Tokyo Ghoul: Two Worlds (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_me9umjFths1rnyvcro4_250.gif

Iblis Fleur Cafe
14th Ward
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kubo listened as Sora gave him what needs to be done, and the Reiku confirmed it. He let out a sigh, almost dropping the cigarette from between his lips before taking another drag from it. The end burning and turning into ash, barely connecting to the end before Kubo flicked the ashes into the sink. He didn't have an ashtray out here, but one in the back because Reiku would be pissed if she found ashes on the floor and counters. He could see how uncomfortable Sora was with Reiku pressing the kids against her tightly, 'punishing' them, and how they would be punished by Usami if they didn't stop. Right on cue, Usami entered the Cafe and greeted everyone, going in to even hug Reiku and the kids. His eyes averted to Sora, who was glaring right at Usami and her blessings. "Why do I never get punished that way?" He wanted to grin, but his groggy and sleepy mind told him no.

The cafe held a rather peaceful aura now that the group was here, customers were light and it was already six in the evening. He really did stay up late into the morning, and now his sleep schedule was rather ruined for now. Usami talked about her life problems, and how she didn't know what to do. Reiku gave some advice, and Kubo stood there in silence by the sink before stubbing his cigarette out in the sink. He ran some water over the burnt end, making sure it was soaked and put out before throwing it into the trashcan.

Last time he threw it into the trashcan without pouring water on it, the trash bag caught on fire.

Reiku was not pleased.

Once the cigarette was out, he passed by the group and towards the back and into the kitchen. Once inside, he pulled everything from the fridge he would need and began prepping and preparing sandwiches and other small things that the cafe would need tomorrow. Such glorious work he had here in Iblis. Chef/Cook by day, suicide hunter by night. As a side bonus, he got to also buy the groceries and anything else that the cafe may need. It at least let him go out into the 14th Ward and interact with other Ghouls and Humans.

While making the food, he hummed to himself to keep occupied without wanting to go back up to the front to socialize with the group. It loomed in the back of his mind though, that Reiku wanted to talk later tonight. What did she want to talk about exactly? Was he having to go out for another errand, or would it be an 'errand'. Maybe she wanted to scold him for almost being caught by the CCG and causing a ruckus in the 14th Ward last night, earlier this morning. Whatever it was about, he was certain that it was nothing extreme that it could wait till later, when the cafe was closed.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reactions: Detective Zero
CCG HEADQUARTERS
[CCG PRISON/DETENTION BUILDING]
KEIGO & AIMERY
2Cl30Lc.png
9Ayj14J.png

Collaboration with @The Bus Driver

His hands were in his pockets, and with a cigarette between his lips. Approaching one of the many stairs in the CCG Headquarters, he made his way down to the general cafeteria where Goru mentioned Aimery, a new Investigator, albeit Rank 2, was. Upon arriving at the spot he was to find a lone person sitting, he started to gaze around his surroundings. 'Alright.. Lets see where Aimery Bosco is..' He curiously thought to himself.

After a few seconds, he decided to venture about the cafeteria, and with time he was able to detect the boy. Judging by what Keigo actually noticed, it was not difficult to see that the person he was looking for, was actually quite easy to distinguish from the rest. He was anticipating someones arrival, and one could see that clearly. 'Must be him...' Walking up to Aimery, he decided to make his presence known. "So you must be Aimery-kun.. Yes?"

He'd heard footsteps from the other room ahead, his heart was beating and racing. Honestly, he hadn't known what to expect. He was nervous, his foot began tapping to show that. Turning his head, Aimery smiled as best he could to look at this man who was meeting him. He didn't know what his name was, anyways.

The man walked up to him, Aimery staring up with anticipating eyes. He'd asked for his name. Aimery thought it as a policy that people should introduce themselves first before asking one's name, but he knew this person was higher ranking than him, so he would have to follow orders.

"Aimery is fine. Yes that would be me," Aimery replied, giving the man a small smile. He wasn't amused. "Who might you be?"

A much more honest smile was rather on Keigo's face once it was confirmed that he picked the right person from the crowded cafeteria. "Good.. And here I thought it'd be difficult to find you.. I guess it wasn't." He started, glancing around, looking at people passing by and such. His attention shifted back towards the young Investigator, before he continued. "Ah.. I forgot to introduce myself.. My bad..." He awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

"But its Keigo Hajime.." He introduced himself finally, but could also see the young Investigators father in him, especially by the traits he inherited from him. Aimery's father was one of the seniors who actually trained Keigo back in his younger days. "And I'm actually here to assign a partner you'd be out in the field with. Another fellow Investigator for you to work with.. Albeit a special one at that.. But enough about that.. Come follow me.. We should go pick up your partner."

Keigo turned around casually, hoping for Aimery to follow. There were more than just one building connected to the CCG Headquarters. A bridge with glass windows was something they had to cross in order to make it to second building. It wasn't a building for the CCG Prison/Detention, it had many other reasons for being there. Training facilities, weapon equipments and the likes. "Even though your partner is around here, in the CCG, it'll take us a bit to get there." He explained. They had to eventually exit the second building and walk a certain distance before another, lone building, which is made to hold criminals and unlawful people with ties to the CCG, among some rebellious Investigators.

For some reason, it offended Aimery that he stood out in the crowd of CCG members in white coats. He couldn't help but grit his teeth in anger, but he tried hard not to twist his face even slightly in anger. As members began leaving the cafeteria, people kept glancing at Keigo, then back at Aimery. Then they would give him a smile that he'd assume that was fake, and it would anger him more. Maybe they recognized him, or rather his father when he was a senior here. Even though he admired his father in many ways, he didn't expect to be compaired to him, hopefully not. Aimery isn't the same person, nor does he want to be.

"Keigo Hajime...," Aimery paused to remember his name. He said his name a few more times to get the hang of it, then nodded slightly, looking back up at his superior.
Soon, Keigo asked Aimery to follow him. Honestly, he didn't want to move from his comfy chair, but it seemed like it was a demand - only to Aimery perhaps. The two slipped past the others and disappeared through the exit.

As they began crossing the bridge, he couldn't help but to look outside. It was gray and gloomy, almost as if it were the day when he'd found out his father had passed. Aimery... was angering himself! Mostly annoying himself, but he could easily calm down from that... it was others who annoyed him the most.

As they turned the corner, they entered the second building. It seemed mostly for training oneself and their quinque. Aimery pictured himself being there, and he couldn't help but smile at the fact that he'd be getting better here. Keigo had said that his partner would be around here somewhere, and Aimery was getting anxious. His hands were starting to get jittery as well.

During their little walk through the CCG, they mainly kept quiet. Keigo did occasioanlly glance back towards Aimery to see how he was doing. And judging by what he saw, he could understand the boy being antsy. He was probably thinking about who his partner would be, since it would be someone he'd constantly be with over the course of his time as an Investigator.

As they kept on walking, an elevator was before them. Keigo stopped in his tracks and pushed the button in, awaiting for it to arrive in their current floor. While he was waiting, it was perhaps good to strike a conversation with his company for now. "So.. Aimery.. You ended up following your fathers footsteps, huh?.." He asked, which also made him reminisce about his past.

"I'm sure you'll do just fine.. Like your father, but the CCG Academy, and the life out there, in the field, are two different worlds.." Keigo was more interested in knowing actually how determined the young Investigator was, and or if he was capable of surviving out there, as an Investigator. It was definetely not some good luck that made it so he'd end up with Yui Sonoto. He wasn't as experienced as her, and perhaps giving the latter something extra to work with, would change her for the better.

Before anything, the elevator arrived, sliding its metal doors open. They both walked in and made it to the first floor. Being on the other end of the CCG area, the CCG Prison/Detention building was not too far off. Once they finally exited the second building, they were on an empty road, with several helipads around them. Some were empty, while some had the helicopters with the CCG logo.

If Aimery hadn't been cloaking himself in a different personality, he wouldn't be able to bear the silence. Infact, it became so unbearable for him that he was either biting his lip or playing with his thumbs durning the whole time he was walking! Honestly, his bones were aching for some excitement.

Keigo had stopped infront of an elevator with silver doors. He pressed a button and the doors slid open, then they proceeded inside of the elevator. Keigo tried sparking a conversation before they had got in. It was about his father. The horrid part about it and the part he hated so much about it was the fact that he'd said Aimery was following his father's footsteps. Honestly! His father's weapon couldn't be left untouched, so Aimery felt as if he needed to hang on to it and use it to defend his ward. However, just being compaired to his father sickened him...

Would you just shut up...

He swallowed hard and forced a smile upon his face. It came out weak, but eventually it began to brighten up to at least look real.

"Ah, thanks," Aimery replied, pausing for a second to collect his sanity. "I appreciate your advice. I'm not a hundred percent sure how to do my job, hopefully my partner, or maybe you, Keigo -- you both could be my role models!"

Suddenly, the elevator landed with what seemed to be a sharp stop, almost knocked Aimery off of his feet. Luckily, there were bars to hold onto when and if this happened. As the doors slid open, and a long road faced him. He examined the area, seeing empty helipads and other helicopters all around them. Up ahead was a building with no labels upon its walls. Aimery's feet were pretty much dying around the time they'd gotten even remotely close to the building, and he suppressed his urge to ask Keigo for a piggy back ride.

A light laugh escaped Keigo's lips at the mention of him being a role model. If anything, he already had his daughter to worry about. " If I were a few years younger, I'd say yes to being a role model, but I'm unfortunately too busy nowadays. However, in the future, I can teach you some interesting moves for when you end up facing one of them Ghouls."

His attention shifted back towards the building they had come upon. It had some tight security, with no sign on what its suppose to inhabit. Keigo's expression became somewhat serious. " This is the CCG Prison/Detention building. Hence their security.. And yes, you can vaguely compare this to a normal prison for criminals." Explaining to Aimery was important, because his partner would be coming out from the said building.

" And here we are.." He casually uttered, standing before a couple of guards who eventually approached him. "Hajime-san.. What brings you here." A tall man, with an assault rifle in his hand spoke up. " Ah, Yoshimura-kun.. I see you're guarding this building now. Anyhow, I'm here on other matters. To get one of our Investigators out..." Keigo responded, with a light smile on his face.

Another guard approached them, who also seemed to know Keigo. "So Goru-kun made the Director send you to do his dirty work?.. I mean, a Bureu Investigator like Goru-kun should be the one coming here.. Not someone who's a Special Class Investigator.. Or did you get bored of being out there.. In the field.." A simple but casual laugh followed thereafter. Keigo knew they were joking around. They were after all, Investigators in the past.

"You know.. I'd love to sit around, drink some coffee and talk about how I ended up here, but that'll have to be for later.. For now.. Let us pass. yeah?" He rhetorically requested, which had both Yoshimura and the second guard comply. "Alright.. And just so you know. We've already notified the guards inside to bring Sonoto-san to the main floor. She should meet you there."

"Ah good.. That makes it easier for me.." Keigo sighed with relief, before taking the last drag from his smoke, followed by him throwing it down and stomping on it. The security let both him and Aimery pass. After a few checkpoints, they eventually made it to the main room, which was also like a waiting room. One more guard approached them, who held a silver briefcase in his hand, which was probably Yui Sonoto's Quinque. He nodded towards Keigo and Aimery and handed it over to Keigo.

They both eventually took a seat." Well, Aimery, you probably know by now why we're here. Your partner is being held here, but is being released now.. But don't worry. She is an interesting Investigator.. And I'm sure she'll help you out, just as much as you'll help her out.. Eventually. Be a role model for her.. Right?" The last line was more like a joke for him, but perhaps Aimery would be some sort of an anchor for Yui.

As the two walked up to the guards, Keigo and the other two guards began conversating. In the middle of their conversation, he came to realize he was left out, but that was probably because the guards knew Keigo already, but they hadn't known Aimery yet. Mabe he'd learn to find some friends.

That's impossible.

At least he learned a few names today. Yoshimura-kun was one of the guards, he hadn't learned the other guard's name. It would be weird to be talking about yourself in third person. Goru-kun... That's the person he met in the cafeteria! Well, it was the guy who'd dropped him off there to meet Keigo, anyways. It was almost like a chain reaction anyways. First Goru places him in the cafeteria, Keigo comes to pick him up, and now they're on their way to meet Aimery's partner.

Aimery began wondering about this 'partner' of his. First, his partner was stationed in a prison. That meant that this person should be... a little crazy. Aimery being his normal self could be called a little weird, but he'd never imagined what someone who wasn't a ghoul being a criminal being his partner, how they'd react to each detail.

They came inside a room that resembled a waiting room. For some reason, he didn't enjoy one of these rooms. He didn't mind waiting, but what was in store for him always seemed to get him. Sometimes, it would scare him to know what was coming next. Especially when that one day rolled around...

"What was my father like..." Aimery whispered to himself, staring down at the ground for a minute before returning his attention on a silver briefcase that made its way through the room. Aimer knew it wasn't his, definitely. Why would he come all this way just to his weapon in the first place?

Listening to Keigo as they slowly moved on made him cringe. Him? A role model? Someone who hides himself in a shell to protect himself from society should be a role model? Aimery tried holding back his smile, and eventually covered his mouth, still, it did not end there. He let out a little chuckle. "I think you may be mistake, Keigo. I... don't think I could be a role model. I've very inexperienced... heh...,"

Hopefully his partner could be his guide, no matter what she or he had in store for him...

"It's Keigo-san to you.."

Iblis Fleur Cafe
14th Ward

Kaname

tumblr_no3a3gOsUn1sb03l7o2_500.gif

"What the-!" Kaname's reaction was interrupted by his face getting smushed into a pair of large breasts as Reiku 'punished' him and Hikari. He struggled against the woman's hold but she was scarily stronger. 'Dont think about it, don't think about it...' He chanted mentally. Trying to think about anything but what was against his face.

Just when he thought it couldn't get any worse, he heard Usami's voice. 'No no no!!' His arms flailed but it was hopeless as he became squished between melons and meteors.
"Cant....Breathe...!" Kan's muffled protest was finally answered by his release. Falling back on his butt his face was beat red as he gasped for air. His emerald eyes glare up at the manager. "Your a cruel woman, Reiku." He grumbles, standing up.

As Usami and Rei chatted Kan grabbed a towel from behind the counter and dried his hair/shoulders. Meanwhile scowling at the runt that started this whole thing. After that he went back to bussing a few tables that he hadn't got to thanks to Boobs 1 and Boobs 2. One table was right next to a human couple. As he stacked dishes into his bin, Kan caught the scent of the woman.

Instantly his hunger kicked in like a punch to the stomach. 'Shit shit shit....' Saliva started collecting in his mouth. It had been nearly 8 weeks since his last meal, that was longer than he should've gone. And now it back firing on him. Gripping the bin his emerald eyes were threatening to change as he stared at the back of the woman. It was all Kan could do not to leap over the table and tear into her- 'No!! Stop!!' He inwardly shouted but his body was frozen in place.

tumblr_mnfkkzcOcE1s5z3jbo1_500.gif

14th Ward - The Streets​
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
The 14th Ward, what a wonderful place to star 'new' once more. It bustled with activity, people on the sidewalks. Shoulders rubbing together, he was out at the wrong time. Everyone was coming back from work, heading home, streets were packed with cars. Walking was a quicker and easier solution. Crazy how a city could go from busy at one time, and dead silent to the next, but the 14th Ward was a different kind of city compared to the last one he was in. This one had more Ghoul and CCG activity, or so he had heard over the conversations he had eavesdropped on. He was intrigued to come here, a Ward he has never been to yet. His face seemed so innocent without a mask on, his eyes glancing at every person and every building that he passed. "A gas station has to be around..." He didn't know where else he would find a map, gas stations always had one didn't they? Wandering aimlessly until he finally hit his goal. The doors slid right open for him, and as he entered the gas station he didn't see the luxurious car pass him by. He had an interest in cars, but mostly American Muscle cars. He always wanted to visit America and work on a muscle car, but he had an agenda to complete here in Japan. Maybe one day he could afford parts of a muscle car and fix it up.

He took his time walking around the gas station before coming up to the small stands that had the 14th Ward maps. Plucking one off the stand, he unfolded it and glanced at the layout of the city. He would have to learn where he was first, and the cashier should know exactly where that was. "Excuse me sir, do you happen to know where we are on this map?" He asked while walking up to the counter for the man. "Yeah. We are...right here." The man pointed a dirty finger down at the map, but Lee was looking at the map to care about the cleanliness of the man. "Thank you. How much for the map?" He looked up to meet the mans eyes, who took the map and scanned the bar code. It was rather cheap, only a few yen. Pulling the money out of his pocket, he placed it on the counter and took his map. Spinning on his heel, he left the gas station, leaving the change for the Cashier who called out for him. "Sir! Wait...you forgot your change..." His voice dropped off with every word. It wasn't even his money, so Lee didn't really care that much.

Once he was outside, he pulled a pen out of the backpack he had. It held all his belongings, which wasn't much. Inside the backpack was a few papers, pens, his trench-coat, mask, and knives. I'm going to have to find another way to carry everything. Carrying everything in a backpack was rather annoying. Taking the pen, he made a small mark on the gas station that was pointed out to him. He began walking as he kept his eyes on the sidewalk to make sure he didn't fall off the side or walk into someone. Not only that, he was looking for any noticeable buildings to mark. If he did this, he would be able to learn the city in a faster fashion, possibly. It has been working for him recently, so no reason he should try something new.

It would be getting dark in an hour or two, he wouldn't finish the city by tonight. Even by a few days, this would take a week. He planned on staying in the 14th Ward longer than any other Ward he had stayed in. Well, that was the plan anyways. With the heavy Ghoul activity, it would give him the chance to blend in and hide when he needed to. Marking a spot here and there, he developed a little system of what each mark meant over the years of doing this same method. Sometimes he wrote in very fine penmanship, small names, of the businesses or companies that he should take special notice in for remembering the area. After he finishes the map, he will come back to certain spots he had specially marked and learn them in and out. Alleys, ladders, man-holes, anything and everything he could use as an escape plan or a plan of ambush. How he itched to start the hunt, but he couldn't. No longer was he the inexperienced cub that preyed on the larger animals without calculations. He had learned to stalk his prey, to watch and learn their every move. Learn his environment, blend in, and strike when their defenses are low.

A loud engine broke him from his trance of marking and walking. He looked to his right, at the road as a car screeched past him, the engine roaring before another car was close behind. Drag races already? It wasn't even night yet and people were racing, but that was none of his business. "Coffee sounds good right now." What sounded better was a human, but he had to sate his hunger for tonight with coffee. Maybe he would go out around midnight for a snack, but no hunting. No hunting. I'm itching to start already...the fourteenth ward is known to be crawling with Investigators! This Ward is the mother load of bastards...but I can't. I need to remember my plan, my purpose, and that I am a professional. Ease the trigger, don't jerk or yank it. He talked to himself, in his own head. Being alone, except for the random girl here and there that he lived with, gave him time to really look into his own mind...and argue with it.

Lee was wearing a plain white button up shirt, the bottom button undone and same with top, showing his neck and some of his collarbone. If he had a t-shirt, it would be a v-neck. Unless at night, then it was a black, tight, turtleneck sweater. He wore faded blue jeans, a hole beginning to tear at the left knee, and some ratty old sneakers that were kept in good shape by being cleaned and taken care of. His hunting equipment and gear was in better condition than what he wore on a day to day basis. He treated his gear like babies, always cleaning the clothes and sharpening the blades. One of his specially made knives, courtesy of the group he was running with back in his teenage days, was tucked away between his underwear and jeans, his shirt long enough to cover anything that might show. Behind the happy, carefree seeming eyes was a killer, one that showed no real love and compassion for Humans. He couldn't accept, or even see, the logical side of why Humans were threatened and scared by Ghouls. They ate humans for food, their only source of food, and like any animal. It will retaliate to try and survive.

He finally find a small coffee shop, not Iblis Fluer, but the place had coffee and he just wanted some. He had work to do, not waste his time socializing. Entering the small shop, a little 'ding' went of as he opened the door and he was greeted by a few smiles behind the register. "Hello and welcome to Cafe Deluxe!" The girl behind the register said in a rather upbeat voice. "One...large coffee to go." He said, stepping up to the counter as they got on to making it for him. He paid and left the store, the styrofoam cup in his hand. It had a sleeve so he didn't burn his hand while holding the coffee. Now he just needed a place to sleep for tonight, a place that would keep him safe from being found laying around by Humans or other Ghouls. He was trying to lay low. "Hmmm..." He muttered as he drank from the cup of coffee, glancing at his surroundings in a 360. He did have some money to rent a hotel room for the night, but only for one night. He didn't want to waste all his money -- stolen money on hotel rooms and coffee. Now he was on the lookout for a motel or hotel.

He just wandered the streets for now, in search of a place to sleep as it was growing late now.

Iblis Fleur - Reikuhara & Sora

Overlooking the shop as she waited for the others to take their cups of coffee, Reiku was curious as to how the night would go, considering the plans she had been thinking over. She was glad for the peaceful days, but sometimes the nights would threaten those peaceful times. She knew one of those times would be coming with all the rumors she's been picking up. Her train of thought however would soon be broken once she saw how Kaname was reacting, staying still with a bin of dishes next to him untouched. Narrowing her eyes, the tall woman left the back of the counter and walked over, gripping a hand rather tightly on Kaname's shoulder, "Kaname-kun, there's another table you should look over.. Why don't you get all these dishes to the back and take a break?" Her voice was calming but if he looked up at her, he could tell her eyes were of the devil right now. Despite that, only those that knew that look could even tell besides her looking like the kindest woman in the room.

Hopefully persuading the teenage boy, Reiku turned and looked to the others as she walked back over, stopping by Sora. Leaning over, she patted Sora's shoulder and whispered in her ear, "Go with Kaname to the back, see what's bothering him. And please, don't make a mess back there again.."

Sora blinked as she wondered what Reiku was going to say, getting a slight cold sweat at her words, "Uh-.. Sure.. I'll get right on that." She'd then hurry herself over to Kaname and grabbed him by the back of the collar, moving to drag him towards the back. When they were inside, Sora let go and looked at him funny, "So.. What did you do to get Rei going in that mode...? Last time it was me and I was forced to 'eat' human food for a week."

14th Ward, Some Distance from Iblis Fleur

30DHn4b.png
jlbYRm8.jpg

Rena Ikega, Roger Burns
Collab with Kigarra​

Streetlights passed like lightning overhead the Ghoul pair as the roar of the bikes engine echoed between the buildings. A fair bit of the traffic had fallen off at this point, with most people walking in the first place, but occasionally the man weaved his way through a series of cars. Finally, Roger slowed down and turned into a nondescript alleyway some distance from Iblis Fleur and parked the bike, quickly ripping off his helmet and tossing it on the bike as he got off. Turning about quickly, the man offered Rena a hand in getting off the bike while telling her, "We'll walk a few blocks to Iblis and chat in the meantime."

While they rode on, Rena had been silent as she thought to herself. I-I wonder what Burns-san mean't when he said he liked me....H-he probably mean't that as friends...y-yeah! B-because we're friends, i-it's not like I'm that appealing in the first place since there are plenty of other women more attractive than me. As she thought to herself, Rena's grip on Roger unconsciously tightened. Once he stopped, Rena slowly pulled off her helmet, still in thought before standing up on her own and pulling out her bag, not realizing that Roger held a hand out to her. "Nn..." She responded absent-mindedly.

"Nn? Your brain shut down or something?" inquired Roger as he moved the hand he'd been holding out to her towards his head, running it through his hair as he shifted his body weight onto one leg, actually somewhat unsure of exactly what to do in this situation. He stood there, looking at her face, considering things in his mind as he awaited an answer.

Rena flinched a bit as she heard Roger speak to her again then blinked a few times before turning to look at him. "A-ah! S-sorry Roger, I was just thinking to myself..." Rena spoke as a soft blushed formed on her face, trying her best not to look Roger directly in the eye.

The male Ghoul chuckled a bit, Must be embarrassed about something, and stated with a smile, "If you think too much about something, you can become paralyzed in thought. If you want my opinion, I'll give it to you." Then he held his hand out towards her once more, indicating for her to take it, "Let's go, don't want to get mugged in this alley, do you?"

Rena smiled a bit then took Roger's hand. "Well....if someone decided to mug us there'd just be more blood on our clothes again honestly..." She said with a slight chuckle before remaining silent for a good minute. "Um....Roger, when you said you liked me....what did that mean...?"

The silence was somewhat unexpected, as was the girl's question. A few seconds passed as if Roger was considering his words and actions carefully. Suddenly, a devilish smile appeared on Rider's face as he pulled her close to her, wrapping his other arm around her waist while still holding her hand. Bringing his face closer to hers, the man whispered as he looked into her eyes, "Want me to show you?"

Rena's eyes widened a bit out of surprise and as Roger leaned closer, she blushed a deep red. "R-roger-san you're....r-really close..." She responded nervously before looking around to see if there was anyone else around. "U-um, w-weren't we heading to Iblis..? Y-yeah, we should keep heading there.."

Unperturbed by the woman's nervousness, the man continued holding her against him as he answered her question bluntly and did his best to maintain eye contact, "Sure, once you tell me whether or not we're about to kiss."

"E-eh?! K-kiss? I-I've never kissed anyone before....I-I....wouldn't know how to do it! Uuu...t-this is too sudden Roger-san..." Rena looked as though she was about to tear up, the nervousness making her heart pound faster. This was just supposed to be a normal night out, how did it turn out like this?!

Now Rider was frowning and actually a bit concerned, causing him to release his grip on both her hand and waist as he stepped away from her, "Sorry, I guess I read things wrong. But your question is answered now." Running a hand through his hair once more out of frustration, the man looked down the alleyway towards the street, his face still a far cry from its usual happy state, "It's up to you whether or not we go on to Iblis." Returning his gaze to her once more, he also mentioned despite not wanting it to occur, "I can also take you home if that's what you want."

Rena took a deep breath but soon noticed Roger begin to frown before pulled away. Slightly relieved, Rena let out a soft sigh before putting a hand over her heart. As she heard his words she gently gripped onto her own shirt before looking off to the side with a frown of her own. "U-um...I...think I'll go have coffee at my own house..." Rena spoke with slight hesitance before gently biting her lip.

Well, fuck my life. Didn't expect her to not be into it, women usually like that, ran through the man's mind as he sighed and approached his bike, quickly grabbing but not putting on his helmet, "I'll give you a ride then, unless you'd rather walk." He looked at her for a moment, at this point practically expecting Rena to take walking by herself at night over riding with him again.

"R-riding is fine...." She answered before moving towards the bike and grabbing the other helmet then getting in the back. Looking up at Roger for a second, Rena quickly but carefully put on the helmet without another word.

Quickly mounting his motorcycle and tossing his helmet on, Roger ignited the engine, waited for Rena to grab onto him, and then took off down the alleyway, turning abruptly onto the street. Following the directions Rena yelled to him, they quickly arrived at her home. Bringing the bike to a stand still, the ghoul waited for Rena to dismount, unsure of what exactly to say. He could say he'd see her later, tell her to call sometime, any number of things, but the man decided to simply say as he looked at her through the black visor of his helmet, "Hope you enjoyed the food."

Once they reached her home, Rena got off of the bike and put the helmet back after removing it. Taking a deep breath once more, Rena let out a big sigh to calm herself before moving closer towards Roger. Gently she took off his helmet a bit before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. With a soft smile, Rena backed away then went into her house. She was blushing deeply as she closed the door behind her and leaned against it.

The perpetual womanizer found his heart racing uncontrollably as his kakugan appeared once more, That was... unexpected. Realizing that his ghoulish eyes were showing, Rider quickly tossed his helmet back on and raced off into the night at intense speeds.

jlbYRm8.jpg

Roger Burns
Screaming through the 14th Ward towards Iblis Fleur...

The Spider turned once more into the alleyway in which he'd assumed things had completely fallen apart with Rena, parking the bike and stowing his gear quickly. He stood for a moment, leaning on his bike, contemplating the night. His thoughts continued to harass him as the ghoul left the alleyway and nonchalantly walked the few blocks to Iblis Fleur, his kakugan once more suppressed. Dressed plainly in blue jeans and a simple blue, all-weather jacket, the man burst through the doors of Iblis Fleur alone with a smile, declaring loudly, "Hello!"

His eyes were almost immediately drawn to four things in the room, which were really two pairs belonging to two different people. Remembering who possessed these things caused him to quickly avert his attention to the face of one of the owners: Reiku. Approaching the woman as if he'd known her all his life, he waved lightly and grinned, "Evening, Rei! How's the cafe?"​

Last edited:
Kuragari Ishi: Underground base
Kumari left the dining room moments later to trail behind Sophie, only to stop midway when she realized that there was something she needed to do. "Hm... Kumari doesn't want to be left behind, but she also doesn't want to be unprepared..." She spoke aloud to herself as she looked at Sophie who was already ahead of her. "Behind it is," she decided, after contemplating about it for awhile. "SOPHIE! Can you wait for Kumari? Kumari has to do something first," Kumari exclaimed as she quickly turned around on her heels without waiting for a response. She then headed to the opposite direction while twirling her scissors in her hand with the blades opened and moderately frowned. "Dull." She mumbled, as she clenched the blades of the scissors tightly together without satisfaction when it barely grazed her enough to draw blood. "Too dull."

Heading to a room that was unoccupied, Kumari removed her bag to open it and dumped the contents on the floor as she plopped onto the ground. Scissors, needles, knives, and razors all fell out as she scanned her eyes over them to sort out the dull one's from the spare one's that were already repaired. Picking out a few in each category, she stuffed the dull one's into her bag with a few hidden in her clothes, whereas the others went into the stomach of her plush bear. Kumari then held out her new scissors, snipping the air to hear the crisp sound of sharp metal rubbing against each other and grinned. Her smile reflecting into the polished blades as she stuck a needle in her mouth before she put on her bag and got up to leave the room, closing the door behind her.

"Mm... If Kumari remembers correctly, Vera said to bring a small group," she said, as she silently walked through corridors to pass by a few ghouls who greeted her with a smile and a wave in which she returned. When she noticed someone avoiding her gaze while hiding behind the other ghouls, she grinned and ran up to them. "Hakaze!" She shouted, as she pulled on the poor boy's arm so he wouldn't escape, making him shake her grip off desperately and carefully to avoid the scissors in her hand as he silently pleaded for the others to get him out of his current situation, only to be returned with an apologetic look as they scampered off.

"W-what do you want?" He asked nervously as she grinned widely while tugging on his arm, only to have him pull it back with her death grip still on.

"Vera said to bring a group, so.... Kumari decided to bring you," she proclaimed, as she began drag him with her through the corridors in order to reach dining room she was previously in, earning Hakaze some sympathizing looks as they passed a few other ghouls. Hm... I wonder if Sophie waited, Kumari thought as she let go Hakaze's arm, ignoring a few muffled laughter directed to Hakaze. "Kumari thinks we should bring one more person, but she doesn't know who," she spoke as Hakaze let out a sigh from being dragged somewhere he involuntarily wanted to get involved in. The problem being that he didn't want to have anything to do with anything beyond their underground base and not because he disliked Kumari in anyway. Except the fact that she was annoying because of the way she spoke, though that was her own strange way of communicating with people.

"Can't you bring someone else? I mean... Besides me?" Hakaze asked reluctantly as Kumari side glanced at him and put a hand on her chin as if she were second guessing her decision on bringing him, making him get his hopes up.

"No." Kumari answered flatly as she paused without turning to look at Hakaze, making him stop in his tracks to give her a quick glare while also sticking his tongue out before turning his head to the side in case he got caught. "You don't know what we're doing do you?" Kumari stated as a fact, making Hakaze give her a questioning look without responding so that she could continue to speak. "Don't you want to look?" She asked him with melancholy, only making him even more confused with her vague question he was unable to comprehend. "Ah well, You'll figure it out when we get there..." Kumari said quietly, keeping her motives to herself as she continued ahead with Hakaze following behind her in confusion. "Kumari told Sophie to wait, but she isn't sure if she did. If not, we can find another person and then go." she mumbled to herself. Find another person who has a reason to be there to make the chances of our infiltration a success, increase.

As they neared the area of the dining room, Kumari slowed down her pace as she squinted into the distance to see if she would recognize a familiar figure waiting for them up ahead. "Do you need glasses or something?" Hakaze mumbled under his breath.

"Nope," Kumari responded as she began to skip ahead to someone who looked like Sophie in the distance, making Hakaze quicken his steps to catch up with her slightly concerned with the object in her hand, despite that fact that they regenerated from an injury.

"Haven't you learned not to run with scissors in your hands...?" He said, loud enough for Kumari to hear as she ignored him. Hakaze then let out another sigh of defeat as he reluctantly caught up to Kumari and looked to see who it was that she kept mentioning throughout the way.

[fieldbox=Ghoul, hotpink, solid]
Near the Flower Shop in the 14th​ Ward

Toshie Fukushima

------------------------------

The weather outside was more pleasing that she thought it would have been. A silent breeze that seemed to whisper in her ear to tell her about the beauty that nature had to offer. Some flower petals were carries with it, almost having the feeling as if they were dancing with each other freely, without having to worry about anything else. How much she would give to have the freedom the people would talk about. The freedom to do whatever they wanted to do once they have set their minds on it.

Indeed, she was a bit jealous on humans as they were more appreciated than ghouls were. Ghouls were the source of all evil as it looks that way whenever you watch the news. Some people are fascinated by them though, but some just wants to get rid of them. To be more precise, the CCG in general. The only thing that they would think of as useful is the ghouls their kagune. The thought of having stolen her only power-source was frightening as she would not even be able to stand another chance against them.

She leaned her back against the wall as she would let her eyes stare up at the sky above her. A silent sigh escaping from her lips as she would reach out her hand towards it. She really felt small when she did that. The realisation that this world is so big and yet one tiny thing could cause the whole society to waver. It was just as fragile as if you were to build a card house, since if you push it wrong one time, the whole thing just collapses.

She slid down to the ground and squatted against the wall behind her. A stone would be in her hand as she grabbed one that was lying next to her. Drawing lines on the ground in front of her which slowly started to form into a flower. A rose. Her lips parted a little as she was concentrating maybe a bit too much on drawing the form, but it was enjoying for her as she did not have to think about anything else at that moment. As if she could escape from the world even though it was just for a little while. Without people ordering her around or having to deal with annoying customers who did not know what they wanted themselves.

A small black cat crawled down the metal ladder who were supposed to be there as an emergency exit. But that one seemed to be really old and if you would stand on it, you would probably crash to the ground without having to walk on the stairs. It's tail would brush alongside her hand, making her smile gently towards it, automatically petting him which made him purr in response. Cats were the only animals she really got along with. They were not that dependant on someone and just go their own way once they are old enough and don't need protection anymore. Maybe she felt comfortable with them because she was similar to them in a way…

"You're really pretty." She said to the cat, not expecting it to answer her as that would be really weird and scary at one point. A talking cat. The thought of it made her giggle a little, receiving a questioning glance from the animal. That made her giggle even more as it was such a funny thing to see. Though her quality time with the cat, seemed to have been coming to an end as her alarm resounded in the pocket of her pants.

"Looks like I have to go…" She muttered to herself and slowly straightened herself, watching the black animal walk away from her sight as it was probably going to search for some food that it could eat. She adjusted the bag that was hanging on her shoulder and started to move in the direction of the flower shop that she was working at. It was not far, maybe only two minutes walking from where she was before.

In the Flower Shop in the 14th​ Ward

The flowers outside were in full bloom, making her stop in front of it and smell on it. It really was nice to have this kind of aroma at your working place. As if the whole building was getting purified by anything that did not feel good. She brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear and walked inside only to be greeted by her colleagues.

Some were about to leave as it was her turn for the shift. She put on the apron that she received for work and started to arrange the flowers in the pots as the other shift did not manage to complete all of them. It must have been busy before she got there, but she did not mind to serve the customers as it was nice to see a smile upon their faces…​
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Akashi
CCG HEADQUARTERS
[CCG PRISON/DETENTION BUILDING]
YUI & KEIGO & AIMERY
7a2TmQQ.jpg
2Cl30Lc.png
9Ayj14J.png

Collab with @Ascendant and @Akashi

Yui Sonoto was once more doing some push-ups, strengthening her already rock-hard body and honing it further into a killing machine. The sudden appearance of two guards at the entrance to her cell caught her off guard, leaving her holding herself up by two arms as one of them spoke, "Sonoto, you're being released, for now anyway. Come with us." In the woman's mind were only the words, The fuck? Why?

They opened the cell and extracted her slowly, making sure to cuff her. As the pair escorted her out, another two guards formed up on them so that Yui was flanked on all sides by someone. To an outside viewer, this might seem excessive, but the truth was this small woman could still likely kill four grown men possessing assault rifles even with her hands tied as they were, especially considering most of these guards here weren't good enough for field duty. Inwardly she growled at them, still incredibly confused as to what the hell was going on.

Her questions would soon be answered as the formation herded itself into the elevator, ascending quickly. Stepping out, the woman was confronted with a few more guards languishing in the room, as well as two Investigators. One she recognized immediately: Special Class Investigator Keigo. One of the men who helped put her away, at least in her mind. At this person she glared with fury, until eventually looking at the much smaller and clearly younger man. This one she didn't recognize.

The guards said something she couldn't give less of a damn about as they removed her restrains, allowing the woman rub the sensitive skin beneath. Noticing what was presumably her quinque in Keigo's possession, Yui looked at one of the guards, "Where the fuck is my sheath? And my clothes. I want my revolver too."

Grumbling, the guard went away and then returned quickly with the packet she'd turned in when she was first incarcerated. Promptly proceeding to strip to her skivvies and toss her old clothes on; a t-shirt with a sarcastic, 'Eat Me,' plastered on it, meant to piss in the face of ghouls everywhere, and some basic work-out shorts, as well throwing her sheath onto her back. I need to get some better clothes, ran through the woman's mind as she stretched, once more clothed and still completely unashamed about what she'd done in front of more than six men. Yui had spent far too much time in prison, too much time sober, and amassed too much anger to care.

Finally, Sonoto wrapped her holster around her hip and put her revolver within it. Free at last, the woman turned to Keigo and the youngling slowly, declaring with all disrespect, "Sup, Keigo, that my quinque?" and then nodding towards Aimery while not taking her eyes off her superior, "Who's the brat?"

A casual expression was plastered on Keigo's face. Some of the guards approached the waiting room, only with the person they were both waiting for. A smirk escaped his lips before his eyes shifted towards Aimery. "That's your partner." He uttered, before his attention was drawn back at Yui.

"My my.. Is that how you greet your senpai?" Keigo lightheartedly spoke up, before standing up, with Yui's briefcase in his hand. "And this brat is going to be your new partner.. Starting now.." Extending the briefcase, he continued.

"And yes.. This is your Quinque.. I bet you're dying to get out there.. Back in the field, huh?" He rhetorically asked, before introducing the young Investigator besides the both of him and Yui.

"This is Aimery Bosco.. And Aimery.. This is Yui Sonoto." Keigo glanced between the both of them, introducing them to one another. A simple but light smile was on his face, wondering how this would work out.

Aimery felt the boiling rage in his stomach when he'd heard the woman call him a brat. Quite honestly, if it was anyone else, he'd be fine. Something about her just ticked him off. Maybe it was the disrespect in her voice towards him and Keigo. He was quite literally suppressing his urge to yell at her for it. Aimery then thought that he was her superior despite being younger than this... woman. Maybe it was to fix up that attitude of hers. He'd have to think of how to do that soon, because he might not be able to put up with this type of behavior. If you'd strip away that disrespect and foul personality, she might just be someone he liked.
Yet, even so, this woman was in a way his superior - since he'd be learning techniques from her. Aimery was still new to the CCG anyways.

Keigo lifted the silver briefcase and handed it to the woman. Oh, how dangerous she would be now. Aimery could only imagine. He began explaining her situation, and the more he heard about it, the more he wanted to slip away from them and hide. How was he going to keep his composure around her? It probably wouldn't be long until his impenetrable shell would break.

Keigo then introduced the rude woman as Yui Sonoto. Aimery actually liked the name for the most part, but that was the only thing he liked as of right now. Aimery scanned the woman down before looking into her eyes. He sighed. It was painful to even talk to this 'Yui' for some reason. Aimery stuck out his hand for a simple handshake. However, seeing how this woman was, maybe the handshake wouldn't be nice and easy.

"Nice to meet you, Yui."
Why did he add that first part? Aimery really... didn't know. However, Aimery's eyes seemed to tell them that he wasn't amused, since they didn't contain any interest at all. Well, this is what you got when you make a bad impression...

Yui pretended to play the part of an innocent school girl, suddenly changing her expression into a surprisingly cute one, bowing as she received the quinque and exclaimed in an incredibly fake and high-pitched voice, "Oh, thank you, Senpai!" Upon standing up straight from her bow, the woman's face was once more scrunched up in a scowl. Sonoto deployed her quinque from its briefcase, sliding the black katana-like weapon into its sheath on her back, "I've been just dying to kill someone, Keigo. Prison is a bitch. It's so fucking boring. No thanks to you or your buddies..."

Looking over at this 'Aimery Bosco,' Yui couldn't help but stare at him with a blank expression bordering on disappointment, potentially even sadness, muttering as she ignored his hand, "Great, a noob. You'll be dead within a few months probably. This life isn't for the weak." Changing her tone substantially as the woman moved some hair behind her ear, Yui declared with a smile, "So from now on, you're Errand Boy! Errand Number One: go get me a beer, damn it." The rather disrespectful female then proceeded to make a shooing motion with her hand before looking at Keigo and asking, "Is this all you give me? And you wonder why they keep dying."

A sigh escaped Keigo's lips due to the shift in Yui's attitude. However, to him it was nothing new. He could easily see through her little facade, but instead, he shifted his gaze towards Aimery, noticing how uncomfortable he felt around her. Turning back to Yui, he spoke up. " Hey now.. I was not the one who put you in there, but with your history.. It was only a matter of time."

"Anyways.. Your urge to kill something will have to wait. You see.. This is not your errand boy.. He's your partner.. You're also out on probation.. So make sure you both meet each other halfway.. You can at least add some effort to that, right, Yui?" Keigo glanced between the both of them.

"As for her story, Aimery.. I'll leave that up to her. So you both can bond with one another.." Keigo casually added, before walking past the both of them. "We should probably head on out.."

As Keigo started to walk towards the exit, he stopped in his tracks, gazing at Yui from the corner of his eyes. "Besides, you should thank me.. If it weren't for me.. The Director would probably not have agreed to have you released by Goru-kun. And since these ghouls have been popping all over the 14th Ward.. Having you outside dealing with them would probably be for the best.."

After a second of silence he averted his attention away from her and Aimery. Approaching the exit, he continued. "There is no way out of this Yui.. You'll have to accept Aimery as your partner.. And try not to get him killed okay?.. By the way.. The first task given to you and your partner is easy. Get to know one another. Treat him to a meal, or vice versa.You'll be notified if you're needed, which I'm sure the Director or someone from the CCG will end up doing."

"After all, I was only told to bring you and Aimery together, and have you released. There is nothing more for me to do. Besides, I have other pressing matters to attend. So I'll actually take my leave now. I'll see you both sometime later." Keigo did not wait for an answer from either one of them. Waving his hand in the air as a goodbye, he exited the place.

A sigh escaped his lips now that he was alone. He was glad that this little reunion was over for now. He was craving a cigarette. Grabbing his pack from the pocket, he popped a cigarette out, having it between his lips. " Still the same huh?..." He rhetorically whispered to himself. Finally outside, he used his lighter for the smoke, before taking a big drag, while his other hand was pocketed. Leaving both Aimery and Yui to their own devices was probably for the best. And if the latter knew whats best for her, getting on the Director's bad side would probably not end well for her.

Aimery was puzzled when Yui suddenly changed. If only she'd act like that with Aimery - then he'd might be able to put up with someone like her. Yet, in the back of his mind, he knew that was just an act. After all, he did see what she was like just earlier. Despite this cutesy attitude, she'd been begging for fresh blood. To kill. Aimery was getting scared all of a sudden. His shoulders were tensing, his heart aching to disappear from her sight. Aimery would like to think of himself as strong, and to help prove his point to himself, he'd be putting up with this crazy lady.

When she didn't accept his handshake, he disregarded her change of attitude all together. This woman is a monster. Aimery translated noob to beginner, then proceeded processing her words. Yui called him an Errand Boy. Apparently she didn't think of him as her partner. He was about to say something when Keigo intervened. Luckily, he was defending Aimery! Keigo was a good guy! Aimery was glad that Keigo wasn't the one who put them together, or else Aimery would hate him forever. Yet, all of the suggestions Keigo gave to them to 'bond' were horrid. Aimery wasn't going to listen to her story, nor she would listen to his - he inferred. He wasn't about to treat her to anything, not even the beer she requested, nor she would him.

As Keigo slunk out of the room, Aimery wasn't ready to stay here being tortured any longer by this woman. Aimery wanted to yell out, "No! Keigo, don't leave me here!" -- but that would hurt his pride. Aimery simply stayed quiet as he wanted Keigo leave. Once he was out of the room, he turned back to Yui. With a long sigh, he asked, "Ready to go out on that mission?"

Keigo must be out of his damn mind, was all that went through Yui's head as she listened to the man, just repeated over and over like a broken record until he finally left. Staring into the air for a few moments, the woman mostly ignored Aimery until her brain finally processed the load of bullshit it had put been into, causing her to glare at him, "Get this straight. You're Errand Boy, or whatever else I call you. You do what I say, maybe you won't die, because you look too damn young to have any field experience."

She suddenly leaned closer to him, unusual emerald eyes boring into his, "Because the field is much, much different from the Academy." Standing straight once more, something suddenly occurred to Yui, "Eh? The hell are you still here for? Where's my bee- Ah fuck it, let's just go to a bar. Come on, Shithead. We're getting drunk and busting some skulls for fun, because I want to punch something." With that, she strode off to leave the building and eventually the headquarters, not particularly giving a damn whether or not the boy followed.

Aimery was ready to take out his quinque and slice her down with it - only if he had anger issues. Luckily for Yui, he could control himself under the most annoying situations, one of the most severe ones being this. Should he beg on his knees, calling her his master? Hell no! If she continued to call him an Errand boy, he'd be the Errand Boy that screwed up every order she gave him. The only time he'd be listening to her was on the field where he'd be most dependent on her. After all, the one time he ever saw a ghoul was during a mass murder event. He wasn't a CCG member then, but he sure did have the will to kill them all off. They'd killed his father, they'll be getting his wrath later.

She leaned in closer to him. All he did was stand straight, unflinching to her. Still, his eyes were as dead as a fish when she looked him straight in the eyes. Aimery thought she'd say something cool and nice, but what came to mind was her earlier beer order. Yui decided not to push him out of the building, but they'd go together to a bar. Aimery never really went to a bar in is lifetime, nor did he want to. Aimery had no desire to drink with her. He didn't even want to drink coffee!

Wondering if they'd get on with their mission later after going to the bar, he decided to follow Yui. Maybe this was a change of atmosphere for him. After all, he never was with this kind of person for this long...

7th Ward
[Oshiage, Sumida]
LFC5pn8.png

Collaboration with @Akashi

Throughout the bumpy ride, that placed her in an awkward position, and with her partner at that, Akina really had no words to express how uncomfortable it was. Despite that, Taiki did have an attracting face, however, she never actually looked at him like that."Crap.. He noticed..." She assumed that he felt somehow different, especially with her own chest pressing against his. He definetely noticed how she felt in her current moment. "Th-..There is nothing to tell.. W--:. We had no idea it'd get this tight... Right?" She awkwardly asked, while shifting her gaze around, looking at some of the people around in the train.

They had already passed a couple of stations. They were already closing in on their destination. "Looks like there are about 4-5 more stations until we arrive at Oshiage." Akina informed.

Looking down, Taiki couldn't help but be amused with Akina's reaction, a serious women such as herself become so flustered and losing her words was, afterall, a sight rarely seen. "No, no.... Of course not.. Not our fault yeah, it wasn't our fault." he replied back, suddenly aware of just how similar his reply was to Akinas. He too turned his attention to the other passengers in the small prison they knew as a subway car, each on looking just as uncomfortable as the next. 'Packed as tight as sardines' he thought briefly.

Turning his gaze to the windows, he watched commuters go about their daily lives, many of them unawares of the dangers around every corner. The Ghouls posed a serious threat to everyone in the 14th Ward, and the fact of the matter was, none of the average folk really took them seriously. 'After all, no one ever thinks it will happen to them...' Taiki thought a bit gloomy as he realized Akina may once have been like that. Giving a look back to his partner and then to the small map above the door with ligths for every station Taiki could see they were now only two stops from their final destination. "Two more stops of this and we can finally get some personal space back..." he said with a small laugh as the train once again swayed around a corner.

A few minutes passed and the train became noticeably more spacious as passengers began to exit at the stations prior to their stop, 'Why can't it just be our goddamn turn already?' he thought anxiously.

"Yeah, you're right." Akina was inclined to agree with him. Personal space was a must in their current situation. As people started to get off at the stations they momentarily stopped at, she grasped the handle of her briefcase much more tighter, just so she wouldn't lose it in her cramped up position. However, once it was announced that their station was finally up next, a mental sigh escaped her. "Finally.."

By that time, their surroundings were much less cramped. And after the long ride with the train, it was finally announced that Oshiage was the next stop. The place they were to investigate was far away from the 14th Ward. It was specifically in Sumida, the 7th Ward. The train eventually stopped, as the both of them exited the train. Akina was still somewhat uncomfortable in bringing up the little 'event' that occurred back during their little trip. A little over an hour had passed.

Checking her wrist watch to see the current time, Akina assumed that the sun had already set down, now that the night was right around the corner. In order to draw their attention from their situation from earlier, Akina decided to spark or at least change the subject to pressing matters at hand. "Looks like an empty station. Besides, we should be more careful now... It's starting to get darker outside, and this area is unknown to us." They were among the few who got off at Oshiage. Akina was also curious to see what Sumida is like.

Stepping off the train Taiki walked with Akina at her side, "I can only assume it's getting dark out..." he said in a dull voice as he checked his watch. Seeing a chance for a wise-crack Taiki took it, "More careful? Why do we need to be more careful when we're the highly trained and dangerous Investigators?" he said a small smirk apparent on his face. But Taiki knew it wasn't true, every Ghoul was a force to be reckoned with until you knew their limitations, training in the Academy hadn't preapared him for his years as an Investigator in the streets, his partners had.

Taking a turn around a corner Taiki found the exit stairwell and began up it two steps at a time, leaving Akina slightly lagging. As he emerged from the station he was welcomed by dull grey buildings and tangles of power lines overhead. The shops that had likely been open during the day were shuttered and locked as far as he could see, and there were only a few stragglers making their way quickly down the street obviously sticking to well lit paths. "I guess the Ghoul problem is at least a fear in the seventh ward..." he said motioning at the locked up shops as Akina finally reached the top of the stairs.

As she did he noticed a few alley ways and fire escapes that would make great ambush and vantage points for any Ghoul at night, he quickly took note and decided it would be best to avoid dimly lit, and foreboding alleyways on this Investigation. 'And here comes the work... After an hour of... well... An hour of not the worst thing I could spend my time doing and now we're on to real work...' Taiki mused in his head. "So uh... Where to exactly...?" he said as he scratched the back of his head staring blankly down the mostly empty road ahead of them.

Akina wanted to say something in return to the boasting Taiki, who was filled with confidence. In her eyes that was a positive thing, but it could easily become something negative and unavoidable. However, she refrained from responding, knowing full well that Taiki didn't actually mean what he said, at least to some degree. "At least you have a positive mind." She easily added to what he said.

Once they were finally outside the station, and in the Oshiage area, one could clearly see the difference between the 7th and the 14th Ward. Her eyes curiously moving from one building, road, an alley to another. It was a quiet town if anything. "Now.. Are they closed because thats just how things work here... Or is there some other reason?" She was pondering on what to believe, but since their case originated from Oshiage, perhaps some Ghoul activity at least here would not be surprising.

Akina quickly brought back her attention from her surroundings, shifting her gaze towards her partner. "According to the police report we were handed, the location was around five minutes away from the station, towards.." She pointed north. "There.. Also the crime scene has been sealed away by the police.. So it shouldn't be difficult to notice." She informed, though wondered if Taiki ever did read the copy of the report he was handed as well back at the CCG.

Akina had a much more focused expression plastered on her face as she walked past Taiki, and started to walk towards the direction she pointed towards. "Let's get a look at whats really going on here..." The first impression she got from the place they were at, was something eerie, or weird. She couldn't exactly pinpoint the reasons behind her feeling, but if she felt it, so should have Taiki.

"Yeah gotcha, North right." he said as she took off without him. "Oh not this running ahead shit again" he groaned as he quickly caught up to Akina. Giving each alley they passed a quick look he couldn't seem to notice anything out of the ordinary other than the fact that every so often an entire alley way was just devoid of light, 'Like someone flipped a switch...' he thought as they continued on.

"I can only imagine that the whole ward has caught word of what's been happening recently. If I were them I'd be locked up and tucked snuggly in my bed right about now as well..." he said mockingly hugging himself. "Uh..." he said taking a slight pause, "Are there officers currently at the scene or do they just sort of.... I'm not sure, abandon it at night?" he asked, curious as to whether or not the ordinary Officers of the law were staying out in the desolate waste of the Seventh ward during the night. If they are out there, kudos to them I mean, staying at a scene where there have been multiple Ghoul attacks in the same area." he winced at a thought, "Takes some serious nervse to sit out there without a Quinque..."

Following Akina further still, the streets began to grow darker as the sun inched into its final moments of dusk. The streetlights, or the the few that worked, were humming as they walked down the main road. 'North... What a vague set of directions.' he thought as they walked. Ahead he noticed a police car, the lights weren't on but it was parked to the side of the road, and beside it was an apartment building, the entrance clearly taped off with caution tape.

Akina kept quiet for the moment as Taiki made his assumptions regarding her, or that's what she believed. "You're just slow on the uptake." She whispered to herself as her partner eventually kept up with her pace. She was focused on the streets ahead and didn't really look around as they were approaching the apartment. "So a single Ghoul has instilled this much fear in the people around the area to cause them to close up early?.. And stay locked up in their home?" There was just something about what she said that didn't seem right.

Her mind was boggled with questions as a more curious expression was formed on her face. "I'm not sure that's really the main reason.. Taiki.." She added, before glancing around to her left, noticing a few shops closed up and tightly shut. "Because.. if a Ghoul had done this much, I am sure the CCG would have attended to this issue alot sooner.. It was also recently that the police decided to rule it out as some normal investigation. Hence why they said that it was probably something around our alley anyway.." She explained, before her gaze shifted slightly towards Taiki.

"Also about the police.. As you wondered.. They have been keeping the place secure especially today until our arrival... They are probably..." Akina took a small pause, or was more like interrupted by the police car, which probably answered Taiki's question. "Here..." Stopping in her tracks, she tilted her head upwards, towards the apartment building. Two uniforms were standing before the door sealed by the latter.

"Looks like we've already arrived at our destination." Honestly, to Akina, it was much closer to the station than she first had assumed. She was, after all, judging the length based on the information they both had received. Looking over at her partner once more, she decided to speak up. "It seems like you were right. They seem to have the nerves to stay up there without any form of defense or offense against a Ghoul.. Perhaps you can change their minds and have them become an Investigator.. However.. Lets go and take a look. I bet they've been waiting for a while.." Half of what she said was slightly added with sarcasm, but perhaps some of it held some truth. It was still an unknown territory, and the investigation was about to start.

Sophie Hijirikawa

She was on the streets, the faint orange glow of the sun adorning the sky that will soon turn black at the night approaches when she felt a familiar presence with an odd one. Her pink eyes then gazed at the source only to see Kumari with a random ghoul named Hakaze. Sophie wasn't really fond of Kumari for her somewhat childish behavior but there's just something about the girl that she likes. Maybe its because of her thirst for blood? Or maybe its because she's someone she can relate to? Sophie doesn't really know but she doesn't really care.

Gazing the girl up and down, she noticed that its holding a rather sharp scissors in its hand. Well, not like its unusal for her anyway. "Kumari.. haven't you learned not to run with scissors in your hands?" Sophie asked, staring at her for a minute then at the boy. She had seen him a couple of times around the headquarters but hasn't really got the time to talk to him. After all, she's always busy doing something. "Also, would you care to tell me why you're dragging someone else to your crazy antics?"

Iblis Fleur Cafe
14th Ward
tumblr_n8zjm1laOq1tran5xo2_500.gif

Hikari
The redhead was wiggling her hands beside her ears with her tongue stuck out at Kaname when suddenly she was swept up and pressed against a pair of jumbo breasts. 'Reiku...' Unlike the teenage boy, she didnt struggle, instead she just went limp. Hikari learned a long time ago that struggle was futile when it came to Reiku's "punishments". But there was also a small part of her that enjoyed the older woman's embrace, though she would never admit it. That was until 2 more extra jumbo's squished her from behind 'Usami...' this made it a tad bit difficult to breathe so when she was finally let go she stumbled back gasping for air. Her strawberry eyes scowl up at the two women for a moment before a big smile plasters her face.

"Okay Reiki!" She responds energetically, using the nickname she gave the Manager years ago. Hikari waved at Usami and Kubo, though she doubted the smoker noticed her from the back. Perpetually full of energy, Hikari hopped up and spun around on one of the stools until the older Ghoul mentioned her mask. Stopping mid-turn she perked up instantly. "It is?? I cant wait to see it! I hope she didnt make it pink though..." She made a "bleh" face before giggling, obviously happy with the news. Once the coffee was done she took the cup in both hands and gulped it down in 3 seconds flat. Letting out a satisfied sigh she beams at Reiku "Always the best!" Her attention was pulled elsewhere as the adults started talking about boring stuff 'Boyfriends...Bleh!' She thought as she jumped down from the stool.

But before Hikari could go bug Kubo like she intended, one of her favorite victims people walked in. Running up without warning she suddenly jumps on Roger's back, hanging off him in a piggy back position she grins. "Rogie!" She called out excitedly. "Lets play! You still owe me a rematch." She was referring to their speed contest, last time Roger one, but Hikari knew she would beat him this time.

@Ascendant

14th District CCG Headquarters

H1DjA9Y.jpg
fadXHoE.jpg

Eitoro and Luffy

Collab between Ascendant and WhateverTheHellHerNameIsNow

Seated on his chair, he had several important phone calls he had to make towards the other districts. It was about the program which was initiated since a year ago. Cleaning Tokyo of the plague it was inhabited by. Mainly the abominations that goes by another name; the ghouls. Ending one of his calls before placing his phone back on his desk, a simple knock caught his attention.

"Come right in..." Asagiri Junpei, the Bureu Investigator of the CCG in the 14th ward, uttered, shifting his gaze at the document on his desk, which mainly held the neccessary information about the Quillex Research Facility.

Eitoro entered in front of Luffy, somewhat nervous about his rather casual appearance, wearing training shorts and a simple white t-shirt. At least Luffy had put a jacket on to cover her... assets... to an extent. He bowed to the Director returning to a standing position before asking, "You asked for us, sir?"

Luffy followed close behind Eitoro. Bowing at the same time as him she gave the Director a bright smile. "Nice to see you again Director. I hope this isn't about another Ghoul attack. We just got over the last one." She spoke more causally than Eitoro despite being in the presence of the big cahoona.

"Yes I did.. And its nice to see that the both of you are still holding it well together." Asagiri finished. His eyes peered over to Luffy, and then Eitoro, noticing what they were wearing. "Hit the gym?" He asked rhetorically, before standing up, holding some documents in his hands.

"You don't have to answer that.. I can clearly see I was right.." Walking around the desk and approaching both the Investigators, he extended two documents which held the same information. Gazing at Luffy and her bright and happy attitude, he had to notify them about what happened in the so-called research facility. The information in the documents would be more about what this research facility does.

"I wouldn't say its another Ghoul attack, but more like a few of the latter that needs to be taken care of. They've been kept busy and are for now being contained in a closed off section." Asagiri explained briefly, before turning around, walking back to his seat.

"Anyways, the both of you. Take a seat."

Slowly taking a seat in one of the office chairs with the document in his hands, Eitoro mostly tabbed through them for a few moments, A research facility? Not too surprising. Captured Ghouls should be weakened so Luffy and I should be capable of dealing with them. The man looked over at Luffy, considering whether or not to let her speak primarily in this situation. Deciding that he might as well assert himself a little bit, Eitoro turned his attention back to the Director, "So... we're just here to be sent to take care of these ghouls?"

Taking the document Luffy sat in the chair next to Eitoro. She scanned through the pages, only reading the highlights for now. Her expression was serious as she turned her attention to the director after her partner spoke. "Did they escape? If so, is it in a public place and has it been evacuated?"She asked in a rather straightforward tone. She wanted to make sure civilians wouldn't be caught up in the mess if something went awry. Glancing to Eitoro at his last question she looked back to Asagiri. "This seems like a pretty simple assignment for gaining an audience with you, Director." She commented curiously.

Asagiri's gaze shifted towards Eitoro regarding what he said. "You are an Investigator.. So this is usually what you do. Take care of these Ghouls." His own document regarding the Quillex Research Facility was on his desk. Turning over a page or two, before his attention was drawn towards Luffy, with her barrage of questions.

A light laugh escaped his lips. "If it were in public Luffy, I wouldn't have kept you both occupied here with me.. But don't worry. The situation is contained for now. And that is why I had Gozu bring you both." A confident smile was plastered on his face, before he glanced over at the two Investigators before him.

"They are still in the facility. And like I mentioned before. In a section that's been closed off. And having a pair of First Class Investigators there, would probably ease the mind of the scientists who've requested our help. We are after all, funding that facility. Plus, I am sure you both can handle them." Asagiri had another reason for why he wanted both Luffy and Eitoro, and his briefing was still not done. A much more serious expression was plastered on his face as he continued.

"I am sure this situation can be cleared up easily. But the main reason for why I want you both there is to keep that place safe from any outside attack. We've been receiving information about Ghouls who might've gotten the location for this facility. Maybe someone and their loved ones are there. So an attempt to break in to rescue them is what we're worried about. That's why I want you both there as soon as possible."

Eitoro looked away from the Director and towards the floor, somewhat embarrassed by the man's words. In the back of his mind, he assumed the man had something against him for his prior actions. Deciding that he didn't need to know anything more, he simply looked at Luffy, nonverbally indicating that he was ready to go when she was.

Luffy relaxed a bit knowing that the situation was contained and the Ghouls weren't running loose, for now. At the mention of a possible rescue attempt from outside Ghouls, she raised one eyebrow. 'Well that explains the extra firepower' she thought before her sapphire eyes shifted to Eitoro. Catching his "ready to go" look she stood up. "Alright we'll head out right away, Director, if there's nothing else."

"Glad to see your both up for the task... So take care of the contained ghouls, and make sure the security is tight over there. And as you both already know by now after.." Asagiri nodded towards the documents in their hands, before continuing. "Reading that.. The location for the facility is in the 18th Ward. More precisely, Arakawa." Standing up from his seat he moved around the table, noticing the eagerness in Luffy.

"Indeed. Leaving now is what I want so get changed and get to it.. I'm sure the both of you can handle this situation, but if anything unexpected does happen. Notify us immediately. Also, it'll take some time to get there.." A genuine smile was plastered on his face as he glanced over at both Eitoro and Luffy. "There is nothing el

Iblis Fleur Cafe
14th Ward
tumblr_no3a3gOsUn1sb03l7o2_500.gif

Kaname

Kaname could feel his self control slipping when suddenly there was a firm grip on his shoulder. Looking up he bulked a bit at the look in Reiku's eyes 'Shes pissed...' It wasnt like he wanted to be this way though, he was trying. Though his impulse was to attack Reiku and go for the humans, his survival instincts kicked in and his hunger subsided a bit. Attacking Reiku, let alone the humans, was a death wish he didnt want to make. "O...kay..." That was all he could manage to get out between clenched teeth. Letting go of the bin that was now bent from gripping it so tight, he didnt have time to force himself into the back before he was being dragged by his collar.

Grabbing at his collar he scowls back at Sora "Hey let go!" He nearly growled at the other Ghoul. Once he was released Kan put his hands on his knees, half bent down, his breathing was labored. To the bluenette's question he looked up at her, his Kakugan fully showing now. "Ive gone to long....Without eating...." He explained in a strained voice, right now it took all his willpower not to attack Sora. "Help...." He pleaded, this wasnt the first time this had happened. And Kaname hated himself for letting it happen again. 'Dam...'

Kuragari Ishi:
Eastern; 14th District

Hakaze nodded his head vigorously in agreement to Sophie as he stood by her when Kumari quickened her pace to walk ahead of them. Not even bothering to hide her blood lust as he looked away nervously.

"Does it matter?" Kumari responded to Sophie as she twirled the scissors in her hand and began to walk ahead of them. "Kumari only brought Hakaze because Vera said to bring a group. Since Hakaze has every right to be there, she thought it would be good to bring him along. It'll be a great gasoline to add to the fire," Kumari explained metaphorically with a giggle, as she grabbed her Cheshire mask hooked on her bag and placed it onto her face before forgetting.

"That's the dumbest thing iv'e ever heard..." Hakaze mumbled as he slumped his shoulders and followed without any other choice as he grumbled to himself.

"It won't be once you get there~" Kumari said in a sing song voice as she laughed, her laughter muffled by her mask. Yet the mischievousness of it was clearly heard as she continued to skip ahead of them and out of Kuragari Ishi's headquarters as she tilted her head up, to look up at the darkened sky with a wide smile beneath her mask and licked her lips carefully so that she wouldn't puncture herself with the needle she kept in her mouth.

"So... You're Sophie?" Hakaze spoke awkwardly to break the silence as he matched his pace with Sophie's to walk beside her while Kumari was ahead of them, leading the way. "I'm Hakaze," he introduced, extending his hand out for a handshake. Despite knowing that they already knew each other's names and met a few times, he still felt the need to have a proper introduction. Especially since they were going to work together on infiltrating a facility that he didn't even know the details about. So striking a conversation could allow him to find out what exactly the facility it was that they were going to. Though a handshake at the moment seemed a bit unnecessary, he couldn't just suddenly undo his actions and hoped that Sophie wouldn't leave him hanging.

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox=Ghoul, hotpink, solid]
14th Ward, Flower Shop

Toshie Fukushima

------------------------------

Customers came by, some were more enthusiastic about buying the flowers that were displayed than others. There were several types too. For recovering, for a wedding, for a funeral, for a birthday or when someone was going to have a child. They were all differences which made it even more fun for her. Nobody knew what kind of occasion they were needed until you ask. Sometimes they would tell their stories, mostly the elderly who were still full of life and did not need a lot to become happy. But the opposite ones also stopped by. Though there was this one kid that has been a regular as she bought a flower for her mother every week as the woman was sick and was hospitalised.

The minutes ticked by and it seemed like she had just arrived moments ago. Not minding the work that she had been given to and even received the job to create a bouquet for a wedding. She had seen the other colleagues do that before but she never did so herself. Her hands smoothly put the matching flowers together, resulting in an unique and beautiful assembly. It was like a symphony for the eyes. A weird thing to say but it was like that in her opinion. Her smile was gentle as she showed it to the boss of the flower shop who seemed to be satisfied with the result that Toshie gave. Even though she had only worked there for several months, her skills went up faster than they expected she would.
[/fieldbox]

14th Ward
Iblis Fleur

Sora looked about ready to wallop the heck out of Kaname after hearing his explanation, holding herself back before dragging out a sigh, "You idiot... Do you know how badly that can screw everything up for us if you flip your lid and attack someone? Jeez... How long has it been this time? You know you need to keep up with it, even if we can't get it ourselves... That's why we're here, in Iblis." As they were in the kitchen, it was likely Kubo was there to see and hear it all. Looking over to him, Sora had a hand in her hair with a defeated and irritated look, "Hey Kubo?.. Think you can handle this little dumbass over here? Reiku caught him almost having another hunger breakdown... I mean, if you want to. You're usually back here and no one really sees you customer-wise.. That and if Kaname loses it completely you should be able to subdue him further back.. Maybe put him through what you did for me? I don't know.. Some help would be nice." Sora looked to be ready to say something else before she heard a familiar voice out front. Ears perking and face contorting in faint irritation, she turns around to head back out front, "Uh.. Sorry but I think I smell a rat."

Out front, the others were greeted by Roger's entrance and Reiku looked over to him as he greeted her, "Ah.. Evening there. So what brings our other American-born friend to Iblis?" Saying that, she herself was from the east coast of the USA. Looking around, the last of the customers had just left after paying their tabs, now leaving the cafe empty of just ghouls. Looking to take a gentle sniff, Rei's eyes centered calmly on Rogers', "So.. I take it you've been busy, Spider.. The scent's still somewhat fresh, Hm?.. And Sora's friend was with you too? Rather recently.."

At that, Sora perked up as soon as she entered the room to hear that, "What about my friend?.. Do you mean Rena??" The way she suddenly glared at Roger made it look like she was a dog about to snap at a passerby. Approaching him rather abruptly, the blue-haired girl stared up at him within his personal space with a scrutinizing look.

"Easy there Sora.. Actually Roger, you came by at a good time.. I was thinking of finding you anyways. I needed to talk to you about two different things, one involving my little.. Delivery. Know if it's arrived yet?"

Iblis Fleur Cafe
jlbYRm8.jpg

Roger Burns​

"Oh, hello there, little one!" Roger laughed as Hikari suddenly attacked him, attaching herself to his back, "Sure, we'll play in a moment, I just have some older person things to take care of." Her weight was practically nothing to him, so he mostly just ignored her for the rest of the time as Reiku spoke to him. Spider Rider couldn't help but smile at Reiku's ever-accurate nose, saying as he scratched the back of his head, "Busy indeed, and with Rena. I was going to bring her here, but something came up."

Rider looked down at Sora and mustered the best grin he possibly could, "You know I don't mind having your gorgeous, blue-haired self this close to me, right? And you know I'm a perfect gentleman, your friend is fine." After addressing the girl, once again he looked back towards Reiku, "Yeah it arrived. I've got it nestled away at my place, we'll go by there to get it. And the second thing is?" Chuckling like a villain, he also added, "Oh, you owe me for your delivery, you know?"

Having attended to the women in front of him, Roger suddenly swung Hikari over his head and wrapped his arms around her, aggressively tickling her to death, "As for you, it's time to pay for jumping on me!"

tumblr_me9umjFths1rnyvcro4_250.gif

Iblis Fleur Cafe

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Kubo had finished with making the sandwiches when Sora and Kaname arrived in the back. Instantly he was annoyed because Sora was scolding the boy and how it was interrupting his personal time of being inside of his own mind. He released a sigh as he was asked to watch over Kaname. Sora didn't even wait for a reply as she already left the backroom and left Kubo and Kaname alone. Taking the cigarette out between his lips, he placed it down in the ash tray and put the sandwiches away in the refrigerator. Turning his head to Kaname, he gave the boy a glare "Sit down." His eyes looked past Kaname and too a bar stool chair that Kubo had in the back. He brought it back here so he could sit when he felt like it or just for other people that come in the back. "Alright. You need to start learning how to control yourself. Reiku isn't always going to be there for you." He closed the fridge and turned his back on Kaname and walked over to the large walk-in Freezer. Kubo wasn't a mean person, but he didn't need Kaname flying off the handle and killing someone in their shop. The CCG would crack down on the Cafe Shop. The shop was meant for safety and a place to blend in and work, not draw the attention of the CCG. Kubo entered the Freezer for a moment and returned with something in his hand. It was wrapped up in white paper, like a butcher would do when you took a cow or deer to his shop.

"Tonight is when we are suppose to eat." Reiku and Kubo thought it would be easier for everyone in Iblis Fleur to be on the same 'eating' schedule. Most ghouls only needed to eat once a month, unless they were a glutton. "I don't need you killing people today, so here." He took the wrapping and cut the seal and unfolded it. Inside was meat, it wasn't a large slice. Kubo made some smaller slices, like this one, in advance for occasions like this, when a ghoul was hungry and on the verge of attacking, or in case they had a random ghoul enter looking for a place of safety. Kubo could feed them without getting rid of too much meat. "Stay here and finish this. Don't eat too fast." He picked up the package and placed it in Kaname's hand before exiting the back room and back up to the front behind the counter. He left Kaname back their alone to see his self control. He was letting Kaname eat what he was given, but Kubo wanted to see if Kaname would try and enter the Freezer to eat more.

He saw Roger but kind of ignored him. He didn't really care for the Ghoul, something about him made Kubo wary of him. "Reiku. It is getting close to closing up, dinner will be ready soon also." He said, folding his arms and standing behind the counter. He looked at all the customers and back to Reiku before leaving the front room and back into the kitchen to see how Kaname was doing. He could easily subdue and knock Kaname out if he tried eating more than he was allowed.

Reactions: Detective Zero
14TH WARD - TOKYO STREETS
[DESTINATION > READ IC]
VERA & SHIONE
mOdTqQg.png
nbwm2pI.png

Collaboration with @Kuroshi

Shione contemplated about what Vera had said and looked at the human before he turned to look at Vera once again, only to shake his head. "No, you're right," he spoke as he gave a small smile to Vera, knowing that she had a reputation as a human.

Shione didn't really mind that the driver was human, he just felt the need to mess with them. Especially when his urge to skin them of their flesh was strong. He actually didn't have a reason to create an unecessary mess and cause Vera trouble in looking for a ghoul to take over. Although she didn't seem to mind letting him kill off the human, he decided not to. Not only that, the aftermath of killing the driver was too much work and he would rather not deal with that.

As much as he wanted to rip the humans flesh off, he let his urges subside and yawned from the tiresome thoughts. "It's fine," he said to Vera, confirming that he wouldn't kill the human driver.

As they were being driven towards the destination Vera had in mind, her eyes were slightly squinted, focusing on Shione and his expression. A manipulative smile was on her face. She was interested in seeing the reaction or if the urge to go all Ghoul-like in the car would happen. A few moments passed. Before Shione ended up not doing anything rash. "That is probably a wise choice.." She calmly responded, averting her eyes away from him.

The day was over and night was right around the corner. The blue skies were only becoming darker and darker. It was also around this time that the activity of the CCG only multiplied, but so did the activity of the Ghouls. After all, preying during night was what made the Ghouls even more dangerous. Looking outside the window with a casual look in her face. Passing by many light poles and the likes, she was looking at the many fragile humans in the streets. She had big plans for the 14th District.

"This long drive is making me thirsty.." She uttered calmly, before diverting her attention down, beside the doors. One, two champagne bottles were placed there with some luxurious glasses. Opening up the bottle she poured herself a drink. "Want some?... Shione?" She asked, before glancing at her fellow Ghoul from her purple eyes.

"You'll have some right?.. With me?" Vera rhetorically asked, before pouring another glass, not waiting for a response.

As time went on, Shione looked out the window to watch several cars and buildings pass by as the sky gradually darkened, while listening to the engine of the car. When he heard the sound of Vera speaking, Shione turned to face her with a questioning look as he saw her eyeing two champagne bottles beside the door. "I don't drink," he stated as he watched her pour him a glass without waiting for his response and sighed. "If that's really champagne... Are you seriously going to to give that to someone underage?" He asked, raising one of his eyebrows questioningly at her.

A sigh escaped Vera's lips. If anything her companion was either trying to bore her to death, or try to get on her bad side. Perhaps there was some other lingering reason for why he was acting that way. A normal expression was plastered on her face before she decided to respond. "Don't be silly. You're a Ghoul. You feast on human flesh, yet you're worried about being underage?.." Vera made a light but casual laugh, before leaning back in her seat, her leg crossed over another, with her hand placed on the knee, while the other holding her champagne glass.

"Besides.. You're just about the right age..You're young but old enough to take a sip.." Vera knew how old Shione was. She knew mostly enough about the people in her organization.

"Ah... Right. I forgot," Shione responded with a quiet laugh. Being around humans most of the time for his job made him forget some things. Especially when they literally forced him to read and abide with their useless rules. Taking the second glass of champagne that Vera had poured, he held it in his hand and looked at it distastefully, as it restlessly shook in the glass.

"So... You were going to explain what we were doing?" Shione brought up, remembering their previous conversation awhile ago that she would explain what they were going to do when they got into the car.

"We can also indulge ourselves in such temptations... Like the Humans.." Vera playfully finished, before twirling her glass in her hand, looking at the liquid surrounded by it. A few moments passed before she was asked a question.

"Yes.. I never did mention that.. Did I?.." Vera spoke casually, before taking a sip of the champagne. Placing it down in one of the glass holders, her expression became somewhat serious. It was a familiar place they were going to visit. Someone she was related to was also there. Not looking over at Shione, she kept her gaze towards her window, to the outside. "You've probably heard about places for Ghouls who tend to keep away from anything dangerous. Or more like.. Stay neutral and stay safe... More specifically.. A sanctuary for the Ghouls."

"We're visiting one of these sanctuaries.. To see where things stand... And to make sure they don't get in our way.." Her hand was resting on her leg, her fingers drumming lightly on top of it, yet slowly. "It'll be more like a warning..."

She moved the bangs of her long but blonde/silky hair behind her ears, before shifting her attention back at Shione. "Anyhow.. The place is called Iblis Fleur..." Mentioning the name of the coffee shop reminded her about her days back in college, and knowing exactly who was running that sanctuary. Her eyes squinted somewhat. It was a shame that they're paths differed to such extent. Her ideal different than Reiku's. "Now tell me Shione.. Is there anything you would want to ask me?"

Shione grunted as he continued to hold the glass of champagne in his hand, not planning to drink it anytime soon as he brought his attention to Vera, who mentioned that they were going to a sanctuary for Ghouls. The description of it made it sound somewhat familiar, but he couldn't quite remember what it was until she mentioned that it was called Iblis Fleur.

It was most definitely familiar. He remembered passing by a place called Iblis Fleur when he was going on a tour for his concert. Though he didn't exactly know what it was like, he did hear some things about a coffee shop for Ghouls who kept away from trouble.

Throughout Vera's explanation, Shione felt as if there might have been something more. He wasn't exactly sure what it was, but it seemed like there was something she wasn't saying. "Do you know them? The people there?" Shione asked, knowing that she might have been acquainted with Iblis Fleur somehow to be able to walk in to their shop in person and warn them without raising some sort of suspicion. Though a conflict seemed more likely, considering that they were giving out a warning that the other Ghouls would likely be against.

The question was not entirely unexpected, but it was a sanctuary so if Ghouls specifically went there, to even visit and the likes, that wouldn't even be a problem. The doors were open to everyone, but the ones who mean harm. "Well.. I know some of them, but I am sure most of the people there know of me. If anything, the one keeping that sanctuary intact may have shared that I am a Ghoul. Since.." Vera took a small pause before she noticed some familiar buildings along their way.

"Since we share a past." Vera's appetite for her drink drastically disappeared. Looking at her half-full champagne glass for a few seconds, before she continued. "I've brought you along so you can take a good look at what that place is like, how it works, and to keep anyone from interfering.." What she really meant was something Shione would have to see for himself once they would get there.

The car turned to the right, the streets were even more familiar to her. It was a nostalgic feeling. Her expression calm and her demeanor unfazed by the thoughts lingering in her mind. "I'm sure there will be some Ghouls who may not like us being there, but so be it.. Nothing they can do to stop us.. Not now.. Not in the future either."

Leaning herself somewhat forward, she knocked on the tinted door. It was to give the driver the signal that they've arrived, even if their chauffeur knew where to stop. "It looks like the place is only about five minutes away." She stated.

"Since?" Shione asked, when Vera didn't finish her sentence. He was about to say something again when she spoke and nodded as he watched her look at her half empty champagne. "Yeah..." He said quietly in response to her statement as he looked out the window of the car from where he was sitting as Vera spoke to the driver.

Curious as to what Vera had meant when she mentioned that she shared the same past, he decided against asking something that she could have mentioned before and continued to watch the mundane buildings pass by with boredom.

Knowing that he also had somethings he didn't speak about to Vera or anyone to that matter, he knew that he didn't have a right to ask anything about person's past. Although he did question whether Vera was on good terms or not with whoever it was that she spoke of, he had a feeling it was neither, considering how she spoke about the subject.

As they were nearing their destination, Shione put his hand on his violin sitting beside him and put it onto his lap as he held it with his hands as if it were delicate and fragile and smiled a gentle smile that quickly disappeared as the distance from Iblis Fleur decreased.

Minutes passed and the driver finally made the stop right before the entrance to this so-called sanctuary, Iblis Fleur. "Alright.. We're here." She spoke up, wondering how much of the place is still the same or if its something she wouldn't be able to recognize anymore. Looking at the door leading inside with a normal expression, the driver eventually came and opened the passenger door for her and Shione to step out from. A simple smile and a nod was expressed by Vera.

Once she was standing before the cofee shop, she waited for Shione to exit the vehicle. Her back against the car, she tilted her had to the side, and from the corner of her purple eyes, she gazed at the driver. "Wait outside.." She casually finished, while her driver nodded in agreement.

Looking at the sign with the the name "Iblis Fleur" ingraved on it, some memories flashed by in her mind. "This is the place..." Vera stated. Vera knew that by this time around not many people would be inside. Walking towards the entrance she opened the door and ventured inside, with Shione behind her.

Once she was inside, she noticed some familiar faces. Especially one or two. Vera's own sister was also a part of this place, and that was a reason that made things somewhat difficult between the two of them, to some extent if anything. Her mid-heeled boots would have made her own presence known. The bell attached to the door would also make her presence known, at least when she or anyone would open the latter.

'Reiku' She thought to herself. "It has been a while..." Vera squinted, with her gaze locked onto the white haired Ghoul.

Once they arrived, Shione got out of the car, grunting at the driver who opened the door and slung his violin case over his shoulder as he approached the entrance of the cafe. He then followed behind Vera into Iblis Fleur and blankly looked at the unfamiliar people in the room with his guard up. His attention brought to a specific Ghoul with white hair that Vera had spoke to, making him narrow his eye at her as he kept his hand on his violin and watched the movements of the other Ghouls arround them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.