Those Hunted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross wanted to scream, seeing the mess of a battle. And she even more wanted to scream when she saw a newcomer, (Wolf) on the ground with a bone sticking out. A bone. She had never seen something like it before and part of her was interested in the bone. So she quickly floated down to Wolf to examine him.

"Um hi. So, yeah. I'm just going to, well. Just let me. I think this might work. Trust me though, okay?" Ross formed a plan as she examined Wolf. She thought that maybe she could exude her powers and manipulate the bone so it become like her, able to go through anything, she could push the bone back into place without causing him to much pain. So she placed her hand gently on the bone, hardly disgusted by it, and tried her hardest to push her ghostly powers out and over onto the bone.

Okay, fine. We can take this route if you want. You don't have to battle. At least we get to have some fun, right? And with that comment from her brother her ghostlyness filtered over the bone and it carefully was moved back into place, since it became able to go through anything. It may have caused some pain from the rest of the body but she had hoped maybe if she did it right and her powers covered enough area of the body it would make it feel like this part of him didn't exist. After all, when you are a ghost you don't feel pain. It's like everything is completely numb.

Though the after effects might still hurt.

Ross then remembered what Wolf was doing when he got hurt. She laughed for a second and said, "Not very bright now are you? A tree? Really?" She laughed a bit more, even though she was amongst a battle field. "Xypher! Did you see the girl that he was carrying? She fell somewhere! I know this probably isn't the best time, you know, middle of something or other. But if you get the chance, maybe find her? Or um, tell me what I should do to help you?" Ross yelled out across the battle field, unsure of where Xypher was in comparasion to herself but she had to be around somewhere close. Hopefully.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *​
Thana decided to keep cool for a minute, taking deep breaths. Reminding herself she was just in a container. Nothing more. She is more powerful then a small box. She can do anything better than humans, disgusting, filthy, horrible humans.

Suddenly she felt a rush of joy, death had just filled the air. She could almost feel the blood of the scientists and it awakened her. She didn't know what happened but suddenly she was no longer afraid.

Her arm twisted into shape of a hammer and she hit the box once, twice, and three times. The top came prying off and Thana rose from the box. With twisted and ratted up black hair, Thana rose from the box. Her milky brown eyes shone with a glimmer of happiness. Before noticing Insanity she noticed the bodies and blood. A smirk spread across her sharp jawline face. Finally she looked up at Insanity, and let out an evil grin at him, "Well, well. Looks like you have been busy. Thanks for uplifting motivation. Some death is all I needed." Unafraid of the mutant that stood before her, she assumed he was a mutant by his looks and by the fact that he was standing amongst punctured and dead bodies and not flinching. "Thanatophilia is my name. Though by the paper in your hand you probably could have guessed that." Her hammer hand twisted back into the thin hand it was once before, taking her hair and flicking it off her shoulder. "Come here often?" She said half way teasing, half way serious. She couldn't help but be a little curious about this guy. She wouldn't have cared if he had looked like a normal mutant, but something about him made her think maybe he was like her. And maybe he wouldn't find her as twisted as the rest of the world did.

Kat's heart lept into her throat as she suddenly heard the loud noise of battle. Weird noises of metal clanking, fire crackling, and a loud mans voice caused Kat to peak out from behind the tree. Her green eyes went wide, mouth ajar when she saw the scene before her.

It wasn't a battle, it was a war.

Kat's mouth was dry and her veins pounded with adrenaline Curiosity killed the Kat. Curiosity killed the Kat you idiot. Look what you've done to yourself. Her mind hissed at her. How the hell would she get out of this one? They were like her, except she was weaker than the rest, she decided. Mutants.

If they are mutants what were they doing this for? This is chaos and sure to get the attention of those who take our kind out! Damnit!

At first, Kat played with the idea of running away. But if they were mutants, it was very possible they would see her, or it's more possible she'd get caught in the crossfire. It was probably safer that she stayed behind the tree, and just waited it out. Then again you could still die if someone broke this damn tree, right? You'd be crushed. She thought, wondering what options she really had. What else was there? Sit and hide, or run. Two. Or... Maybe three?

No, no, no. You are not going out there! She hissed at herself. She had sapped at her energy quite a bit already today, messing around with it. But, as she used her powers, it worked like muscles. The more you worked it, the stronger it got. So the strain was good over time. Without too much strain that is. Taking a deep steadying breath, Kat pushed calmness into the minds of those around her. She hadn't quite played with emotions to this degree before, pushing harder to connect the minds of those who were ready to fight, and calm them. When she reached her target, the farthest one away, she added pity to the calmness. Calmness and pity usually was enough to counter-act violent anger. Then again these were mutants, and stretching her powers thin she had no idea if the effect would turn out right or not.

With sudden hope, Kat slipped out from the side of the tree. When she did, she immediately regretted it. It felt so unreal, what she was about to do. Anxiety built in her own stomach, causing butterflies and she wished that she could feel the calmness and pity the others should have felt. "What is going on?!" she yelled loudly, her voice came out high pitched and demanding. "What are you people doing?"

Kat had spoken like this before, she had a way with words. She wrote speaches for the debate team and often spoke up front. But being on stage and being in front of an audience was way different than a life or death situation. It felt so surreal, maybe she had been in shock, because she let her anxiety subside and her passion come forth as the words spilled from her lips.

"Why are you trying to kill eachother? Why are you guys acting like the savages normal humans claim us to be?" Kat's voice lowered, not as demanding, as she hopefully already had their attention. With her last words she just darted her eyes from one person to another. "I hope you all are ashamed of yourselves. You make the rest of us look like blood thirsty bastards! Why do you think hunters come to take our lives?" She closed her eyes, then opened them. "Because of this!"

--

Victoria's fingers fell over the red stained silk along her white cape, licking her lips with a smile. The fire was blazing in the woods, thick dark smoke and a heavy unpleasant oder filled the air. She slipped out onto the street, letting the fire burn and turn what it will into ash. Right before her heel hit the pavement her cape came off, got rolled up, and was placed back into her large black purse. Metal clinked together in her purse as she walked on the sidewalk past the large park. Another hunter, with a gun, how unoriginal. Boston wasn't nearly as crazy as new york, yet still busses sped and car horns honked, still people of all kinds littered the streets.
Victoria preferred NYC to the fishy smelling town of Boston, she thought of it similar to a wannabe NY, or even a wanna be NJ. But she would take the train home tomorrow, to a different apartment and area of the city that was. She only came down here to take care of some minor business. With that though, Victoria smirked to herself as she walked in front of the large park she came out of. She yawned casually and hiked up her purse. She wore a modern LBD with combat boots and a leather jacket. It was an edgy take on an old favorite, she loved keeping up with the fashion. The only thing she couldn't do was pierce her ears, so instead she wore diamond clip ons, her black hair curled perfectly around her pale face.

She looked like an upscale rich bitch, but looks are deceiving. Which is very well known especially in a city like this. Victoria was staying at a nice hotel up the main street by the park. Quincy market a few miles from there. She didn't pay attention to the disturbance, and even if she had heard it she would do nothing about it. It wasn't her problem. She took care of herself and that's all she needed to continue doing.

A figure in blue and silver armor stood atop of a abandoned building overlooking the battle in progress. From his point atop the building the figure started to sort the eleven meta humans into rank by categories of strength,agility, endurance, luck and potential para outpouring and quality. It had taken some time but he had compiled results he deemed satisfactory. Smirking adorned his shadowed face plotting and planning on how to test them individually. Setting his sights on three of them already.

Materializing an ornate golden bow and arrow before sighting in the young woman who phased in and out of existence (Ross). Drawing the bow and preparing to fire the phantasmic arrow that now seemed to glow giving off its own light being charged with para, preparing to hit the target on the physical plane or not.

Sadly fate said it was not to be, whether it be a low luck stats or karma for aiming at a aware target. A burst of para distracted him at the last possible moment knocking off his aim causing the shot to pass in front oh her barley cutting off a few strand of hair before slamming into the ground with deafening crack as if lightning had struck. Cursing he allowed the bow to materialize next to the arrow with a small stack of books labeled Magecraft for dummies. With this he spurned away and disappeared in a flurry go golden particles towards the prison that the para signature came from pissed with the fact that most of those who he had pain stayed hidden from had seen him.

However if anyone picked up the book they would descover that had been trolled, for once they saw the sign a chibi Arthur was holding up: have fun reading the book… in Ancient Greek! From A~

For let it be known if he can't do what he wants he will find and he will prank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
"That hurt like hell! And yes, a tree! Those things hurt you know!" Wolf said as his skin quickly melded back together, leaving not even a scar on him. Sitting up, he started to stand and said "Help me up Ghost girl." He laughed himself and reached for her hand, but his passed straight through and he fell through Ross, and onto the ground again. " This sucks." Is what Wolf said standing on a knee. Suddenly, movement caught his attention, and out of the corner of his eye, he watched a man draw a bow string and fired it at the ghost girl. The arrow went off course, cutting her pale ghost like hair. Raising his wrist, he began firing a volley of rounds towards the armored man, but missed each but broke a tree in half. Looking towards Ross he said "You alright Ghost girl?" He smiled playfully, and remembered the girl he saved moments before. He pointed towards a gathering of bushes "She should be over there someplace, I gotta help my cat."

Insanity tilted his head at the strange girl the crawled out the box. Ignoring the chatter she said, besides her question, "You come here often?" By now, most mutants would have run in fear or turned insane, but this one was different...more like him that anything else. Shaking his head in silence, he began circling the new mutant, a frown of confusion on his shadowy face. Insanity smiled realizing the irony. He was confused for once! Getting back infront of the mutant he extended a hand saying "You may call me Insanity, or if you prefer Mister Insanity. You seem different Ms. Thanatophilia.... I like different."

"You may call me Insanity, or if you prefer Mister Insanity. You seem different Ms. Thanatophilia.... I like different." Arthur had located the source of the para. He was intrigued by the being to say the least he could tell that it had been human once due to the way it spoke. But that wasn't what intrigued him so much. The creature seemed to be a true blooded homunculus. A being thought to have been lost since the last holy grail war. Sure it wasn't a true born homunculus but it was still a true homunculus, no the damn thing was the result of a meta human magus' blood being injected into the original male human's body. The blood mutated the body into a form a suitable form. The abilities and affect on the non physical plane.

But by god it's magic circuits were beautiful. Being so much larger than most any living beings coupled with the fact that they were abominably poor quality to the point that they actually tainted the para. This put together caused a shock and awe ability to relay a aura of fear to affect those who couldn't manipulate para. In fact the affect was spectacular enough to actually break the hearts, souls and minds of those who are continually exposed to him.

But curiosity killed the cat, he was so engrossed in his own wants that he projected a balance dagger in the shadow of the other meta human pining her in place until the dagger decayed from the natural world rejecting it. With this said and done he pulled Caliburn from one of the two sheathes on his belt and used the sword to cut a section of the fragmented soul off. After doing so he materialized in a shower of golden sparks from bending reality before ripping the soul fragment and accompanying magic circuits away purifying them and absorbing them. He watched for a moment watching the entity known as insanity looking around itself as if confused before glaring at him for as he guessed was thing him as a 'dishonorable' hunter. Then the switch flipped as it stood stalk straight with it's red eyes glaze over in what he once again guessed was extreme pain. Waiting for around thirty seconds he grew bored swing as insanity would live he got up and sighed resheathing his most prided sword, turning to walk down the hall in boredom. He tossed a book over his shoulder homing insanity bringing him back to his senses before disappearing in a way similar to earlier at the battlefield. Thus leaving only a book with writing on the cover: magecraft for dummies in incomplete grammar, for being my test rat from A~

Ivy walked down the Boston alleyway, uncaring of the seedy environment. She remained apathetic as the alley got darker when she traveled deeper. An old informant worked here, and he intentionally gave her bad information. His bit was seedy from the beginning, but it was too tempting. He wanted me in danger. Now he'll see just what danger is. Ivy's hand pressed firmly against the red door that brooded at the heart of the alley. Inside lied a pub, with countless drunks meandering about the place. Ivy walked in silently, taking the whole scene in. Men and women alike huddled together in booths, shouting and laughing in their own fashion. Ivy slammed the door behind her, putting all eyes on her. She shouted loudly, above even the music player, "Benson! Benson, you liar! don't bother hiding from me! I demand an audience with you, you rat!" The people in booths turned various pale tints, whispering amongst each other in anxious unison. The bartender became even more pale, cowering behind the Liquor taps. He knows who I am. Come to think of it... Ivy casually made her way towards the bar, her green eyes honing in on the rat himself. The Bartender became even more terrified, not even playing off his disguise. Ivy took a stool, directly in front of him, her eyes still trained in him. Benson greeted her shakily,"Goo... Good evening, Miss... Would you care for a drink?" "No. I drank last time we discussed, and you screwed me over." "I'm sorry, you must be..." "No, I'm not. Next time you hide in plain sight, try not to be too plain." Benson smiled anxiously, then ticked his head to the side motioning to the owner's office. Ivy grunted , and got up to a brisk pace. She pushed her way in, keeping focused on Benson. The weasel sleeked in beside her, and locked the door behind Ivy in a feigned hospitable act. Ivy wasted no time, pushing him back with her voice. "What the FUCK did you hope to accomplish!?" Lightning cackled at her fingertips as her fury grew, causing her hair to float and react with her face. "Did you hope you could kill me so easily!? Did you hope the men you hired would take me by surprise?! Did you hope your damn plan would stop me?! I payed you hundreds to put me in the loop, and you put a hit on my head!" Ivy slammed Benson against the wall, her forearm digging deep into his sternum. The lightning went away, but her rage still grew. "Benson, I should kill you and blow up this whole block along with it! Give me one reason why I shouldn't destroy you!" The man gasped for air when Ivy released her arm. He clung to the ground at Ivy's feet, gasping and choking. Despite this, he managed to confide to Ivy, "be... because I knew you were lying about your opinion on Deus. You don't want to kill him. You want to work for him." Benson sneered as he hit the nail on the head, forcing Ivy to break her rage with apprehension. "If someone as powerful as you went to his side, we would all be doomed. Deus would find some secret way to reign you in and do as he says. Don't think your so mysterious. I can read people like you at leisure." This only sparked Ivy's anger more. She brought more lightning to her hands and punched Benson in the abs. He spit out and bent forward, struggling to breath again. A flurry of red struck him as Ivy let her rage loose. A barrage of blows hit Benson from every angle, seemingly all at once. Benson was unable to register what was happening, as it happened too fast for him to see. Ivy then threw him with a swift uppercut, throwing him through the door they entered. Screams erupted from the customers, as Benson landed on the bar. Ivy was still seething, and flew at him. All the people could see was blue lightning fly from the office, striking Benson square in the chest. He convulsed and fell over. Ivy stood over his body, all rage purged from hr. Only a nonchalant face confronted the panic inside the bar. Within seconds the people ran screaming into the night, with Ivy plodding through the urban maze in deep thought. Definitely overdid it back there. Now I gotta find leave before the police show up. Back to square one, yet again. Deus said in his addresses that he welcomed all mutants, but never told us how. He's definitely too greedy to follow, but he does offer security. Ivy disappeared into the urban jungle, once again looking blindly for any clues on the figure calling himself 'Deus'.

The aid of the mystery woman was overpowering. Edward only stared at her with the shot in his hand, thinking it could be a trap. Is she ware I'm immune? Maybe a joke death would drive the point home... Edward pulled out the needle, feeling faint at the sight of the needle. Okay, I can do this! The needle was a few inches, and required a vein. I can do this! I... The shot was smaller than the ones used to test chemicals in his body, but it still had the same hold on his hand. Edward trembled slightly with the shot in his hand, but shook himself out of it. If it is poison, it can be a good laugh later. Then again, it may be the same healing effect from earlier. Edward took no more time as he plunged the needle into his arm, mustering a shriek from him. A tear feel from his left eye as he pushed down the shot. Soon the unknown medicine flowed through Edward's veins. He expected to feel nothing, but he actually felt invigorated. the needle fell out as his entry wound closed itself. Edward stared at his arm in disbelief. He then focused on the stranger, and talked in a fearful voice, "Thank you..." Soon Xypher met his hand, and offered a kind smile. "I'm sure you noticed the tree. I've hollowed out the root system with vines. Using your fire and water powers, you can make steam. Enough steam pressure can build enough potential energy to launch my missile. Do you think you can help with that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.