Thoughts on Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm clearly the odd man out here, but I'm actually not a fan of Halloween :/

I loved it when I was a kid, but it's somehow turned into how slutty one can dress. Don't get me wrong, if that's your thing that's cool. However these "slutty" costumes are out of control. I mean I knew this girl that went to a party as "the walk of shame." It was all bad.. in so so so many ways.

It's the only day I can eat candy like crazy and not be judged. *cuddles her secret stash of candy* ;--;

Candy, horror movies, being able to speak about my fascination of death without sounding like a maniac, being able to dress up scarily or silly no matter how old I get. I WANT HALLOWEEN NOW! I WANT HALLOWEEN DURING EVERY HOLIDAY!! LET'S TAKE OVER THE WORLD WITH HALLOWEEN!!

IM GOING TO BE A FUCKING BOXXXER!! D:<

unbranded-fancy-dress--adult-everlast-boxer-chick-costume-medium.jpg
<<< So like this but as a black girl :D and ima get a championship belt...
so not just a boxer, a BOXING CHAMP!!

I enjoy the holiday as it's fun to see the kid's come all dressed up like I used to. Although if my work schedule changes again before Halloween I won't get to actually enjoy trick or treating, but such is life.

I haven't dressed up in a while, but I liked when we used to make our own costumes.

Halloween is also a great time for the cult classic horror movie marathons and such :D

now 'adult' costumes are a different story...but won't get into that.

But yeah I enjoy Halloween. It's a bonus that it's a week after my birthday :D

It's friggin awesome! I mean, the costumes, the horror movies, the candy, the scary pranks, so great. I miss actually being a part of it as a kid. Growing up made me feel not so good about it. I've seen some very good costumes that adults made and wore, but those "slutty" costumes do indeed take out the point of the thing. Good thing if you wanna get laid, but it really has nothing to do with the actual meaning of Halloween. Maybe with the "getting laid day", but eh...

But my favourite thing overall would definetely be the scary pranks. Sure, some people said that pranks are only for the April's 1st, but I totally disagree. I do make pranks on the April's 1st too, but the ones of Halloween are just awesome. I usually plan them for two weeks before actually doing, and it just always turns out to be soooo goood.

Oh, the look on their faces...

Candy corn! And lots of it. And I LOVE Halloween. It's more of a lifestyle than a real holiday for me. Just gives me the excuse of actually looking like everyone else for once, haha.
But the weather can never make up its mind around here. Past few years have been lucky is hasn't been cold or worse.... -gulp- Snowing.
I'm just hoping I can get into a costume this year, probably going to do my ragdoll costume, haven't worn that one yet :p
And I'm dressing my daughter up as a lady bug because her nickname for me is baby bug. I just wish we had a house to decorate. Next year though, next year. We are going to have lots of cool stuff ^.^

It's friggin awesome! I mean, the costumes, the horror movies, the candy, the scary pranks, so great. I miss actually being a part of it as a kid. Growing up made me feel not so good about it. I've seen some very good costumes that adults made and wore, but those "slutty" costumes do indeed take out the point of the thing. Good thing if you wanna get laid, but it really has nothing to do with the actual meaning of Halloween. Maybe with the "getting laid day", but eh...

But my favourite thing overall would definetely be the scary pranks. Sure, some people said that pranks are only for the April's 1st, but I totally disagree. I do make pranks on the April's 1st too, but the ones of Halloween are just awesome. I usually plan them for two weeks before actually doing, and it just always turns out to be soooo goood.

Oh, the look on their faces...
I'm glad I haven't met a person that says pranks are only for April Fools'. No one likes being the butt of a joke, but having pranks only contained to one day of every year? Pfffff.

Now, if I had more people around, I'd probably do more pranking. But I don't.

As for Halloween, I'm probably not going to be celebrating this year, but damn was it fun before that. Age didn't matter; I could get away with acting like a complete dunce. The ones who did comment and say "Aren't you a bit old to be trick-or-treating?" got a cheeky smile and sometimes a sarcastic remark if it applied. My neighborhood is pretty lenient, though, considering we've got a lot of haunted houses and decorations. If kids are too scared to come around, then adults will.

TL;DR Halloween. Yeah. Best holiday.

Lots of candy and an excuse to eat it all night, heh. I usually like seeing people dressed in costumes too; especially the unique ones.

I liked it, it was fun, but it's irritating now that I'm, quote, "too old to trick or treat". Pfffft.

...Oh, and probably should have mentioned this earlier: I like to do a sort of monster movie marathon on Halloween. Not horror - just movies with monsters in them, like Van Helsing, Hellboy I and II, and Young Frankenstein.

Dislike >.<
Loud, lots of scarily dressed people knocking on door.
Though, it's worth it for the Halloween doujin-shi.

I think I'mma be Mary Poppins! Simple costume, and I can burst into song whenever I like!

The parrot umbrella's gonna be tricky though

My order for Mehron's Special FX makeup kit has shipped today, and I am very excited. >:3 Should be here in a week. I also need to take the rest of my measurements today, so I can order the costume for Alice (unrelated to the special FX makeup, unless I want to make her a zombie.) I don't know how many women there are with a 90cm bust and a 68cm waist, but that is definitely not me. (96 bust - 74 waist - 101 hips: well gosh dang don't I wish I had that body.)

I'll be ordering the Royal Dress from Alice: Madness Returns. My hair is already long enough; all I need to do is dye it. The past three Halloweens I have been too deep in depression to do anything, so I am making up for it this year. Yeaaah.

Status
Not open for further replies.