryn bit her lip, watching him from the middle of the room, surrounded by bag after bag. "Could you stay with me while I put everything up?" she asked, searching through a few bags until she found a simple blue sleeveless dress that came to down just above the knees. She went into the closet and changed before coming out looking, in her opinion, a new girl. "I hated shopping this much, Ruke. It was so boring and I felt guilty every time they swiped that card," she complained, coming to sit beside him on the bed. She must have gotten her hair properly cut and somebody put a touch of make-up on the girl. Must have been the hair-dresser.

"Hey, I wanted to ask...you sleep okay last night?" Taryn asked, looking up at him with a sweet smile.

Ruke had always heard that girls loved to shop, and up to this point he didn't believe it. Even as she said that, her body looked fantastic, and her bags showed she at least enjoyed herself. He could care less about hte money on the card, for, even as it stood now, he had a net worth up in the millions. Most jobs he took gave him much more money than he needed to to even pay for one house. He looked at her and almost laughed, "Oh Taryn, I told you already, think of it was a gift, alright? Don't worry about it!"

Ruke helped her put it away, sorting her clothes by type. He always had a habit of doing it with his knives, and he used it on most other things too. He had her pants to the right, then her undershirts, then her outershirts. This way she had to go right to left to get dressed, which was un-natural and would also keep her up, "Better now?"

Taryn was fairly quiet while she hung up her dresses and jacket in the closet, and of course she was the one to organize any underclothing. When they were finished she hugged him around the middle, enjoying the momentary warmth. The girl was exhausted, but was very much looking forward to some real work tomorrow.

"Yes," she answered, her cheek pressed against his chest as she closed her eyes. "Thank you." Finally she pulled away, looking around the room. "Tomorrow we'll really get down to business, the reason why I'm here. See you then?"

Ruke smiled, "Of course, unless you'd rather go watch TV or anything like that. An assassin is more than a killer. But, I'm laying off the work for a bit for two reasons, and you're the first one. I'm also out of anmo and don't want to have to go buy more; even I get lazy!" He smiled at his lame attempt at a joke.

"WAnt to join me or are you busy up here organizing the rest of your things?"

"You and me? Just...sitting and watching tv?" she asked, watching him carefully. Eventually she reached out and took his hand, squeezing ever so lightly. "What kind of things do you watch?" Taryn asked, grabbing a blanket off the bed before following him out. It was awfully quiet in the house, and she still hadn't gotten used to it. Maybe staying up watching something would help her sleep.

"Movies and such, whatever is on," He shrugged and sat down, then he blushed, "I actually watch a lot of Disney stuff and that sort of thing. Some of hte live action movies make me feel weird..." He looked down, thinking of how awkward that was. He was a master killer and professional assassin, and he watched cartoon movies, "Pathetic I know."

Taryn grinned, deciding between teasing him and telling him how much she would rather watch a cartoon than a real movie herself. Perhaps a little of both was in order. "Wow, looks like I have something to hold over your head for the rest of forever," she giggled, scooting closer to him on the couch and throwing the blanket over their laps. "I'm kidding. I'd rather watch something fun like that anyway. Makes me happier, I know there's a really good ending to it."

Ruke decided it would be easier to just let her choose. He handed her the remote and snuggled into the blanket, "Go ahead and choose then, I'm no good at this. I'll sit here and wait out half the movie choosing the title!" He'd done that once, and he didn't want to seem foolish doing it. He yawned a bit and looked at the screen.

Taryn took the remote, studying it carefully to learn the necessary buttons before scrolling through the channels. It was quiet for a moment, her knees curled up to her chest with one arm around them. "I had foster parents one time. A few other kids were there too."

The statement seemed to have come from nowhere. "That was when I ran away. To be on my own." Finally she settled on Robin Hood, though the movie had already started about half an hour ago. With a small sigh she handed him the remote, content with her choice.

Ruke nodded and he wrapped an arm over her. Life as an assassin wasn't that different from a standard life. It just replaced going to work with killing someone. So he was not a phyco killer, but a loving young man. Granted that man killed people, but still, he had a heart.

Taryn didn't know how to take his silence, but she didn't add anything more. Perhaps he would rather not talk about the past...or maybe he was the type of person to speak through actions instead of words. With a deep sigh she looked up at him, leaning into his embrace with her head against his chest. She could smell whatever body wash he used. Personally, she thought it was nice, but didn't think it polite to say so.

It didn't take long before the girl was laying down with her head in his lap, blanket curled around both of them, and her eyes shut. She was finally getting rest in the nearly empty home, but only because Ruke was near her.

Ruke felt safer with her, if that was possible. He also was relaxed, his body not coiled up. She looked like a bruised puppy, curling in his lap like she was. He stroked her hair gently and kissed her forehead, as a sign of gentle affection. Then he turned the television set off and went ahead and followed her into the asleep.

The next morning Taryn reacted to waking up on Ruke a lot differently. The morning sun was barely peeking through the blinds when she woke with a small groan, surprised they were still in the living room. He must be uncomfortable having slept like that all night. Having twisted in the middle of the night to face him she sighed, hugging him around the middle with her face buried against his stomach. After a moment of this she wiggled into his lap and put her arms around his neck, sleep still in her eyes.

"Remind me, why do we have to work today?" she asked softly, fingers running through his hair. He was so warm, the idea of leaving the comfort of their blanket wasn't a good one.

Ruke wasn't one to normally be lazy, but her adorable poise and her gentle voice suddenly caused him to procrastinate, "We can push it off until later...we can rest now..." He yawned, not even bothering to open his eyes. His body felt a little safter with her curled up on him like that, and he almost called her a cat for a second. He wondered why that would be such a bad thing, for she'd be his adorable, loving and trainable companion, and as a cat, she could leave at any time. He moaned again as she tugged on his neck a small bit.

"Alright little kitty, we can stay put for now." He yawned wrapping his arms and the blanket closer, "Just...just be sure to get us up before noon." Ruke laid his head back to sleep.

"I'm not a cat!" she giggled, tightening her hold around him and pulling him to lay down with her, side by side. "And you're going too easy on me. Have you gone soft?" Taryn asked with a smirk, her nose touching his. "We have to work, I have to get better so I can earn my keep here."

Ruke blushed, "Are you trying to kiss me?" She was doing this all the right way. The embrace, the giggles, everything. IT was all lining up perfectly in a single moemnt to kiss her. She maybe didn't realize it, but he was about to kiss her and he wanted to see what she would want to do.

"What?" Taryn gasped, her body suddenly tense. "I wasn't thinking about- I just thought we should...should get to work," she muttered, a few fingers still brushing against the back of his neck. She wasn't sleepy anymore, not after that question. "But if you have something better in mind..." Her cheeks were hot from being nervous. Nobody had ever said such a thing to her!

Ruke blushed deeply and he let his hand start to tangle with her hair, "Oh, I have many other things than train we could do..." He left it at that, his body flush with hers. He felt safe again, and he knew that possibly trying to kiss her at this point would help him to re-cooperate from his life. Being a partner would help him, he knew.

This wasn't like him at all; he was opening up. He was letting her open his soul up and peer inside, letting her sweep him away. He shouldn't be doing this, he should be killing. He shouldn't be hugging her, he should be training her. He knew this was wrong, and this wasn't what he should do. Yet it all felt so right to him...

Status
Not open for further replies.