Tilly's Tavern & Inn IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Eh, I'm pretty rusty on conversion rates myself. I wasn't around way back when those were the currency." Tilly spoke with a small frown. Math was a cringe worthy subject for her. She knew enough to keep the bills in order but intricacies like currency exchange were beyond her. "I'll ask the resident ancient." With those words she turned to head back inside. And that's when she heard Chio's screaming. Oh boy.

Leone flashed a small glare at Chio as she freaked out about their newest patron. "She ain't bothering anyone! No, no freaking rice wine, and no attempting to exterminate her!" He wore a stern expression on his face. "Treat her with the same respect that you would with any sentient being, and apologize. Now." It was a rare moment when the faintest of growls could be heard in his voice. With his wings spread slightly and his eyes shifting to a darker shade of lavender, his glare settled firmly on the young kitsune.

"What the hell is going on in here?" Tilly asked sharply as she walked over to the center of the commotion. "Honestly, a bar owner can't buy cheese from a tree in peace around here?" She sighed, a bit exasperated. Her tail lashed behind her. Her gaze came to rest on the lich in the center of all the mayhem. "Hello, the name's Annabet Tilling. You can call me Tilly or Miss Tilly or whatever. I'm sorry for the commotion, these two," she gestured to Aria and Chio with a flick of her tail, "are a bit new to the full range of the supernatural world." She offered a small, sympathetic smile to the poor girl with her apology. "Why don't you have a drink on me." She offered, a fuller smile appearing on her face. "Leone here will get you all set up." And once that's handled, I'll see how much a copper piece is worth.

Reactions: Boss Megu
Startled by the raised voices, Mimoza looked around, assessing the situation. It seemed as though the tavern staff had a bit of a commotion with the pale lady. First the tree, next the pale lady. She seems nice, though. Mimoza gathered her coins and stood up. Perhps it's better to drop by another time.

She stood up, bowed past the people and left. She'll definitely return for Leone's mead, that's for sure.

"A lich is a basically like a zombie, but with free will. Cool necromantic powers, at the expense of having problems that no skin cream will ever cure."

"Thank you, Miss Tilly," Rebecca said with a polite nod. She'd been raised to be courteous, and her current condition didn't change that much. "And don't worry about them. I get enough of that that I'm starting to get used to it." A thought came to the lich. "Say, you wouldn't happen to have any need for a house mage? I mean, my specialty is obviously less than useful here, but I've also got a good training in basic cantrips."

The tree kept standing there. The inn owner spoke of exchange. Did they not use copper coins? Oh well, they were at least interested. There appeared not to be much more to do than to wait. And have a literal light snack. If only there’d be some water…

Oh. Arundinaera appeared to have a customer himself. Now that wasn’t everyday that happened. In fact, besides regulars he had a deal with, no one came to buy his cheese. But then again, his home village wasn’t the most known one either.

“Is this enough,” said the person in front of him. Sure, they may have held out a silver coin, but Arundinaera had no idea. He couldn’t, after all, see. His leaves shifted again, wind picking up the patterns and shapes. “What coin?”

Though it appeared he’d get no answer, before his first non-affiliated customer ran off. To get what, wine? What was the deal with humanoid meat beings and their addiction to mildly intoxicating fluids? Still, Arundinaera supposed, if he had a brain to mildly intoxicate, then perhaps he’d have noticed this sought after effect.

But he didn’t. So for the time being, he stood still on the veranda, waiting for the person to come back. At least now he could get that sun he said he’d get. His leaves turned, yet again, but this time, they were all faced outwards, in the direction of the sun. The relaxing pressure of heat on his leaves almost had him doze off, if he could fall asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.