Tied to a minor chord

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She hesitated, wondering about the picturesque plan, but tried to hide her musings. "If I'm ill informed it's your fault! Where are we meeting? and is there anything else I should know?"

"I'm sorry...I only thought about it today...I really should have planned ahead." He tried to sincerely apologize. "I guess that its really your choice because you are so intent on paying." He teased. "I guess we will meet at your house...that is if its okay with you."

Looking down at her lap, her hair fell forwards veiling her anxious expression. "Actually I think meeting at the stairs would be better. The same flight we were at the other day would be close enough to several restaurants."

Everyone would be home tonight, if they saw her dressed up AND leaving with a guy, all their nosy questions and instructions would be unbearable.

"Seems reasonable enough. See you there at 6:15?" He was happy his friends weren't nosy in his business and he doubted any of them would be on a date with their girlfriends if so it would be a long awkward conversation.

"Certainly." Before leaving she looked him over once more to determine how well she should dress.

The actual process took ridiculously long. It's just picking clothes, it shouldn't take this long she told herself over and over. But she was nervous, and pacing in front of her closet didn't help. He had described the evening like a date, but she didn't trust herself. What if that's not what he meant to do at all and she was only imagining things were like books? She decided that was the most likely explanation, after all, Will had been so friendly and caring from the start. She would go and not let herself read into things.

Finally with a black skirt and royal purple top sparkling with sequins she delivered the message she was eating out. The list of who, what, when, where questions she answered as nonchalantly as possible. It must have been alright because her mom let her go with little more than a standard reminder to be careful and not to stay out late.

He had finally arrived at the stairs hoping he isn't late and checking his watch he was five minutes early. "I do hope nothing happened to her." He had decided to sit on the stairs and hum some band music to pass the time.

It was a full five minutes before she arrived, coming around the corner "Good evening. Ready for dinner?" Megan asked cheerfully.

"Huh..." He blushed at the sight of her dress. "You look stunning. No even better than stunning you look perfect." He chuckled. "The sight of you makes me want to pay for dinner."

Megan blushed a fierce fiery red and shook her head until her hair fell in front of her face. 'How can I not read into that? Don't! Don't!' She pleaded with herself.
"Then don't look at me. You can't buy." She stammered quietly. Meghan was so flustered it was all she could do to keep from turning away and leaving that very minute. 'Why couldn't I just smile and move on instead of embarrassing myself like this?'

Last edited by a moderator:
"But if I don't look I won't get to eat. Plus I can't get over how amazingly perfect you look I mean most girls would over do it and go full out with a bit too revealing dress and way too much make up, but you use the right amount of everything." He strode over to her side and offered his arm.
"Shall we go in?."

She took a deep breath and placed her hand on his arm. It hadn't been a vain compliment, his notice was appreciated, and calming. She could still be herself and he was still Will. "Thank you." She said quietly. "Two?" the hostess asked and Megan nodded. "We are preparing a table for you right now, it will be just another minute." the woman told them, since tables for two were scattered througout the resteraunt.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this i brought my wallet just incase you didn't."

"Yes! Im going through with it, eeesh you make it sound painful. it's the least I could do." She exclaimed settling back into more normal conversation with Will, the nervousness fading.
"Right this way." The hostess beckoned, leading them to a table.

"Okay then if you say so." He followed megan to our seats and he pulled out her chair for her to take a seat. "It's only proper for a lady as fair as thyself to sit first."

"You are a considerate gentleman. Thank you." She smiled, without the stammering or quite as much blush as before.
The waiter arrived with their menus. She poured over the pages debating between tortellini and ravioli, both of which sounded delicious. "I can't decide, what are you thinking?" She asked.

"Uuuhhh...I don't think you are gonna like what i am gonna order." Sneakily he orders the cheapest thing on the menu to avoid costing her much money. His meal consisted of Sauteed Chicken with rice and marinara sauce.

"It's your meal, I don't have to taste it. What did you get? Oysters? If so you're definitely right." She looked at him questioningly but had to turn away to order her tortellini with chicken and fresh vegetables.

"Not in that way, but I understand." He had disliked oysters since recent tragic events occurred but he had been hiding it from everyone to keep anyone from fretting over his own account "So I see you are popular among the many young men here I mean just look at them they are practically drooling over you."

Megan's eyes widened but she didn't look at them. She coveted her flushed face with both hands, her voice muffled "Will, stop talking about how I look, please!"
Or what? Or she would get up and leave? She would like to at this moment, but then she wouldn't be able to buy dinner for Will. She would have to deal with it. Slowly she spread her fingers looking across the table at him.

"I'm sorry." He had simply stated with a bow after he stood up. "I just didn't want you to be ill informed again." He sat back down looking a bit guilty but brightened up again when the waiter came by with the drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.