Thoughts on Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HALLOWEEN IS BESTWEEN.

.......That sounds weird.

Anyway, it's my favorite "holiday" because, well, anyone who knows me already knows my love for Horror.

When I was a kid, it used to be about the candy and of course I loved playing dress up. These days, it's more about the dressing up because while candy is delicious, for a person who is basically many people crammed into one, having a chance to dress like those different sides of me is utterly relieving.

There's also the appeal of the spookiness surrounding the event. The ghosts and the ghouls and the creatures of the shadows. How do I explain it?
When you visit the grave of a loved one and you feel like they are there with you in spirit, you feel a little closer to them if only for a while, right?

This is Halloween for me. I feel closer to that part of me that believes in ghosts and ghouls and creatures of the shadows. It's also the time of year when weird shit starts happening in my basement. :D

I'm not sure that makes sense or if I just come off as batshit crazy but oh well. :P

I love halloween; the sweets, pumpkin carving, costumes. Trick or treating to, but I'm a bit old to go without my neice.

Halloween brings the one time a year this one couple in my village do out thier whole front garden into a grave yard with dummies and generally scary stuff. Each year they hide somewhere and each time you fall for it and get the crap scared out of you! Definitly not children friendly that.
But its my favourite time!

Though I think I need a new costume this year. I've been a pirate 2 years in a row. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.